[Drama 2018] Let me introduce her / If it's her / About Her, 그녀로 말할 것 같으면

0ly40

On 9/20/2018 at 1:01 PM, bebebisous33 said:

I have been thinking about the ending: in the fairy tale "Bluebeard", the villain dies at the end because the brother of his wife came to her rescue and killed him. So in my opinion, in this story KCK will die... but not literally. 

He will lose his status as celebrity anchor and he can't even become the CEO of EF Group as it would endanger the company. He will disappear from the public eyes. I hope and sense  that he won't succeed with his suicide attempt

@bebebisous33Well in the preview, from how I see it, seems Jung who has fallen off her rocker, has taken over the control of the mansion. We don't see where Chairwoman Min is but we see Dara alone, and she locked herself in a room and on her phone calling EH. Crazy Jung is shown fantasizing about herself and KCK, she is shown putting on jewelry of EH, lying in the bed talking to a non existent KCK and imagining KCK in his casuals flirting with Jung. Then we see her looking on at a suited KCK downing a bottle of pills with alcohol seemed like a bottle of whiskey which has a high percentage of alcohol (deadly combo) and then lying down and drowning himself in a bathtub just like the  scene of JEH in the first episodes lying down unconscious in the bath tub. Seems KCK is attempting to die by the way he first orchestrated the "suicide" attempt of EH in the first episode? I am surprised he did not think of cutting his wrists too or that Jung did not think of throwing him the boxcutters. Anyhow, it could be that the sleeping pills he took did not knock him out completely and he gets out of the water or Jung may save him. But, alcohol and drugs alone can cause death because the combination can cause cardiac arrest and stop breathing or slow breathing down to dangerous levels if not treated immediately to stopped breathing plus he drowned himself in the bathtub, the man made sure he will die. But if he dies, it is because in a way, Jung killed him by not helping to prevent it, just like the brother saved the woman in Bluebeard by killing him. If he survives, and not dependent on life saving device such as a respirator, his mother told him that she will send him abroad to seek treatment. Course this is a preview and these are total guesses/speculations. 

Question though is, if this would have really happened will he really lose the public's favor? In this society will he lose his fans or will they defend him? Can he counter the attacks with lawyers and start rumors and smear the victim's reputation and his "oppa women fans" defend him and call the wife the evil woman? Especially when he will make public that he bought the house for the family, paid for the brother's hospital fees and gave them their business to live on? Will the video evidence of the dalliance with female hired help and the wife beating, be enough?   

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@zenya22 @USAFarmgirl Look at the scene 0:18... KCK is wearing his blue glove in front of JSJ and I sense that he will hit her. She always thought that KCK would never hit her as she perceived herself as different and better from JEH. I guess, this will be the moment he realizes his wrongdoing. I also have the impression that KCK will attempt to commit suicide after this scene.

On 9/27/2018 at 11:24 AM, bebebisous33 said:

Look at the scene 0:18... KCK is wearing his blue glove in front of JSJ and I sense that he will hit her. She always thought that KCK would never hit her as she perceived herself as different and better from JEH. I guess, this will be the moment he realizes his wrongdoing. I also have the impression that KCK will attempt to commit suicide after this scene.

OMG you are so right, he is holding his hands wrapped in blue and he approaches JSJ in the same menacing manner. It looked to me like she was imagining them flirting but after watching, freezing the scene and rewatching, Jung looks scared. She really thought she was special that a nut job like KCK will not do to her what he did to EH? So if she gets hit, then she will let him commit suicide?

@zenya22 @USAFarmgirl @Lmangla @alekaonu Since my fall vacation has just started and I have more time, I decided to watch the drama from the start again. Since we know everything, I wanted to know if with this new knowledge we could interpret and perceive the story in a new perspective.

Let me just say that this scene in the second episode caught my attention:

LMIH 2 1.pngLMIH 2 2.png

We wondered if JEH had been attacked before due to this scene. However now I realize the meaning behind this scene. JEH was lying at the hospital and having a dream. On the surface, it looks like a nightmare as she is assaulted by a man. In my opinion, this dream expresses her unconscious, her deepest desire: to fight back against her own husband. Notice that the man who attacks her looks a lot like the anchor KCK. The latter usually wears white shirts with a suit. During this short scene, we see her fighting with all her strength and it seems that she is always able to overthrow her opponent. This shows that deep down, she wished that she could have used her fighting skills against her husband. The second picture shows us a coming punch which reminds us how KCK used to hit her with his punches. So the scene ends, when the man is about to punch her... which actually indicates that her fear is still bigger than her wish to win over her husband. The second picture visualizes the domestic violence she suffered from. Because her "dream" ends with this vision, we can conclude that she is still unable to overcome her fear. To sum it up, this dream and nightmare explains why JEH couldn't fight back her husband in the later episode.

