[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Royal Nirvana 鹤唳华亭

sugarplum892

Just started this drama, and the suspension, music and acting is phenomenon!! The episode go by so fast, that's how I know the plot is good and I'm in for a ride :)!!! LJ's acting never fail to amazed me; his emotions and manners of his character is calm, but intense. I'm already disliking Prince Qi, and the King!!! Damn, life in the palace is harsh; sinister left and right! Everyone have their own agenda-----can't wait to see what's gonna happen next~

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, bluehibiscus said:

This production team really takes the time to do things right so hopefully it won’t be too bad.

Tonight Episode 7 with English Sub Right?

I've been followed many comments of yours , exactly they always Enlighten me about CDrama that I don't know before.

In Thailand this Drama is very popular among Thai Educated People. They said this is very good drama from Mainland China that always twisted the plot every episode.

Thnx.

Dhanate.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dhanate said:

Tonight Episode 7 with English Sub Right?

I've been followed many comments of yours , exactly they always Enlighten me about CDrama that I don't know before.

In Thailand this Drama is very popular among Thai Educated People. They said this is very good drama from Mainland China that always twisted the plot every episode.

Thnx.

Dhanate.

You’re welcome. It is great to hear the drama has found an audience in Thailand.

• Like 2

No wondered the female lead look familiar to me; she was in The Legend of the Condor Hereo 2017 version!! She is pretty, and her acting is good too :)! Looking forward to more scenes of her in the later episodes! I feel like I have no direction where each episode is going, we are in for a roller coaster~!!!

edit: Ep 5 was good!!! Our OTP first interaction with each other :). Wondered who asked the old man to leaked the exam paper?? Each episode is a mystery and suspense to me; I cannot figured out what is going on?? LJ's emotions and crying scenes are touching. He really cares and love Minister Lu, like his grandpa.

• Like 2

On 11/19/2019 at 1:54 PM, caranita said:

Thanks for sharing -- though some have shared the scheduling, the calendar really gives perspective to how long it will take to finish this drama. 3 months! Not sure if this works with them. One episode per day isn't really common in Cdramas, no? I wonder how they will keep people's interest in it. On another note, if Sword of  starts to broadcast this coming December, she'll have three airing dramas around the same time :lol:

You're welcome. Yes, it does take a while. Yes, one a day is uncommon. But it does build anticipation, doesn't it? IMO, it does. I guess it also gives netizens more time to discuss the intricacies involved. Although there's also the danger of viewers losing interest. With such a high quality production based on a highly acclaimed (excellent) novel and screenplay by none other than the author herself, plus the stellar casting, I doubt viewers' interests will easily drop. Esp. for die-hard fans of historicals, of LJ and LYT, etc.

I really like the twists and turns. It grips me so much that when I sit down to watch it, I can no longer multitask. lol. There's also the OTP. What a tease this PD is! Or is it the screenwriter (also the author)? I really can't wait for the OTP to have more screen time together. They are so good!

gBJaIo4.png

CR: RN Weibo

Yes, LYT will be all over the small screen if her other dramas that were held back finally get to air.  Good for her. I hope her other dramas will do well as well. She's getting better and better at her craft. :) 

On 11/19/2019 at 5:21 PM, galea said:

Eh? I thought the schedule changed though? Only two episodes aired yesterday :( I mean, that's a lot better than nothing, but I'm also confused as to how it's gonna air now. 

Yes. @bluehibiscus is right. The schedule has been changed, quietly. Youku subscribers are crying foul right now. No real schedule is available officially atm. Let's see how it goes.

At least it wasn't taken off the air.:fearful: THANK YOU, DRAMAGOD! :wub:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cheerieK said:

I m up to episode 9. The drama is full of suspense and yes agreed with @jadecloud no multitasking like i used to do. 

When are they releasing the next episode? Omg I cant wait :huh:

Me too. Am stuck at 9. Haha.

No idea when. Waiting... :unsure:

• Like 1

I am also up to 9. So far I like the initial interaction with our main couple. Main girl’s brother seems smart (not sure which side he’ll be on later), hopefully he won’t be too much of an obstacle between our OTP.

The king and crown prince relationship is so intense every time they’re together. Will they ever have their sweet moment together? It’s nerve wrecking every time they interact. I also can’t wait to see next episodes. It’s going good so far, I have to rewatch episodes to be able to follow through all the details, since I find everything interesting from cinematography through acting and storyline, I don’t mind doing it!

• Like 5

I’m following this drama with great interest - likeable actor and actress (not familiar with this actress, but OK so far), beautiful sets and costumes, meaningful dialogue .... but the incredulous plot twists sometimes make me roll my eyes. I mean, OK, I am impressed that the CP expected 

Spoiler

Minister Li to sabotage the exams, so he arranged for the servant’s Nephew to take the rap. But for minister Li to also somehow plan ahead and bribe the same guy to pretend to take the rap and then expose the CP’s plot is stretching it a bit too far, isn’t it?

