[Drama 2018] Hide and Seek, 숨바꼭질

0ly40

I'll admit that I'm not following the show anymore, just this thread.  But based on those photos that @phetbeo posted, where is this drama going?  Seriously?   Now they're all decked out in swat gear?  Bc putting a black cap on someone of MCR's stature, will magically make her blend in?  I can't even anymore with where this drama is going.

Any word yet on who MCR's father is?  I am still partly hoping that it's Secretary Ears bc that's all that is missing from this drama.  But, that seems to be the one place that this drama writer is not going.  Not sure why, since she threw in everything else.  Honestly, I feel bad for all the actors.  I'm sure they entered this thinking it would be a good thriller or drama or something, only to end up with this .  I think the only other time I felt that a drama went this off the rails was with Princess Aurora.  Man, was that a trainwreck.  At least this one is ending sooner.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

Now they're all decked out in swat gear?  Bc putting a black cap on someone of MCR's stature, will magically make her blend in? 

:lol: I just hope they don't have guns!  That's the only way this "drama" could possibly get worse.

1 hour ago, thistle said:

:lol: I just hope they don't have guns!  That's the only way this "drama" could possibly get worse.

They may need all the fire power to capture three old women, the dopey mother, the vengeful servant and the monster grandmother.

Swat gear indeed! This must be an act of desperation from the writer and director to salvage the show. I can only think of one possibility, i.e. Ms. Kim has gone cuckoo and is holding everyone in the mansion trapped, with a bomb.

But will CR and EH be expected to rescue them? Korea's swat team is on early Xmas holiday?:anguished:

I am so glad we only have two more hours of it.

I am so good at picking bad shows, I amaze myself.

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Hide and Seek, 숨바꼭질- Saturdays @ 20:45 KST - FINALE tonight
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2018] Hide and Seek, 숨바꼭질

Sorry for the late response been busy with work and also had to attend a few weddings along the way as well. But still I felt that I had to comment since this show is about to end and all.

But before I get into all that I wanted to thank @triplem and @Lmangla for further clarifying the rules regarding quoting pictures and all as well as regarding double posts etc..

@Jillia I have to disagree with you in regards to you and the other moderators not being Party Poopers and all. You are far worse than that. All of you are nothing short of Dictators :D who want to prevent our Freedom Of Speech and Thought. How Dare You. :lol: (Just in case you didn’t get it I was only joking in regards to this) but on a more serious thought I have never thought any of you moderators were Party Poopers and all and if any of my posts indicated that I want to apologize in regards to that. Also thanks for explaining the matter regarding Double Posts as well. It explains why no one warned me in regards to me recapping a few episodes of Love To The End to keep the thread alive till other people joined it and I was the only one posting in it. Oh and perhaps Jillian is your evil Doppleganger who is a Party Pooper while you are the cool moderator and the original. :grin:

Spoiler

@thistlethanks for even reading part of my comment. Don’t worry about me being influenced by others. I either enjoy a show because it is good or perhaps for some other reason perhaps the show may not be good but the acting makes up for it. Basically it has to be in my taste. Such as I stopped watching a drama after the first 15-30 minutes because I couldn’t stand one of the characters in it. Come to think of it was Evil Granny. Just when I was getting used to her to play nice grandmother roles she reverts back to her Evil Self. Regardless other people enjoyed the show but it just wasn’t for me. The only reason I might be willing to stick with a bad drama is if I have invested to much time in it and perhaps it is about to end in a few episodes or so. In this case we just have two more episodes remaining so it makes little to no sense for me to drop it at this point. So it would be safe to let me in on who doesn’t enjoy their role in this drama.

Though to be clear I am still enjoying this drama because while it has many similarities to other drama it is still different at the same time as well. Since I have already mentioned those points in prior posts I won’t go into said details in this post. Anyway let’s get back to the drama itself.

First of all, let’s start with the reveal that Secretary Kim turned out to be Chae Rin’s Bio Mother. How could none of us see that coming. :D Again I am joking since some of the people clearly speculated that. So congratulations on them. Regardless that reveal in itself wasn’t all that shocking but the fact that Evil Granny did the same thing to her when she was a child to heal her own daughter who was sick as well. I’m guessing the reveal was made so that we feel more sympathetic for her character and perhaps even root for her to achieve her revenge. Unfortunately, the reveal come too late for us to do so. Even then she still wouldn’t win Mother of The Year Award in my books. For starters she made her daughter suffer the same fate as did when she was young. Others have commented on this very fact. Granted it was slightly different in her case as she had nobody but her daughter atleast had her mother close by. But that was her being selfish because she really didn’t really use that. For instance, she saw all the suffering that her daughter went through and she could have easily prevented some of it to an extent. For instance, she should have been able to tell that her daughters greatest fear must have been abandonment issues due to her adoptions getting cancelled or her being an orphan itself. In other words, she wanted to be accepted for who she was. This could have easily been arranged if Secretary Kim had revealed to her in confidence that she was her mother but to keep this fact as a secret from the rest of the family. This would have not only helped her discover her roots but also reassured her that she wasn’t alone in that cold house and that someone was atleast on her side. Instead the most that Sec. Kim did was to try and copy one of those fortune tellers and give her vague advice on how to proceed. Like that was really helpful.

