[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Royal Nirvana 鹤唳华亭

sugarplum892

I forgot to mention the 5th Prince who is clearly smitten with Lu Wen Xi.

Spoiler

I wish they could have found a way to explain why she chose to reveal her face to the 5th Prince on their first meeting. Thus far, she has always shielded her face from strangers.

A recurring theme in the latest episodes is everyone has something they desire and no matter their status, things do not always go their way. Some choose to accept it to protect the ones they love or try to overcome it via noble ways while others resort to manipulation and do not hesitate to sacrifice the people around them if necessary.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just saw ep 6, very nice to see Prince Ding Quan is always one step ahead of their schemes. General Gu Fen-Er is so cute!! Prince Qi have a handsome face, but it's also very punchable for some reasons?? Maybe it's his smirk face lol.

Can someone explain to me, how is General Gu and Prince Ding Quan related? They are cousins, but how? From Prince Ding's mother side?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, bluehibiscus said:

General Gu is DQ’s mother’s elder brother.

Elder's brother son? Because he looks young. Prince Qi have such a kind heart, but there are evil intent everywhere that wants to implicate him, and cast him aside. It hurts to watch him struggled and in pain :(. EP 7, he couldn't do anything, but let Minister Lu go. The veteran' actors here are good!!! Their emotions, eyes and body language embodying their character comes alive when they're on screen!!

He is General Gu’s son. Did the subs say that Feng En is a general because he is something like an Earl (a title inherited by birth). He still has to pass the Imperial exams so there is no way for him to be a general right now. He is interested to be a non-military official. He wishes to succeed on his own merits and assist DQ to be a wise ruler.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluehibiscus said:

He is General Gu’s son. Did the subs say that Feng En is a general because he is something like an Earl (a title inherited by birth). He still has to pass the Imperial exams so there is no way for him to be a general right now. He is interested to be a non-military official. He wishes to succeed on his own merits and assist DQ to be a wise ruler.

yeah I think the sub messed it up. Feng En is younger than the prince, and his dad is the general---Makes more sense how they're cousin. EP 8 was sweet, slowly we see our OTP starting their relationship.

2 hours ago, rosierosie said:

Feng En is younger than the prince, and his dad is the general---Makes more sense how they're cousin. EP 8 was sweet, slowly we see our OTP starting their relationship.

Actually Feng En is supposed to be older than DQ although in real life, it is the opposite.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

Reveal hidden contents

It never occurred to me that there should be a reason for Lu Wenxi not shielding her face from the 5th prince other than she had just been to see Lu Shi Yu/lao xi and maybe didn't get the chance to shield her face .  I just thought at first, she was shielding from the sun most times but when the crown prince saw her the second time, she hid herself behind the calligraphy panels due to maybe she was either being shy or that maybe she of a lowered ranking and unchaperoned that could put her in trouble.  Now that u've mentioned it, ur observation sounds interesting..should there be a reason?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

Reveal hidden contents

I wish they could have found a way to explain why she chose to reveal her face to the 5th Prince on their first meeting. Thus far, she has always shielded her face from strangers.

A recurring theme in the latest episodes is everyone has something they desire and no matter their status, things do not always go their way. Some choose to accept it to protect the ones they love or try to overcome it via noble ways while others resort to manipulation and do not hesitate to sacrifice the people around them if necessary.

I'm new to this forum so apologize if this was mentioned earlier: is the 5th Prince a new character? I've seen up to ep. 11 (including raw) and don't remember this Prince?

Can someone please explain to me the airing schedule for this drama on YouTube? I looked at the schedule on Youku, but it doesn't match up. Are they not airing one episode every day now on YouTube? Is it because they're still editing the drama due to censorship or are they already done? I was expecting episode 10 to be released today since 7,8, and 9 was released the previous day's. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aafa83 said:

I'm new to this forum so apologize if this was mentioned earlier: is the 5th Prince a new character? I've seen up to ep. 11 (including raw) and don't remember this Prince?

He and the 1st Prince have the same mother. He made his first appearance just before he and CP joined the Emperor in eating fish (the CP tried to leave as he did not like to eat fish). He was worried the CP would hold a grudge against him because of the scroll plot. In the fish eating scene, their mother tried to suggest a candidate for CP’s Consort and find an excuse to delay 1st Prince’s departure from the palace.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jewelsc said:

It never occurred to me that there should be a reason for Lu Wenxi not shielding her face from the 5th prince other than she had just been to see Lu Shi Yu/lao xi and maybe didn't get the chance to shield her face .  I just thought at first, she was shielding from the sun most times but when the crown prince saw her the second time, she hid herself behind the calligraphy panels due to maybe she was either being shy or that maybe she of a lowered ranking and unchaperoned that could put her in trouble.  Now that u've mentioned it, ur observation sounds interesting..should there be a reason?

I was referring to their first meeting at the temple. She was wearing a hat with a veil at the time and yet she revealed her face. For the scene at Teacher Lu’s place, that can be excused since they had already met and she was caught by surprise. The only reason I can come up with was she was too anxious to retrieve the painting.

