Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] Hide and Seek, 숨바꼭질

I miss Our OTP.. I keep on rewatching the scenes where CR & EH interact hehe

EH admitting he is inlove is so cool! 

I maybe frustrated on the development of the story but i am still excited on how they will overcome these obstacles together. 

Actually how to describe their current relationship? Lovers? Comrades? Friends?... 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, grapefruit7 said:

I miss Our OTP.. I keep on rewatching the scenes where CR & EH interact hehe

EH admitting he is inlove is so cool! 

I maybe frustrated on the development of the story but i am still excited on how they will overcome these obstacles together. 

Actually how to describe their current relationship? Lovers? Comrades? Friends?... 

Soulmates?

Actually thats all I'm watching of this drama. EH and CR....hope they have a happy ending ...they both deserve it.

• Like 6

I had just watched eps 1&2 and the last two. It is very intriguing. I get the feeling Lee Yoo Ri is the flawed hero. She has played characters going for revenge and doing it almost all the way. Many dailies will blare ‘revenge’ and it ended with many posters including mine screaming with great annoyance.

I wonder why Soo Ah’s mother did not have any form of relationship with her adopted daughter. This must be blood is thicker than water show. - she took a strange liking to a cosmetic salesperson.

After watching a few episodes of Gangnam beauty, I decided I had outgrown mangas since the very enjoyable Goong.

This show with the complex relationships is very promising to me. Hope it has a happy ending for both girls who have been manipulated by old woman and old man.

• Like 3

On 9/22/2018 at 10:48 PM, dekaron said:

This feels more like a daily drama than a weekend drama

This is exactly what I was thinking.  It has all the hallmarks of a daily makjang drama with the secret births, everyone being related to each other (connected) somehow, the over-the-top "evil" characters, the immediate fast pacing in the beginning.  Kind of strange because it's airing in the weekends, when traditionally the "family" dramas aired.

Nevertheless, I'm still enjoying the drama.  Although, I'll be honest that I started watching this because of Uhm Hyun Kyung.  I first saw her in Defendant, and although her role was minor, I liked how she "silently" acted with her expressions and her eyes.  And, I'll be honest that I'm having a hard time liking Chae Rin's character because of the actress.  I know, I know, but for some reason, I never liked her too much.  I think I first saw her in something called It's OK, I love You (or something like that) and there was something about her portrayal that I didn't like.  I also have the same complaint about her stylist today that I had back then.  So the character Chae Rin is supposed to be a cheobol and she married into even greater cheobol.  And yet, something about her does not look "expensive" to me.  Her hair is all wrong with it being so long and straight and just down, her clothes don't fit the usual image of the cheobol samonim, her shoes are too high with too visible and thick of a platform.  I understand that she's the CEO of a make up company, but her image imo still doesn't quite fit.  But aside from all that, it is very strange how this drama is written.  I'm supposed to sympathize with Chaerin's character, and yet I can't.  She's pathetic and I should feel sorry for her, but there's just that something that is missing so that I do not.

Right now, the character that I am most interested in is Moon Tae San (I think that's his name)--Chaerin's husband.  At first, I just wrote him off as being a typical cheobol idiot--the ones that show up in the daily dramas where they are super dumb (which doesn't make sense if you consider all the education they must have had and the fact that their parents must have come from good stock).  But, he seems to be showing some substance.

For now, I'll keep watching.  I especially  like that I get 2 full-hour episodes in one day, especially on a weekend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We have the two leads that are perfectly imperfect.. they have the world against them, they make mistakes but still try to make the choices necessary for their survival and ultimately their happiness.. 

we we have the villains that are really quite despicable.. the grandmother who is evil and hateful, the mother that is so wound up in her own self she can’t see the daughter that has loved her through it all... the father that abused his son, kidnapped another child and is out trying to get money by trickery and ultimately harm to his son again.. the sulking girlfriend that acts like she is so powerful and is hateful and spiteful, using an emotionally fragile person and to some extent emotionally exhausted family to exact her revenge because the guy she wants loves another.. 

it looks like we are getting to some sort of romance soon.. which I’m ready for. I’m seriously tired of this sulking attitude ridden SA. Why can’t she disappear lol! Although, I know she is necessary for the drama. Her attitude in the bathroom with CR was really quite funny.. everything she was saying was the opposite.. he never chased her, wanted her first, begged her to move in together, begged for the engagement or the marriage. She has some serious insecurity to be spouting that nonsense. I was glad to see that CR has no idea who the real person is behind the DNA test, so it really was a good thing she didn’t disclose this info to her mother and SA. I got some sort of spiteful thrill (I’m shocked dramas do this to me) when EH left SA for CR, leaving all his clothes behind that they “so happily” bought together. The fact that she followed him and saw him act caring to CR was something I wasn’t even close to upset about.. 

im excited that CR will ask for a divorce.. I doubt it will be granted any time soon since her “husband” has his ego all damaged and will not want to let her go because EH will be waiting for her.. he won’t want to lose in this. 

