[Drama 2018] The Guest, 손

jeijei

@aoikarin Are you still accepting fan vids? This is a smash up of quite a few works they both did haha.

Based on what I observed the story is about:

Roughly along the the lines of they wanted to get married, but something happened,  (Choi Yoon) becomes a ghost and protected (Hwa Pyung) Then this superior orders to kill (Hwa Pyung) and so (Choi Yoon) becomes Moo Tae Gu...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000688351

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=016&aid=0001464571

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=047&aid=0002208889

Above link are the full interviews of our two main casts. They talked about their past, now and their future plans. The articles received a lot of likes and comments from the netizens. I am not good in korean too. It was hard to translate about the contents. :lol:

On 11/9/2018 at 1:00 AM, aoikarin said:

@sushilicious the fan art link you gave us is awesome!!! Thank you dear.. now i'm dancing along with KDW.. Hahahahaha.  He has lots of energy and look at that hips twisting.. :joy:

Haha yea I remember seeing a few things with his hip action like masked singer and in this video at 2:10 and 3:04.  I read something recently how we always see idols go into acting, but not other way around or it is rare.  However, if there was a list KDW was suggested on top of list that he would debut as successful idol.

If anyone is interested to follow and read, I roleplay as Mo Taegu and other roleplay as Matteo then we're interacting.

http://lacrimosa-suit.tumblr.com/tagged/choiyoon

I should've given it the title "Angel and Demon" or "Saint and Satan" [laughs]

Wanting to make a crossover video like what you guys have shared here, but it'll take more times.

Guest aoikarin
On 11/14/2018 at 8:29 PM, sushilicious said:

@aoikarin Are you still accepting fan vids? This is a smash up of quite a few works they both did haha.

Based on what I observed the story is about:

Roughly along the the lines of they wanted to get married, but something happened,  (Choi Yoon) becomes a ghost and protected (Hwa Pyung) Then this superior orders to kill (Hwa Pyung) and so (Choi Yoon) becomes Moo Tae Gu...

OMOMOMOMO! eternal love! their love beyond deaths!! NICE editing! I really enjoy their fanvids.. thx for sharing! 

16 hours ago, jouleoppa said:

If anyone is interested to follow and read, I roleplay as Mo Taegu and other roleplay as Matteo then we're interacting.

http://lacrimosa-suit.tumblr.com/tagged/choiyoon

I should've given it the title "Angel and Demon" or "Saint and Satan" [laughs]

Wanting to make a crossover video like what you guys have shared here, but it'll take more times.

too bad, i can't open it from my browser 

@weris KJW miss HP so much just like us>>> I really want S2 to happen!! :wub:

@aoikarin are you getting over guest or nah? Cause i know i couldn't.

Every time i see comments on Priest about guest i feel so upset.

Comments like 'The next Choi Yoon'  

Me::bawling:

@weris :bawling: that picture. That was the last picture which HP still have 2 eyes.:bawling:

10 hours ago, aoikarin said:

too bad, i can't open it from my browser 

The story is like this:

Mo Taegu usually visited any church near in the city wherever he did business, not because he was religious, but because he felt like he gain an affirmation that God allows him to do lawlessly anything; like his father cleaning up his murder, like the chief of Police covering up his crime; and he wanted to see that every place is the same. But in a certain church, he met someone who has similar (even identical) facial feature as him that people could resemble them as twin. The man was a Priest --the first Priest who ever greeted him, the name is Matteo. Thus, Taegu was interested in him (the similar interest as of how he's attracted to Kang Kwon Joo). He decided to play a game with The Priest.

In the confession room, he then confessed about his hobby of murdering people and treating them like playing a toy. He knew enough that A Faithful Priest like Matteo is ready to die like a martyr so murdering him wouldn’t be fun. Instead of torturing Matteo physically, Taegu would rather torture his soul by keep visiting after he’s murdering someone, showing the blood on his hands and his kettlebell, or proudly present that he used Bible Quote in the murder scene to justify it, or terror him by giving a part of his victim’s body in box of gift. He told his "Mirror" to stop him if he really didn’t wanna let more innocent people die--he even challenged to be exorcized but of course, it didn't work. He said the only way to stop him is by Matteo killing him and he wouldn’t defend himself if it happened. He also threatened if Matteo’s friends (Hwa Pyung and Gilyoung) ever tried to stop him because he's too coward, he’d kill them. Of course, if Matteo ever desperately did it, Taegu won because what he wanted is to crush The Priest’s faith.

