[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Royal Nirvana 鹤唳华亭

sugarplum892

• 2 months later...
17 minutes ago, PPB said:

Hello @bluehibiscus hao jiu bu jian! I was thinking of watching it, but haven't yet. Somehow I'm not surprised as Royal Nirvana's music really is an excellent OST. I'd have to check it out now. ..

hope all well, best, P 

@PPB Hi! It’s not all roses but we have to be thankful for small blessings. O&O has a much smaller budget so the costumes don’t have the same kind of quality and it takes a while to pick up pace. The background music is one of the things that stand out to me as it’s handled by Xigua Music although not all are tailor made for the drama.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all, fyi, Huang Zhizhong and Luo Jin are collaborating in another historical drama, Tian Xia Chang He 天下长河. This time round, Luo Jin plays the emperor (Kangxi) while Hua Zhizhong is an official. I’m looking forward to the reversal of roles. 
https://m.weibo.cn/status/4697594138460767

https://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:4696609011990632

• Awesome 1

@bluehibiscus Good to see this excellent production seeing greater international exposure. Will it be English-subbed, or does the channel cater predominantly to the Chinese speaking community?

It's having its re-run on Shuang Xing channel in my country, and it is still a gut-wrenching watch this time round bolstered by all round excellent performances. Despite knowing what is forthcoming, I still find myself wishing that somehow a last minute reprieve will happen, which of course it doesn't.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, liddi said:

@bluehibiscus Good to see this excellent production seeing greater international exposure. Will it be English-subbed, or does the channel cater predominantly to the Chinese speaking community?

It's having its re-run on Shuang Xing channel in my country, and it is still a gut-wrenching watch this time round bolstered by all round excellent performances. Despite knowing what is forthcoming, I still find myself wishing that somehow a last minute reprieve will happen, which of course it doesn't.

I’m not sure if there will be English subtitles. Yes, the story and characters are gripping that way.

• Like 2

Unreleased BGM (11 tracks) 

0:00 雪夜 Snowy Night 

1:26 西關 Western Pass 

4:53 百罹成人 Becoming Man After a Hundred Difficulties (Dingquan's birthday greeting for his elder brother) 

9:31 門 Door 

12:18 舊事 The Past 

14:40 母親 Mother 

18:13 長州 Changzhou 

20:13 師·父 Teacher.Father 

23:34 妻子 Wife 

25:47 責任 Duty/Responsibility 

30:19 马球 Polo

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

12 Nov 2021 marks the second anniversary of the drama. Happy Second Anniversary!

The production unit released a video clip containing BTS from the screen scene in the snow:

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4702649205391504

Pictures of hand drawings of the sets:

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4702498205729698

On 13 Nov 2021, the novelist also posted a thank you note and snippets of her intended (but unfilmed) script. I will try to share more about those later.

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4703197308388208

• Like 1
  • Love 1

wow, brilliant. I've seen some bhs popping up on youtube, thanks @bluehibiscusfor the heads up. Hope the US is ready for watching this great drama (still my favourite!).  Look forward to seeing Luo Jin as Kangxi... he doesn't seem to have done much recently, or it could be me that's missed it. On a personal note, after watching so many Chinese dramas (watching Minglan atm),  I'm learning to play the guqin, what heavenly sound! 

@liddiI so sympathise, I too keep on hoping the ending has changed.. alas it hasn't. On youtube there is an interesting interview with the director. It took me a long while to translate it, but it was really interesting, and it kind of put me at ease a little bit, listening to his own vision for the drama, a great and thoughtful artist. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/14/2021 at 9:21 PM, PPB said:

wow, brilliant. I've seen some bhs popping up on youtube, thanks @bluehibiscusfor the heads up. Hope the US is ready for watching this great drama (still my favourite!).  Look forward to seeing Luo Jin as Kangxi... he doesn't seem to have done much recently, or it could be me that's missed it. On a personal note, after watching so many Chinese dramas (watching Minglan atm),  I'm learning to play the guqin, what heavenly sound! 

Wow, it’s so cool you are learning guqin. Maybe you can record a clip of your playing and share with us. No pressure though.

• Like 1

Thank you @bluehibiscus! It's pretty difficult, but I can play "little cabbage"  (xiao bai cai) now lol... (very easy) when I get better, I will try and post something. My aim is to learn all the classics of course, but also Tian Wen from Word of Honour and The Untamed, they sound so lovely on the guqin. I've been super lucky to have found a teacher. 