In the olden days, etiquette dictates proper young ladies do not show their faces in public (this was the reason why ladies often carried a fan with them and wore hats with veil) and in the drama, there were several scenes where this was shown or mentioned — in the jail when her brother and CP stopped another man from lifting her veil, when Wenxi’s carriage was waylaid by the 1st Prince’s servants before the Emperor’s edict arrive and when her carriage encountered her godfather along the way and she used her fan to conceal half of her face when peeking out.

In her second meeting wih the CP, besides the fact that she was shy, she hid herself behind the screen as her arms were exposed and she was not properly attired for a meeting with someone of higher rank.

• Like 5

Just saw ep 9!! How conflicted, the bad guy Chancellor wants Wenxi to be hindered in the palace's affair with Prince Qi!! Prince Qi's face smirking is really irking me sometimes watching him on screen lol!!! He has such a richard simmons face! Every episode is so good that the paced go by so fast, I feel like I watched only for 20 minutes. We still have a long way to go, but the plot, and suspense is killing me!!! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

21 hours ago, BaiSnake said:

Can someone please explain to me the airing schedule for this drama on YouTube? I looked at the schedule on Youku, but it doesn't match up. Are they not airing one episode every day now on YouTube? Is it because they're still editing the drama due to censorship or are they already done? I was expecting episode 10 to be released today since 7,8, and 9 was released the previous day's. 

Yes, the schedule on Youku has changed. So has that of Youtube, and the others since they are all dependent on Youku's releases, as well as their respective contractual agreement.

The latest - hot off the press as of today - is as below:

From 12.2 (coming Monday - China), Youku VIPs/paid subscribers will get 4 episodes every Mon and Thurs. For others/free viewers, 3 episodes will be available every Thurs. As for the schedule on Youtube, no information is made available yet. 

Spoiler

klEc9QW.jpg

CR: Youku

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/29/2019 at 7:25 PM, bluehibiscus said:

I was referring to their first meeting at the temple. She was wearing a hat with a veil at the time and yet she revealed her face. For the scene at Teacher Lu’s place, that can be excused since they had already met and she was caught by surprise. The only reason I can come up with was she was too anxious to retrieve the painting.

In the olden days, etiquette dictates proper young ladies do not show their faces in public (this was the reason why ladies often carried a fan with them and wore hats with veil) and in the drama, there were several scenes where this was shown or mentioned — in the jail when her brother and CP stopped another man from lifting her veil, when Wenxi’s carriage was waylaid by the 1st Prince’s servants before the Emperor’s edict arrive and when her carriage encountered her godfather along the way and she used her fan to conceal half of her face when peeking out.

In her second meeting wih the CP, besides the fact that she was shy, she hid herself behind the screen as her arms were exposed and she was not properly attired for a meeting with someone of higher rank.

I thought there were more to that part in the novel as to her and the 5th prince that u wished they would show..haha, i like spoilers.

In many of these types of dramas i watched, i noticed both men and women who wore hats with veils were to hide their identities but i didn't know the ladies r for proper etiquacy but I knew about the young ladies with the fans especially those amongst the upper class.

I'm still waiting on our OTP to interact properly, they r always 'so close yet so far' from each other.  I often wondered about the emperor, how can he seemed so shrewd but so dumbheaded at the same time?

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 10:12 AM, JoyceDreamer said:

So will the female lead lose both her brother and father? 

Spoiler

Yes I think so. It was revealed in Ep 19 that CP chose a good name to honour his deceased teacher LSM. He knows that he cannot persist in saving the Lu4 household because to do so would be to push the blame to LSM and tarnish his reputation. But trailers for the later episodes show that he will marry the Zhang household daughter. I think this will result in a temporary amnesty for criminals.

• Like 1

Episode 16 is so hard to watch. Just when 

Spoiler

The Emperor’s opinion of CP had changed for the better, and he was ready to bestow LWX on CP as his Wife, her Father, LY was marching in with his fellow revolters .... sigh ... there’s just no chance for CP to even enjoy a short period of loving family time with his Emperor Father. It’s going to go downhill all the way from here for our lead couple ... 

So so hard to watch, I’m paused at Minister Li’s face when he appeared. Think I’m going to wait until this whole incident is over and continue watching from there. Let me know when ... those of you who are watching ;)

Spoiler

I’ve watched all the way to 19. I agree, these episodes are hard to watch, but it’s necessary for the next generation to be on the spotlight. I like the last acting scene between teacher and CP, and when CP threatened eldest prince and King after his teacher’s death. The scene King confronted the wife about CP power is also satisfying. I believe this production will put you on the edge through the first half at least, but I enjoyed them. I don’t know if I am weird, but I like to cry watching sad dramas since it helps me relieve some of my emotions!

It’ll be heart breaking watching our main couple the next few episodes! I want to see how their relationship develop after such a traumatic experience for the girl family!  

• Like 2