[Drama 2018] The Guest, 손

jeijei

GY is calling people. She meets a cobbler and asks about PID and the cobbler reveals something to her.

HP goes to aboji's place and aboji brings him in. [I found aboji's behaviour strange as he seems to be more welcoming to HP] Aboji says something to HP and apolgises. He says that haraboji is PID! {WHAAAAAAAATTTT}

HP asks where is haraboji. Aboji brings out his knife {he loves that knife!} and HP asks his aboji how he knows about haraboji.

The building manager knocks on the door and tells aboji that there is a phone call. He goes out and leaves HP in the room.

No one was on the line but there were mutterings and gibberish coming out from the phone. [I suppose if HP can see what the evil minions are doing, I am sure they can see what he is doing - and now he has revealed where his aboji is]

Aboji is now possessed (actor is so good because you can see his change in behaviour when he was possessed). Aboji heads back to his room. The manager threatens aboji about payment or he'll call the police. Aboji looks at a fire extinguisher in the corner. [Uh oh]

HP sees through his aboji's eyes and sees what he has done to the building owner. Aboji is headed back to the room.

HP receives a call from GY and aboji is behind him [me screams!] Aboji swings the fire extinguisher at HP. Aboji speaks in the raspy voice and talks about blaming HP for his wife's death etc. 

END

An informative preview - it looks like next episode, we will see HP and his aboji's story.

Overall - another good episode which I think will be better with subs. I will be back for discussions tomorrow after I have watched the episode again.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a who's-PID game now. Father Yang is a heavy drinker, a funny interpretation of PID's penchant for water. Haraboji witnessed the possession 40 years ago.  HP's dark side has not been unleashed yet. This is Answer Me Horror Version. 

On 10/11/2018 at 4:37 PM, jeijei said:

It's a who's-PID game now. Father Yang is a heavy drinker, a funny interpretation of PID's penchant for water. Haraboji witnessed the possession 40 years ago.  HP's dark side has not been unleashed yet. This is Answer Me Horror Version. 

@jeijeiHmmmmm, you are right, am waiting for subs but my question was, where did Haraboji go? Funny that whenever HP gets the psychic vibes Haraboji also does. And when Aboji went to use the public phone, Haraboji voice was on the phone and Aboji got possessed from there. Another week to wait. Hope Mateo is prepared. 

O M G

Earlier part of the story was pretty sad for HP.

To have his own father saying he is not his son. My heart broke to thousand pieces for HP.:cry:

That look he had.. poor HP!

Episode 10 isn't that scary spooky till I need to watch my back.

But it's still pretty suspenseful to me as now we are wondering if HP's grandfather is indeed PID or just another possessed poor soul. 

So we are back to square one.

We have a suspect again and yet we still don't know if he is the real PID.

But first, we need to play the "Find the grandpa" game first!:joy:

Another week before we get to watch episode 11!

Aargh!

Highly recommended to watch with subs.

And WHO IS PARK IL DO begins!

I am still suspicious of the Sharing Hands organisation. And who does haraboji meet each time he heads out to the city. Plus what did Lee Sang Chul tell GY about Park Il Do?

Sigh.

What we know so far:

-We know that, in fact, 20 years ago, Hwa Pyung’s Grandfather also have a part in the strangulation of Hwa Pyung(Luckily it did not succeed, equally I felt that Hwa Pyung lives in place where everyone has their mask on in front of Hwa Pyung.)

-Grandfather have been lying to The trinity(Hwa Pyung w/ his past, Choi Yoon and Gil Young’s questions)

-We are starting find out more about Park Ll Do.(Which is great.)

-Grandfather is very suspicious(For now, I think that the chances of Priest yang being Park Ll Do is quite low, back to the drawing board.)

-Hwa Pyung’s Father is going to kill him, due to the hatred

Hwa Pyung has the worst fate and luck! Having a village that hates and scared of him, having his closest family member, calling him that “You are not my son.” And having his grandfather lying to his face for years. (Strangulation and Bus fare.)

I think that sadly enough, His father will die. I don’t think they will be able to save him. I just have this feeling that, this will happen and Hwa Pyung’s dark side will appear. I can’t wait! 

