[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

2 hours ago, shunnie said:

When he stared at her before the back hug, I thought they were going for a kiss scene! But I’m glad they didn’t.

MR & KS are two very reserved characters who have no prior experience in dating and everything is a first for them, so it’s more realistic & truer to their characters that they’re taking small steps in their relationship.

There are a lot of ways to show their love and affection without a kiss, and even if they just give us more sweet moments like those handholding and that back hug.. I won’t even complain even if they don’t kiss :) I mean, they already give us more of these moments compared to the webtoon.

But I think they will follow the webtoon for their first kiss scene, and I’d love that. MR teased him so much before the first kiss in the webtoon! :D 

Gosh.. same here even if they dont have a kiss scene, I am just more than happy with those handholding and back hub, it's been too much for me already hahaha...but of course I am wishing that they follow the webtoon and that kiss...that will be my death hahaha.  

I just love this show, the best drama this year for me...heartwarming, heart melting, heart fluttering...

7 hours ago, kangminjae said:

The progression of their skinship is perfect considering it’s their first relationship, and I’m impressed that the director and actors have really made each moment feel magical instead of overly dramatic or cheesy. I’m really transported back to my first romance, lol.

yeah every skin ship here are magical..like I am being nostalgic of my first love hahaha...

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kangminjae said:

Speaking of the webtoon, I find it interesting that they are putting some of SA’s flashbacks (like the other relationship she broke up) in the present rather than in the past. Makes me wonder how much of her backstory we will actually get... I have to admit I found her flashbacks the mos. unrealistic part of the comic, so I don’t mind them changing it. The idea can be similar, but the way the webtoon did it was too extreme imo.

I agree about her backstory being a bit unrealistic in the webtoon. I also think they will probably tone it down, as they have toned down some of the dramatic/extreme scenes from the webtoon too. The webtoon took 3 chapters to tell her backstory.. But I think 5-7 mins of screen time should be enough for the drama.

Here are some translations of K-netz comments on the this ep.  I also  can't believe there's only 2 episodes of this sweetness! :( They still need to resolve SA's and KS's dad subplots too.. I guess the spin-off won't be included in the drama.

Source:

http://melohwa.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-id-is-gangnam-beauty-ep-14-cha-eun.html

[My ID is Gangnam Beauty] Ep 14 Cha Eun Woo gives Im Soo Hyang a back huggangnam.png

Article: Naver 'My ID is Gangnam Beauty' Cha Eun Woo gives Im Soo Hyang a back hug, "But now, I like it"

• Hyun Soo Ah (Jo Woo Ri) finds out that someone is secretly taking pictures of her legs and her skirt and is disturbed by the fact. 
  • Kyung Seok's mother, Na Hye Sung (Park Joo Mi) realizes that they are dating and supports them. 
  • Mi Rae (Im Soo Hyang) suggests going to her house to have a date with Kyung Seok (Cha Eun Woo). 

1. [+767,-7]
I'm just happy seeing the two of you together... It's my pleasure in life....

2. [+347,-26]
When he said he wanted to go somewhere for a bit, I thought he went to the convenience store to buy a CD ㅋㅋ Ahㅋㅋ the ahjumma who's not innocent is sad. 

3. [+308,-4]
Im Soo Hyang is enjoying acting in this.

4. [+211,-5]
It would be more humane if they extend this drama... To think that this sweetness will end in 2 more episodes..

5. [+174,-2]
Wow... Cha Eun Woo... is crazy. I like him so much.

6. [+117,-5]
Cha Eun Woo is more handsome than the generation of good-looking guys with Kim Soo Hyun and Lee Jong Seok. I think his appearance is comparable to that generation of good-looking guys with Won Bin and Kang Dong Won.

7. [+58,-0]
He's the most handsome person I've seen all my life. At times he looked like CG. Why does his voice sound so good. Just be good at one thing. His acting is good too.

8. [+69,-0]
When she suggested to go home, 'amazing~~' that sound, what was that ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

beauty14.png

Article: Naver 'My ID is Gangnam Beauty' Cha Eun Woo ♥️ Im Soo Hyang, Cha Eun Woo confesses to Kwak Dong Yeon about the secretly dating

1. [+151,-0]
Woo Young sunbae and Kyung Seok's mother realized that the two are dating. ㅋㅋ They are cool for supporting them.

2. [+56,-0]
The actors in this drama did well, that it made me like them. Including psychopath Hyun Soo Ah and her friends.. Although I hate them in the show..

3. [+35,-0]
I didn't have high expectations, but it's a charismatic drama.

4. [+36,-2]
Romance with Cha Eun Woo.. So envious of Im Soo Hyang...  no previews again... To think that next week's the last episode..

5. [+21,-0]
Cha Eun Woo, Kwak Dong Yeon, they're all so cool. ㅠㅠ

6. [+16,-0]
Looks like Cha Eun Woo is expressing Do Kyung Seok's character in his own way. I really liked the way he whispered his lines.