Whew, I talked a lot... :))

• Like 7

I was reading another forum, most posters seem to dislike this show or one character or all characters.

I like it when the main characters esp. woman have something to hide or the lead is flawed. She won’t be the downtrodden type who begs for more humiliation, punishment.... she will fight back overtly or covertly.

Lee Yoo Ri had always been spunky in the shows I have seen.

I think she is pretty and shows a wide range of acting abilities. The one who plays SA has been in minor roles in the shows I have seen. She is pretty but does not have an interesting look to me.

I have not watched the male main actor before but the awful grandmother has been in many shows. The last one that I watched had her playing a very similar character. But instead of a company, she had her son do horrible things.The father has played father to Lee before.

I have watched the raw episode 19-20. Cannot make head or tail except SA is ill and sleeping in her mother’s bed.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

4 minutes ago, maribella said:

I was reading another forum, most posters seem to dislike this show or one character or all characters.

I like it when the main characters esp. woman have something to hide or the lead is flawed. She won’t be the downtrodden type who begs for more humiliation, punishment.... she will fight back overtly or covertly.

Lee Yoo Ri had always been spunky in the shows I have seen.

I think she is pretty and shows a wide range of acting abilities. The one who plays SA has been in minor roles in the shows I have seen. She is pretty but does not have an interesting look to me.

I have not watched the male main actor before but the awful grandmother has been in many shows. The last one that I watched had her playing a very similar character. But instead of a company, she had her son do horrible things.The father has played father to Lee before.

I have watched the raw episode 19-20. Cannot make head or tail except SA is ill and sleeping in her mother’s bed.

I agree, I’m liking the fact that she isn’t playing the perfect sweet vulnerable girl.. she has been treated terribly and has pains and fears that won’t be easy for her to overcome.. I find it interesting that many don’t seem to like it.. maybe because I’m a daily drama fan and it has a certain vibe to it that reminds me of them.. I have watched the ML in one of his other dramas where he played twins.. but I find it more interesting than some is the others that are extremely popular.. I’m not really one that follows the normal trends though lol! 

• Like 3

With the makjang daily vibe that this drama has so far, I wonder if it will turn out that CR and EH are actually related.  Do we know CH's background, as in why she was in the orphanage?  It would be so like a daily, if it turned out that EH and CR have the same dad and they are half-siblings or something like that.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

18 minutes ago, jechoi1 said:

With the makjang daily vibe that this drama has so far, I wonder if it will turn out that CR and EH are actually related.  Do we know CH's background, as in why she was in the orphanage?  It would be so like a daily, if it turned out that EH and CR have the same dad and they are half-siblings or something like that.

It’s been awhile since any kdrama, daily or weekend has done the sibling scare trope. It’s actually my guilty pleasure haha I miss it so much that I wouldn’t mind if there’s a twist like that. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I’m loving this show! So many things happening!! 

Man, I still stand by what I said, “everyone is so jacked up in this show, makes you feel better about your life” hahahhaah

• LOL 2

It is only halfway through and it looks like SA will return to the family. We might see real rivalry between the very capable executive and the make up woman with great talents obviously through  inherited genes.

This is very like the two characters in the mysterious personal shopper, a capable corporate woman vs. the naturally talented fashion designer. A very boring ridiculous daily but I watched it more or less to find out the ending.

The story is no more convoluted than some non- daily shows. A child from the orphanage gets adopted by chebols is a very common character, kidnapped or lost during shopping  - what a ridiculous theme!! - my husband got family. But it was such an enjoyable show.

I hope Taesan’s father and son get found out soon. The son is funny.

since this is not a daily, I hope the bad people - grandmother, Taesan father and Jo Pill Jo really get the worst.

• Like 4

Well, I still can't stand any of the characters in this drama.  Don't like anyone.  At all. :wacko: But the story is still interesting and I want to know what happens next so I'm gonna keep watching.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2