Though what was surprising in the latest episodes was the reveal that Creepy Shaman was working with Sec. Kim. I so did not see that coming. It seems like everyone was just waiting to backstab Evil Granny. One could say that was Karma waiting to strike back at her and all. But while it was certainly surprising it also totally came out of the blue. For instance, some things made sense such as the who could have been responsible for abducting Jo Pill Do. Even without the reveal that Sec. Kim was Chae RIn’s Bio Mother at that point. For instance, let’s look at the facts of the event itself. One had to ask who would gain the most from his abduction and why. The answer to that would have to be Chae Rin because she would have to probably leave the house (something that did happen eventually though for slightly different reasons and all). So it would have been in her best interest to not let that meeting occur. Eun Hyuk was on her side so he could also have been a person to do so. But then suddenly he gets abducted and the most likely suspects have literally no idea of who could have been responsible since they weren’t involved in this at all. Sure Eun Hyuk could have been the one that might have been responsible and could have been concealing this fact from Chae Rin but the chances seemed to be slim from his further actions and all. This meant that another party had to have been involved. We then have to note the timing of his abduction. It came at the time when he wanted to reveal the real daughter. Now one could say that it was purely by chance that he had the bad luck of getting abducted that day. Perhaps it was by people who he owed some money such as he didn’t pay back a loan shark and they wanted to collect on his debt or it was to prevent him from revealing what he knew. Now the former does make some sense and all but the question we then had to ask was why did they take so long to find him. He was clearly out of jail for some time and it would make sense for the loan sharks to have been on top of him the moment he got released unless he got out early on good behavior or something. But even if this was the case then the first thing that they would have done was inform him of the reason why they were taking him like that and he could have tried to explain to them that he would soon get his hands on their money and pay them back. Whether or not they believed him would have been another story but since that didn’t happen we could easily assume that it was the other reason why he was getting kidnapped. This also leads us to another clue of who could have been responsible. This then leads us to know who could have known the fact that he was going to introduce the real daughter and when that would happen. The answer to that question would have been the main leads and Evil Granny and Sec. Kim. Clearly Evil Granny could have been eliminated from this list as she really wanted to reunite with her daughter that she was even willing to trust the kidnapper to bring her granddaughter to her. This then left the remaining three people. But like I mentioned Chae Rin and Eun Hyuk had no idea of why Jo Pill Do didn’t show up for the meeting and they were the ones to gain the most for him to not show up. This meant that the only person that was left could have been the one responsible as they could have easily informed the Gangsters of where to pick up Jang Pill Do as they would have known where he would have been etc..

Anyway before I got side tracked with this let me get back to mentioning about the surprising reveal that Creepy Shaman was working against Evil Granny as well. While one can say that it made sense why Sec. Kim was working against Evil Granny this reveal was so out of the blue and they didn’t even bother explaining it. One can ask of how she was even aware that the transference of bad luck ritual was also used on Sec. Kim as well. Either she was the one that cast it or Sec. Kim revealed it to her. If it was the former, then it makes no sense for her to protect Sec. Kim and she should have revealed to Evil Granny that her supposed daughter was with her. Plus, what exactly did she have against Evil Granny that she would turn against her. If it was the later then that means that the two of them have been playing a long con on Evil Granny and at the same time taking advantage of her since she seems to be the superstitious type of person. Of course this leads up to other questions such as how did Creepy Shaman end up with Evil Granny. Evil Granny clearly isn’t the type of person that trusts people easily. Meaning that she wouldn’t simply discard her original Fortune Teller without a good reason and take Creepy Shaman just like that.

The other thing that I noticed about this drama happens to be that almost every character to some extent involves some kind of twisted love which seems to make matters worse than better. Let’s see each of said characters.

Sec. Kim She claims that she is doing all this for the sake of her daughter so that she can have a better life than what she lived through and that she is owed the wealth that supposedly belongs to Evil Granny for her loyal service and perhaps even the fact that she was supposedly adopted etc.. Unfortunately, what she doesn’t seem to realize is that isn’t exactly what her daughter wants. The company was never Chae Rin’s goals. All that she wanted was to be accepted by the family and she thought that if she was good at everything that would finally happen even if that meant running the company well. It is a different matter. On top of all this she doesn’t really care all that much about her daughter’s happiness since she is more than willing to make it that her daughter lives an unhappily married life. She is one of those people that likes to think that if a person is surrounded with money and can therefore get anything that they want with it then that is all that matters because they will live a comfortable life which will make them happy. She never seemed to get that Chae Rin was living just like that at her home yet she was never really happy as all that she wanted was to be accepted by her family.

Evil Granny Her love for her bloodline is going to be her eventual downfall. It can be said that it was her motherly love for her daughter that made her do the luck transference the first time so that her daughter could recover and all Then she didn’t want her daughter to suffer by seeing her child in pain that she decided to do the ritual again this time with Chae Rin. What she did wrong was that she thought that it was okay for others to suffer just so that her own child could be happy and healthy. Not only that but she also doesn’t like to share her things with others. Now it makes perfect sense that she has sentimental value towards her company since she started it from its conception and all. But she should learn to let go when she realizes that she can’t operate it anymore. She should still be thankful that it is still in the family by any means such as with her Son In Law running it. Instead she just wants her grandchild to inherit it because she is from her blood. To do this she was more than willing to backstab her own SiL. She eventually got hit by Karma when she finally realized that Sua really isn’t all that capably of running it and will eventually be the companies’ downfall. The sad bit here is that she still isn’t ready to learn her lesson. Granted it makes sense Yeon Joo/Sua wouldn’t be ready to take over the company as of now since she has no experience or training due to her history (kidnapped and all) so instead of doing what Chae Rin did start at the bottom she directly put her in a high position something she was neither ready for or capable of handling. Yet she still wants the company so badly that she is still willing to betray Chae Rin to Taesan Group just to keep the company. What she doesn’t seem to get is that the Chairman is so greedy that he isn’t going to leave her company alone and is going to try some other scheme to obtain Make Pacific at some later date even if she hands over Chae Rin to him. I really want to see her lose everything. That will be the perfect lesson for her.

