[Drama 2018] Hide and Seek, 숨바꼭질

0ly40

I have been actively lurking on the Tomorrow is Also Sunny thread. Now that that drama has ended, I caught up somewhat to this one. *SIGH*

A few takeaways:

The grandmother is evil, sinister even, but she also is vulnerable and stupid. She sounds like the headmaster for Slytherin house, always going on and on about blood and family. She's visiting a very questionable shaman, that she doesn't even listen to, who kind of tells her the truth mixed in with what she wants to hear so she can keep her coming back. This woman is trying to operate an entire company on folklore and fairytales. She schemes and comes out of a bag on everyone, including her precious blood-related family. She is the worst.

The past 4-5 episodes have really shown the weakness of the father. He is in the CEO/director position? Yet, it is CR and the son who always have to dig them out of things because he operates from a place of weakness. He makes it easy for companies like Taesan to step in and take advantage of them with just the wave of a check. Honestly, if CR hadn't been in the position of CFO all of this time, Makepacific would have already gone under.

CEH has been the one person who I have a continuous love-hate relationship. On the one hand, I do ship he and CR. He seems to love her fiercely and is willing to fight for her. On the other hand, he is a liability. His role in the whole kidnapping incident really screwed CR over and is yet another reason why she didn't say anything when she found out who the real SA was. His ongoing dysfunctional relationship with his real father is burdensome. He makes moves, but he is always a step slow, which is why he is in the position that he is with the Moon family. Here he has been their right hand man for years. He came from a nice well to do family, yet, he's living in squalor. It just doesn't make sense. Even though he knows how that family has treated CR over the years, the fact is she has lived better than that. He needs to step up.

MJS and his father - I really don't like how the writers dropped the story line with them. Mr. Moon was out here operating like a mob boss, getting his son to marry daughters of rich families then setting them up just so he could take over their families' company. What happened to that? Surely the evil Mr. Moon has something else up his sleeve, or maybe he is somehow involved in the whole SA/CR mess. Either way, that plot feels unfinished. Also, JS now all of a sudden has feelings for CR? What? And, he wants to kill CEH too? I think JS just doesn't like the fact that he can't have CR. He had to divorce her because of the lie about her real identity, but he never showed her any interest. Now all of a sudden, he just has to have her or no one can.

MSA - Her character development has been as predictable as a Tyler Perry plot. I knew she was going to show her true colors. She didn't turn evil, she was already like that. She just never had the means to be her true self before because she was poor. But, here she was being treated like a princess by her adoptive mom. She was favored and her adoptive mom spoiled her, and here she was walking around wishing she was rich. Then once she got in the Min family and realized her birthright, her true self is showing. The problem is she is ignorant to what it takes to be a real heiress. She doesn't understand the responsibility nor does she care. Her spoiled upbringing has her feeling she is entitled to any and everything. She really thinks she can just waltz into a family that she knows nothing about, mix and mingle with the wealthy and upper echelon of society and run a multi-million dollar company simply because by blood she is a Min? That kind of stupidity is clearly inherited.

MCR - Her biggest flaw is that her desire to be loved and belong to a family is a weakness she wears on her sleeve. She could've been left that family. She should've realized a long time ago that she was better off without them, but she is so attached to this idea that this is her family and she is going to love them through all of their evil deeds. So, I like that it took her receiving real love from someone else for her to realize that what she was holding on to was smoke and mirrors. This new development with Secretary Kim is problematic. CR was finally getting on equal footing, and here she comes almost physically forcing her to stay in that awful family so she can exact some type of revenge. *is this mic on* LADY, IT HAS BEEN 20 YEARS!!!!!!!! If you can't get revenge within that time, forget about it.

I would like to see CR move on from the Min's, Makepacific, the Moons, SA, all of them. I would like to see her go to another company, build it up and become successful beyond her imagination with CEH by her side.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think that CR is the daughter. Likely the father is the chemist who sold the formula to that evil grandmother. Miss Kim is protecting the chemist by not showing the photos to the Nari co. or the police. Chemist probably “disappeared” by orders of evil grandma. 

Miss Kim once told CR that Makepacific rightly belonged to her. Makepacific flourished with the formula by the chemist.

Writer nim really making fools of the characters or maybe assume viewers can accept all nonsense. CEH has another abode. Why he can’t keep the important stuff there? He hates his biological father yet he don’t bother to change the locks or have an alarm.

There are others too like when MSA accused her of asking her to kneel for spilling the red wine on her. The adopted dad was annoyed at CEH. I am sure a cctv would have recorded what actually happened.

22 minutes ago, vienvien said:

Writer nim really making fools of the characters or maybe assume viewers can accept all nonsense.

I think it's both.  The writer seems to think that both the characters and the audience are nitwits.   Even the actors are aware that this doesn't make sense--you can just tell from their performances that they don't believe what they are supposed to portray.

23 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

I have been actively lurking on the Tomorrow is Also Sunny thread. Now that that drama has ended, I caught up somewhat to this one. *SIGH*

You said everything I wanted to say but better. The one thing I would add is that the batspit crazy mother has been totally obsessed to the point of insanity with SA for 20 years, yet the grandmothers solution was to have the other girl dress up to become a fake SA? The father is totally useless and clueless, not to mention stupid. He reminds me a lot of that mother in "Let me introduce Her".

You covered my take on this show 100%. My main hope now is that the writer does not pull one of those stupid kumbaya moments where all is forgiven in the end. 

I am going to predict that Ms Kim dies and with her dying breath she tells CR that it was her father's formula with which Mdm Na started her company, CR kept the company strong and she is the rightful owner. Then the urn with her ashes is back to its old place.

I cannot think of how to get her killed but she is defiant and does not make atonement easy. But please writer no time jump please. Please.

I want to see CR (& EH) destroys the taeson father and son duo. CR should plot to wrest taeson group from them. I want to see their faces when they lose their company instead due to their greediness. Then EH can sent them to rot in prison for what they did to JS's 2 exes.

@grapefruit7

Maybe the evidence is stashed somewhere in the Moon's home. 

Well they say money talks so no surprise JS can get the info on secretary k pronto.

Actually I am in 2 minds over CR becoming owner of makepacific. I know she is capable and she deserves it. 

But if she became the owner, that means secretary k will get what she wants. I hate that after all the bad things secretary k did to CR, EH, SA and SA's mom.

12 hours ago, grapefruit7 said:

@maribella i just hope that ms kim will not harm EH as what she promised to JS.. That would be her worst mistake if that happens and CR will not forgive anyone, even her own biological mother.

I wonder how mdm Na will pay for her evil deeds? It seems losing Makepacific is not enough. 

It looks like Ms Kim has some 'gang' affiliation to do her dirty work for her. I think there will be another attempt on EH's life. But it is good finally that we can see the ending coming. Would the last episode tell us what actually was Mdm Na's crime against her,  that would be a fitting climax.  That may be unlikely since KD's endings are mostly disappointing to me,  it seems to climax before the last episode which usually is a time jump. 

I don't like the new thread with the Muns' sudden obsession in getting back CR. So out of the blue. What was the reason? 

Archived