[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

14 hours ago, volturi987 said:

I actually cannot choose which is his best profile. Anyside you look at him I feel like he was computer generated. Hahaha

I remembered seeing him in Law of the Jungle “New Caledonia episodes” he was handsome even he just woke up, came out from the water. That was the show where you can see the celebrities with the very least or no makeup at all. That’s where I learned that a guy this handome exist in real life. I even googled if he had plastic surgery rumors and saw several of his childhood pictures which proved that he was just really blessed with an unbelievable visual. If I will quote my brother “there is nothing you can throw from his looks to his brain, he’s even good in some sports.” Well he’s still human because he needs to exert some efforts with his dancing. 

Couldn't agree  more. I cannot look at him as a human. He's definitely some other being. A fairy ? :lol:

When you look at him, it's as the same as you look at the most beautiful scenery of nature or sunset or sunrise.

Dumbstruck, in awe, speechless.

I'm sooo not into kpop. I dont pay any attention to it and yet this rookie young idol-actor made me into a ridiculous fangirl.

And mind you, I'm 41 yo ahjumma. My husband must think I'm crazy fangirling a guy half my age:naughty:

People keep trying to find his flaw. The best that they can find is he cannot make perfect "heart' sign with his hands..lol

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, amisyka77 said:

Couldn't agree  more. I cannot look at him as a human. He's definitely some other being. A fairy ? :lol:

When you look at him, it's as the same as you look at the most beautiful scenery of nature or sunset or sunrise.

Dumbstruck, in awe, speechless.

I'm sooo not into kpop. I dont pay any attention to it and yet this rookie young idol-actor made me into a ridiculous fangirl.

And mind you, I'm 41 yo ahjumma. My husband must think I'm crazy fangirling a guy half my age:naughty:

People keep trying to find his flaw. The best that they can find is he cannot make perfect "heart' sign with his hands..lol

Haha Our age are not so far apart. My husband keeps laughing at me that I am fangirling over a kid who’s old enough to be my son. :D 

I have so many things i want to say about these 2 episodes haha, but i will keep it brief :P I will tell you what i liked the most! 

I loved the confession. Mirae finally having the courage to be honest and tell KS how she really felt. KS is always reassuring her, saying it's fine. This time was no different :) 

Ska_rmavbild_2018_09_09_kl_08_57_55.png

He understood that she needed time and while he was hurt about seeing Mirae with Woo Young, he was still the same the day after, just slightly hungover haha. And when he heard that Mirae rejected Woo Young, he didn't hesitate one second, he called her immediately. And Mirae was the same, she came as fast as she could. And the handholding, so cute! Just loved all their scenes :wub: 

With Soo Ah, i'm happy Mirae established firm (!) boundries. Her behaviour is becoming more apparent to others, very noticeable with Mirae. She is so jealous of her that she can't keep her facade any longer. Happy to see Mirae calling her out on her actions. While i don't condone that Sunbae's behaviour towards Tae Hee, i was actually feeling a bit sorry for him. Imagine being manipulated by someone and start questioning yourself. Scary stuff! But I'm cheering for Tae Hee to find someone much more stable and honest. If it wasn't for Soo Ah, there would have been someone else i think. He keeps telling Tae Hee is cute, but she is so much more than that. She is a person that deserves to be treated with respect. He really behaved badly. 

I also would like 20 episodes rather than 16 so we could explore the other characters more :) Or a second season haha, because i do find them all to be very interesting. I didn't like the side stories that wasn't relevant to the plot but i think in the long run it did contribute to the story being more well-rounded. I love watching Mirae and KS on their own but it's quite fun to see them in the collage environment or with friends/family. 