Infact that is already happening to her she just doesn’t seem to realize it. Her daughter has been living in blissful unawareness of all that her mother has been doing till now but she is slowly starting to discover her actions. For instance, she doesn’t know that Sec. Kim was brought in as a substitute for her. She just has started to feel that her mother might have done something to her. Nor does she know about the ritual that Sua and Chae Rin underwent. You can be sure that the moment that she discovers what her mother did she is not only going to be horrified by all this but it will be her that will ask for forgiveness from Sec. Kim. The next best thing for her to do would be to leave that house with her family leaving Evil Granny all on her own. As for the company I would gladly let Taesan have it but then I worry about the employees working there that would suffer due to this. Regardless it would be fun to see Evil Granny all on her own and with nothing. Her long life was for naught.

Unfortunately at this point I can’t seem to see Yeon Joo willing to leave her grandmother because she is twisted and wants her revenge on Chae Rin Etc.. Fortunately, since we only have two episodes remaining that will hopefully change.

Yeon Joo/Sua She can’t seem to let go of her first love. This is causing her problems. Nor is she ready to believe that someone can leave her or not love her etc The guy has told her numerous times that he just isn’t into her anymore yet she isn’t ready to accept this fact and is looking for excuses why this can be the cause. At first she blamed the other woman and then tried to justify that he probably left her because the other woman was rich. In other words, for her wealth. But she soon discovered that this wasn’t the case since she discovered that she was the real heiress thus she was just as rich or perhaps even more. Yet the guy was still not into her. She even went so far as to kick Chae Rin out of not only the company but the home as well. Even then Eun Hyuk wasn’t into returning to her. Showing that money wasn’t the issue as she believed. Yet she still isn’t ready to admit defeat and while that is admirable it just isn’t practical. Sure it is good to fight for your love but one needs to ask if the spark was ever there in the first place. Also wouldn’t it be better to see the person you love happy than miserable. Unfortunately, she doesn’t seem to get any of this and she has become the type of person that would readily destroy the man who she claimed to love just so that nobody else can have him. She really takes a woman scorned as a serious matter.  Hopefully love conquers all and she will realize that the love of Eun Hyuk and Chae Rin will overcome all these obstacles and embarrass her and thus finally snap her to her senses. Also what she doesn’t seem to get is the fact that her quest for revenge is only hurting one person and it is not her intended victim but herself. She is only making herself suffer. She is giving up on the family that loved her for who she was and took care of her for all those years for a family she never knew that she had.

Even though her real family has accepted her she wants to get rid of Chae Rin. Part of it can be understood since Chae Rin prevented her from returning so wanting to kick her out sort of makes sense. But she needs to think about other matters as well. She isn’t ready to listen to reason even if it is sound. For instance, taking over a senior position just to kick out Chae Rin for not only revenge purposes but also to try and win Eun Hyuk back. Problem here is that if she was actually any good in regards to that this could have been overlooked but since she isn’t she is making the company suffer not only that but she isn’t ready to accept her mistakes and is more than ready to blame those under her. The sad part is that even after all this she still isn’t getting what she wants.

Taesan Family. Both father and son are equally twisted. The father has love of only one thing and that is money and he is willing to do anything to get it even if that means selling his son. Though for him he knows that he can’t take his wealth with him to his grave so like Evil Granny he wants to pass it to his own child. As for his son he can’t seem to let go of his last wife. Does he love Chae Rin that he wants her back. In his case I doubt that love is the issue but more about wounded pride. He has been so used to getting what he wants that he can’t stand being rejected by anybody. In this case he wants to break Chae Rin and once he has finally achieved that he will gladly discard her. But so far he is realizing that isn’t an easy job so is his father. Then again his father probably realizes that it would be better to have someone like Chae Rin in his family rather than Yeon Joo. Granted the later would be easier to control as she isn’t all that smart but Chae Rin on the other hand is someone that is more equal in playing the game with him and thus someone that can either run his empire well with his son or someone that will give him better access to Make Pacific. On top of all this I think that is pride is hurt even more for his Ex Wife not only managed to outsmart him numerous times but also to the fact that she managed to have an affair of sorts right under his nose. Meaning the guy she was having it wasn’t some random stranger but a supposedly loyal worker. Only for him to realize later on that this wasn’t the case at all and that he had been made a fool by everyone. He doesn’t seem to care that he didn’t love her or the fact that he was more than willing to have an affair right under his wives nose yet he wasn’t okay if she did the same. He is the type of selfish person that only cares about his own happiness but not those of others.

Now he would rather see Chae Rin miserable rather than happy that would be his only victory over her. yet not matter what he does he is constantly failing. He thinks that he has some sort of advantage only to see it slip from his fingers. To her he only appears as a petty child who wants a toy that he can’t have nor does he like sharing his things. What he doesn’t seem to get is that Chae Rin is a person who can make her own choices rather than an object to fight over.

