[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

This drama is beau.

I was so happy MR stood up to her antagonist.

And it seems like everybody is now about to know the real SA.

I love the awkward confession and what follows.

I always believe that what makes a good drama are great acting,chemistry and good script.  Even without the kiss, I'm very satisfied with their love line. I don't actually live for a kiss in dramas. The built up tensions before that is what I usually cherish and I will say that these two gave me what I wanted 100%.

ISH can have chemistry with a dog. One will actually think she is this awkward in real life.

And CEW should receive an award for his performance. He is very good and so believable.

I felt so bad for Young. Wish he will pause a bit and see that a pretty damsel has been dying for him since and the signs has been there for long had he not been blinded by MR's beauty. 

One of the best dramas of 2018. I recommend it for those still doubting.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im Soo Hyang And ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo Secretly Date In “My ID Is Gangnam Beauty”

Im Soo Hyang And ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo Secretly Date In “My ID Is Gangnam Beauty”

Sep 8, 2018
by yshin

Im Soo Hyang and ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo are dating undercover in “My ID is Gangnam Beauty”!

On September 8, JTBC’s “My ID is Gangnam Beauty” released preview still cuts of the couple.

In Episode 13, Mi Rae (played by Im Soo Hyang) and Kyung Suk (played by ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo) were able to develop their relationship from friends to lovers. After meeting again on campus after being middle school classmates, Kyung Suk confessed, “We can’t stay friends any more,” to which Mi Rae replied, “I like you.” 

Cha-Eun-Woo-7.jpg

In one released photo, Cha Eun Woo goes to the convenience store himself to buy masks. Previously, Mi Rae had confessed that she felt burdened by dating Kyung Suk because he would be called “the gorgeous boy dating the ‘Gangnam Beauty.'” She told Kyung Suk that her life would become difficult if they publicly dated. Although Kyung Suk had confidently told Soo Ah that the two were indeed dating when asked, Mi Rae still felt nervous about the rumors that would spread around school. Because of that, it may the reason as to why the two go on a date with masks on. Kyung Suk tries to help Mi Rae despite her nervous feelings.

A source from the drama stated, “In the 14th episode of ‘My ID is Gangnam Beauty,’ the Do-Rae couple will have a fresh and sweet relationship. Although Mi Rae hasn’t been able to completely overcome her appearance trauma, we are planning to greet our audience with the romantic campus life of Mi Rae, who is gradually showing growth, and Kyung Suk, who is considerate of her.”

“My ID is Gangnam Beauty” airs on Fridays and Saturdays at 11 p.m. KST.

Source (1)
Soompi

19 hours ago, alekaonu said:

Annyeong everyone :)

Are you all ready for today's episode? Let's hope MR and KS start to date in this episode so we don't have to wait for tomorrow.

@ohoheli dongseng, odi? Are you here with us? Chingu deul are you all here? @Mau_Cherry @nonski @Moody

@alekaonu mianhe noon and chingus.. i was out last night due to watching Along with the Gods 2!!! hahaha. I might not be able to join tonight as well. heads-up. 

@Wotad @philosophie @icyphoenix What I liked the most (apart from the OTP scenes) was when KMR said that SA had showed her true self. Striking is that KMR was referring to SA's true feelings and real personality:

- Her jealousy, anger and even resent towards KMR

- She is quite vicious and selfish

However, SA understood her words differently as we were shown a flashback, when SA was checking the toilets in order not to get caught as she was about to force herself to vomit. This scene was used to reveal what SA was really thinking. SA thought that KMR was again referring to her image as a beauty. She uses tricks (not putting on weight aso) hence her beauty is not really natural. She didn't realize that KMR was reproaching her that she was not a nice person: lying, manipulating, using others aso. SA can not see herself beyond her appearances. DKS is right: she is mentally ill.