I know this drama is supposed to be about the CP’s trials and tribulations on his journey to ascend to the throne. I haven’t read the book, but I heard that it is a tragic ending. So will the CP finally inherit the throne? Or will he be deposed in favour of his scheming Brother? Who will he have to sacrifice along the way?

Anyway, let’s embark on this journey with the CP together, try not to cry too much along the way. Ha!

• Like 4

On 19/11/2019 at 22:11, jewelsc said:

Wow, Luo Jin debe haber tenido dolor en los ojos o dolores de cabeza por llorar tanto mientras filmaba este drama, 8 epis y creo que conté como 5-6 de eso que ya había llorado y hay tantas epis para ir con más momentos tristes :llorar:

El príncipe heredero es tan miserable cada vez que está en 'casa' y, sin embargo, podemos ver que puede ser un tipo tan juguetón cuando está entre su amigo o primo. Bien, momento de OTP, espero que se centren principalmente en estos 2 ahora, no listos para ver al príncipe heredero llorando nuevamente.

Luo Jin Almost Got Depressed While Filming For Royal Nirvana

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 11/27/2019 at 4:23 AM, frostflower14 said:

I was going to watch this drama but...

Reveal hidden contents

The original novel had a sad ending! Not sure if the drama ending will change though.

You'll be missing out on a laudable production and performance. Its production has received much praise for its care for details - in costumes, music, props, rites and etiquette, for instance  - and the cast for its great performances, ever since it premiered. This OTP pairing - Li Yitong and Luo Jin - is also pretty awesome. They have excellent chemistry:wub:. I love every episode thus far, especially the near-authentic Song Dynasty influence that the production brings forth. I'm so glad it hasn't been taken off the air abruptly as was feared by many:sweatingbullets:, though there has been a change in its schedule. 

Spoiler

About the novel, the ending is indeed truly heartbreaking. The title in itself is already a big hint at its content. It is still a very good read, and the penmanship is profound. The author happens to be the screenwriter as well. She has mentioned somewhere (can't remember exactly but I think in weibo) that differences between her novel and its drama adaptation are inevitable and to be expected (as can already be seen). If I remember correctly, she hinted at a somewhat different kind of ending. We can only wait and see how her adapted screenplay will turn out. So far, so good. :)     

Love the OSTs :heart:

• Like 1

They released 4 episodes last night!

Poor CP was a pawn caught in between the strategy play by the Emperor and Zhong Shu Ling. Xu Chang Ping again showed he was a force not to be underestimated.

The conflict between the CP and his father deepened as the CP's fragile heart got broken once again. In a heart-wrenching scene, the CP bared his thoughts and feelings of doubt to the father he both loved and feared. Huang Zhizhong is really awesome as the Emperor. Be it exercising the authority of a ruler, dissecting a situation incisively, displaying reluctant envy of the CP's affection for his teacher or being beseiged by deep feelings of remorse, he handled them all with finesse. The gulf between father and son never seemed as narrow as that moment when he tried to show concern for CP's injury.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bluehibiscus said:

They released 4 episodes last night!

Hide contents

Poor CP was a pawn caught in between the strategy play by the Emperor and Zhong Shu Ling. Xu Chang Ping again showed he was a force not to be underestimated.

The conflict between the CP and his father deepened as the CP's fragile heart got broken once again. In a heart-wrenching scene, the CP bared his thoughts and feelings of doubt to the father he both loved and feared. Huang Zhizhong is really awesome as the Emperor. Be it exercising the authority of a ruler, dissecting a situation incisively, displaying reluctant envy of the CP's affection for his teacher or being beseiged by deep feelings of remorse, he handled them all with finesse. The gulf between father and son never seemed as narrow as that moment when he tried to show concern for CP's injury.

Yes! I'm so happy that they release more episodes! I hope this trend continues, although it also means the previously released schedule is useless now? LOL.

Spoiler

I'm curious who Xu Chang Ping really is, aside from the fact laid so far that he's the son of Official Zhao's late master. What's his motivation?

CP Is one of the most depressing character I’ve seen so far. It’s only the beginning and I can’t bare to see him being heart broken so many times! From his crying moments you can see that he’s still a child deep down, he’s smart but very attached and weak inside. I don’t know if he’ll evolved later on with all situations against him. I am afraid it’ll will push him to the death end, since he’s so soft hearted - he’ll choose death to protect everyone. No wonder Lou Jin is depressed while filming this series! 

I hope to get more of the fun moments between CP and his sidekick cousin to balance out all these intense scenes and our main OTP and other young supporting characters will give some light moment to the series.

I do have some hope that our script writer will change the ending to a happy ending since the whole series is already depressing, she’ll make it up at the end - cross my finger!  

• Like 2