In my next post, I'll write more about president Min because now I perceive all her actions and words in a new perspective. Let me you if you are interested.

13 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

In my next post, I'll write more about president Min because now I perceive all her actions and words in a new perspective. Let me you if you are interested.

@bebebisous33I agree. She fulfills her wish or her goal to fight back in her dreams. Dreams if analyzed well can reveal many things about the dreamer and to the dreamer about themselves, their goals, even sometimes can direct the dreamer into solutions to their problems, or fullfillment of their goals. In EH case, she prepared herself physically but not mentally and psychologically. It would have taken her time to heal with lots of help from professionals, family and friends in a safe environment. Seeing the white gown which her husband had demanded her to wear before he terrorized her and the red cloth wrappings had brought her back to that moment and place where she had no one to help her, jarred her memories into a present psychological event she was not prepared to deal with and paralyzed her into helplessness. 

Please, do share your thoughts on President Min. In the beginning episodes, I had guessed that she was the one who helped EH and directed Dr. Jang to rent the officetel for EH.

8 hours ago, zenya22 said:

@bebebisous33I agree. She fulfills her wish or her goal to fight back in her dreams. Dreams if analyzed well can reveal many things about the dreamer and to the dreamer about themselves, their goals, even sometimes can direct the dreamer into solutions to their problems, or fullfillment of their goals. In EH case, she prepared herself physically but not mentally and psychologically. It would have taken her time to heal with lots of help from professionals, family and friends in a safe environment. Seeing the white gown which her husband had demanded her to wear before he terrorized her and the red cloth wrappings had brought her back to that moment and place where she had no one to help her, jarred her memories into a present psychological event she was not prepared to deal with and paralyzed her into helplessness. 

Please, do share your thoughts on President Min. In the beginning episodes, I had guessed that she was the one who helped EH and directed Dr. Jang to rent the officetel for EH.

Right now, I have just finished watching the episode 5 again and I have to say that I perceive Min's words and actions in a totally different perspective now. She didn't just rent the officetel for JEH. She helped her much more. But first let's focus on her general behaviour in the earlier episodes.

In the first episode, when CY mentions HKW, Min's first words are: "... where did I hear about him?" And this was the clue that doctor Jang had contacted her and told her that JEH would do PS on JEH.

Min is introduced as a typical rich mother-in-law who looks down on her daughter-in-law. Nevertheless her harsh words about JEH were always in front of KCK and the staff. She spoke badly about her daughter-in-law in public letting them think that she despised her. It was just a red herring. Then when she got upset because she saw JEH's favourite flowers, we have to interpret her action like this: she wants to make sure that nothing will remind KCK of his wife JEH. She wants to erase everything about her so that KCK might stop thinking about her. That's why she asks that the mother-in-law's food is thrown away. She ensures to cut ties with JEH and her family so that KCK will stop thinking about her. She acts as if she knew nothing about JEH's whereabouts but at some point, she has to reveal that she knows more... like f. ex. she mentions that JEH never left the country. 

In the introduction, I wrote that president Min helped JEH much more. It seems to me that Min even wanted JEH to get married to HKW. This was the best solution for her. If JEH had found someone else who would protect her and even support her financially, a remarriage would mean the end of her misery with KCK.

Sure, this thought didn't occur to her at the beginning. Let us remember that she had two reasons to open a beauty store in HKW's office. On the surface, it was a deal with CY. But in reality, he was helping JEH hence she needed to help him as well. 

Then after seeing that HKW kept helping JEH suffering from amnesia, Min had every reason to support him even more. Getting rid of his debts would turn him into a good party for JEH. She knew that HKW knew nothing about her but he was still by her side. When HKW asked to meet Min, she agreed. In the episode 4, she is alone with him... JSJ has left the room. President Min says this to him:

"Both men and women need to marry the right person. Once you choose someone, you shouldn't change your mind and you should stay together".

