[Drama 2018] Fluttering Warning / Love Watch, 설렘주의보

0ly40

Sad that this is YEH's latest drama... The plot is super weak, poorly filmed, relies on kdrama romance tactics to make up each ep(leads falling into each other, almost bro and sister romance, etc.) .  and a big waster of talents - YEH and Chun.  YEH really needs a strong role opportunity which allows her to break out of the stereotypical roles she seems to be drawn to or pigeonholed to.  What happened to Coffee Prince level performance level of YEH? If YEH wants to get back into the acting game and revive her fame/reputation/ credibility , she desperately needs to stop taking these sort of pretty feminine lead roles - it doesn't suit her or gives her credibility (to me ) . I would love to see her in a period drama Mulan -ish role or as a female detective or lawyer and stop acting the ditzy beautiful woman ( sorry but I only see the Ditzy-ness coming through , and her enhanced lower lip (big error , YEH) .   Chun needs to really  pick his projects wisely that highlights his charm (rem 'what's up fox'?)  . I think Chun will thrive in a similar 'HERO' male lead role. 

Sorry I;m ranting but this show is a big waste of ....everything except Viki money - helps to get someone's  bills paid I guess.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Highlights of the episode.

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/12/19/fluttering-alert-ep-15-highlights/

8 hours ago, angelangie said:

sorry guys....that all i managed :( internet not holding up

im only up to the part where right after manager and reporter girl finish talking and then my stream crashes and wont load again :/

Manager & YJ talking i did hear something about them talking about marriage....

I ignored the scenes with Ms. Kang, which weren't a lot thank goodness!

I'm so over her conniving behavior.

Image result for so over you  gif

Totally agree with you that without the annoying parts, this drama would have been MORE annoying. Who wants to watch of 16 hours romantic and nauseatingly saccharine moments? 

Not me. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

i will have leg cramps if i have to sit thru 16 hours of all those romantic scenes lols 

I will have a belly ache (from too much sweetness), toothache (from gritting my teeth), carpal tunnel (from clenching my hands) and migraine after 2 hours of romantic scenes.

But then, you know I'm dramatic, right? 

Related image

I only watched the raw because the subs aren’t out. And I didn’t get the kiss I was hoping for. 

But I’m satisfied with this episode. For one, the couple moments aren’t rushed and crammed into the last 10 minutes of the kdrama.

For another, I liked how their love story is also a family affair. Their relationship isn’t just about bringing two people together but uniting two…no, FOUR families too together. YJ’s family and her work family, and WH’s family and his stepfamily.  That’s what love should be. It’s inclusive and their marriage is joining "his" and "hers" and transforming them into "theirs". 

And that’s probably why this story, especially Episodes 11 and 12, didn’t appeal to many viewers. They did NOT get this.

They’re used to kdramas revolving just around the two main leads while the secondary characters and extras are treated only like props to advance the OTP’s love story. 

Here in this kdrama all the other characters have to be developed and given a back history so in the end. To me, Episodes 11 and 12 were about fleshing out the motivations and mindset of the Stepmother, Mother, Dads, StepHyung, Wannabe, in order that we can see how they too have enriched the lives WooHyun and YooJung. For better or for worse. 

If the viewers weren’t paying attention to the details and the nuances in these secondary characters' dialogues and encounters, then they wouldn’t get what the writer was trying to do with them.  

The point is: WH and YJ bore emotional “scars” from their childhood traumas, and they grew up resenting their parents. But at the end of the day, it’s undeniable that WH and YJ became better persons, not only because they met each other and are good for each other, but also because their families existed and touched their lives. 

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

i will have leg cramps if i have to sit thru 16 hours of all those romantic scenes lols 

To tell the truth, I wasn't wishing for only love scenes, and I like a bit of "bite" (the story kind) to a drama.  There was a bunch of stuff I have found annoying about this drama and that is why I said that it is only "okay."  

As bothersome as Witchy is, at the end of the day, she is just a character and I can let that go.  The things I found annoying were the uneven story-line, the odd cuts between scenes, the moments when the scenes didn't quite meet up time-wise, and the styling of the female lead.  And as much as I like YEH, I do not like her in this role--she seems awkward and uncomfortable to the point that it can be distracting to watch, and she looks ill so often that it is worrying.

On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being the best), this drama barely pulls a 5.

HI chingus... I was on a flight when the episode aired, thus not being able to help with recaps. I haven't watched last night's episode yet... but will do so asap so I can follow the story for finale tonight! Yeah, can't believe it's already the end tonight....:tears:

Fluttering warning....my heart ache while watching... Cz they reallyx3 kill genre of this drama... Romantic comedy???  Yup!! Cannot find it after eps 9/10 mayb.... 

I try to be positive cz i'm crazy YEH fans.... But,  hmmm..... I'm just praying d best for YEH... Hope she'll choose daebak drama wit daebak role after this.... 