Striking is that SA made a mistake, when she confessed publicly that she liked DKS. She thought, this would put a bigger distance between KMR and DKS, as our protagonist wouldn't even dare to date DKS who turned down SA. She would be compared to SA and people would wonder why DKS would date such a girl. She knows that some men can be easily manipulated (CW, TY and the terrible classmate from the middle-school). To conclude, even if SA can not date DKS, KMR will feel burdened and will still keep her distance from DKS. However, what she didn't realize is that the moment she announced it, she can no longer use the same strategy than before: tempting them that she might start liking them. For her, it is no longer possible to keep the other guys around her. WH realized that he had been played all long. Then CW will also hear from the others that SA likes DKS. Yet she declared that she liked him in the beginning. TY who dumped TH because he felt burdened by dating a girl that didn't fit to the description of a beautiful girl... will realize that he had been played too.   

@bebebisous33 Her only strength or support were her fanboys who kept fanning her hoping that she would love them back one day.. She thought of them just as play materials to use n throw at her benefit.. She forgot that they r same humans like she is, they can have the same destructive thoughts like her.. The biggest wrong move if her was telling everyone that she likes DKS, she thought it would pressurize MR n MR would never accept her love for DKS n DKS wouldn't date her n hence even if DKS doesn't see her, she can manipulate ppl in thinking that DKS is single n so is her n they can be couple anytime, hence the spotlight being on her side!.. But bam! MR forgot her fears n stepped up into a relationship for herself n DKS!.. Now, with all options gone,  SA would think of destroying MR but it will backfire as she has no-one in her side truly.. To keep the boys attention, she bought the envy of girls n by taking away their love, she broke their trust.. Finally the boys whose attention she seeks will destroy her n nail her coffin!! It's completely an end to her manipulations.. She is just a psychopath as DKS said!! 

I just love our OTP who r strong enough not to fall for manipulations of SA!! 

7 hours ago, icyphoenix said:

I too hope they wrap SA up in next episode.. I don't want to see her in last episodes.. She leaves a bad taste in my mouth.. Well I hope last episodes r filled with OTP moments.. 

I hope they won’t put so much airtime on SA’s backstory. Honestly, whatever her story is it’s too hard to redeem her evilness at this point. So just put more airtime to the adorable OTP. :D 

This is going all the way back to episode 5 but the song has been stuck in my head and I don't know what it is :cold_sweat:

Does anyone know what song is playing in the background/over the radio in Episode 5 (around 16:51 mins) when Mirae and KyungSuk are having drinks together? Bit more detail in spoiler tag just in case anyone is late to the party like me...

Spoiler

after their exam and are discussing Mirae's misunderstanding of KyungSuk sneering at her dancing at the bus stop when in middle school?

13 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Awwwwwww, again it dropped!!!!!:confused:

Ratings 180907: #MyIDisGangnamBeauty : 4.8%/ 5.5% for Seoul

The speculation @ dc gall is that he  is next to a bag which has a present and a box with cake, so its his birthday.

So, what he is  expecting as a gift when  he is in  her room:kiss_wink:

dc gall

I really don't care about Ratings.

I have to say something about this Drama and about another Drama i saw this year,  an maybe some of you won't be agree with me cause maybe many of you watched that Drama.

1- I didn't know this actress and the actor before this and i have to say that they have gained a new fan. I really like them. I think Idols-actors almost never do well, i know many idols girls and boys attempting to act but they are really bad,  and i can't  understand how they get good ratings for their Dramas. I think only few of them are doing well.

I love this Drama so much because of the message it's sending to Young people and there are some topics that are tabu in some societies .  From now on i will be watching him.

2- I just watched a Drama that was based in a webtom . I love that actor and that actress too, i really love her  but i was not satisfied with the Drama and with her performance. There was not surprises, every episode was the same, even i got bored on the episode 10. They are very popular actors so people love them and watch whatever they do. That man is so handsome and hot, she is beautiful too,  it was only a pair o people that are very good-looking hanging around in a romantic way. but that Drama did no have any other sense, nothing to be thinking about or to be analyzed.

What i mean is that many good Dramas don't get the Ranting that  they deserved. Many  Dramas gets high Ranting because how luxurious, popular and good-looking the main cast is. 