Frankly speaking the grandfather needs to go to jail for not only all the crimes that he has committed but also the lives that he has ruined to build up his empire. Can’t figure out what punishment his son should receive since the only thing wrong that he has done that we are aware of is creating that slush fund which he seems to have returned so he can’t be charged for that. He probably could be charged for being his father’s accomplice but I doubt that would work. One thing that can be said is that his father loves his son that he is willing to protect him from getting caught such as agreeing to the divorce if Chae Rin was willing to let the matter of the Slush Fund slide and he returns the money. So it would be quite probable that he would have taken the entire blame for even his sons crimes. So unless someone has some hard evidence against Jae Sang he will probably be safe. Though just how good that will be depends. If his father is arrested for all his crimes as well the company stock is sure to plummet. This means that it will be ripe for a takeover by some other company. Meaning that he is not only going to end up losing everything but also the fact that Karma will have been delivered to him because he will end up facing exactly what he has been doing to others. It will be even better if it is Make Pacific that takes over his company. Now he will be the one begging them to save his company or help him survive.

Jo Pill Do. Finally let’s not forget one on the main people who is also responsible for a lot of characters suffering. He seems to be the type of person who only cares about himself and was real abusive towards his own son. Making him work in his place while he enjoyed all that money that was earned to gamble it all away or to drink booze. What could this man know of love. That is a very valid question. But some of his actions must have been done out of love correct. Atleast that is what I hope. Sure he isn’t willing to accept his faults but let’s consider the fact when he kidnapped Sua when she was a child. We find later on that he did so because not only was he in debt but also because he owed loan sharks money. This was a way to wipe his slate clean. Now it certainly doesn’t make his actions correct but we also have to remember why he was asking for more money that day. It was because Yeon Joo’s mother needed money to pay for her daughter’s heart surgery. In other words, the money this time wasn’t for him but somebody else. Now why would he be willing to pay her who wasn’t related to him at all. Could it be because he was actually in love with somebody and that is why he wanted to help them out. Yes, it could be possible that he was deceiving her and that when he got the ransom money he would have gambled it away but one should hope that this wasn’t the case and he actually cared about someone other than himself. It still doesn’t excuse most of his actions both then and now since a lot of people ended up suffering both times. He needs to stop gambling as well as drinking if he wants to make amends and stop thinking that the world owes him anything. This will probably be the road to mending his ways.

@maribella every show as their likes and dislikes so those people have their valid opinions as for the characters that are disliked makes equal sense since we have to root for someone to overcome the actions of the villains. If everyone was likable then we wouldn’t really have a drama now would be. Even I who seem to enjoy this drama greatly dislike the Evil Granny. As for the Father and Son Duo of Taesan Group they are more of a joke than someone to dislike. Sure they do bad things such as ruining other people’s lives to fill their own pockets but they have never gone over to the dark side such as the Evil Grandmother who is more than willing to curse other people just so that she can get what she wants and her own family enjoys a life of luxury. As for the Male Lead I have watched him in two Dramas. The last one was My Husbands Secret if I am not mistaken. Was a decent drama though I had a few issues in it. But he did act well considering that he at times at to play a double role in it. Another Drama that I watched him in and actually enjoyed was Dr. Frost.

As for feeling bad for Chae Rin is debatable. Both main leads have their own issues. Yes, Eun Hyuk had an abusive father who also became a criminal when he kidnapped Sua and whatnot and then we have Chae Rin who pretty much lived a life without love nor was she easily accepted into her current family. Not to add the fact that her grandmother was more than willing to sell her of for her families’/company’s gain. Well her adopted dad was an exception and that is probably one of the only reasons that she staid back in that house all those years. Yes, one can even feel bad that since she has no real power in that house considering that Evil Granny runs it all and if you defy her you can be sent off to Lord Knows Where without anyone being the wiser. Such as when she was sent to a mental institution when she refused to marry her husband Moon Jae Sung. How many people were aware of this fact? The answer is two namely Evil Granny who had her packed of and Sec. Kim the rest of the family were not only oblivious to this fact but even believed that she was on some trip. The lies that the grandmother had fed them and they didn’t even bother to verify said facts. But then you have her do things typical of Second Lead characters such as discovering the true identity of Sua and instead of revealing this to her family she tries her level best to get rid of her by sending her abroad. Granted her reasoning is understandable since she is afraid of being kicked out of her home or that she would be ignored by the rest of her family one Sua returned. Perhaps if the two woman were on better terms things might have been different. Unfortunately, this wasn’t the case. But regardless of this fact I do have to agree that to an extent one can’t help but feel sorry for her character. Yet the one thing going for her is that she is a survivor and she would find some way or the other to survive.

Heavens Promise was good. Did find it odd that she ended up with her husband but to be fair the only one in that family who made her life miserable had to be the second female lead and her mother. Other than that the husband was pretty good to her and even decided to help her out after discovering her identity and her Bio Dad was also decent to her even before discovering her real identity. My only real issue was the ending. It wasn’t bad as certain dramas but it wasn’t perfect. Her ending up with her husband wasn’t an issue for me. My major issue was the second female lead ended up with amnesia so she had conveniently forgotten all the bad things that she did to her. Not only that but how do you get away with the fact that she was married. The show showed us that she would probably get a second chance with her Ex Husband. Perhaps trying to show that while she may not have remembered him but her heart did.. etc..while I can go on some more I think that this isn’t the thread for it so will leave it at that.