The biggest problem of this drama is drama writer n of course PDnim.... 

They kill all romance between CJM n YEH... From what i see,  YEH n CJM more like a real lover when they act as fake.... After they become real lover... They look like akward couple.... Less skinship... Just hugging.... I dont mind wit no kissing... 

Happy this drama will end... N i hope CJM n YEH will b partner again cz they have good chemstry... 

So we don't get any kisses at all last night, despite agreeing to marry each other... but okay, I can live with that because just seeing them being together is sweet enough for me. Their relationship is the kind that is so plain and calm that I am enjoying it as a change from the usual intense romantic relationship that we usually see in other dramas. I especially like the part when they are writing out their personalized vows to each other.

Lastly, I hope nobody dies until the drama ends...:unsure:

I know fashion taste differs from one person to another, but who here thinks YJ's wedding dress is simple? For me, it is not simple at all for such a small scale low profile wedding. It is not flattering her too... Even the one she tried on previously was better and simpler, or the one that KHJ tried on...

Sorry I couldn't find a stream that worked.

Dad and YJ talking in the restaurant. Many new stuff for the groom on the table. Dad flashback to stuff he told WH.

Next scene is YJ with the two mothers of WH in a cafe. Talking about the wedding. Stream lagging...

Next is YJ and SH in their van. Talking about their schedule. YJ giving SH support for his career. Also reminding him not to forget about her wedding. He said he won't. He needed to see with his own eyes that she got married in order to give up.

They arrived at a cafe, meeting Joo and Nam. They asked them to come and even asked Nam to be the wedding photographer. Nam asked to be recruited also. YJ said they'll talk to Unnie. Then they started the interview that they have planned.

Back in the van, further talking. Also about WH being in Cheogo group.

WH and lawyer friend talking in WH's office. WH asking his friend to be his legal council.

There is a news coverage about KangHan group. KHJ saw it while sitting in the car, she gave order to secretary to finalize her properties and wealth. A call came in from dad, telling her she is not in charge anymore, and hang up on her.

Police came to update Unnie that the attacker is the same guy, but they're still waiting for him to confess...?

Hyung and wife talking, that they haven't received wedding invitation. At about the same time, YJ and WH contacted them separately to invite. They were so happy.

Hyung in WH's office. Talking about the wedding.

YJ, SH and Unnie at her home drinking celebrating the coming wedding.

They talked about casting and future work. Also about the attacker, and other stuff.

Rehearsal of wedding. SH gave instructions to YJ how to make her entry. In the middle they decided to video call Dongsaeng. He gave her his congrats. Later they talked further and SH gave her his sincere congrats.

YJ in kitchen, tried to call WH, who is busy with meeting and didn't pick up the phone. YJ complained to Unnie, she said to just understand it, and warned her if she can't stand it, she should just forget about getting married. She is serious about it (not!?)

WH finished meeting and saw the missed call from YJ.

Morning came and YJ all happy while preparing for breakfast. Unnie said what a difference of mood. YJ shared the text message from WH last night that he is sorry to miss her call and that he missed her much. Both sat down for breakfast. YJ at first didn't want to eat because of dieting for wedding. Unnie gave her the supplement of PPL and they started to eat together happily.

YJ helping at Dad's store. Hyung and wife came to visit and ate there. Wife gave YJ some advice that Hyung protested. Wow, hyung is also left-handed like WH... lol....

YJ and Dad rather taken aback with what they said about being married. I think it has something to do with what wife said, which isn't all positive. But Dad said he is always happy, YJ said she wants to be like him and mother.

WH's mother came to visit busy WH in office. Mother giving her words of wisdom. Then asked about Chairman's condition.

Mother went to visit Chairman in his office. Something about attending to his health/treatment. They talked about the children. Mom said that WH is very worried about him, he thanked her for raising WH well.

WH is on the phone with Unnie. Not understaning much, but something about YJ.

WH and YJ in her van heading somewhere. YJ is a bit nervous. WH said he heard from Unnie, then he teased her about something. I think it's about their busy schedule. How they're going to be separated for 6 months, to always understand each other. WH told her if there's anything bothering her in the future, she must tell him. ~ commercials ~

YJ in bed, trying to sleep. She tossed and turned.

WH in his office, closed his laptop and looked out window.

YJ cannot sleep. She went to the living room and started exercising.

WH called YJ, asked whether she is asleep. They're talking about being nervous about the wedding. WH told her to sleep so her skin will look good tomorrow. Both encouraged each other to sleep. So funny these two, but more so YJ.

Next day, YJ in salon getting made up. Sora and Unnie came to congratulate her.

Chairman and WH in car going to the wedding. Dad gave his words of wisdom and congratulated him and thanked him. WH asked is his condition well? Chairman said no problem. WH still looks worried. Then a call came in and WH said they'll arrive in about 10 minutes, but he didn't see Chairman grimaced a bit in pain.