I also really enjoyed bestie and Woo Youngs scenes. For me the scene where they are talking is one of my favourites. Bestie realised he liked Mirae, instead kept her feelings for herself. I think it highlighted how different they are when it comes to confessing. I loved that he said that he should learn from her but she retorted that she hasn't dated anyone yet haha...I wonder how it will go, i really cheer for them because they are such good friends to others, kind and deserves happiness too :) 

Ska_rmavbild_2018_09_09_kl_13_09_50.png

Ska_rmavbild_2018_09_09_kl_13_10_02.png

I think there was so many scenes that i loved in these two episodes. The bromance! The cool mom! Secret dating! And especially the backhug, it felt so honest and true to the couple. I'm not ready for it to be over but every story has its end. And i'm sure the last 2 episodes will be great :) Jtbc is really great with this kind of collage dramas. Age of Youth is also one of my favourites. They mix reality and drama with cuteness and seriousness. It's the perfect mix and while there are common tropes, they are done tastefully. And always casts the perfect actors or at least bring out the best in everyone i think. 

Looking forward to next week! :D 

1 hour ago, volturi987 said:

I actually cannot choose which is his best profile. Anyside you look at him I feel like he was computer generated. Hahaha

I remembered seeing him in Law of the Jungle “New Caledonia episodeshe was handsome even he just woke up, came out from the water. That was the show where you can see the celebrities with the very least or no makeup at all. That’s where I learned that a guy this handome exist in real life. I even googled if he had plastic surgery rumors and saw several of his childhood pictures which proved that he was just really blessed with an unbelievable visual. If I will quote my brother “there is nothing you can throw from his looks to his brain, he’s even good in some sports.” Well he’s still human because he needs to exert some efforts with his dancing. 

came out from the water? shirtless?? ;o

Definitely not looking forward to this show ending!!! Why isn't this the drama that gets extended by 1-2 episodes??? All them dumb dramas usually do!!! There's so much story left to tell!!!! 

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the scene where DKS is waiting at the bus stop for KMR and is trying out different poses to look cool for her LOL. I laughed so hard at that scene and just had an overall "awwwww" moment. So adorable.  Then he sees her and is just awed by how beautiful she looks.  Did anyone else notice he didn't tell her "you look great"? Need a psychoanalysis of that haha.

Anyway. Lots of great scenes in these two episodes. 

I'm also happy that they finally showed more of the perfume stuff. She bought the perfume for him!!! They didn't show the name of the perfume though!!! Eeek! Excited! 

And they also showed him noticing the candles!!! That was my wish for the past episode where he drops her off home! Yes!!! Loved it haha. He wanted to sit on her bed!!!!

And then the candle making scene!!! He actually liked her from day 1... He noticed her. That gave me a conflicted feeling. Did he notice her because he thought she was attractive and wanted to protect her? Or just because he can't stand the weak being bullied? But I did like that scene! 

Haha, this drama is really a discovery of CEW for me too! He’s really the most handsome idol I’ve ever seen. And the more I found out about him the more he just seems so perfect from his looks to his brains. I too wonder how can someone like him exist :D

I really wish the best for his career and future. The Korean entertainment industry is a very harsh one and he found fame in a very young age, so I hope he’s able to keep himself level-headed. Hopefully one day he’ll be known not only for his visual but also for his acting skill. If he works hard to become a better actor and stays out of scandals, he’s gonna be a big star, for sure. Looking forward to his future works!

1 hour ago, Wotad said:

came out from the water? shirtless?? ;o

Yeah shirtless! 

@icyphoenix watching his variety shows is a great idea. He alao guested in Boomshakalaka where he showed everyone that he is still human because of his dancing skills. Hahaha He showed his basketball skills in Idol Party. Where he broke the record of Shinee’s MinHo. 

I thought at first that he was too stiff in his acting until I read the webtoon and found out that he was really suppose to be like that.and he is doing a great job maintaining that DKS facade. Hope he’ll get more good acting projects in the future.

SA wanted to be in the center of attention and she has succeeded. Now, her pictures are all over the Internet... she has caught the attention of all the guys. However, she didn't want it to be that way. 

Now, she will experience the negative side of popularity.

14 hours ago, maniac1 said:

Definitely not looking forward to this show ending!!! Why isn't this the drama that gets extended by 1-2 episodes??? All them dumb dramas usually do!!! There's so much story left to tell!!!! 

