[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Royal Nirvana 鹤唳华亭

sugarplum892

32 minutes ago, Kachan02 said:

Hide contents

OMG, so will he become CP later? And will cause downfall of our CP and in turn he commits sucide?

Spoiler

No, he doesn’t. Actually he helps DQ in the novel as his mother caused DQ’s sister’s death and the Empress followed soon after. But the drama may not follow the novel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kachan02 said:

I agree. 

question on FL/WX

Hide contents

Her guilty conscience should be eating her as she did not deliver the note to her father on time and this caused for imprisonment

but she still went by the choice to stand near CP.

I tot her father and brother died, but they are still alive.

Will WX father will die and she will take revenge on CP? Is that how this goes in the novel?

Spoiler

At this point in the drama, it is clearly not a case of her trying to take revenge on CP because of her father’s and brother’s deaths. She already knows he is working to save them as she overheard the conversation between Ming An and his wife and the conversation between CP and her father.

The novel is quite different as she has never met the CP prior to becoming a spy and her family has already been destroyed by Zhang Luzheng, the CP’s father-in-law. The Crown Princess and Li Baizhou are already dead when the story begins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@bluehibiscus

Spoiler

"The fact that she was able to stop his usually punctual maid from waking up on time so that she could take her place further showed she was smart and not to be underestimated"  Ah..... that scene where she shot at the bird was for that reason! I was wondering if there was an editing error :)

2 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

Hide contents

At this point in the drama, it is clearly not a case of her trying to take revenge on CP because of her father’s and brother’s deaths. She already knows he is working to save them as she overheard the conversation between Ming An and his wife and the conversation between CP and her father.

The novel is quite different as she has never met the CP prior to becoming a spy and her family has already been destroyed by Zhang Luzheng, the CP’s father-in-law. The Crown Princess and Li Baizhou are already dead when the story begins.

Thanks, i was wondering what happened with her being a  'spy' scene, i thought I'd missed an epi. or something with the synopsis i've read on other sites.

The drama has altered WX's purpose for entering the palace significantly. I think the synopsis is not accurate and we should not rely on the novel's plot points too much.

Spoiler

Originally in the novel she enters the palace out of revenge for her family's demise.

However, in the drama she overhears Ming An's talk with his wife saying that the political landscape is changing - Emperor wishes to deal with Li Bai Zhou now but what is the stance of Dong Gong/CP's faction? It is not easy to get close to CP as he only has trust in Teacher Lu3 and Jia Yi Bo. The only way the Lu4 family can regain justice is if CP successfully ousts Li Bai Zhou and all the corrupt ministers. It would be good if there was a pair of listening ears beside the CP.

And so WX decides to become the little bird next to CP...enduring fire, heartbreak, later on even torture it seems like in the trailers to dutifully assist the CP, his wife and indirectly rescue her family. This is why I think she is the bravest but also the most pitiful :(

CP does not recognise WX at all for sure and we are owed an emotional scene when he finally does and regrets all the harsh words he spoke to her! He constantly suspected Gu, derided her admiration for him, threatened to deport her and kept on showing off his new love in front of her. Gosh.. he owes her too much.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

ood news!  Or I hope it would be. The director revealed they filmed two to three versions of the ending. He said during a recent forum that the story was very beautiful with the protagonist who is normally giving way to small villains, willing to sacrifice himself for the whole world but he knew if the protagonist died, the audience would probably want his blood. He has put out the question as to what kind of ending the viewers prefer.

Does this mean Happily ever after is possible? With out CP and Wx being king and empress? But I know about sad ending, I think if it is sad i would be depressed for certain time.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kachan02 said:

Does this mean Happily ever after is possible? With out CP and Wx being king and empress? But I know about sad ending, I think if it is sad i would be depressed for certain time.

I found further confirmation it should be a happy ending. At the forum, the director asked for a show of hands on the ending preferred. More people chose happy ending and he said they should find the current version of the ending satisfactory. My heart is at ease.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:
9 hours ago, Kachan02 said:

I found further confirmation it should be a happy ending. At the forum, the director asked for a show of hands on the ending preferred. More people chose happy ending and he said they should find the current version of the ending satisfactory. My heart is at ease.