As for the matter about her being kicked out with nothing but the clothes on her back makes little to no sense. She was working for her company and that means that she was probably paid for her services. In other words, she must have some money in her bank unless Evil Granny managed to take it all somehow. Wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case. It also depends on what kind of contract she signed when she joined the company. Knowing Evil Granny, she would probably have made it so that she would have to give up any kind of claims to get final payment or so. Though she probably didn’t want to spend any of her money even if she had some because that would give her an excuse to live with Eun Hyuk. Remember she is a smart person unlike the normal Drama Chaebol Characters who end up going off to stay in expensive hotels even though they have limited funds when they are kicked out or even if they go for a low priced room it actually is an expensive one (in real life) So in this case I am going with the former that she is using the excuse of being kicked out to live with Eun Hyuk though it may not be the actual one or more funny.

@Lmangla in regards to Jo Pill Do and the fact that he didn’t tell anybody that the real Sua wasn’t dead and thus get a shorter sentence. There could be two reasons. First of all, he did try to tell other people that another woman was also involved but for some weird reason they weren’t ready to believe him. The caught their man and thus closed the case. If this was real life, then the detectives or even the prosecutor in charge would have investigated the claim. The only person that seemed to notice this was the lawyer yet whenever he tried to approach Jo Pill Do he was refused. The other reason is that he seems to think of himself as the victim of sorts and feels like others owe him. For instance, he could easily have told Evil Granny where the real Sua was when he discovered her yet he waited till he could get something in return aka Money. He feels that he is owed that much for the time that he served and all. Plus, he has been demanding money from anyone that he thinks will be interested in paying him so that he can hand over said information to them. Naturally he is going to gamble it all away and when he ends up losing will go on a drinking binge to get out of his depression. On top of all this we also have to remember something else Yeon Joo’s mother moved out from where she was initially living so perhaps the Detectives did go over to her place to find out whether or not he was telling the truth but when they didn’t find anyone at home they might have thought that he was lying. Another reason why he feels that he was wronged and is owed that ransom money.

I think it was explained how Eun Hyuk ended up with Sua. He was a regular at her family restaurant. They took pity on him and treated him well that he actually thought of them as family and decided to move in with them when he was invited. It also explains that he cared for his adopted family and that is why he moved out so as to not cause them harm when his Bio Dad was released. It is also impressive that his adopted family didn’t hold his background against him and still loved him. Hope that he can return to them once this is all over. Can’t see him being with his Bio Dad. Probably Jo Pill Do can redeem himself if he ends up saving his life from one of the crazies of the shows. Such as one of them tries to run him down. At this point I can actually see Yeon Joo decide to do that when she realizes that no matter what she tries he won’t return to her and still wants to be with Chae Rin. Pill Do sees the oncoming car and thus pushes Eun Hyuk away saving his life but being critically injured that he soon ends up dying with his injuries but not before asking his son for forgiveness and thus mending his bridges with him.

As for the mother wanting Eun Hyuk to be with Eun Joo/Sua even after knowing that he doesn’t love her is on par with other drama character parents. They are more than ready to do whatever their child wants. Problem here is that they may know that the marriage isn’t going to work out but they know that convincing their child isn’t going to work so they eventually tend to give in because all that they want is their child’s happiness. Problem here is that this doesn’t really make much sense when you think about it. The child may think that getting the person that they want will make them happy even if said person doesn’t love them. What they don’t seem to get is that happiness is only going to be short lived as said marriage is eventually going to be very painful as that person might only be staying with they due to some sense of duty or something. So either way they are going to be hurt just depends when. Either they face it now and then let it go or try and manage to hold out till much later on and suffer more. Sad thing is that this even happens in real life. In this case though the mother probably feels guilty in regards to Yeon Joo that she wants to see her happy no matter what. So she is willing to cross the ends of the earth to make it happen. She will gladly suffer any kind of punishment as long as she knows that her daughter is both happy and living well.

@maribella were you by any chance Referring to Feast Of The Gods. It had cooking in it. But in that case the mother didn’t seem to realize that her daughter had been replaced (sort of) But then I wouldn’t call her totally unhinged then again it has been ages since I watched that drama that details seem to be a bit fuzzy at the moment.

@chdom Actually the blackmail would still work. Sure the main leads aren’t kissing but the whole he was comforting me because I found out that my husband was cheating on me wouldn’t work as well. For starters one would question why was a driver comforting his bosses’ wife.  Even if that was ignored the problem is that had it simply been just one picture then it could probably have worked and people might be ready to believe that. Unfortunately, there were pictures of them on different days. (if I recall correctly will have to recheck) if it was the later then it will be harder to sell that he was comforting her. So even if she tried that he was personally assigned to me and that was why he is in those pictures but if Bozo and Dad manage to prove that she was with him when she was supposed to be somewhere else at the time ie cooking classes then it will be more problematic for the main leads to get out of it. Though one can expect that Bozo and company are simply bluffing when it comes to the matter of blackmail. They are going to be majorly embarrassed if those pictures are ever released. Simply for the reason that they let the affair happen right under their noses with someone that they supposedly trusted. In other words, their company would also suffer to some extent.

As for Chae Rin falling for Evil Granny’s words well its happening again. Problem here is that at some point she wants to believe that Evil Granny has actually changed and is ready to accept her as part of the family. This is one of Chae Rin’s biggest flaws. She has already seen how people in that house treat her. The Grandmother has never treated her as a human and tends to refer to her as That Thing even to her face. Even then she wants to be accepted as part of that family and knows for that to happen The Grandmother needs to change and the rest will follow. To do this she is willing to play any of her grandmothers games. Perhaps there is a part of her that knows that isn’t going to happen but she still tries. She is slowly starting to realize that there are more important things than that family such as Eun Hyuk that she is more than willing to give up on that family. But we will have to see what happens in the latest episode will she fall for Evil Granny getting on her knees and thus forgive her only to realize that she has been played once again or not forgive her at all. Frankly I am hoping for the later.