NOTED: Mo Taegu’s fate here is same as VOICE’s ending. After being arrested by Moo Jin Hyuk and Kang Gwon Joo, he was sent to mental hospital and Matteo take the turn to visit him regularly. Although The Priest genuinely helped him to repent, the visitation torture him as he keeps begging Matteo just to kill him…. and he finally died by the hand of another patient someday.

That's the summary, tho' my roleplaying interaction so far is still set in their first meeting. Maybe someone could make the fanmade video about this?

Guest aoikarin

@sushilicious I'm trying so Hard! That I stopped myself to come visit this forum.. but again I saw you and some friends still writing in this forum, I can't help but to come back here.. *BIGHUGS* Yes.. I saw KJW's IG too.. I think I really really really miss the trio so much! I  don't even start to watch a new kdrama until now.. but just to finish watch the ongoing drama that I've been watching along the Guest WITH LACK INTEREST..I've been listening the guest OST.. the first one and the OST for Choi Yoon... I really hope there's a news about about making the guest S2.. just like the God's QUIZ have their 5th season. For the Priest? I haven't give it a thought to try to watch it.. just like you I'm still stuck with Choi Yoon, the HANDSOME priest. Do you know that I even imagine the season 2, the trio becomes Ghost busters.  I want Hwa pyung become a rich shaman for S2. HAHAHA I saw his fanart with a beautiful clothes of Shaman... I can see how gorgeous KDW in that outfit. Choi Yoon can go back work as a normal priest, and he will be HP's loyal trusted brother. I want Gil Young quit her job and work as private investigator and Hwa Pyung let her and CY live off him (time for payback what hyung give to Hwa Pyung) I want GY keeep her tsundere attitude, harsh to anyone but very gentle only to CY and HP. LOL... Now I need more fanart though.. 

@jouleoppa whoooaaa sounds very interesting the story! I loveeee eeet.. while I'm reading the fanfic, the face of MTG popped up along with CY's face.. If you have time, I don't mind if you continue the story and share it here.. :kiss_wink:

@aoikarin Funny thing, I think I wanted something different than yours. But yours is pretty good :grin:

(If they continue S1)

I see that PID is dead and A new ‘Sohn’ will arrive, Because PID is dead in HP’s body, his residue will remain in HP’s body causing him to become different. The new ‘Sohn’ will arrive and the way they kill people are pretty gruesome. The trio will come back to fight the new ‘Sohn’

I thought of:

HP as the representation of Evil (But he is not evil, just that his ways are more violent.) 

-He has the capabilities of the Psychic still

-He can communicate to the spirits(Spirits Without a body)

-He have some sort of powers (PID’s residue)

-He May pick up PID’s habits as well (Happy about death/Drinking water/Smiling eeriely)

CY As the representation of Good

-He is still a priest

-But He is not as ‘Clean/Pure’ anymore after all those exorcism 

-He will keep HP at bay if HP ever go out of hand with his actions

GY As the representation of Balance 

-She is Violent and Nice at the same time

-She could still be a policewoman 

So for sidekick: 

I could think of:

A Psychic Nun for CY

-Have psychic abilities 

-Hate/Scared of HP (PID’s Residue)  

-Help to also control HP

:)Welp, that is how far I went. :) 

Guest aoikarin

@sushiliciouswhooaa sounds very very very interesting! it's like Bad guys already.. HP is bad guy who released to caught all the bad evil there! But tbh I don't want CY to have another sidekick other than HP... he is the best HP's sidekick already.. and the bromance :love::love: no girl can interrupt them... I love Gil Young since she's the mother hen of the two boys.. S2.. Please make it obvious bromance.. hotter and more skinships kkkkkkkkk *wipedrools*

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3055771

Aww felt bad KDW had nightmares and stuff, but I guess I would too being surrounded by that subject all the time.  I guess that why he is relieve it's over and wanted to rest.  I thought he was done with Along with the Gods after part 2 .  Why are people expecting him in part 3 and 4?  If he is in it, I wonder in what way.  

On 11/17/2018 at 9:11 PM, aoikarin said:

@jouleoppa whoooaaa sounds very interesting the story! I loveeee eeet.. while I'm reading the fanfic, the face of MTG popped up along with CY's face.. If you have time, I don't mind if you continue the story and share it here..

Just a note, the writing style here is different because it's written by two roleplayers.