Only my opinion, i hope i haven't offended someone here.

:)

sorry it's all in korean. I just wanted to post the original tweet.

The first one seems to be a food truck for him.

The next one is kinda self explanatory with the name tag on the chair saying Mr.Cha. is Mister Cha short for Mister Charming! sorry for my bad pun. Maybe I should check if he has an individual thread for acting.:D

@camichi I have to agree with you.. Sometimes the grandeur of actors n experienced production n etc etc  fails to do it which a simple good outgoing story n good simplistic actors so for us.. I mostly prefer to watch dramas based on acting much.. Even if the storyline is great but acting sucks, I quit the show!! Coz how much great the storyline is, the acting should show it or else it's a waste!! But yes the preference of ppl may differ!! I have watched very less drama fully this yr, I don't know but I quit it half a way!!.. But this drama is making me stick to it like a glue till the ending!! 

P. S. The ratings for this drama is good despite of the strong competition!! Plus the popularity of this drama is very high!! 

14 hours ago, camichi said:

I really don't care about Ratings.

I have to say something about this Drama and about another Drama i saw this year,  an maybe some of you won't be agree with me cause maybe many of you watched that Drama.

1- I didn't know this actress and the actor before this and i have to say that they have gained a new fan. I really like them. I think Idols-actors almost never do well, i know many idols girls and boys attempting to act but they are really bad,  and i can't  understand how they get good ratings for their Dramas. I think only few of them are doing well.

I love this Drama so much because of the message it's sending to Young people and there are some topics that are tabu in some societies .  From now on i will be watching him.

2- I just watched a Drama that was based in a webtom . I love that actor and that actress too, i really love her  but i was not satisfied with the Drama and with her performance. There was not surprises, every episode was the same, even i got bored on the episode 10. They are very popular actors so people love them and watch whatever they do. That man is so handsome and hot, she is beautiful too,  it was only a pair o people that are very good-looking hanging around in a romantic way. but that Drama did no have any other sense, nothing to be thinking about or to be analyzed.

What i mean is that many good Dramas don't get the Ranting that  they deserved. Many  Dramas gets high Ranting because how luxurious, popular and good-looking the main cast is. 

Only my opinion, i hope i haven't offended someone here.

Agree with you. I've been dropping dramas left and right for sometime now. Thank God Gangnam Beauty is great enough to make me hooked. And I dont usually watched rookie idol-actor or college setting dramas. 

In my country is Saturday morning so i hope that all of those that were posting the videos here and let me know how the ep.13 was going,  i want to thank you. I hope you post here ep 14 videos too, please, don't forget about who can't watch in lively. Sorry my English  is a mess

I am going to buy the grocery now. 

9 hours ago, philosophie said:

MR standing up to SA and saying she’s dating KS was a big proof to showing MRs development as a character. Already we’ve seen her stop the tendency of ‘grading’ faces but now watching her stand up for herself is a huge step in the right direction. I can’t wait to se her full evolution next week during the finale. And random but I was not expecting the twist of SAs eating disorder. 

someone who only cares about visuals and who thinks shes better then everyone has a eating disorder?

Im so surprised *roll eyes*

5 hours ago, darr said:

This drama is beau.

I was so happy MR stood up to her antagonist.

And it seems like everybody is now about to know the real SA.

I love the awkward confession and what follows.

I always believe that what makes a good drama are great acting,chemistry and good script.  Even without the kiss, I'm very satisfied with their love line. I don't actually live for a kiss in dramas. The built up tensions before that is what I usually cherish and I will say that these two gave me what I wanted 100%.

ISH can have chemistry with a dog. One will actually think she is this awkward in real life.

And CEW should receive an award for his performance. He is very good and so believable.

I felt so bad for Young. Wish he will pause a bit and see that a pretty damsel has been dying for him since and the signs has been there for long had he not been blinded by MR's beauty. 

One of the best dramas of 2018. I recommend it for those still doubting.

I dont live for a kiss either but i do want it to happen because it will be their first kiss, first everything i suppose like 17 but 30 ;p

I love to see the awkwardness and embarrassment and first love develop on screen. 