@mizkorea One might feel a bit bad for the real Heiress but not by much. Sure she missed out on her real family thanks to the actions of certain people but one has to realize that family showered her with love and they never let her feel like an outsider. Sure it helped that they were unaware that she wasn’t related to them (apart from the mother) but then you also have to remember some of things that she ends up doing nobody can blame her for those actions. For instance, when Bozo got her to sign those documents which she did without checking them carefully and all. The only person to blame for all that was herself. Instead of doing that she blamed all the wrong people such as the workers under her or whatnot. Signing a Legal Document without the company Lawyer present was another mistake. Her desire to prove herself is currently her downfall. Also just to get even with Chae Rin she is using her connections to her grandmother to have Chae Rin Kicked out so that she can take over her position. She thinks that she is teaching Chae Rin a lesson. Instead she is the one suffering and the problem is that she isn’t willing to listen to other people when they offer her helpful advice. While it is true that she has a reason to be so against Chae Rin she isn’t thinking straight. So in this case I atleast don’t feel so bad for Sua. Especially the way she thinks that she can abuse her power and get away with it because she is the owners family. While I do agree with the fact that she might not have been like that had she been raised by her real family but since that isn’t the case the current Sua isn’t likable to me all that much.

@jechoi1 Oh don’t get me wrong when it comes to the Yeon Joo and Eun Hyuk relationship. I definitely agree with you that there were to many issues. I have said numerous times if he didn’t love her then he should have left that house. He was literally sleeping with her for free and it wasn’t like he wouldn’t have a place to go if he left that house. He had literally two places under his name. He could go to either one. Not only that if he didn’t want to marry her he could have said no much before their marriage date. The problem in my opinion was Yeon Joo herself. She didn’t see the signs because she was blinded by love. For starters he was never committed about the marriage. He was okay with just living with her as they were nor did he show any kind of reaction when the date was set. He went along with it. Sure he could have used work as an excuse and let her family and her do the wedding shopping on his end as well. But again can that really work. A wedding is one of the most important event in your life. So you are sure to try and take some time out from your work to make it work. Now I know how busy one can get due to work and unless you have unreasonable bosses and heavy workloads it might be impossible but this wasn’t the case for him. While I can’t say just how busy he was he didn’t have an unreasonable boss. Instead it was the opposite. His boss literally favoured him and thus would have easily given him the time of. Since he didn’t take advantage of it there had to be something wrong here. The problem with Yeon Joo was that she was the only one to move on with her life. She herself didn’t seem to know much about what he did. She should also have asked him to show more interest. Perhaps she thought that was a part of his charm as you suggested but to be honest I really couldn’t see the real reason why she was so interested in him. Was it merely his looks or was there more to it. For instance, did he help her out in some way. Such as when she was at the restaurant she was getting harassed by some of the customers and he came to her rescue since he was a regular there and all. She was so grateful for him that she eventually fell in love with him. Even then I feel that there was just something wrong with this pairing from the start. I think even one of her sisters felt that he wasn’t into her but neither she nor her mother were ready to listen to those concerns. So in short I think they both were equally to blame.

Perhaps he had agreed to marry her because he thought that he would never fall in love with anybody so she was as good as it gets but then walks Chae Rin in his life and everything changes. He knows that she is off limits and since he can’t have her he might as well go ahead with his original marriage. Think about it he was more than eager to end it when he got caught. Again it was Yeon Joo who wasn’t ready to let go. As I said both were at fault to an extent.

As for the matter of him and what little he knew about Chae RIn might have been enough for him to be with her. Granted it would be a way to stick it to Moon as you said. But here is the deal he saw someone that was so like him and it was that connection that drew him to her. For instance, he saw how Bozo treated her on their first meeting and what was expected of her (something that she wasn’t ready to play along) then on top of all this he discovers that her family abuses her sort of. Such as locking her up in a mental ward if she doesn’t play along with them. This probably reminded him of how his father used to tie him up so that he couldn’t escape and was thus forced to go along with his dads plans. How she had to hide from the world that she had been not only adopted but also pretend to be the real daughter whenever her mother had one of her mood swings. Meaning she was an outcast. These things reminded him of what he himself went through as a child and used that as a sort of connection. Plus, like you mentioned it didn’t hurt that she was attractive as well. I don’t think that it was important to him that she was rich since he more or less must have realized that she wouldn’t be welcome back in her home if she got a divorce or even if she had an affair with him. Plus, he would have easily figured out that Evil Granny wouldn’t leave anything to her in the will so everything that she had is what she earned on her own. Granted it would probably have been more than what Yeon Joo was earning but something tells me that wasn’t important. Then finally what really got him to admit is feelings for her was when she returned the memory card to him without any ulterior motives when she could have easily used it to blackmail him. Here he found a person that would not only not judge him for what he did but most importantly he didn’t need to hide who he really was because she had seen parts of him that he kept hidden even from people that claimed to love him but had no idea of who he really was.