Back then, I was wondering why she would say that to him... was she really thinking about CY and him? Now, it is clear why she said this to him. She was trying to persuade him to get married to JEH. She wanted him to think about marriage. Notice that in the same episode, Min announced to CY that she had met Dr. Han that day and he had said nothing about her (CY). Actually, you can see her strategy. She was already warning CY that HKW had someone else in mind. Then she even asked CY what she did all this time. CY replied that she had been busy with travelling between France and South Korea. Min replied to her: "You might lose him if you take too long. If I had a daughter, I would have gotten him for her". And here we can see that she already has JEH in her mind. It becomes even more obvious later in her conversation with CY:

- "He doesn't seem interested in you at all"

- "He is not the type who would fall for you that easily"

- "I told you, he wouldn't budge"

She kept discouraging CY all this time. She had already set her eyes on HKW. Now, let us analyse the golf scene. In the episode 5, president Min sets up a golf meeting. She is with her son, she has invited CY and HKW. On the surface, it looks like she is doing CY a favour. But after playing together, when they are about to leave, Min kind of pushes HKW to CY. He should leave with CY and go eat something with her. HKW refuses to do so and clearly shows that he wants to have nothing to do with CY. In my opinion, in reality president Min wanted CY to come to her senses and to let her see that the doctor was not interested in her. In her eyes, she clearly sees a man who has already fallen in love with someone else. Striking is that she is also trying to deceive her son as well as she tells him that she had already thought about buying a wedding dress for her (CY). Min: "I guess, this marriage won't happen". Her son invited himself to the golf meeting as he was curious about HKW. And in my opinion, KCK was wondering why Min had such a close relationship with HKW. That's why soon after the golf meeting Min starts pressuring KCK to sign the divorce papers... Notice that right after Jang even calls on the cellphone and hears HKW's voice. Since our beloved doctor has JEH's blue cellphone, he must be close to her. This is a confirmation that HKW and JEH are still together. Later, she visits the family-in-law telling them to have them signed the divorce papers. In my opinion, she is even willing to have them forged the document (JEH's seal). She even announces to JEH's family: "She can never be happy living at our house". It is clear that she is speaking the truth and knows the reason. She wants them to report JEH missing... she hopes that at some point HKW will be called by the police station so that once JEH reunites with her family, she will sign the divorce paper. She knows that JEH's mother knows about the abuse. Her words "She can never be happy living at our house" are a reminder.

The only problem is that she never thought that suffering from amnesia would be an issue for JEH and she never saw JEH's new face. Jang had no idea that JEH went to that VIP personal company in order to enter the mansion and retrieve the cellphone. 

@USAFarmgirl  @Lmangla@alekaonu

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2018] Let me introduce her / If it's her / About Her, 그녀로 말할 것 같으면
On 9/29/2018 at 3:09 AM, bebebisous33 said:

Right now, I have just finished watching the episode 5 again and I have to say that I perceive Min's words and actions in a totally different perspective now. She didn't just rent the officetel for JEH. She helped her much more. But first let's focus on her general behaviour in the earlier episodes.

@bebebisous33comprehensive analysis, thank you.

