[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Royal Nirvana 鹤唳华亭

sugarplum892

5 hours ago, Kachan02 said:

I tot she was brutally cold before she saw the painting not after. Is it not?

She was also quite cold to him after that. She visited him and fed him but she still said she was staying at the home of a male friend without any more explanation and would leave the Palace when the time came. She also did not intend to stay until 5th Prince told her the case would be tried there soon. I think I have figured it out from the previews though.

Spoiler

She had already planned to take the rap for writing the letter before visiting ZLZ. She wanted to set ZLZ up for framing CP so the letter could not have been written by CP. This was also why she said she was afraid CP would let her off because then she would have no opportunity to confess her crime. It also explains why she was standing outside the room where the trial was held as she wanted to go inside.

i was worried she had really framed CP to punish him as she would live to regret it later on. The script is incredibly smart. Even when she was angry with CP, she didn’t put him in a situation with no way out. No wonder she said during the bathing scene, “Whatever happens, Your Highness will have a way to deal with it.” In fact, everything she said previously takes on a second meaning that makes sense after the viewer is given this new knowledge.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Rose Antwi said:

The Empress really is a piece of work. So, she wants the Emperor to abandon his son in favour of her son? I wonder what she meant by saying no? No,his not your son? She really is a despicable woman. The Emperor finally stepped up at last. I'm happy for him.  

I think she means, no, she doesn’t agree with what he wants to do. Favoring one’s own son over someone else’s son (although technically he calls her mother) is an understandable response and she’s not an exception. I wish we knew what CP said to her to convince her to intercede for him with the Emperor when he was late for breakfast.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DramaLover said:

Also, when CP was combing her hair, there was clearly imprints of a bite on his hand. I presume a scene was cut by the censors. :(

They removed the scene of him suffering through the beating. The Emperor’s eunuch advised him to bite his hand which he initially felt was undignified but it got too painful later on. He started wondering why he had not yet fainted or died. He could not hold the paintbrush well because his hand was injured by the bite so he wasn’t trying to get Wenxi to write for him intentionally.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, DramaLover said:

@bluehibiscus, what was written on the scroll of her painting?  

The Chinese characters seem different from the ones written on the screen gifted to Teacher Lu. 

The poem is the same, just that the calligraphy style is different.

代云陇雁浙江潮,

Daidi’s clouds, Longxi’s grey geese, Zhejiang’s waters (means: the world)

人有迷魂犹待招

A lost soul waiting to be called  (means: a demoted/disappointed official dreaming to be given important responsibilities once more)

世间多少金谷客,

So many people long for wealth and riches (means: many people aspire to become an official)

数声鹤唳念遥遥。

I miss hearing the cries of the cranes (means: I only want to retreat into the mountains and woods.)

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bluehibiscus said:

They removed the scene of him suffering through the beating. The Emperor’s eunuch advised him to bite his hand which he initially felt was undignified but it got too painful later on. He started wondering why he had not yet fainted or died. He could not hold the paintbrush well because his hand was injured by the bite so he wasn’t trying to get Wenxi to write for him intentionally.

Did you get this info from the novel? :o

• Like 1

The person who requested for the synopsis of Ep44-47 hasn’t responded to my posts for Ep 44-45 (perhaps she found the content elsewhere already) so I’m not sure if I want to continue with Ep 46 and Ep47 as it is quite tiring on my eyes. If anyone else wants the English synopses for these episodes, let me know.

• Like 1

@bluehibiscus thanks for translating the poem!

When you get a chance, can you please help us by summarizing what CP said to WX from the time he untied her until the time Ding Suai hauled him away. Please. :)

His recalling of how brutal he has been to WX on numerous occasions was heartbreaking. 

43 minutes ago, bluehibiscus said:

Yes, it is a pity as the acting is so good but I think the chances are slim.

I also hope they would release the entire 72 episodes. Maybe they may do so for international release? Or an uncut version?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DramaLover said:

I also hope they would release the entire 72 episodes. Maybe they may do so for international release? Or an uncut version?

100% agree! such a pity for the senior actors not to show their amazing acting skill to the world. it must be a big disappointment to them!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

I think she means, no, she doesn’t agree with what he wants to do. Favoring one’s own son over someone else’s son (although technically he calls her mother) is an understandable response and she’s not an exception. I wish we knew what CP said to her to convince her to intercede for him with the Emperor when he was late for breakfast.

Could it be possible that the Empress had an affair, and CP is sired by someone else? That could explain Emperor’s neglect and coldness towards him.