What a delightful message :blush:. I’m in for emotional ride with happy ending. Thanks :grin:

OMG

Spoiler

I saw preview for 32-35. That chancellor guy is in jail. Event though he is in Jail CP sees something going wrong. Also it seem something happens to CP wife. He literally chokes WX bcoz of that. So he totally doesn’t know she is his first love :dissapointed: 

also amazon prime seem to have up to ep 23 subbed. So I’ll enjoy in the evening :naughty:

16 hours ago, jwinata said:

we should not rely on the novel's plot points too much.

You're right. We should not. The drama is already very different from the novel, and also has new characters added, while changing some characters' development in the plot. Actually, the screenwriter (original author) has said there will be differences from the outset. 

14 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

Haha. Mine too :) 

The screenwriter has hinted at a different ending (than her novel's) in her weibo sometime ago. Now that the director has also hinted at a different ending, I feel better. However, I hope the different ending would still flow nicely and logically with the plot. After all, CP and WX are ingrained in Confucian values. For them to sacrifice (novel) themselves for country, family or love is not implausible. It is actually very common in that era.

I am really curious to find out how this 'different ending' will be tweaked. In the theme OST MV, we see this note (below) ...

Spoiler

which I read is from CP. Some cnetizen said it's his "last" note. I can't remember having read about it in the novel. I tried to look for such a note in the novel, but didn't find any. To those who are up to date with the latest episode, has it appeared in the drama? If it has, which episode?  (I'm still pretty far behind, only at 14. Thanks in advance.)

T1calligraphysaying.jpg

Spoiler
1 hour ago, jadecloud said:
  Hide contents

which I read is from CP. Some cnetizen said it's his "last" note. I can't remember having read about it in the novel. I tried to look for such a note in the novel, but didn't find any. To those who are up to date with the latest episode, has it appeared in the drama? If it has, which episode?  (I'm still pretty far behind, only at 14. Thanks in advance.)

T1calligraphysaying.jpg

Spoiler

I have seen this in one of the trailer between cp and wx scenes. 

I’m bawling for our FL. 

Spoiler

The marriage, yet she is close. This is different Sacrifice, who would be Standing closer to the man they love on his marriage day:dissapointed_relieved: with other women 

OMG she has to keep watch on their consumption as punishment for dropping sicssor AISHHHH

• Like 1

I can not sleep with recent events (29-31). What happened between our main leads? I need him to have a real good excuse/reason or else I will be mad forever. I can't even wrap my head around what is going on. I hope that subs will bring me the ease I need to survive this OTP

LGQkg40.png

8 hours ago, jadecloud said:

Haha. Mine too :) 

The screenwriter has hinted at a different ending (than her novel's) in her weibo sometime ago. 

I am really curious to find out how this 'different ending' will be tweaked. In the theme OST MV, we see this note (below) ...

Hide contents

T1calligraphysaying.jpg

Spoiler

I agree we shouldn’t rely on the novel.

The case involving the military horses just concluded. I believe the note you are asking about is likely to make an appearance much much later. There was speculation it could also have been written by Wenxi.

Do you have a screenshot of what the screenwriter said? I didn’t manage to see that comment on her Weibo.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2019 at 3:44 AM, aafa83 said:

If you've seen up to ep. 31...

Hide contents

So, was all that torturing of WX just a test? The baby is still there, right? Was the man with the porridge from 5th Prince?

That's all I could guess with my limited Chinese :)

Spoiler

He said it was to teach her a lesson for her audacious plot (although I am feeling it was too extreme) and an act for the mastermind behind Wenxi. It was also to push his father-in-law to approach Li Baizhou without making Li Baizhou suspicious.

The baby is still there.

The servant was sent by 5th Prince. The cow milk had special significance for the two of them as previously, 5th Prince coaxed her to eat some when he saved her from being found by the guards and had a spoonful although he was allergic to it (his manservant tried to stop him).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kachan02 said:

Question abt Feng an/Ja yibo

Hide contents

Why did he burn his graduation/ schalor dress

Spoiler

His dream of becoming an honourable and upright non-military court official on his own merit would never be realised as his academic qualifications had been revoked and he had been banned from sitting for the Imperial exams for life due to his role in the exam protest. The burning of the robe was a symbolism of his dream turning into ashes and him letting go of it for good. The pain inflicted by the fire on his hand reflected the pain in his heart.

• Like 3