I think though that President Min did all these for her son, it was always for KCK, not for JEH and the way I see it, she partly blamed JEH for how her son is and did not want to see the ugly aspects of her son, yet felt guilt about how her son came to be. From earlier conversations between JEH mom and JEH, mom said that President Min only took over the business when her husband died. From a conversation between Dr. Jang and Dr. Han about KCK, Dr. Jang said that KCK did not know or had any interactions with the family/relatives of his father just like Dara had no interactions with her mother's family. This is only speculation on my part since there is no background history but only hints from conversations. It maybe that KCK's father was from a working class family and married into a chaebol daughter, President Min. He may have been talented business person who climbed the ranks into upper management and therefore accepted to marry the daughter of a chaebol but he, his wife and children were not allowed to interact with his poorer family. Or it could be the other way around, that President Min was the poor one and her husband's chaebol family did not want to have anything to do with KCK's father, his wife and her family that is why KCK had no interactions with them. President Min was a stay at home wife until her husband died. KCK had shouted to his mother that she had wanted/demanded for him to be the best in everything he does, win awards, A's from his grades,honors went to the best schools etc.and he the son had given his best efforts to fulfill mom's demand and may have pressured from it. Mom may have withheld appreciation, love, encouragement and displayed dismay when he did not fulfill her expectations. Or it could be that it was the father who demanded perfection from the son and got punished when he did not deliver and mom had to push the son inorder for her son not to get punished. Whatever the case maybe something went awfully awry, psychologically and emotionally. KCK was conditioned to be do best and be best and get approval/rewards for it especially from mom. If he did not get it, his ego hurts and he has to punish someone for it just like he was punished. Interestingly, he married someone who is the exact opposite of his mother and their lies the obsession, (just my opinion). Beautiful, ingenue, trusting soul, adoring and when he gets stressed or not get the adoration he wants, she gets to be blamed and punished and yet he can't let her go. And after the "punishment", usually with the obsessed person comes the apologies, flowers, loving gestures, gifts promises to do better and for the object of obsession not to leave then repeat performance. In this drama not only does KCK make promises to EH but also to his mother. I will be a better husband, etc. When he first took his bride home and mom showed extreme disapproval, EH took the brunt of his frustration. President Min did everything to show her disapproval and wanted EH out of the house for her son's sake. She thought that EH will leave on her own if she showed extreme prejudice, but how could EH do that? She was totally broken down, she had no money, no job and nowhere to go. She called EH "that woman" or "that thing". She could have done more to help EH, talked the woman, talked to organizations involved in domestic abuse, how to help EH and her child get away safely. Talked to professionals who could give her perspective on her son's problem. She would have known then that it was not enough to just put her daughter in an officetel because just like in Sleeping With the Enemy, CK asked Jung to hire someone to find her. Except that Jung hired killers. Min paid for EH plastic surgery but even if EH did not have memory loss, did she really think that EH will just leave her daughter in such environment? She showed disapproval of her son's wife and tried to force her son to divorce which had the opposite effect. Her son instead, wanted his bride back to show his mother that he married the perfect bride and mom has to approve of her, like it or not. The way I see it, the struggles between mother and son regarding EH, is a continuation of the struggles between them from when he was growing up and poor EH takes the brunt and suffers the consequences. Maybe Min did not realize it but I think EH suffered more because of her show of disapproval. 

However, it seems she learned from her mistakes and from her conversations with both Dr. Han and Dr. Jang, she is giving her best to help her daughter in law and her grandaughter but I think it is too late for her to do anything for her son. Will he admit that he has a problem and will need help? 

9 hours ago, zenya22 said:

@bebebisous33comprehensive analysis, thank you.

I think though that President Min did all these for her son, it was always for KCK, not for JEH and the way I see it, she partly blamed JEH for how her son is and did not want to see the ugly aspects of her son, yet felt guilt about how her son came to be.

Sure, when she planned to marry off JEH to HKW, her ultimate intention was to help her son. But I doubt that she really blamed JEH for her son's behaviour. Each word she said to JEH in front of her son and the staff shouldn't be taken as face value in my opinion. She played a part letting people think that she knew nothing about the abuse, however she knew. Only much later JEH discovered it. Just like Min acted in front of KCK as if she knew nothing about JEH's whereabouts and why she had left the mansion. All this time, she was acting.

By the way, in an earlier episode, when Min asked him to get rid of the room in the basement, KCK replied the basement  was the reason why he has been living in this house. And now, since we know that this room was used for the abuse, these words underline that his abusive behavior was definitely part of his personality. He would have never changed if he had not moved out of the house. Min should have realized it back then.   

OK, so that suicide attempt was only for show, a pity play. KCK acted depressed in front of Jung and then took the bottle of liqour which he probably diluted with water or tea and went to get the sleeping pills making sure Jung saw what he was doing. Notice that there were more pills scatterred on the floor of the bathroom. He knew to take just enough to make him woozy or half conscious. When he was brought by the ambulance he was breathing on his own. The ambulance workers did not use anything to help him breath. It was more an attempt to manipulate, a last ditch effort to get EH back. Another scheme out of his box of crafty strategies. Before he acted out his plan, he saw Jung going down the basement through the CCTV and said "I trust you to do your part" and Jung acted out exactly how he expected her to do. Panicked, called the ambulance and everyone else. In the meantime, no one even cared that the Chairwoman was being detained for questioning at the police station. He never thought about his daughter witnessing and being confused by the hulabaloo he created. But he did not get the pity party that he was aiming for, instead Dara and mom camped out at Dr. Han's porch. 

22 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Each word she said to JEH in front of her son and the staff shouldn't be taken as face value in my opinion. She played a part letting people think that she knew nothing about the abuse, however she knew.