7. [+12,-0]
In reality, a person like Woo Young is rare. No, there's none. People are always putting their feelings first, but a guy who thinks of the other party's feelings first.. Woo Young is really a cool guy.

8. [+10,-1]
Im Soo Hyang's acting is really good.

10 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I dont mind if they have a kiss scene but a peck or cheek kiss would suit their characters i think. 

Like it would be funny if MR kisses his cheek then he tries to kiss her and she teases him ;p 

Hahaha first I demanded they kiss.. Kiss.. But now I m more than satisfied with this little skinships.. Actually the little skinships have made me go breathless.. 

If they do the scene as u described then it will surely kill me!! 

44 minutes ago, mizuharaaya13 said:

What other relationship she broke up? i thought its in the present in webtoon?

Anyway, i can understand that the rating didnt go up compared last week, there are not much happening today compared last week (confession) dan yesterday (officially became couple). Next week surely will be bigger

I’m pretty sure that the webtoon had her thinking back to the girl whose face she didn’t remember, and then how another girl got PS and became “prettier” so she made the boyfriend leave him. And that’s when no-face girl told her she must not want friends. If that happened in the present and not a flashback then I was very confused during her story... Perhaps because I didn’t care about her. :lol:

15 minutes ago, kangminjae said:

I’m pretty sure that the webtoon had her thinking back to the girl whose face she didn’t remember, and then how another girl got PS and became “prettier” so she made the boyfriend leave him. And that’s when no-face girl told her she must not want friends. If that happened in the present and not a flashback then I was very confused during her story... Perhaps because I didn’t care about her. :lol:

Thats in the flashback (if i remember right, maybe i need to re-read it), but there are no such scene on this episode i think?

Just now, mizuharaaya13 said:

Thats in the flashback (if i remember right, maybe i need to re-read it), but there are no such scene on this episode i think?

Soo Ah breaking up Tae Hee and Tae Young and Eun trying to warn her about it are what I was referring to. It felt like it was meant to replace that part of the flashbacks.

That article with the comments @shunnie posted comment number 8

8. [+69,-0]
When she suggested to go home, 'amazing~~' that sound, what was that ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

No that was not me! lol :   but I said a similar thing when the show was airing in this forum!:lol:

Also I was thinking like comment number 2 , like that ahjumma thought buy a CD at convenience store!!! LOL!

Also their eyes were talking to each other  before this scene happened suggest some kind of silent conversation going between them after Mirae said HyeJung had left to spend time with her parents.

I need to make a gif out of that eye contact moment!!!

CQBU40p.gif

----------

That staring at her and how that back hug happened was like they were dancing. Now I'm curious to know if they will give us a behind the scene video of this event!:w00t:

hqd3Dya

Spoiler

Sorry I glanced at Mr' Cha's butt!!:lol:

Is it Friday yet? LOL! 

Spoiler

The instagram that was posted by @kangminjae if I’m not mistaken probably when DKS worked in a coffee shop or something then a lot of girls went to earlt there because of him in the webtoon. But if I rememeber it correctly that was part of the spin-off story. So does that mean some parts from the spin-off will be included in the drama version? 

I rewatched last night’s episode with sub and it still gave me heart attack experience. So many scenes which I really liked.

1. Seeing DKS’ protesting face during lunch when MR secretly gesturing to him to sit beside JH

2. When the coolest mom ever caught them.

3. During the bus ride when DKS disn’t want to let go of her hand to answer the phone.

4. The look on his face when he found out when she started liking him.

and the best among the best

5. The sweet, innocent and very loving BACKHUG!

What else can I ask for? I know we are all dying for that Kiss scene but imo that unexpected backhug was enough for now. Since they are taking baby steps in their budding relationship. They are so adorably cute couple. Brings me back to my college days! :D 

12 minutes ago, kangminjae said:

Filming? B)

Omo.. Honestly I'm getting kind of sad thinking that these are the last few scenes that they are filming now.. I'm not ready to say goodbye!! :tears: Withdrawal symptoms already showing before it even happens! T_T

This drama has been amazing so far. I'm so happy I decided to watch it. I've watched several of ISH's dramas so when I heard she was in this one, I instantly added it to my to watch list. Now, discovering CEW was a massive bonus of course! I'm so proud of him and his first drama as a male lead. I know it has helped his group gain a ton of popularity as well.. (I was looking at tickets to the K-Expo in New York, where the tier 1 and 2 tickets let you have group photos/hi-touch with your chosen group, and ASTRO is the only one that is all sold out!).

Next week will be bittersweet for us!! I'll be ready to rewatch episodes (I'll use it as an excuse to learn more Korean hehe. Perfect because I'm going to Seoul next month!). I kind of hope I don't see any fancam spoilers for the kiss scene. I kind of want to not know when to expect it because if I knew it was coming up based on their outfits or the location they're in, my heart is gonna explode before it even happens!! (I know, can be hard if they're following the webtoon)

I wonder how many viewers had a trip down memory lane when Mi Rae invited Kyung Seok to her place and all the hiccups that followed including the anxiety Mi Rae was feeling when trying to get her parents out of the way as soon as possible. :lol: And of course Kyung Seok waiting in the park for the text announcing that the parents finally left while the clock was ticking away the precious time. So exhilarating. 

