[Drama 2018] The Guest, 손

jeijei

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, akiera said:

Both KDW and KJW's interviews are released right?? I want JEC's sooooon. 

As of now I don’t see KJW’s post drama interview, so I can’t read or translate. But I will once I see it :) But I saw his recent photoshoot photos. He looks great!

1 hour ago, akiera said:

Kjw  interview. I think they are all different ones. @sushilicious

From the  looks of it, yes, one of them I think talks about the history of him,like how he first started acting. (I couldn’t really understand korean, still a newbie)

15 hours ago, sushilicious said:

A better angle of the heart scene

And something about F22 that made everyone laugh (It makes me wonder if KDW knows how to speak English?) There are some videos in which he did spill out some English (There is one that he said  a sentence)

I don’t think there is, considering this particular event isn’t for the press but for the fans instead, and I don’t see a lot of fan videos covering this event.

COVERING AN AFTER DRAMA INTERVIEW FROM KDW

So it’s in Chinese but will try to translate it. (Not all of the articles are with me, so it’s not complete)

(Me while reading it:They are so cute omg) 

So during the filming, the three jokingly talk about season 2 and they discuss on what powers they wanted...(They are like children)

(Another part of the article)

Before hand, the trio already know who PID was. At first, the director and the writer did not wanted them to know. But the three demanded for it or else they won’t shoot. Upon hearing it, the director has no choice but to tell them.

To the question of did HP’s exorcism succeeded? KDW said that he never ask the writer so he doesn’t know, he feels that HP doesn’t know where PID went after. It could still be in HP himself or at the sea or if PID still lives, he himself (KDW) personally also feel that PID actually did not vanish...He could be still around.

Add Ons:

During the interview, it can be seen and heard that KDW is sick and had not recovered from sickness. It was because that exorcism scene, he had to stand in there (Sea)for 8 hours and then it rained and it became cold.

KDW jokes a lot on set too. Because it was physically, mentally tiring. (So boast up the atmosphere with his jokes haha) when he is tired he would just stare at KJW (ah bromance)

KDW stated even though the guest has ended in his opinion, but he feels like it will return, it has not ended. He just doesn’t know when and who he will come back as (Hints of a next season?)

I have mix feelings about maybe KDW knows English.  On the Vlive for Riders (2 episodes).  On one he was singing some English.  On the other his partner was reading English, but he never make any comments to the fans.  Not sure if maybe it's because of his personality.  He thought the whole thing was hard/awkward.  It can also be that maybe he's not as confident speaking English.  It can also be maybe he knows little.  Am looking to forward to seeing more of his interviews to see.

4 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

I have mix feelings about maybe KDW knows English.  On the Vlive for Riders (2 episodes).  On one he was singing some English.  On the other his partner was reading English, but he never make any comments to the fans.  Not sure if maybe it's because of his personality.  He thought the whole thing was hard/awkward.  It can also be that maybe he's not as confident speaking English.  It can also be maybe he knows little.  Am looking to forward to seeing more of his interviews to see.

In the interview that I translated I notice that he uses some English words like ‘Bulk Up’ And ‘Refresh’ And There is a interview for With the gods, Ha Jung Woo ask the Chinese interviewer what some Chinese words means. KDW also asked in English “What does (Chines word) mean?” (To me it sounds really fluently and that he doesn’t have any accent) 

Plus, I saw a olive vlog that KDW is in, The person shot the video goes to the sleeping KDW, KDW wakes up and say “Get lost.” 

For reference sake: (I love how they are trying to learn Chinese  always saying 沒有, which is don’t have and then they talk about 秘密which mean secrets and KDW is like Secret don’t have (Literal translate) hahah)

Those that watched Voice S1 one of the story revolves around a hospital harboring homeless people, That hospital is the same hospital that guest uses! I was laughing to myself like “Oh Guest!” Haha

@akiera @Dramanoona @mrsj3n @aoikarin Here’s a little translation for you:

While talking to KJW:

1)Working with KDW after 11 years, The experiences he is experiencing now is different than what it was 11 years ago. By working with KDW, it kind of gives him a throwback as to how he was 11 years ago when the two were still in their 20s. When they are filming, they will be serious but when they are not they play a lot.

2)He stated that The Bromance was never scripted but some how the fans found it and it became a thing. It was never planned (The fans could turn things real quick haha) He also wonders and a little fascinated as to how fans manages to think that way. He thinks that maybe it’s because, KDW , JEC And Himself doesn’t have a love triangle so the fans decided to place him and KDW together to become one pair (He laughs)

3)Talking about possible sequel: He said that the ending indeed looks like they are hinting a season 2, but it’s not confirm.

4)When asked would he be willing to act in the next sequel if there is? He said that he will have to wait till then, to see if he could.

I wonder if JEC have one as well...

Add Ons (Another article)

”Why is there such a sexy priest?” 

KJW: it’s actually the director ‘s idea, as they were shooting the director steps in and says can we make the priest stand out even more, so they play around with the edits to make him look more sexy. In the end it turns out great, thank you all.

At Voice, he plays a devil at guest in plays a kind priest.

I have waited very long to have a chance to play different roles. There is this one point of time in which I receive the same types of roles, I can definitely play different roles than those.  Voice is my break out role, and it allowed me to try out something new.

Sequels? 

If there is a season 2, I will be very happy, everyone waiting for the next season means the drama is a success. At this point of time, I have no other thoughts about it, because in the story, the devil came from everyone’s heart. Trying to destroy it is really hard. Anyways, if this story turns into a animation (?) it would be pretty good.