I think if WY just turned to another girl i would be annoyed so because he didnt get the girl he likes he just accepts another girl? eh dont care for that storyline. 

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@Wotad @philosophie @icyphoenix What I liked the most (apart from the OTP scenes) was when KMR said that SA had showed her true self. Striking is that KMR was referring to SA's true feelings and real personality:

- Her jealousy, anger and even resent towards KMR

- She is quite vicious and selfish

However, SA understood her words differently as we were shown a flashback, when SA was checking the toilets in order not to get caught as she was about to force herself to vomit. This scene was used to reveal what SA was really thinking. SA thought that KMR was again referring to her image as a beauty. She uses tricks (not putting on weight aso) hence her beauty is not really natural. She didn't realize that KMR was reproaching her that she was not a nice person: lying, manipulating, using others aso. SA can not see herself beyond her appearances. DKS is right: she is mentally ill.

I think we all know that she is mentally ill and yeah i feel bad for her but still does not get away with what a vile person she is.

It annoy's me that people would even think why would KS date MR like MR is some vile being and totally awful and no-one should date.. its obvious who has the better personality and their visuals are close?

2 hours ago, icyphoenix said:

@bebebisous33 Her only strength or support were her fanboys who kept fanning her hoping that she would love them back one day.. She thought of them just as play materials to use n throw at her benefit.. She forgot that they r same humans like she is, they can have the same destructive thoughts like her.. The biggest wrong move if her was telling everyone that she likes DKS, she thought it would pressurize MR n MR would never accept her love for DKS n DKS wouldn't date her n hence even if DKS doesn't see her, she can manipulate ppl in thinking that DKS is single n so is her n they can be couple anytime, hence the spotlight being on her side!.. But bam! MR forgot her fears n stepped up into a relationship for herself n DKS!.. Now, with all options gone,  SA would think of destroying MR but it will backfire as she has no-one in her side truly.. To keep the boys attention, she bought the envy of girls n by taking away their love, she broke their trust.. Finally the boys whose attention she seeks will destroy her n nail her coffin!! It's completely an end to her manipulations.. She is just a psychopath as DKS said!! 

I just love our OTP who r strong enough not to fall for manipulations of SA!! 

All the fanboys and guys who like her fugging annoy me could they be anymore dense.. all she is is good looking she has the personality of a damn concubine.

If this was happening around me im a guy but i would just be rolling my eyes so hard.. its so damn obvious SA is playing all you stupid idiot's

1 hour ago, kodomonojikan said:

Another FMV of our couple. I like how they put together all the scenes where they’re aware of each other’s presence and just want to look at each other. 

Love this video mostly due to the song fitting this drama so well its the best OST for this drama tbh.

1 hour ago, princess16 said:

My sweet hero Do Kyung Seok:wub:

oh god not that song kill me now. 

58 minutes ago, camichi said:

Yep ive become a fan of them both as well they are really good excited to see the start for Chae Eun Woo.

Talking about Taboo's this drama just makes me want Korea to make a gay storyline drama as pure and real as this show.. 

What drama are you talking about in 2.

48 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

@camichi I have to agree with you.. Sometimes the grandeur of actors n experienced production n etc etc  fails to do it which a simple good outgoing story n good simplistic actors so for us.. I mostly prefer to watch dramas based on acting much.. Even if the storyline is great but acting sucks, I quit the show!! Coz how much great the storyline is, the acting should show it or else it's a waste!! But yes the preference of ppl may differ!! I have watched very less drama fully this yr, I don't know but I quit it half a way!!.. But this drama is making me stick to it like a glue till the ending!! 

P. S. The ratings for this drama is good despite of the strong competition!! Plus the popularity of this drama is very high!! 

Good actors can carry bad shows even if the storyline is bad but if the actors suck and the storyline is good ill drop that show instantly.

Look at Princess Agents not sure if any of you watched but the storyline was a disaster but the actors carried the show damn hard. 

Archived