This reminds me of a point someone made earlier of him being so careless that he left the memory card that Bozo found it easily. First of all, I don’t think that was the case. I think he was sort of careful he just didn’t think it through. First of all, we have to remember something his home was supposed to be secret. Even Yeon Joo was surprised to find out about it and even asked him when he got that place. At that time, he was living with Yeon Joo and he only came to his home when he needed to carefully plot his next move or look over the evidence that he had gathered on Taesan Group and how he was going to use that to his advantage. Other than that he would always return home to Yeon Joo. Not only that but he probably also kept Yeon Joo’s place as his main residence in his work files. So if anyone from the company needed to track him down that would have been the first place that they would come to. Infact that is exactly what happened when Chae Rin tried to track him down when he didn’t show up to work because he was probably sick. She ended up at Yeon Joo’s place. Now how would she even know to go there if she didn’t contact the company to get his address. When she didn’t find him there she somehow searched for him again till she found out his other home as well. Her being rich probably helped in that department after all Evil Granny managed to track Chae Rin in the latest episode and came to her when that place probably even fewer people know about. In other words, he probably thought that the memory card was safe where it was and had he not left Yeon Joo Bozo would have probably never found out where he lived and thus found the card since he would have gone over to Yeon Joo’s place as well.

@AnhH Oh you can be sure that the Eun Hyuk relationship is certainly one of the reasons why the relationship between the two girls soured. The problem here is that Sua probably thinks that those two have been in a relationship far longer than they actually have. On top of that she thinks that Chae Rin has then taken her for a fool. Such as when the wedding broke off because she witnessed Eun Hyuk Kissing a woman who she later on discovered to be Char Rin. Then not only that but Chae Rin calls her out for drinks. Totally innocent on her part but when Sua looks at it she thinks that Chae Rin was probably mocking her. Such as her trying to say look I stole your man and you are such an idiot that you don’t even realize it is me. She wasn’t willing to even listen that Chae Rin was innocent or the fact that he kissed her without her permission etc.. then on top of this she discovers that Chae Rin discovered who she really was and then instead of revealing this fact to her family or even to her she tried to pack her of. They need to work their differences out but with two episodes remaining I don’t see that happening any time soon. Basically Chae RIn already has two strikes in Yeon Joo’s books and that is bad.

@Warren Lauzon I feel sorry for your TV. Hope your insurance covers it get blown up out of frustration.

@maribella Eun Hyuk bringing the mistress to his place might have been a good idea to him because he thought that place was probably secure. Not a lot of people knew about it till then. He probably didn’t expect Bozo to do a search of said place. If the mistress was caught over there, then she would have been dragged out and if she had handed over said information then she would have already left and he would have hoped that the search party would have left after seeing that. At the most they would think that the mistress came there on her own and she might have taken the place under an assumed name at the most. He just got unlucky that Bozo was a bit more eager to find her and searched the place a bit more to realize it was Eun Hyuk’s place something that he wasn’t aware of when he came there. He just got info that the mistress was seen there or something to that extent. As for Eun Hyuk’s father he found it on his own because he was either just that resourceful or carefully managed to follow Eun Hyuk without his knowledge.

@thistle Chae Rin outlasting her family to get the family inheritance. Would it be worth it. Clearly the Old Bat is going to croak first but before that she might take preventive steps for allowing Chae Rin to ever get the company or inheritance for a long time. She is never going to hand over any of her wealth to Chae Rin and is instead going to pass it on to her daughter since she is so much into bloodline obtaining it all. Then comes the fact that her parents are still quite young that means she would have to wait another 30 35 years maybe more for them to die. Meaning that she herself would probably be in her early to late sixties if she was lucky to get it all. How exactly could she enjoy her new wealth at this point. Also if the grandmother really wanted to ensure that Chae Rin never got a hold of her wealth she might place a clause in her will that if Chae Rin was given any part of the wealth then it should all be taken away and given of to charity. She would then hope that would prevent her daughter from ever handing over her company, shares or even property to Chae Rin.

@Warren Lauzon You must mean Feast Of The Gods.

@roli Nope the Dad isn’t related to Chae Rin in any form whatsoever. Meaning Sua and Chae Rin aren’t Half Sisters. Remember Chairman Moon did a DNA test on Chae Rin and he used her parent’s DNA as a sample and both came out as negative.

@oktatwork Chae Rin is the daughter. Remember when Sec. Kim was nearly cornered when Chae Rin was about to expose her to Evil Granny she only managed to prevent the reveal from happening by revealing to Chae Rin her birth mothers real name. in that episode the Creepy Shaman Calls Sec. Kim by that name. Following that it would only make sense then that Sec. Kim is Chae Rin’s Bio Mother.

Well the show is finally done. Hope that they have a decent ending and close up all the loose ends. Just waiting for the subs to be done to watch it. Frankly while I admit that the show had some issues it was still enjoyable to me and due to things being slightly different than what you normally expect in a drama things were a bit interesting. I do have some issues with certain characters such as the entire Make Pacific family. But overall I may have been one of the people that enjoyed the show. Any recommendations for the next show. Need to Catch Up with Love To The End. Got sidetracked at episode 25 sadly. :(

Anyway will watch the final episodes with subs and then try to comment on it if I get the time. So till then take care all of you and look forward to reading your posts and your thoughts regarding the episodes. :)

Have to admit that this finale was just fine, and I enjoyed the action of the last 2 hours.  One of the LOL moments for me was when Sec. Kim was attempting suicide in the lake whereupon CR saved her, but Sec. Kim came out of the water with her high heels on!  Wow!  I've heard of "dying with your boots on,"  but high heels?  She must really like those shoes!:lol:

It only made sense that Eun Hyuk disappeared for awhile after the attempt on his life.  He recovered, had evidence of the crime thanks to Sec. Kim, and had the spunk and courage in him to pursue justice.  That was sweet.  I'm sure he knew that he would always be a target if he didn't act, so justice prevailed.