Spoiler

Choi Yoon:

tumblr_inline_phuw33TMrp1ug2xh3_1280.gif

The atmosphere of the church was peaceful, quiet as few people prayed within the sanctuary. As he made his way to the front of church, something inside Mateo made him pause a few pews before he’d reach a lone man. He didn’t quite seem to be praying in the traditional sense of kneeling, but Mateo couldn’t make any judgments about what another did in church. What thoughts or prayers might be passing through their head no matter how they sat. 
        As he drew a little closer, the natural light coming in through the windows landed on the man’s face and it took all of Mateo’s mental and physical strength not to gasp at what was before him.
        In the pew sat a man whom so strongly resembled Mateo that if they both looked in a mirror, no one would know who was who. 
        Unsure of what to do, he took a deep breath through his nose and tried to shake the obviously rattled expression he had to be wearing. 
        Mateo moved quietly into the pew behind his double’s and rested his hands on the back of it. Making just enough sound to ensure that he didn’t startle the other as his appearance had the priest. 
        “Hello,” he greeted in a soft and slightly strained voice. 

Mo Taegu:

Even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you. ( Psalm 139:12 )

For an evil to seek a solace, even a church is the best place. He was allowed to enter, to sit, to face the altar, to observe a statue–the motionless figure that can’t do anything to prevent him to step in the holy place. The smirk on his face is a silent mocking as he was confessing unspokenly because God must hear it. He was here to report that he had done his job to determine people’s fate; who could continue to live and who must die. The sins are various; one heard something that should not be heard, one spoke something that is forbidden, one just wasted their life in the street, etc. But he wasn’t a grim reaper in human version whom God orders him to, he isn’t lower than that. 

Not moving, He waited as he challenged the giant cross in front of him to punish him out, burn him, let him meet Satan. But nothing happened. And he was satisfied. Just like Bible is just a book, but as people follow it as their rules of life so it means if he picked a sentence to base his action for, then he must be allowed too. Yeah, his dad had allowed him to do anything since he was a kid, the chief of police also allows him to do anything too (by him bribing them)….. and you see the light shining on his position? even God blesses him.

It seems he’s drowning on himself, enjoying it as he isn’t unaware of the few parishes’ presences. But he noticed someone sitting down right in the pew behind him. He was just a bit surprised someone has enough courage to greet him.

tumblr_inline_phxb5qhmkf1vky40k_1280.gif

“Hello,” he gave a glimpse of looking back, greeting back in a low tone under a hiss and crackling jaw sound. “You talk to me, Father?”

Spoiler

His eyes remained on him as he took one inhale and let it out through his nose. A lame attempt at soothing whatever the feeling he was feeling, but it gave Mateo enough leeway to push the feeling aside for the time being to hold a conversation with the parishioner.
        “Yes,” he answered, linking his fingers together on the back of the pew. 
         Even though he’d been the one to approach, Mateo hadn’t thought through what he planned to do when it came time to speak. Thinking before he acted hadn’t been thought of until after the fact. 
         Mateo let a few seconds pass by looking at the cross straight ahead of them, to give himself time to form words and say a small prayer of guidance.

tumblr_inline_phxyfge8391ug2xh3_1280.gif

“Is this the first time you’ve come to this church?” Mateo asked, “I don’t believe I’ve seen you before, but I might have missed you in the past.” 

“This church?” Taegu paused. He came to think this was not the first time he entered this sacred place. Like everyone who could do praying in every mosque, synagogue, temple, every place of each religious people have faith for; he didn’t limit himself to pick a single church to visit. But he always got the same answer, that is no respond from God or any symbol of Him ever pay of what he did. 

Every place is just the same. But still, he wanted to test it and that’s why he was here. The God in this place also give him permission. Is testing God easier than testing human? Because he needed to expand his business out of Sungwun first to test if different Chief of Police in other area also “permit” him. At least, his Dad had negotiated new project with Minister of Public Transportation. It’s just a matter of time to rule this country, right? Though, what he cared the most isn’t how money would flood their account.

…but to keep his desire of spilling blood.

tumblr_inline_phz18dutt01vky40k_1280.jpg

“Yes, it is. But no Priest ever greets me before, he replied, still haven’t seen the full face of the person sitting behind him. “What makes you take that action, Father? Do I look like someone who repents?” 