The 30th was Luo Jin's birthday, I hope we can see him in something as good as RN... I miss his acting. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi, how’s everyone? I’ve been busy with CNY. Happy Year of the Tiger!

On 12/6/2021 at 11:35 PM, PPB said:

Thank you @bluehibiscus! It's pretty difficult, but I can play "little cabbage"  (xiao bai cai) now lol... (very easy) when I get better, I will try and post something. My aim is to learn all the classics of course, but also Tian Wen from Word of Honour and The Untamed, they sound so lovely on the guqin. I've been super lucky to have found a teacher. 

The 30th was Luo Jin's birthday, I hope we can see him in something as good as RN... I miss his acting. 

Oh, nice choice of music. Have you finished watching those two dramas?

• Like 1

Hi, I'm on ep 19 of Word of Honor, and ep 9 of the Untamed. I'm going to be lynched, I'm sure, but they are not really my cup of tea... however, I really love the relationship between the two main leads in WOH, really captivating, really beautiful and pure in a way, but I'm not a fan of the genre in general (that's why I hadn't watched it as yet). And I really like Xiao Zhan, lovely character. Wang Yibo, not sure.... a bit wooden... but haven't watched enough yet maybe. 

I'm also watching 'In the name of the people', really, really good, possibly too realistic, after all those beautiful faces in other dramas.. lol! Also watching Reset (Kai Duan), which I absolutely LOVE! Really good story, absolutely excellent acting, completely gripping! 

As for the guqin, I may be learning the tune to Ashes of love soon.  I found the music score for Tian Wen, but it's a bit too difficult for me at the moment... if I can find a simplified version, I will try. My teacher is indulging me...though I can see she'd rather I studied a classical piece.

Xin nian kuai le! Very happy new year of the Tiger! Hope this year will bring happiness and a bit of stability for all.

9 hours ago, PPB said:

Hi, I'm on ep 19 of Word of Honor, and ep 9 of the Untamed. I'm going to be lynched, I'm sure, but they are not really my cup of tea... however, I really love the relationship between the two main leads in WOH, really captivating, really beautiful and pure in a way, but I'm not a fan of the genre in general (that's why I hadn't watched it as yet). And I really like Xiao Zhan, lovely character. Wang Yibo, not sure.... a bit wooden... but haven't watched enough yet maybe. 

I'm also watching 'In the name of the people', really, really good, possibly too realistic, after all those beautiful faces in other dramas.. lol! Also watching Reset (Kai Duan), which I absolutely LOVE! Really good story, absolutely excellent acting, completely gripping! 

As for the guqin, I may be learning the tune to Ashes of love soon.  I found the music score for Tian Wen, but it's a bit too difficult for me at the moment... if I can find a simplified version, I will try. My teacher is indulging me...though I can see she'd rather I studied a classical piece.

Xin nian kuai le! Very happy new year of the Tiger! Hope this year will bring happiness and a bit of stability for all.

Wang Yibo’s character is supposed to look cold and aloof. It gets better later on. I’m only up to Ep 6 of WOH before I had to set it aside due to other demands. I intend to finish it when I have the time. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

@PPBHow's everything going? 

Hi @bluehibiscus, nice to hear from you! I'm well, and hope you are too! Currently learning "The Romance of the three Kingdoms' on the guqin. Though obviously a beginner, I can safely say it's just soooo difficult... but I'm getting there, slowly...wanted to learn Tian Wen, which I love, but my teacher wasn't so keen on it. I will have to learn it by myself at some point, when I'm better, as I found a website with the musical score of many pieces. Today we have a Yaji online, where everyone who wants to, can play a piece (I won't yet...one day...). 

When is the new Luo Jin drama coming out, I wonder?

On 3/12/2022 at 7:20 PM, PPB said:

Hi @bluehibiscus, nice to hear from you! I'm well, and hope you are too! Currently learning "The Romance of the three Kingdoms' on the guqin. Though obviously a beginner, I can safely say it's just soooo difficult... but I'm getting there, slowly...wanted to learn Tian Wen, which I love, but my teacher wasn't so keen on it. I will have to learn it by myself at some point, when I'm better, as I found a website with the musical score of many pieces. Today we have a Yaji online, where everyone who wants to, can play a piece (I won't yet...one day...). 

When is the new Luo Jin drama coming out, I wonder?

Sounds like a worthy endeavour. I’m trying my best not to get the virus as there is an increasing number of cases among people I know. I’m not sure when Luo Jin’s next drama is airing.