Witch's Love / 마녀의 사랑

Director: Park Chan-Yool

Writer: Son Eun-Hye

Network: MBN

Episodes: 12

Release Date: July 25th - August 30th, 2018

Runtime: Wed. & Thu. 23:00

Synopsis:

Kang Cho-Hong works as a delivery woman for a Korean food restaurant. She is a witch and she always finds herself in the business of others.

Note:

"Witch's Love" will replace Wed. & Thu. 23:00 time slot previously occupied by "Rich Man"

Cast:

Yoon So He as Kang Cho Hong

Hyun woo as Ma Seong Tae 

source: asianwiki

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Viu,Dramafever, ) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/23/yoon-hee-confirmed-new-mbn-drama/?utm_source=recommended-articles&utm_medium=RIT2&utm_campaign=recommendations

Update: Hyun Woo And Yoon So Hee Confirmed To Lead New MBN Drama

Hyun-Woo-Yoon-So-Hee.jpg

Hyun Woo will be returning with a new drama!

On May 24, a source from MBN revealed, “Hyun Woo is confirmed to play the male lead Ma Sung Tae in ‘Witch’s Love’ (literal title).”

It was previously revealed that Yoon So Hee will be playing the female lead Kang Cho Hong.

In the mystery romantic comedy about witches exploring romance, Hyun Woo’s character Ma Sung Tae is a model-like man who is living with pain due to a mysterious incident from his childhood.

“Witch’s Love” is set to premiere in July following the conclusion of “Rich Man, Poor Woman.”

Source (1)

Original Article:

Actress Yoon So Hee will be appearing in a new drama!

On May 23, a source from MBN said, “Yoon So Hee is planning to appear in the new drama ‘Witch’s Love’ (literal title). It will air in July as the follow-up drama to ‘Rich Man, Poor Woman.'”

“Witch’s Love” will be a mystery romantic comedy that tells the stories of witches as they explore romance. Yoon So Hee will play the role of a rice soup delivery person and a nosy witch named Kang Cho Hong.

This will be Yoon So Hee’s comeback to dramas one year after she last appeared in MBC’s “The Emperor: Owner of the Mask.”

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/27/vixxs-hongbin-join-yoon-hee-hyun-woo-upcoming-drama/

VIXX’s Hongbin To Join Yoon So Hee And Hyun Woo In Upcoming Drama

Hongbin-Yoon-So-Hee-Hyun-Woo.jpg

VIXX’s Hongbin will be starring in a new drama!

On May 28, it was reported that Hongbin will be appearing in upcoming MBN drama “Witch’s Love.”

In response, a source from MBN commented, “VIXX’s Hongbin is confirmed to star in ‘Witch’s Love.'”

Hongbin has been cast in the role of Hwang Jae Wook, a webtoon illustrator.

“Witch’s Love” is a mystery romantic comedy about witches exploring romance. It was previously revealed that Yoon So Hee will play Kang Cho Hong, a soup delivery woman and a nosy witch, and Hyun Woo will play Ma Sung Tae, a model-like man who is living with pain due to a mysterious incident from his childhood.

The drama will premiere in July following the conclusion of “Rich Man, Poor Woman.”

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Witch's Love, 마녀의 사랑 - Cast: Yoon So Hee & Hyun Woo - Wed & Thu @ 23:00 KST - Premiers in July

Thank you @0ly40 , for starting the thread. Thank you and everyone else here for your contributions.

I still need to watch episode 2.  (probably tomorrow)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2PM’s Junho Sends Yoon So Hee Coffee Truck On “Witch’s Love” Set

Junho-Yoon-So-Hee-XPN.jpg

2PM’s Junho surprised Yoon So Hee by sending a coffee truck to the set of her new drama “Witch’s Love”!

On July 26, the actress shared a photo of herself posing in front of the truck and wrote, “Thank you, oppa. I enjoyed drinking [the coffee]!” She added in the hashtags, “The generous,” “Junho oppa,” “is cool.”

The message on the coffee truck’s banner reads, “So Hee!! It’s hot, so drink this and stay strong! Cheering on actress Yoon So Hee and the entire cast and crew of the drama ‘Witch’s Love.’ From Junho.”

Junho and Yoon So Hee became close friends when they starred together in the 2016 tvN drama “Memory.”

Yoon So Hee is currently starring in MBN’s new fantasy romance “Witch’s Love,” which is available exclusively on Viki. 

source

BTW, I loved her with Junho in "Memory." They were awesome together.

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Witch's Love, 마녀의 사랑 - Wed & Thu @ 23:00 KST

First Impressions:
Witch's Love

Witch%2527s+Love.jpg

A guilty pleasure drama about a modern-day Witch and her desire for love. It's fun, weird, and another fresh concept for the summer. 