About KDW

They were ecstatic to see the reaction on the bromance. Because they are both similar in age, work, and even working on the same project so they understand each other. The only regret is if they could work together earlier it would be great. While filming, he feels like he is filming with a very special someone. Compared to 11 years ago, “HE BECAME MORE MANLIER” (Me:omg) He thinks that maybe KDW is exercising non stop that’s why.

Any aspirations on doing a Romance drama?

Of cause! I want to.

Guest aoikarin
9 hours ago, sushilicious said:

In the interview that I translated I notice that he uses some English words like ‘Bulk Up’ And ‘Refresh’ And There is a interview for With the gods, Ha Jung Woo ask the Chinese interviewer what some Chinese words means. KDW also asked in English “What does (Chines word) mean?” (To me it sounds really fluently and that he doesn’t have any accent) 

Plus, I saw a olive vlog that KDW is in, The person shot the video goes to the sleeping KDW, KDW wakes up and say “Get lost.” 

For reference sake: (I love how they are trying to learn Chinese  always saying 沒有, which is don’t have and then they talk about 秘密which mean secrets and KDW is like Secret don’t have (Literal translate) hahah)

Those that watched Voice S1 one of the story revolves around a hospital harboring homeless people, That hospital is the same hospital that guest uses! I was laughing to myself like “Oh Guest!” Haha

I love how they amused with the words 沒有 and keep say it Mei You so many times.. I found KDW is so cute and adorable.. which is rare for a 35 yo guy being cute :relaxed: especially this one 

and he turned into Red ranger with immerse acting in the BTS after KJW told him that Jae Wook is Blue ranger and Eun Cha is Yellow ranger... His cheeky smile though :tounge_wink:

I remember he's king of adlib in coffee prince.. I believe he did as well in guest.. Check back ep 10 min 22:34.. the scene where he got drunk and CY help him walk to his apartment. I think his adlib "OK".. Then Thank You.. in English.. I believe he knows how to speak English. Maybe not in writings but good enough to communicate as a tourist when he travels. He doesn't sound like a Korean English speaker as well.. (I have some Korean friends with heavy Korean accents when they talk in english). I really wish KDW knows that he has lots of International fans and want him to open his personal SNS and post some caption in english.. just like KJW did .. And I followed JEC's IG.. she's a natural beauty.. I love how beautiful she is without heavy make up and unfiltered picture. I really wish she put caption under her picture... And where's her interview, reporter nims?? :expressionless:

Early Yuk Gwang And Hwa Pyung days (Ahhh Guest!)

@aoikarin They are just so fascinated! I kind of can admit, that learning new things can be fascinating especially when it comes to languages. In that video they said 沒有17 times. And as a Chinese speaker, it’s so cute watching them speaking in Chinese.Haha. Btw, KDW looks good in that outfit. “What does 他并 means?” Just melts my heart a little.

Spoiler

Oppa~ (hehehe)

@aoikarin Yes, I am also waiting for JEC's interview. She seems to be vacationing in Jejudo now. She is really beautiful and has a good fashion sense. Has strong features which is different from usual kdrama beauty standard but for which she also gets criticized.

I wish somebody will sub the bts though.

@aoikarin do you know that KDW have one more movie that has not yet been released? I think it’s releasing next year, it’s a romance movie.

:bawling: Now I’m at that level of feeling uncomfortable when I watch a drama without the trio.

So guess who is binge watching Temperature of Love, Maids, Along with the gods, Antique and Guest etc 

(HAHAHA) I can’t get over them! :bawling:

I need to get help i can’t help myself to search for them! It’s a Kdrama bias virus omg! Save me please! 

Unknowingly we have past the first week without Guest. 

Even though we could rewatch it again, the feeling will never be the same like how we once saw. (Not Knowing who is PID, what will happen to the trio etc) 

I just feel so...like...Guest(Drama) is like a part of life,we dedicated our nights for it and it becomes a habit, now that we have to stop our habits,it feels so...weird.  But something that will not change. Is the fans who still waiting in Hopes for a season two!Woohoo!

Anyone wonders what did they do to PID’s body? (Saw this comment)

i'm glad i waited until the drama was done so i can binge watch. The story, acting, filmography was great. one of the best dramas for this year. OCN never disappoints in delivering great dramas. Love the bromance between CY and HP. Hope there will be season 2.

Somehow Fate doesn’t want me to stop posting here

http://www.tellerreport.com/life/--"i-wanted-to-give-up-acting"------kim-dong-wook-.BJg1YogE6m.html

this is another article I found, Apparently KDW wanted to give up acting entirely before he got selected for With the gods. (Lucky, that he didn’t or else we won’t get Guest the same way he gave us) :grin:

finally finished the last 5 eps all in one day! Awesome drama had me on the edge of my seat, and the emotional OSTs/background music... Mateo's evil laughing surprised me :o 

Is that abandoned building in ep 13 the same one from Mistress? It makes me think they used the same forest too. I knew the detective guy was fishy when he showed up in the car, the way he talked felt weird. It was sad when Yook Gwang died, he was my favourite supporting character :( I find it odd Priest Yang cleaned the entire room but didn't bother wiping the blood off the murder weapon/burying it in the forest too :huh: but I guess the writers must leave Kil Young a clue that the woman was attacked. I wonder why the last episode was rated 19.

The final hand holding scene reminds me of The Creation of Adam painting, love their bromance! not surprised PHJ is still around, maybe she will be the next PID if there's season 2. 

16 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

So they did a supporting cast interview...Where is eun chae's?!

I don't think we will get an interview for Jung eun chae. Which is sad considering every one's including the pd's and the supporting cast's interview is released. She did  a magazine photo shoot with 1stlook and they were asking the viewers to sent the questions they want to ask her. 

BTS 

Archived