[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Royal Nirvana 鹤唳华亭

sugarplum892

10 hours ago, Kachan02 said:

“Finding soulmate is best but forgetting is norm” FL father quotes her, !!! I hope it’s not the norm. I’m still a wreck here crying. Pardon my rambling.i think I have to watch something else or go somewhere instead of watching.

Where did you get the above translation from? The quotes from her father are in my opinion quite significant and a foreshadow of what is to come and unfortunately, the true meaning has been lost in the above translation. I would translate them loosely as “One day, you’ll understand, two suffering fish on the brink of death who can support each other using their last breaths may seem great but for the two to live safely apart without ever knowing of the other’s existence can be a far greater blessing.”

• Like 4

3 hours ago, caranita said:

Prime is also geoblocked! TBH this is really pissing me off because I couldn't even use my VPN, while the YouTube channel hasn't been updated since ep 9. I've watched raw until ep 19 and can get the picture, but I need subtitles to understand the context :(((

Man that stinks!!!! I'll just wait for subs!! @bluehibiscus I don't see ads on my computer--I used adblock, so maybe that's why??? Maybe Soompi have ads on their Soompi app??

Wow, the latest four episodes were truly engrossing. Great pacing complimented by the beautiful background music. I had imagined that the CP would 

save Wenxi’s father and brother but the method he chose was still unexpected and really moved me with the enormous sacrifices he was making for Wenxi.

CP is going to help the Emperor get rid of Zhong Shu Ling and the Emperor will spare the duo’s lives if he succeeds.

The 1st Prince is out of the picture for now as he has left the palace.

A surprising person who wishes to see Zhong Shu Ling fall was revealed and she assisted Wenxi in getting inside the CP’s residence.

The painting actually landed near the CP without touching the water. He had it framed and asked his eunuch to keep it somewhere not so near (that he would see it) and not so far (that he would forget it).

CP hatched a way to avoid having to move back to the Palace. The Emperor sided with him but he was not pleased with the method he had chosen. The way he scolded CP while CP was not around was quite funny.

CP got married and poor Wenxi was witness to most of the whole process. Finally, CP and Wenxi got to talk without any physical obstruction but ironically, they were both on guard.

A crisis has developed on the battlefield.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

Spoiler

I thought the next 4 episodes would be hard to watch, but it was quite interesting to see how CP ways of dealing with the king to save Wen Xi’s brother and father. It makes sense how the marriage with the Zhang’s daughter is necessary for it to work. You can tell CP has grown to be more mature in dealing with political matters, although King made a statement about that he’s not so sure if “CP is smart or naïve.” And Wen xi’s God father (forgot his name) also made a comment about how he doesn’t quite know the true intentions of CP. The love and sacrifice CP made for Wen Xi is heart warming, even though Wenxi has to witness the whole marriage thing. The morning after their marriage, CP came into CP wife and made a comment about “There are many beautiful girls in the room, but he only keeps one in his hearts.” CP wife thought it was for her, but actually he meant it for Wen Xi. I think CP already knew who Wen Xi is although she takes an identity as a maid.  

• Like 1

The story is riveting despite it being full of sadness. I know I cant bear to watch too much of it as time goes but somehow, I still keep watching and waiting for the next episode to come by. Good thing I watch this along with Joy of Life.

Just a few questions, who is Ming' An and how is he relevant to the story?
The name the FL used as a maid is Gu'A Bao. Is the identity she is using somehow related to General Gu or Gu family(this was the CP maternal side of the family right?)?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nasaan ka Alex? said:

I'm guessing Ming An is the late Empress (CP's mom), and she had a story with Minister Lu Ying? Perhaps they were lovers before she got married to the Emperor, and she never forgot him and the emperor knew this? But if it were such a thing, surely the whole court  knows about it as well.

3 hours ago, nasaan ka Alex? said:

The story is riveting despite it being full of sadness. I know I cant bear to watch too much of it as time goes but somehow, I still keep watching and waiting for the next episode to come by. Good thing I watch this along with Joy of Life.

The name the FL used as a maid is Gu'A Bao. Is the identity she is using somehow related to General Gu or Gu family(this was the CP maternal side of the family right?)?

Ming An is the right hand official of the King. He's also Wenxi’s God father. He's significant because he sided with the King and one of the reason why King doesn't want CP to marry Wenxi  is because he's afraid that Ming An will side with CP, which will make CP stronger. King is trying to balance powers in the palace, so Ming An is pivotal in that sense. 