Wedding venue preparation. Guests arriving. Random pictures taking.

Finally groom and bride ready to walk in. They talked while waiting.

They walked the aisle. Very simple ceremony. They bowed to the groom's side family, then walked over and bowed to the bride's side.

Up in the altar, they read the vows they wrote earlier to each other. As they read, Chairman fell from his chair.

At hospital, YJ waiting outside. WH came out and she asked about Chairman. WH said it's fine after the surgery. YJ was in such a relief. WH's family reached the hospital and wondered about YJ. Felt bad for her this happened on such a day.

At home, YJ and Unnie sitting at sofa. YJ wondered what's the situation. Is she married or not? Unnie told her not to worry. She went in, YJ continued to sit on sofa deep in thoughts while a sad BGM played on. Unnie came out wanted to asked her to rest, but changed her mind and left her be.

Hospital. WH is pacing the room. Dad woke up and called him. WH asked if he's okay. Chairman said he's fine. Said something else that made WH smiled warmly, and then he thanked WH.

YJ came to hospital. WH outside the room sitting on a bench, asleep. YJ called him. WH told her that after she came back they will have their wedding and he will prepare properly. He held her hand.

At Dad's restaurant. YJ dejected on the table, father encouraging her not to worry.

Time jump a year later. Unnie giving instructions to Joo in her office.

WH and Hyung in office, talking about good updated of the company. Hyung told him to just take it easy for working hard this past one year. Then Hyung asked if there isn't any change of heart. WH then received a text message from YJ, asking her to meet in the garden.

WH arrived at the garden, all dark, then suddenly lights on, YJ already in her (same) wedding dress waiting for him. WH is surprised and YJ said they promised each other that one year later they will get married. And just like that WH and YJ walked down the aisle again. This time Hyung is the MC, and it's a good thing, because he is no nonsense and kinda rushed through the ceremony to make it official. Group picture. Then YJ threw her bouquet to a single receiver, Unnie. End while bouquet is somewhere in the air...

Okay, I can't help but say that was such weird way to end (wrap up) the drama...

Super duper disappointed with this drama. Hardly no lovey dovey moment between CJM and YEH. The writer and PD-Nim managed to kill off this drama in a big way. Don’t know how they can keep their job. So sad because I can’t see our OTP chemistry flying off the chart. If not because of CJM and YEH, I would drop this drama long time ago. Poorly written, unnecessary filler, unnecessary scenes, unnecessary time jump. They should change the title to something else. Not Fluttering Warning! 

As a big of fan of both of the top stars, I wish they get better script! 

There’s no more opportunity to see both CJM sand YEH in one screen again!!!! I wish both of them sign up with excellent script writer who will allow them to show their true talent!!!!

super duper pissed off with the writer and PD-nim! 

Sorry for the long rant! 

I conclude that this is a drama that needs to be watched with subs. A lot went on with the dialogues. It is unlike many dramas out there. It can only be appreciated if one pays attention to the dialogues. Nonetheless, I still think the writing became weak towards the end.... It may be reflecting quite real life situation for many couples, but I must admit that I'm here for the couple, meaning I want to see them together in one scene, not with them being apart so often, and thinking and growing by themselves.....

And not a single kiss at all to seal the marriage vow?? What happened to "you may kiss the bride now"??? It's like there is a sudden conspiracy going on to forbid, to ban, any skinship between WH and YJ. The last we saw was that kiss in the guesthouse by the beach... Can you believe that?!?

10 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

YJ threw her bouquet to a single receiver, Unnie. End while bouquet is somewhere in the air...

Okay, I can't help but say that was such weird way to end (wrap up) the drama...

Hahaha. Felt the same about the ending.... Is there a special episode which we do not know about? Haha

Anyway, I am so happy that YEH is back! Hope I will get to see her in a new drama soon. 

8 minutes ago, sellamk said:

Super duper disappointed with this drama. Hardly no lovey dovey moment between CJM and YEH. The writer and PD-Nim managed to kill off this drama in a big way. Don’t know how they can keep their job. So sad because I can’t see our OTP chemistry flying off the chart. If not because of CJM and YEH, I would drop this drama long time ago. Poorly written, unnecessary filler, unnecessary scenes, unnecessary time jump. They should change the title to something else. Not Fluttering Warning! 

As a big of fan of both of the top stars, I wish they get better script! 

There’s no more opportunity to see both CJM sand YEH in one screen again!!!! I wish both of them sign up with excellent script writer who will allow them to show their true talent!!!!

super duper pissed off with the writer and PD-nim! 

Sorry for the long rant! 

My feelings too.... I am going to remember who the scriptwriter and PD-nim names.

Hmm, and need to get a hold of the novel to read up how it ends there. Can someone help with spoiler from the novel?

Archived