Spoiler

The question was one he heard only from those who definitely wouldn’t and didn’t repent. The reluctance of those who had animosity against the Lord and church. It made Mateo curious what someone with such feelings do by coming there. 
         “Anyone looks like as they might be someone who repents,” Mateo answered, his posture relaxing a little though he remained on guard. “Are you someone who repents?”
         Asking that alone without much rhyme or reason made him feel like some of the older priests he’d met and how they act. The feeling wasn’t necessarily good or bad, but it was there regardless.
         Whether or not the man was someone who repented, one thing Mateo wanted to know was what drew him there that day? 

tumblr_inline_pi1cg23vDN1vky40k_1280.gif

Taegu laughed softly hearing that answer. He wanted to do it loudly but he’s still sane to know what place it is and didn’t mean to draw others’ attention. Did the priest approach him only to utter that richard simmons? Or maybe, something in him made the priest interested at?

“No, I’m not,” he replied blatantly. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not even he ever think about it. But maybe, he needed to let the man behind him know his true self. No thought to unleash the demon inside but this would be fun.

Yeah, he’d be happy to welcome those who are “interested” at him… like a certain female cop with super hearing ability. And like the “special” relationship with her, he wouldn’t just end this meeting easily too.

tumblr_inline_pi1dmm1sk31vky40k_1280.gif

He then turned his face to look at the priest. “But, Father, I think I want to make a confession.”

Spoiler

So, the man stopped into the church out of mere curiosity, then? Given that he wasn’t there to repent. Another thing that happened often enough, but the way he responded with he had a confession made Mateo feel sordid. How that managed to happen when he had no idea what the man was confessing to, Mateo had no idea. And something he couldn’t shake off easily either. 
        Perhaps he was jumping to assumptions of some nature. Thinking ahead of himself when it was natural to want to make some sort of confession when a person did something WRONG.

tumblr_inline_pia9fvLgXe1vky40k_1280.gif

“Shall we move to somewhere more private?” Mateo said, glancing in the direction of the confessionals but stayed otherwise unmoved. 

tumblr_inline_pia8sst3491vky40k_1280.gif

Taegu looked at his “mirror” and observe him. He wasn’t shocked to see a soft version of him but curious if that was a God’s answer to him. The possibility of two people having the same eight facial features is less than one in one trillion people. But of those trillion, is it a God’s joke to create a doppelganger as A SAINT for A SINNER?

Corrected, he wasn’t a sinner. He didn’t feel he did anything WRONG.

What he would confess isn’t made for atonement. He’d like to get to know this interesting Priest more and what his next reaction is. Normal people would be freak out but this man must be different from the common herd, and that’s what he searched. The world would be boring if these people didn’t exist and he didn’t like easy game, those who died instantly once he smashed their head. He wanted to play a fun one to pull the prey getting closer, feeling connected, giving them his “compassion”, before he finally drained their blood until the last drop.

Oh, well, the last one is an option. His decision depends on how his prey behave. Once again, he’d be sad if they’re just immovable despite the fear. He didn’t need them to be a victim, what he wanted is a toy. 

tumblr_inline_pia92gQgFW1vky40k_1280.gif

“Yes, Father,” he stood up and spruce his suit. “just YOU and ME.”

TO BE CONTINUED....

Hi everyone. It's very regretful that I come to this forum very late. I only binged watched the drama after it aired, and even though I finished last week, I cannot move on from these characters! On twitter, I follow Korean fans of this drama, as they still post so much beautiful fanworks such as fanart and gifs. A Korean fan seems to have designed this lovely ring symbolizing Choi Yoon and Hwa Pyung's bond. I would love to buy it, but I can't figure out if she's selling it or not? If someone could help me by doing some sleuth work and finding out whether it's for sale, and for how much, I'd really appreciate it!

Edit: 3 versions, so beautiful! 

On 11/19/2018 at 2:28 PM, phoenix24 said:

Why are people expecting him in part 3 and 4?  If he is in it, I wonder in what way.  

The ending kind of gives it a hint that he might return. So it’s normal for people to expect him to come back. 

It would be very funny if he is the next house god :lol: after Ma Dong Seok.

I just have a bright idea haha. Imagine The Guest & Priest have a spin off :D

Just lurking around to see if somebody got anymore news or goodies relating to TG. I don't remember the last time I was this much attached to a drama. It has been almost a month. 

BTW, I thought once Priest started airing everybody in this forum will be shifting to that thread but it seems like Priest soompi thread is not as much active.

@akiera Ikr, at first when it aired the pilot episode I expected people to flood in but it didn’t really happened.

KDW starred in God’s new MV, yet there are comments on PID & HP still. I can’t haha.

@ellelyana88 I still have it on, wishing that maybe one day someone will post up something about S2. *wish*

The story is so sad omg. But hey, at least we got his eyes back:joy: as one comment said.

Archived