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:
On 12/4/2019 at 3:44 PM, Kachan02 said:

CP pleaded to emp that do u want to give all I want to brother. Why the heck emperor outright denied his marriage to FL. He hates teacher LU

It is because her father Lu Zhong Tang is on very close terms with Ming An, the man the Emperor is counting on to check the military power wielded by the Gu family (which supports the CP and which he views as a threat to his sovereignty). She is also Ming An’s wife’s goddaughter. It will tip the balance of power in the opposite direction if she marries the CP. Besides the Gu family, the Emperor is also conscious of the need to curb the power of Zhong Shu Ling.

Thanks you for the explanation. Now I can understand 

14 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:
On 12/4/2019 at 4:21 PM, Kachan02 said:

“Finding soulmate is best but forgetting is norm” FL father quotes her, !!! I hope it’s not the norm. I’m still a wreck here crying. Pardon my rambling.i think I have to watch something else or go somewhere instead of watching.

Where did you get the above translation from? The quotes from her father are in my opinion quite significant and a foreshadow of what is to come and unfortunately, the true meaning has been lost in the above translation. I would translate them loosely as “One day, you’ll understand, two suffering fish on the brink of death who can support each other using their last breaths may seem great but for the two to live safely apart without ever knowing of the other’s existence can be a far greater blessing.

I got it from ep 11 sub in amazon prime. I captured a pic but unfortunately idk how to insert it here. Obviously FLs father is preaching his daughter to think abt greater good as CP is pure and innocent and will help the dynasty.

I’m enlightened with your explanation.thanks

10 hours ago, aafa83 said:

@bluehibiscus, does the CP know Wenxi's identity, yet?

Hide contents

All the trailers seem to show that he does know.

10 hours ago, Madison said:
  Hide contents

The morning after their marriage, CP came into CP wife and made a comment about “There are many beautiful girls in the room, but he only keeps one in his hearts.” CP wife thought it was for her, but actually he meant it for Wen Xi. I think CP already knew who Wen Xi is although she takes an identity as a maid.  

I don’t think he knows yet. Now they will develop a cat and mouse relationship where he is suspicious of her intentions (not because he thinks she is Wenxi although he finds something about her vaguely familiar) as he suspects/discovers she is passing information to other parties. There are viewers who believe he already knows but I think it will make for more suspense-charged interactions and sexual tension if he doesn’t know yet. I tend to think he will be more gentle with her (and not manhandle her) if he knows she is Wenxi because she is his first love.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kachan02 said:

I got it from ep 11 sub in amazon prime. I captured a pic but unfortunately idk how to insert it here. Obviously FLs father is preaching his daughter to think abt greater good as CP is pure and innocent and will help the dynasty.

I’m enlightened with your explanation.thanks

You can upload the picture to Imgur and then do an “insert image from URL” by copying and pasting the link where it is hosted. The quotes were used again in yesterday’s episodes when

Spoiler

1. Wenxi’s father and brother were talking about dying and how it would be nice to see Wenxi and the youngest child one last time. Lu Zhong Tang was trying to console himself but couldn’t finish the second quote.

2. Wenxi was explaining the quotes to her youngest brother with an extra line about breaking the willow.  She explained that sometimes people didn’t care about staying safe but just wished to stay together (in this case, with their family members) even if it meant suffering. Hence they broke a willow to ask the person not to leave or if they had to leave, to return as soon as possible.

• Like 1

I love all of the released OST tracks, and the BGM! The lyrics of the tracks are especially good and a cut above most. At the end of episode 11, the second version of ending OST is introduced. It's so beautiful! Sa Dingding (薩頂頂) never fails to bring out her best in her songs. Zhou Shen (周深) is another awesome artiste. He has such an 'unexpected' singing style (uniquely female for a male) and is so good at it. Kim Ji Mun( 金志文), another awesome track from him. Btw, he's a Korean ethnic singer from China.

Looking forward to more OST tracks (hope there will be more)!

I want to catch up with 12 to 23 (to date) so badly, but thought I/we needed a respite from all the sadness and tears. Even though I am kinda prepared with what's to come, I still hope for more happiness and kindness, and screen time, for our CP and OTP.

Probably the most heart-wrenching CP and OTP to date.:cry: 

• Like 3