[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Royal Nirvana 鹤唳华亭

sugarplum892

Some scenes were obviously cut out.

Spoiler

We didn't get to see the protests by the officials or the exam candidates which would explain why 1st Prince had a slap mark on his face and why Gu Feng En was banned from taking part in the Imperial exams for life. How did CP protect Feng En (something the Emperor referenced to in another scene)?

I like that you can see more signs that the Emperor does care for his place in the CP's heart. The whole disaster could have been averted if Wen Xi had found a way to slip away and inform her father. We did not get to see how she reacted during the protest.

The scene where CP turned down Wen Xi was very sad but I guess necessary for later plot development.

I suspect the item kept under lock and key by CP will play a big role in the future. Was it the painting that Wen Xi threw into the river? If so, this painting is really hardy - it can survive crumpling and drowning LOL

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Madison said:
  Hide contents

I’ve watched all the way to 19. I agree, these episodes are hard to watch, but it’s necessary for the next generation to be on the spotlight. I like the last acting scene between teacher and CP, and when CP threatened eldest prince and King after his teacher’s death. The scene King confronted the wife about CP power is also satisfying. I believe this production will put you on the edge through the first half at least, but I enjoyed them. I don’t know if I am weird, but I like to cry watching sad dramas since it helps me relieve some of my emotions!

It’ll be heart breaking watching our main couple the next few episodes! I want to see how their relationship develop after such a traumatic experience for the girl family!  

Madison, are you a VIP member? If not, where did you find the raws up to ep. 19? For someone that doesn't usually like Chinese period dramas, I've become obsessed with this one :). I'm even willing to watch the raws with the help of my Pleco dictionary! That's how much I like this story. Thanks.

57 minutes ago, aafa83 said:

Madison, are you a VIP member? If not, where did you find the raws up to ep. 19? For someone that doesn't usually like Chinese period dramas, I've become obsessed with this one :). I'm even willing to watch the raws with the help of my Pleco dictionary! That's how much I like this story. Thanks.

I watched them on a Vietnamese website. Below are the 2 websites that I normally go to to watch Asian dramas. They upload very quickly and seems to be on schedule with Chinese airing time. 

https://phimnhanh.tv/phim/hac-le-hoa-dinh-royal-nirvara-2019_pntviPgAvAum.html

https://motphim.net/phim/hac-le-hoa-dinh-7459.html

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aafa83 said:

You can also watch it on MapleStage and Love TV Show (link to Roval Nirvana is http://cn.lovetvshow.info/2019/11/cn191112-list.html)

• Thanks 1

This is so heart wrenching to watch. To see CP and FL suffer. Very sad indeed.i can’t watch it is super sad, how u guys are managing. I usauuly skip the sad parts but I.m watching to understand the story and barely making it on ep 10 in amz prime.they seem to have up to ep 14 subbed. 

• Like 1

“Finding soulmate is best but forgetting is norm” FL father quotes her, !!! I hope it’s not the norm. I’m still a wreck here crying. Pardon my rambling.i think I have to watch something else or go somewhere instead of watching.

• Like 1

Agreed episodes 17 and 18 are super hard to watch. So depressing.  Even the director cried along with luojin during shooting. :bawling:

Spoiler

I hate the emperor putting the CP on the spot for making the damm decision. 

I thought he really punish the 1st prince for his wrongdoing but instead he is actually protecting him from the Cp. 

I hate n love the emperor at the same time but Huang Zhi Chung acting is really good. 

• Like 1

^^^ Aww my heart!! Just reading you guys comments makes me so sad already. Our poor OTP :(!!!

By the way, is Amazon Prime the same in every countries? Not like Netflix, where they only show certain shows in that country? Debating if I should get Amazon Prime to watch this drama, or just wait for subs???

Poor LJ, he is suffering along with the CP!!! That's what makes him so great at his craft!~

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, rosierosie said:

^^^ Aww my heart!! Just reading you guys comments makes me so sad already. Our poor OTP :(!!!

By the way, is Amazon Prime the same in every countries? Not like Netflix, where they only show certain shows in that country? Debating if I should get Amazon Prime to watch this drama, or just wait for subs???

Poor LJ, he is suffering along with the CP!!! That's what makes him so great at his craft!~

Prime is also geoblocked! TBH this is really pissing me off because I couldn't even use my VPN, while the YouTube channel hasn't been updated since ep 9. I've watched raw until ep 19 and can get the picture, but I need subtitles to understand the context :(((

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kachan02 said:

CP pleaded to emp that do u want to give all I want to brother. Why the heck emperor outright denied his marriage to FL. He hates teacher LU

It is because her father Lu Zhong Tang is on very close terms with Ming An, the man the Emperor is counting on to check the military power wielded by the Gu family (which supports the CP and which he views as a threat to his sovereignty). She is also Ming An’s wife’s goddaughter. It will tip the balance of power in the opposite direction if she marries the CP. Besides the Gu family, the Emperor is also conscious of the need to curb the power of Zhong Shu Ling.

• Insightful 1