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the scene where DKS is waiting at the bus stop for KMR and is trying out different poses to look cool for her LOL. I laughed so hard at that scene and just had an overall "awwwww" moment. So adorable.  Then he sees her and is just awed by how beautiful she looks.  Did anyone else notice he didn't tell her "you look great"? Need a psychoanalysis of that haha.

Anyway. Lots of great scenes in these two episodes. 

I'm also happy that they finally showed more of the perfume stuff. She bought the perfume for him!!! They didn't show the name of the perfume though!!! Eeek! Excited! 

And they also showed him noticing the candles!!! That was my wish for the past episode where he drops her off home! Yes!!! Loved it haha. He wanted to sit on her bed!!!!

And then the candle making scene!!! He actually liked her from day 1... He noticed her. That gave me a conflicted feeling. Did he notice her because he thought she was attractive and wanted to protect her? Or just because he can't stand the weak being bullied? But I did like that scene! 

He didn't say anything but if you watched closely he did an elevator scan of her and his eyes said more that 'you look great' and he smiled a little before saying 'Annyeong'

I don't think this has been posted before?

I still can't get over the backhug scene.. Love the close up shot of their hands. His manly, veiny hands over her small hands.. :wub:

viewimage.php?id=20a4d922ecc13fa760b8d8b

And oh,  just a little something for all the thirsty noonas out there.. :rolleyes:

Spoiler

15 hours ago, volturi987 said:

Yeah shirtless! 

@icyphoenix watching his variety shows is a great idea. He alao guested in Boomshakalaka where he showed everyone that he is still human because of his dancing skills. Hahaha He showed his basketball skills in Idol Party. Where he broke the record of Shinee’s MinHo. 

I thought at first that he was too stiff in his acting until I read the webtoon and found out that he was really suppose to be like that.and he is doing a great job maintaining that DKS facade. Hope he’ll get more good acting projects in the future.

Yeah...some ppl must've not read the webtoon because in there DKS doesn't smile AT ALL. CEW is nailing it so perfectly and his drama DKS is actually more tonned down than the webtoon DKS as we are seeing him smiles a lot now after the official dating.

As for the dancing, he's the weakest dancer in his group and he admitted it. He said he's not such a fast learner when it comes to dancing but once he memorised a choreo, he'll never forget it. If you've watched the Idol Championship where Astro won the gold medal in acrobatics (which is more difficult than normal dancing),he did an awesome job.

1 hour ago, volturi987 said:

Yeah shirtless! 

watch him in big hit.. he is not stiff..

if you compare the two roles you will realize he is actually putting in effort..

there is this short drama where his role is similar to DKS and he plays a chef there

8 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I would like to remind our dear visitors of this thread that the posts must be related to the drama and not about the career of actors or actresses. There are other threads for that. The gifs or videos must be related to the drama itself.

Will abide by the rules.. Got little carried away by our leads:P

2 hours ago, maniac1 said:

I did notice that, it was so cute! And him not telling her she looked good even though his eyes were screaming it was a lovely touch on all fronts: writing, directing and acting. Of course he thinks she’s beautiful, he loves her. But he also knows that she has a lot of hang-ups about appearances and even pointing out when she looks “better than normal” creates a precedent where sometimes she looks “worse than normal.” 

He even does this when she’s not around, being careful to avoid discussion of her looks. Like when his friend asked if she was pretty or ugly, and he said she was just herself. It may be an unrealistic goal to set (to completely surpass societal expectations about appearances) but it’s an important once to strive for nonetheless.

2 hours ago, maniac1 said:

I interpreted it as both of them actually saying the moment they realized they liked each other, rather than the moment they actually started. Mi Rae learning that Kyung Seok never made fun of her merely gave her permission to like him, but she already seemed drawn to him before that.

Similarly, Kyung Seok remembered Mi Rae because of her dance, and he noticed her from the moment she said her name. So clearly her middle school self had a huge effect on him and he may have had a crush on her since then. It was just that he didn't realize what he was feeling until CW's behavior made him furious. If it had just been her looks, he would have been swayed by any number of pretty girls - and remember that Woo Jin specifically said KS didn't like pretty girls. (And if he was drawn to girls in need of protection, again, there are plenty of girls he could have fallen for along the way.)

Archived