Generations of Witches have been living in Seoul, being able to entice humans in whatever they set their sights on but Kang Cho-Hong (Yoon So-Hee) grapples with financial concerns when Director Ma Sung-Tae (Hyun Woo) decides to buy the restaurant her fellow Witches have been running that is both their means of business and home. 

No one knows it's a secret place, the soup they serve a magical concoction while Sung-Tae has deep-rooted reasons to gain ownership of their restaurant and home, a mysterious childhood trauma linked to his past.To complicate things and establish the idea of destiny is webtoon Illustrator, Hwang Tae-Woo (Lee Hongbin) who's obsessed with the magical soup the Witches cook up and knows Cho-Hong.

photo988113.jpg

The reception has been fairly positive for this drama, which is rare considering how it checks off everything that makes a show cliché and although I say this, the concepts presented in it aren't all that cliché. There's a uniqueness to the drama but it still has me classifying it as minimally tawdry. I'm trying to be nice here because it does have elements to it that are pleasant and gives off a good feeling as you watch the first two episodes. I'll even go the extra mile and say this drama's premiere has done a better job than Rich Man, Poor Woman and I make the comparison because they're both MBN-Viki productions.

Spoiler

40b8b3c9351bb7b9d9e20d5b0397cc0bb3cbe03c

Read more HERE

I started to watch this without any expectations and now I quite like it! I always enjoy Yoon Soo Hee's performances and in Witch's Love she is a cool badass witch :D I like supernatural elements in dramas so this one works for me. She and Hyun Woo's character are definitely going to have love-hate relationship :D For now I watched episode 1 and I am really curious why young wounded Sung Tae was wandering alone in the rain during the night. What did exactly happen to him? 

After watching "What is Wrong with Secretary Kim", I was looking for something a little different to watch. With no expectations (because Secretary Kim exceeded any K-drama expectations) I started to watch this drama.  So far, I am pleasantly surprised; I liked the first two episodes. I will stick with it for a while to see how the plot develops.

I was also pleasantly surprised. The characters are all likeable to watch.  Light fantasy dramas are always a favorite of mine! Thumbs up! 

Spoiler

I’m also enjoying the epilogues of each episode. It’s rather different than other typical kdramas because you see ‘evil’ characters given  their just desserts! 

The only problem is how short the episodes are....

In the synopis is written that Sung Tae will live with our three witches. I wonder why XD I mean I know that he wants to solve the mystery from his childhood but living with them is the solution? hahaha Anyway there will be more hilarious scenes between Cho Hong and Sung Tae. They have pretty good dyamics. I am looking forward to the next episode :D I want to know if he took seriously her confession that she is a witch ;)  

I was on the fence for the first 3 episodes of this show. Something kept me from getting fully interested in the characters and the story. But epi 4 just did the work the previous 3 didn't and sucked me right in. Maybe it was the drunken laments about betrayal or the cohabitation which resulted in Ma Sung Tae getting more involved in Cho Hang's life and affairs, but it worked for me. It may be a bit unbelievable that despite his initial actions Ma Sung Tae suddenly cares enough to follow Cho Hang when she seems distressed but whatever... it kick started the romance. It also resulted in him kicking that jerk MinSoo's butt. I loved that scene when he found Cho Hang all over the manga writer and misunderstood the situation and ran away so fast he was blur....then as soon as Cho Hang comes out he got all jealous and accused her of being a player....crying over one guy the day before and seducing other one the next. But more than anything my favorite was the scene after that when Cho Hang gets in his face and says "You like me, don't you....thats why you are behaving like this. If you like me then come out and say it directly. But I'm sorry I can't accept your feelings....you're not my style". Totally leaving Ma Sung Tae a stuttering mess.....and I loved the fist pump she did as she walked away.

So the supposed dark witch gave her fake elf ears to wear and look for her fated one...who will never betray her and may bring her powers back. So now basically she's haunting the malls and crowded streets all day to find her fateful lover wearing those ears. And all she's gained til now is lots of weird looks and one single approving look and a pointy witch hat from a cosplayer.

I think she can't hear anything when she wears them but if she hears someone's voice through those ears that person will be her fated one....this is all my guess. 

On 7/31/2018 at 12:35 AM, chatterbox22 said:

In the synopis is written that Sung Tae will live with our three witches. I wonder why XD I mean I know that he wants to solve the mystery from his childhood but living with them is the solution? hahaha Anyway there will be more hilarious scenes between Cho Hong and Sung Tae. They have pretty good dyamics. I am looking forward to the next episode :D I want to know if he took seriously her confession that she is a witch ;)  

I think the reason he wants to stay in the house is because he doesn't have the full memory of the time he was kept there as a child. And the little he remembers has traumatized him to give him nightmares every night. He wants to know what happened to him in that house and who it was that brought him there. Living in the house gives him access to search the place and maybe discover something that might answer his questions.

Archived