Grandfather! I kind of like him in the drama though :( please don’t be evil.

1 hour ago, Dramanoona said:

Plus what did Lee Sang Chul tell GY about Park Il Do?

Yeah... that scene frustrates me!

She wouldn't reveal it on the phone and leave us hanging there!!!!

Aargh!

54 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

Grandfather! I kind of like him in the drama though :( please don’t be evil.

I think we all keep forgetting that grandpa is also from the family of shaman.

So that makes him a perfect host as well.

But I just hope grandpa is not evil too.

He has been the pillar for HP so far!:cry:

If he is down, I think that will break HP completely. 

ahh noo, hope that both halaboji and aboji will be safe! i dont want HP to lose his family again!

But there's scene Yang priest told Mateo that all the people came to HP house that day will be under suspicion: HP, halaboji, aboji and Yang priest too!

what if Lee Sang Chul told Kil Young that PID was a priest......

Emotional episode!!! Who the hell is park ll do:crazy::sweatingbullets: feel like pulling my hair...i can't guess anymore lolz...but grandpa and his father both seems possessed:sweatingbullets: 

Can't wait for next week episode... Maybe things will start to clear out!:sweat:

Something's fishy here. My theories never gone any near to be even possible and here is even probable, so something's definitely fishy. 

But I've got this thought. We all assumed that Park Il Do is a superior demon, but what if he is a human, more, he is a medium. A man who is evil, who can see ghost, who can communicate with them and has a dark side. What if it is a person who can order a smaller spirits? The scene with a congreswoman would be more reasonable and that would mean that grandpa is Park Il Do. We technically first heard of the superior spirit from a man, who got possesed. Then this man saw Hwa Pyung, and the kid get sick. Maybe it wasn't Park Il Do either, but a minor spirit. Remember, when kid Hwa Pyung saw the ghost for the first time? Wasn't it near his grandfather? And grandpa was the only one who didn't get fased about it that much? Maybe he saw a succesor and started to prepare him? It'd also explain why grandpa become mad at the father for making Hwa Pyung doubt the only person he trusted. 

That's one creepy theory that I really hope isn't true at all. They chased a superior demon for evil things it done to innocent people and they end up with a human being that was evil and could control order demons. Too creepy. Terrifiying. 

And seriouslly, poor guy. The more you think about it, the worst it goes: he lost almost everyone, those who left either tried to kill him and run away from him or lied through their teeth. Yoon and Gil-Young has it bad, but he is like a walking tragedy. Hope both of his curently developing friendships will help him go through it and win in the end. 

can I just say the actors/actresses were awesome acting as the possessed people :D yes even the psycho congresswoman. When that knife went through the door it scared me :grimace:

That scene was so sad when the husband hugged his son crying with the Somewhere OST playing :cold_sweat: the song sort of reminds me of Black's first OST Take Me Out

Plot Twist: Hwa Pyung and Choi Yoon becomes more than just best friends after the whole ordeal. 

Hahaha Just Kidding :joy:

But i wish though :smirk:

Random Thoughts haha

------

Jokes aside, what if Hwa Pyung gets possessed and he attempts to kill himself to destroy PID but in the turn of events, PID didn't die but Hwa Pyung's soul did (or maybe trapped in his own body) and PID takes the body all to himself...SEASON 2 comes along after. haha. 

hands.png

[The Guest] Ep 10 Kim Dong Wook's father, Yoo Seung Mok gets possessed after picking up the phone

Article: Naver 'The Guest' Kim Dong Wook's father, Yoo Seung Mok gets possessed! plot twist ending 'shock' 

1. [+155,-1]
It feels like I'm watching a movie whenever I watch it. It's to the point that I want to collect them all and watch them at once. Going to be difficult to wait till next week.. Everyone did well in their acting and the drama is well-made. 

2. [+98,-2]
Yesterday's episode totally gave me goosebumps... There aren't any scary scenes, but I had goosebumps at the end when the grandfather went to look for his son... The father is so pitiful...