Thanks, everyone, for hanging in there.  See you on another thread.;)

2 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

kind of punishment as long as she knows that her daughter is both happy and living well.

@maribella were you by any chance Referring to Feast Of The Gods. It had cooking in it. But in that case the mother didn’t seem to realize that her daughter had been replaced (sort of) But then I wouldn’t c

Sorry @yamiyugi can't remember the name, I did not like the show at all. The ending was even crappier. You have been away very long, I had to go way back to read what I wrote :D

The last 4 episodes.... good lord, this has to be the lamest of the lame, no climax at all. We were waiting for the reason for Ms. Kim's vengeance and we knew about it many episodes before. 

Everything is all nicely packed.... 

Recommend a good show for me please...:huh:, not the manga type. I watched a few episodes of my id is Gangnam beauty... despite its socially responsible message that beauty is skin deep, I cannot get beyond the lead actress is old to be a freshman. The freshmen were some impressionable teenagers..... we were such smart richard simmons during my time. Or is it true for Korean schools? 

Maybe I'll watch So Ji Sub?

But cannot watch Song Hy Kyo and Park Bo Geum, I am sure I'll have the age problem. So sorry to their fans, so sorry :rolleyes:

Just watched the final episode.  I admit that I laughed wholeheartedly when the White Truck of Doom was bearing down on EH, and I didn't even feel guilty about laughing.  I knew he wouldn't die because there just wouldn't be enough melo in that.  And this show was too ridiculous to do anything realistically.

What a sad waste of time this show has been.  I was tempted to say that it was also a waste of talent but I can't say that because the actors put in such poor performances.  Yes, we can blame the crummy script and the lackluster production and all that.  But I don't think there is any excuse for an actor to turn out inferior work just because they feel bored or slighted or whatever.  They had one job to do and they did not do it. 

Since I didn't watch all the episodes and I never ever will, there was one thing that I missed and am mildly curious about:  did we ever find out who CR's father is?  

Thanks to everyone who tolerated this "drama" here on this thread.  I appreciate everyone's tolerance of my moaning.  It has been a bizarre journey, and I'm glad I don't have to make a return trip.

@thistle & @msmy  we knew that Ms Kim went through what her daughter went through 3-4 episodes ago, and it was not really an interesting reason for her to seek revenge using her own daughter. I guess we thought that the company would be nothing without the stolen formua. But there was no relationship whatsoever, it makes one wonder, why bring up that point just to show how awful Mdm Na is? It was terrible of her to abuse two mother- daughter orphans already.

The last 4 episode were for telling us what happened to each one.

SA went to the airport with Do Hoon, they did not make a U turn, so both will not grow old alone, the dopey mother and weak husband got each other, the monster grandmother was punished for a year ( time jump) for her years of abusing two young girls, CR got EH. SA's adoptive mother got SA back. Pil Do ended in the street where he was. Kim is in prison with lots of flashbacks on how she helped her child secretly and how badly she felt ... oh geez.

I still say it is such a lame ending.

7 hours ago, maribella said:

I still say it is such a lame ending.

Agreed.  Very much so.  And we even got that Time Jump as well as the White Truck of Doom.  ^_^

I don't ever want to see another drama by this writer!

11 hours ago, thistle said:

Just watched the final episode.  I admit that I laughed wholeheartedly when the White Truck of Doom was bearing down on EH, and I didn't even feel guilty about laughing.  I knew he wouldn't die because there just wouldn't be enough melo in that.  And this show was too ridiculous to do anything realistically.

The sad part is that the TRUCK OF DOOM was one of the best actors in this mess, though I don't really blame the actors - with that really crappy writing they did not have much to work with. Too bad, really - the basic premise and plot could have been so much better, but then it went all makjang on us.

I watched it initially and then due to real life busy, dropped it and then watched the last few episodes... but just read up on the thread and plus the drama was rather to easy to follow along even with out watching the middle. hahahaha...

so after watching the ending, here's my thoughts: I feel like the story's two weirdest elements are probably pulled from real life crime stories shows -- you know the kind that is so ridiculously absurd to even imagine but you are watching and thinking "huh??????? that actually happened? :blink:" ... so the elements -- 1. passing off the bad luck to another kid, 2. swallowing one company after another through successive marriages and suspicious deaths -- felt the most grounded and had the most impact in this weird drama. so my random theory is that the writer was inspired by some couple of different true crime news/shows and put these two elements together but then had no idea how to build it properly into something that worked. so instead, it fell flat like a cake without baking powder...

the ending: am not sure what exactly was eun hyuk's story. why was he annoyed with chairman moon that he was collecting all that info and why did he hate them? anyone know?

so sua got a kind of punishment as well as relief -- she basically had to accept that she has zero management skills or talent and step away. she finally realizes the love of her adopted family and stops acting like some entitled princess. and as consolation prize, she gets the lawyer..

papa and mama who were ridiculously oblivious get a relief as well as a kind of punishment. relief in that they get away and finally lead their own lives free for a year. punishment in that the old batty grandmother is moving in with them and will make their lives miserable till she dies.

grandmother -- she didn't die and gets to move to villa and drive them cuckoo. but it will eat her soul that all her actions were pretty useless and the outsider was the one who finally got the company. so some punishment?

sec kim -- her actions made no sense that she watched her own kid go through the same thing and didn't do much except feed her during scarlet fever. but the punishment was to just die of miserable guilt?

the moon family -- so they find out their power does not give chairman the "get out of jail card"... we can assume that the prosecution will make their life miserable as they dig through the company stuff and deaths of the wives...

Archived