I hope Mi Rae and Kyung Seok will become braver soon and date freely. Hiding seems too stressful and the beginning of their romantic relationship should be one of the most exciting and enjoyable phase even if a little awkward. I’m looking forward to more of their time together.

2 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I wonder how many viewers had a trip down memory lane when Mi Rae invited Kyung Seok to her place and all the hiccups that followed including the anxiety Mi Rae was feeling when trying to get her parents out of the way as soon as possible. :lol: And of course Kyung Seok waiting in the park for the text announcing that the parents finally left while the clock was ticking away the precious time. So exhilarating. 

I hope Mi Rae and Kyung Seok will become braver soon and date freely. Hiding seems too stressful and the beginning of their romantic relationship should be one of the most exciting and enjoyable phase even if a little awkward. I’m looking forward to more of their time together.

Actually in the webtoon, their secret dating lasted about...less than 2 days....hahaha...Eun Unnie was close to both and she found out about them first on the day after Mirae's confession. The next day, when they went to school together, some friends made a remark that they look close so  Mirae blurted out impulsively that they were dating in front of all people (including SA). I like that the drama extended their secret for  a little bit so we were given the chance of seeing how funny, cute and ridiculous they were at the attempt of keeping the secret - them wearing the mask, secret texting while having lesson, handholding during bus ride and the Mirae-the-spy scene (this was in the webtoon). One scene in the webtoon that I really want them to do in the drama is how MR 's mother found out about her having KS as a boyfriend. The mother was 200% supportive and I hope they follow the webtoon in this part. Hope they let MR's father as well in the scene so we will gonna see how he react to the news because he has been rooting for KS since the first day they met at the part-time job store.

1 hour ago, volturi987 said:

If the waiter is this handsome for sure the shop will earn a lot.

Kyaaaaaa!!! The spin off scene.

Spoiler

Some girls are fangirling him while he was working and Mirae told him to not paid any attention to her (MR was waiting for him to finish his shift) because it might affect his work. He asked if he should quit. MIrae said the cafe wont let him quit because his good look will definitely help the cafe's sale. She even suggested KS to negotiate his pay ( ie increase his pay because he's bringing in customer..lol Mirae) and also babbled about she's happy that his boyfriend was so popular. However, KS said what he saw in her eyes was different from what her mouth was saying  (Mirae was jealous!) ..haha

3 hours ago, susieunnie said:

Omo.. Honestly I'm getting kind of sad thinking that these are the last few scenes that they are filming now.. I'm not ready to say goodbye!! :tears: Withdrawal symptoms already showing before it even happens! T_T

This drama has been amazing so far. I'm so happy I decided to watch it. I've watched several of ISH's dramas so when I heard she was in this one, I instantly added it to my to watch list. Now, discovering CEW was a massive bonus of course! I'm so proud of him and his first drama as a male lead. I know it has helped his group gain a ton of popularity as well.. (I was looking at tickets to the K-Expo in New York, where the tier 1 and 2 tickets let you have group photos/hi-touch with your chosen group, and ASTRO is the only one that is all sold out!).

Next week will be bittersweet for us!! I'll be ready to rewatch episodes (I'll use it as an excuse to learn more Korean hehe. Perfect because I'm going to Seoul next month!). I kind of hope I don't see any fancam spoilers for the kiss scene. I kind of want to not know when to expect it because if I knew it was coming up based on their outfits or the location they're in, my heart is gonna explode before it even happens!! (I know, can be hard if they're following the webtoon)

We're all not ready to let go and say our goodbyes. Wished it could've been a 20 episode drama, so we get more time of our OTP dating and being together. 

I hope there will be fancam this week on the kiss scene, too. We've waited long enough. Spoil it for us. :lol:

There's still a lot of scenes of DKS and KMR dating that we haven't seen. So hopefully the last two episodes we get to see them a lot.

23 minutes ago, Igotcaughtdancingagain said:

GOSH CEW's side profile is the BEST, PERFECT, and the most beautiful I guess.  he is incredibly handsome, surely once he reached 25-35 yo, he'll gonna slay the drama, movie, CF, modelling, kpop industry!  I will be watching all his future projects.

I actually cannot choose which is his best profile. Anyside you look at him I feel like he was computer generated. Hahaha

I remembered seeing him in Law of the Jungle “New Caledonia episodes” he was handsome even he just woke up, came out from the water. That was the show where you can see the celebrities with the very least or no makeup at all. That’s where I learned that a guy this handome exist in real life. I even googled if he had plastic surgery rumors and saw several of his childhood pictures which proved that he was just really blessed with an unbelievable visual. If I will quote my brother “there is nothing you can throw from his looks to his brain, he’s even good in some sports.” Well he’s still human because he needs to exert some efforts with his dancing. 

Archived