If a member sends a message to you and they delete their account, is that message deleted too?

Konoha_RockLee

Question

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Konoha_RockLee said:

If a member sends a message to you and they delete their account, is that message deleted too?

Also if they delete their account do their public posts show up as Guest?

Yes, I believe so.

On 25-5-2018 at 8:49 AM, ebullient said:

Yes, I believe so.

Yup, the PM's are deleted, as are their public posts. Those do not show up as "Guest" posts. 

The "Guest" posts are an error in the database. In one upgrade of the forum, it was possible to post as "Guest", whithout logging in. As we don't want that option, it has been disabled, though it sometimes seems to reappear for unknown reason. When we do notice "Guest" posts, we remove them. People can either create an account and login to post, or simply not participate. It's a choice to make and since we don't do anything with your useraccount (some sites sell accountdata to other companies, we don't), it's a rather simple choice I guess :) 

On 8/22/2018 at 4:26 AM, stuartjmz said:

How does one delete an account here? I've been searching for it, can't find it. 

mail to help @ soompi.com and ask them to delete your account. They're able to do it, though I wouldn't know why you would want to leave this awesome place :) 

Archived