3. [+43,-2]
As it goes on, this is the first time they used telemarketing to possess someone. 

4. [+38,-0]
He shouldn't say it.... 

5. [+17,-0]
This is really interesting. 

6. [+11,-0]
Don't you find Ahn Nae Sang's role too minor..? I feel like the real him will appear during the climax.. as Park Il Do... 

7. [+10,-0]
This is the first time I have totally no idea and can't predict things in a drama. I don't know who exactly is Park Il Do. 

8. [+10,-0]
Yesterday's episode was really fun. It's a really good masterpiece~ 

Spoiler

guest10.png

Article: Naver 'The Guest' Kim Dong Wook x Yoo Seung Mook, a sad reunion between father and son 'explosion of feelings' 

1. [+211,-1]
The editing of the grandfather's and father's lies was amazing. 

2. [+165,-4]
To be honest, an actor like Kim Dong Wook is really the top. 

3. [+108,-3]
Jeon Moo Song is Park Il Do. As expected, he wouldn't do minor roles.... Anyway, Yoo Seung Mok's acting was so good. I was anxious watching him act all nervous. 

4. [+76,-3]
Ah, please let Hwa Pyung be happy. ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+64,-2]
Park Il Do is the priest. Not Choi Yoon... Go to the homepage and look at the introduction. An important character like Park Il Do won't be done by a supporting character. It's the high priest... He has no screen time, but he's sitting there relaxed with the casts... It's fishy... 

6. [+35,-0]
It was so scary, really. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ  Scary, but I'm curious who Park Il Do is, so I'm watching it. 

7. [+34,-1]
So in the end, Gil Young paid the bill. 

8. [+28,-2]
The scriptwriter worked really hard in confusing people today. The grandfather isn't Park Il Do, he bought the bus tickets because he wants to look for his son without his grandson knowing. Ahn Nae Sang is Park Il Do. Don't get confused. 

cr

----------------

p/s: most of knets stated between Priest Yang or HP's grandpa is the real PID? 

Spoiler

this getting confused as hell :neutral:

On 10/12/2018 at 11:47 AM, mrsj3n said:

I think we all keep forgetting that grandpa is also from the family of shaman.

So that makes him a perfect host as well.

Yook Gwang is also a possible host

They may be chasing more than one demon. The little girl said the man has no right eye but the demon that congress woman met has both eyes.  Also when HP got possessed, he still saw something at the corner of the room.

My crazy thought is what if Park II Do actually is a good guy that can seal the power of the thing that come from the east sea. :P

finally apply to watch latest episodes. 4 episodes staight through. I really like the kid actress and all the actors/actress who plays the possessed. 

I really don't know who is park il do. I mean I go back and forth between priest Yang ang hp grandfather or maybe HP is possessed. I mean why he sees the evil acts of the person of possessed. 

17 hours ago, jaydendoji said:

Yook Gwang is also a possible host

They may be chasing more than one demon. The little girl said the man has no right eye but the demon that congress woman met has both eyes.  Also when HP got possessed, he still saw something at the corner of the room.

My crazy thought is what if Park II Do actually is a good guy that can seal the power of the thing that come from the east sea. :P

That can be possible. And if it true, it'll be the huge plot twist

so i started watching this show yesterday. I read a lot about amazing twists and turns.. while everything else in the drama is A++,, twists are hardly there, it is predictable

And i don't see how anyone else can be Park Ill do except the head priest

When in HS as a kid, PID got way too excited to "have found his faith", because someone super powerful who can't be touched attracted him- Priest's brother was too weak for PID to get excited, so definitely it was the head priest that caught his attention.

He is the only character in entire drama universe who actually thinks HJ is a good person. Fake much.

And he has already given the explanation of how a body long possessed is too evil to be blocked by church

Since i watched it all together, from the moment he has reappeared, initial scenes with priest (when he is enquiring about his dead brother and PID and taxidriver), this head priest gives way too many surreptitious looks

And i max lol at HJ.. like she is so evil that even though she is powerful, no evil spirit considers entering her..  this is worse than hwayugi :P

Ques remains how wil PID be killed 

Archived