[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

1 hour ago, camichi said:

Me too, actually i came to watch this drama cause i was searching what to watch and i started watching  this Drama in ep. 4, at the beginning i was like humm  This show looks like the typical idol drama for teens, but it got me immediately i started it. 

Same here. I was actually in doubt if this handsome rookie will do justice to the role but I’m so happy I did not get disappointed. I saw some dramas of ISH and she is a good actress. At the end, I dropped all the dramas I’ve been watching with this one because they were either taking forever to reveal things or they’re too heavy. I am watching kdrama to destress and if I watch a stressful drama it will bot serve its purpose. That’s why I love this drama it’s not draggy and makes your eyes and heart happy. :D  

Friday come fast please! JTBC don’t you dare troll us this time please. Give us all what we deserve! More sweet dates and the most awaited KISS of our adorable OTP. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG. The preview. :w00t: Thousands of fans are waiting for this kiss scene. :wub: There will be a revolt at JTBC if it doesn’t happen.  

It is so much fun how everyone is spazzing over the 30 second preview.  What would I do without this forum to pass the time?  It’s only 49 hours 17 minutes and 45 seconds before episode 15 starts. :lol:

32 minutes ago, volturi987 said:

LOL!!! Savage but I love DKS’ line on that clip! It’s the exact description of SA. “Not human” 

After seeing the preview, it makes me still more angry on her.. I don't think I would sympathize with her backstory!! 

Trans of ISH IG update

We love you as MR for ur beautiful acting which is far better than anything.. ISH u worked hard!! Fighting!! 

2 hours ago, soesje said:

edit: I also read on DC gal that they think during the kissing scene KS will first give a peck on the lips and afterwards goes in for longer kiss... but this was pure speculation (and my korean isnt that good so i may have misunderstood)

I think that's based on the webtoon, so I would hope it's what they do. But honestly, I don't care how faithful or not they are at this point as long as we get a real kiss. :sweatingbullets:

Thanks for the translation @icyphoenix! Poor Soo Hyang, I hope she's alright. I didn't notice the swelling in the filming, but I guess we will see if we can tell onscreen.

19 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

I hope someone does it before the end of the show.. She runs her mouth soo much despite of her misgivings!! No pity spared on her!! 

Exactly! Just 2 episodes left and after seeing the ep 15 preview she is still as inhumane as ever so how can we give her some pity. I just feel like I wanted to poke her eye everytime I see her on screen. 

17 hours ago, ChyuuNyuu said:

Everything you said was perfect i agree with everything you said about gender quality this show does it but does it in the most perfect way.

16 hours ago, sks18 said:

Love your thought/analysis. Girl power.

Rather then girl power its equal power but i get what you mean ;p

33 minutes ago, kangminjae said:

I had to do this...

Them:

Me:

Angle overload. chinese drama's can learn from that. 

18 minutes ago, volturi987 said:

Exactly! Just 2 episodes left and after seeing the ep 15 preview she is still as inhumane as ever so how can we give her some pity. I just feel like I wanted to poke her eye everytime I see her on screen. 

I feel 0 pity for her they should have planted pity through out but showing her vile for like 99% of the show and 1% pity? Obviously i would not pity her.

Yay for kiss scene!

It doesn’t really matter if the kiss scene follows the webtoon or not, but one reason I wish it does is because it means we’ll get not one but two kisses from both parties, a peck from MR followed by a more passionate one from KS :D 

Although I don’t have much hope for a passionate kiss.. I have a feeling it’s gonna be more of an innocent kiss since it’s a first for both of them.

Another food truck, wonder if this is from today’s shooting?

8 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I feel 0 pity for her they should have planted pity through but showing her vile for like 99% of the show and 1% pity? Obviously i would not pity her.

I admit that I wish I felt more pity for Soo Ah than I do. Intellectually, I understand that she's also a victim of a society that values appearances above all else and that treats women as objects, so I'm not too upset when she weaponizes it against the menfolk. But when she kicks another girl while she's down just to ensure her own top spot, that's when she loses any of my sympathy. And from the start she's had it out for Mi Rae precisely and preyed on her vulnerability, which is the exact opposite of the lesson Hye Sung taught in flashbacks. A sign of true strength is protecting those weaker than you, not hurting them more.

2 minutes ago, 0live13ranch said:

Your gifs are so apt :lol: I'm here for the gif party after the kiss (even though I don't know how to post gif at all).

Yes, we need a gif party! You click "insert other media," then "insert image from URL" and paste the address of the image you want to add.

I really do hope that Eunwoo has outgrown his shyness over kiss scenes, whether it was previously induced by his management, fans or inexperience. Soo Hyang seems like she could make any actor comfortable enough to do anything, so... :wub:

I’ve read some comment in YouTube that some Aroha fans (Eunwoo Astro fans) are not ready for kissing scene... some fans wrote like a novel that they understand because it’s just an acting.. Well, I guess I have to wait till Friday if the kissing is just a bait for the sake of the ratings and more viewers! But I’m excited and the same time sad... no more romantic drama for now until my mind and ❥ heals with this drama hahaha! 

36 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I feel 0 pity for her they should have planted pity through out but showing her vile for like 99% of the show and 1% pity? Obviously i would not pity her.

SA’s character had been very consistently evil. She was fake to everyone, even to her only friend JH. She’s using her ultimate power “her good looks” to befriend and confuse all men who showed even the slightest interest in other girls. She’s an attention grabber, pretentious, fake and super manipulating b****. I tried to find even just 1 good description I could use for her characted but it was none. And I am very happy that DKS was able to see through right at her even from the very start. So it made us so nostalgic everytime he’s trying to put her in her place. :D 

Well, the actress was effective in portraying her character because she was able to make all our blood pressure shoot up to the highest everytime we see her, right? Haha 

I’m gonna miss this drama and also the insightful exchange of thoughts in this thread too. 

Archived