That I think, is the problem (from how I see it). It is how JEH interprets Min's actions. JEH was a victim of abuse was fearful for her life and her daughter's and in EH view she was being abused by three people and she had no where to go and no one to ask for help. Min exacerbated her fear by her mean behavior and by acting like she did not know, or ignored it or did not care. Min asked Dr. Jang to help who diagnosed her daughter in law as depressed put her on antidepressants and sleeping pills. 5 years in that mansion is a long time for JEH to be tussled back and forth in emergency rooms, mental hospitals, and the basement and for Min to be "acting." It took 5 years for her to do something. In one of the latest episodes, EH confronts her mother in law for not being able to do as she promised, help EH get a divorce and custody of Dara because of her son. She knows what she is talking about because she has 5 years experience of "ommoni" not getting involved. 

17 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

OK, so that suicide attempt was only for show, a pity play. KCK acted depressed in front of Jung and then took the bottle of liqour which he probably diluted with water or tea and went to get the sleeping pills making sure Jung saw what he was doing. Notice that there were more pills scatterred on the floor of the bathroom. He knew to take just enough to make him woozy or half conscious. When he was brought by the ambulance he was breathing on his own. The ambulance workers did not use anything to help him breath. It was more an attempt to manipulate, a last ditch effort to get EH back. Another scheme out of his box of crafty strategies. Before he acted out his plan, he saw Jung going down the basement through the CCTV and said "I trust you to do your part" and Jung acted out exactly how he expected her to do. Panicked, called the ambulance and everyone else. In the meantime, no one even cared that the Chairwoman was being detained for questioning at the police station. He never thought about his daughter witnessing and being confused by the hulabaloo he created. But he did not get the pity party that he was aiming for, instead Dara and mom camped out at Dr. Han's porch. 

That I think, is the problem (from how I see it). It is how JEH interprets Min's actions. JEH was a victim of abuse was fearful for her life and her daughter's and in EH view she was being abused by three people and she had no where to go and no one to ask for help. Min exacerbated her fear by her mean behavior and by acting like she did not know, or ignored it or did not care. Min asked Dr. Jang to help who diagnosed her daughter in law as depressed put her on antidepressants and sleeping pills. 5 years in that mansion is a long time for JEH to be tussled back and forth in emergency rooms, mental hospitals, and the basement and for Min to be "acting." It took 5 years for her to do something. In one of the latest episodes, EH confronts her mother in law for not being able to do as she promised, help EH get a divorce and custody of Dara because of her son. She knows what she is talking about because she has 5 years experience of "ommoni" not getting involved. 

I agree with you. Min ignored the abuse and hoped that JEH would leave KCK on her own. When I mentioned Min helped JEH much more than I had first imagined, I was actually talking about the time JEH had decided to run away and left the mansion. At some point Min had realized that JEH would never be able to leave on her own hence she decided to help from behind. Min should have stopped her son in the first place... but like it was really pointed out during this drama, KCK was definitely sick and it took a long time for Min to realize that. 

What I really liked in this drama is that the domestic abuse is shown as "mental illness" and it looks a lot like a drug addiction. However, it also underlines that many people are somehow involved in domestic violence. People who know about such a thing should intervene and not wait until that the victim decides to leave the abusive spouse. Victims need to get support and help from many people. Indifference or acting as if they knew nothing is actually helping the abusive spouse.

it looks like the drama was far more layered than at first glance.. guess it is one of those dramas where little details would stick more on re-watch. thanks @bebebisous33 for pointing it out..

so was rather satisfied with the finale. overall, the drama always had a weirdly light and cheerful tone to it. @zenya22 ~ for some reason, it is chairman min's few scenes that stand out to me in this drama. her steely sad resolve when she calls eun han and tells her to release the video. she was willing to take responsibility for releasing the video and telling dara that it was her choice so that eun han wouldn't have to bear the guilt. seeing butler jang getting beaten up was a sort of wake up call to how horrible the abuse actually was. and while she can't do much as penance, she apologized and was taking some of the burden of eun han's shoulders. the other scene was when she showed up in the broadcasting station ready to take him home.

what I liked about the drama is that eventually eun han was the one who really helped herself. so the hug of her old and new self shows that journey. doctor han's journey was also interesting. learning about his parents' relationship as well as never wavering even clingy second lead showed up. by the way, how impressive was this martin character whom we never saw? the stepfather who shows up 4 times a year to visit his stepson even after his ex separates and keeps contact with the kid. had to laugh when the boy said clingy had only 3 phrases whereas martin actually talked to him. that was rather sweet.. and the psychiatrist -- he actually has a nice build! hahahahha...

and butler jung, well, she got what she wanted and found herself dumped by both chairman min and chan ki who don't want any painful reminders of the past. "where did we go wrong" is the question that haunts her.

by the way, does anyone know what kind of therapy group chan ki was in? was it some sort of anger management program? found it very interesting that the drama wanted to humanize him and show a far more complex picture. yes, his kid loves him and is afraid of him. he loved his wife but also abused her. it is difficult to wrap our heads around it but I guess thats true of reality as well?

24 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

What I really liked in this drama is that the domestic abuse is shown as "mental illness" and it looks a lot like a drug addiction. However, it also underlines that many people are somehow involved in domestic violence. People who know about such a thing should intervene and not wait until that the victim decides to leave the abusive spouse. Victims need to get support and help from many people. Indifference or acting as if they knew nothing is actually helping the abusive spouse.

yea that was really fascinating take because am so used to the movies where she turns and fights him or something and he ends up dead or finally in jail. here they refused to go down the route and showed something very different. we have a glimpse into potentially why he did. he said that with his mom, he was always no 2 and eun han was the first person with whom he was first priority. so perhaps, his insecurity and need to control out of fear turned sadistic? whatever it is, was interesting that they show him attending some sort of therapy session. it was a bit of a revelation because that is not something you see at all often.

@Lmangla Yes, I believe that KCK has anger management issues coupled with the feeling that he was never really loved by his own mother.  He mentioned it when he talked to JEH on the rooftop. LMIH 5 1.pngLMIH 5 2.png

I found it striking that we were shown KCK doing some yoga in an earlier episode. Notice the contrast between the two different sports KCK and HKW are doing. The latter rides a bike in order to let off some steam, the other chooses yoga. On the surface, KCK looks like someone who can control his energy and indirectly his anger, since he appears as someone calm while in reality he is the total opposite. He is actually a control freak so that at some point he kind of explodes when he is frustrated or annoyed. As you can see, this insignificant scene has a total different meaning after knowing the whole story. To me, KCK's anger management issues have their origin in the way he was raised: he might have been neglected by his own mother (who was more focusing on the business and the family reputation). Moreover, I sense that she must have put so much pressure on him as he was expected to be so perfect in everything... The more he must have tried to please her, the more he felt that he could never get love and recognition from her. At some point he started hating her and looked for someone who represented the opposite of his mother. Only at the end, KCK was able to realize that his mother had always loved him, when his own mother stood by his side after his crime had been revealed. She didn't fear the heinous comment and went to pick him up... finally he got aware that even if he is not perfect, his mother still loves him. 

@zenya22 @USAFarmgirl

2 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Only at the end, KCK was able to realize that his mother had always loved him, when his own mother stood by his side after his crime had been revealed. She didn't fear the heinous comment and went to pick him up... finally he got aware that even if he is not perfect, his mother still loves him. 

thought it took a lot of courage to get out of that car and walk determined towards him even as others were watching. and then to gently say they will figure things out once they get home. at the same time, you see him protecting dara by signalling her to not come towards him and to look away. that was a really interesting scene. and yea, in the final scene in the car, you see both of them are so much more at ease with each other. she knows that his recovery and issues are not going to go away immediately and tells him to take his time. so there is no longer this pressure to be perfect...

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

thought it took a lot of courage to get out of that car and walk determined towards him even as others were watching. and then to gently say they will figure things out once they get home. at the same time, you see him protecting dara by signalling her to not come towards him and to look away. that was a really interesting scene.

yea, that was really interesting scene, he looks towards EH and Dara and protects his daughter by slightly shaking his head, no don't come near. Chairwoman Min was watching the broadcast at home, so I guess she knew when the video will hit the airwaves and drove over to pick him up. It is interesting that she did not go there when he was on the ledge of the rooftop but she let EH go to him. I guess she knew that EH is and has always been the one that could influence and move her son in a weird way, because of his attachment to her and also is the mother of the daughter he loves.  And how Chairwoman Min parked her car in between the onlookers and Chang Ki as if to protect him knowing people's tendency to throw things and sometimes attack. It is true that witnessing the beat up of Jung had awakened her to the realization that her son is sick and needs help/intensive immediately. As for the group therapy he was attending, it could be a program specifically designed to address abusive behaviors such as battering intervention and prevention programs. 

I also love the scene where she goes to the Berlioz scene of the abuse at the basement with the all the speakers and sort of accepted herself let go of her past be this new strong self and be happy. 

Archived