[Drama 2018] Fluttering Warning / Love Watch, 설렘주의보

0ly40

1 hour ago, thistle said:

I've been binge-watching to catch up (somehow the subs have been coming out really slowly for this show), and I came here to see what others are thinking.  You've summed  exactly what I thought:  the scene transitions really are abrupt.  Sometimes they don't even make sense.  Something is not quite right between the scriptwriting, the direction, and the production.  Someone needs to care more about smoothing things out.

Watching Ep 6 today, I do agree that the scene transition is so abrupt. Even more so in ep 6 compared to the previous one. Continuity is also non-existent in some of the scene (to point out the most obvious one is where CWH and YYJ were fighting over the bedsheet. their positioning between the cuts are different *sigh*)

For a pre-produced drama , editing should have been better. Not choppy like this. 

Adaptation from a novel could be a winning point in terms of the dialogues used but in some cases... the placement is just plain weird. It doesn’t really make any sense to me that CWH was talking about his mom having ‘cancer’ and suddenly YYJ talked about losing her mom early in her childhood. And that’s it. Without closing statement such as ‘you should appreciate and care about you mom while she’s still here’ or anything of that sort. 

Thankfully we had quite lovable leads and supporting characters (I love Han Go Eun. Such a worthy girl crush) that I can close one eye on the technical shortcomings. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Sulistya Wati said:

I agree. He treats CWH and his legitimate kid like his company assets. Pick and secure it when its worth and valuable, trash it when its harmful.

In fact, he even treats KHJ better than his own sons. She "deserves" to be his daughter. Yet, if he knew that KHJ is somehow responsible for CHW's injury (she must have hired the guy), then he wouldn't be pleased. 

It's rare to see a drama where there is no Second Lead Syndrome (at least not yet).  And I think it's because CWH's character is usually the second lead in most dramas.... the nice guy that the female lead never notices...

It's refreshing.

16 hours ago, angelangie said:

What is there in a company that worth more than her son happiness?

he doesn’t need to sit behind the desk to earn his keep.....he is capable of earning it with his own hands and still give her the luxury she wanted.........

The mother not doing any thing wrong to her son let’s remember he wasn’t in relationship when marriage thing came about ,and for someone who had bad start in life we shouldn’t be surprised if its impact on herself confidence and belief that she wish to change their circumstances for better as she see it . Let’s be clear she not asking him to sell his organs? 

I believe the mother got right to want her son successful and noting wrong with some pushing .For me I hate it when Kdrama make mother look crazy just for wanting her child to be the best .

I understand in some point in life every parent should recognise that  they brought their children up well enough to know they will chose right partner and what they do with their life.

1 hour ago, vegaspink said:

It's rare to see a drama where there is no Second Lead Syndrome (at least not yet).  And I think it's because CWH's character is usually the second lead in most dramas.... the nice guy that the female lead never notices...

It's refreshing.

Now that you said it, I realised that CWH character does sound like a typical 2nd lead in kdramaverse :sweatingbullets:

kudos to the novel writer then for making him our lead! :w00t:

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

is anyone curious about the half-brother of woo hyun? the one who is the son of the official wife of chogo chairman and is under some investigation for stock manipulation? we have yet to even meet him or see him interact with other characters......

I am. He only ‘appear’ on the article which accused YYJ has affair with him.

Maybe in the latter episode when his mother will do everything to support CWH and YYJ relationship.

@Sulistya Wati Yes, CWH's mother is not that bad. There are definitely worse mothers in K-dramas. In my opinion, her way to push WH to marry KHJ can be explained that she isn't aware of a few things:

- She is unaware of the existence of the surrogate father;

- I doubt, she knows that the fire is linked to the CEO Cha;

- She misunderstands the grudge CWH has against his biological father;

- She doesn't know what kind of person KHJ is.

Since WH had never been interested in any woman and had more or less proclaimed that he didn't believe in love, why should she take him seriously with his girlfriend? An arranged marriage seems the best in her eyes as CWH is not inclined to marry for love and even love anyone.

If she knew that KHJ has been ruining her son's life, I doubt, she would appreciate her.  Moreover, she thinks that once CWH becomes the future heir, then he will be acknowledged as a legitimate son so that CWH will stop resenting his father and won't have any grudge against him.  

3 hours ago, vegaspink said:

It's refreshing.

Cwh is definitely a husband material.lol. a modern chivalry indeed. 

Read @packmule3 blog post on the last scene in episode 6. Thought all fluttering alert fans should check it out 

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/11/17/fluttering-alert-truth-or-consequence/#comments

I really loved this scene because this is where YJ and WH are willing to be vulnerable. Throughout this whole episode they have been waiting for the other party to be honest with his/her feelings before they take action. It is hilarious watching both of them trying ways and means to make the other party confess first.

I found the ending scene fitting for this episode because at the beginning of the episode WH was not sure if the kiss was real and if YJ was affected by it... At the end of the episode, WH got his answer.. The kiss was real and YJ was affected by it... I really liked the idea that WH reiterated to YJ after answering her question that he does not kiss anyone he has no feelings for... A confession in its own right and he looks ready to give her a kiss with a clear mind rather than under  anesthesia. 

My bet is that we will have a proper kiss in the beginning of episode 7 from the two of them to signify the start of the real relationship with each other.   What do u think? 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7c3A7clMjLuqizim6x8Cimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNsAQnY80s9HXVmGoyOR-1140022v_0c1d1e_1811080523_1.jpg?x=b&s=3

The wind blew, I swayed, I miss the one who walked with me.  How to walk within the wind.

by Lee Jung Ha

This dramas title often describes how my heart feels and is left after watching an episode besides wishing there was more that feeling of fluttering...

Yet I continue to be so moved by the small and tender things that this OTP do for one another without even saying a word. Protecting the woman your falling in love with or the man her heart knows needs to keep his promises.   Might seem simple and yet just like those plants and tree in her secret garden that are growing because of receiving her tender care.  So it is with their relationship that may have started out one way only to have changed direction and grown into something much greater...

For saving her life more than once are the large things we see or in her making it possible to keep his promise buy using her money to protect his words.  Still it's holding her head up while she is asleep inside a car or crying beside him in a hospital it's all those amazing things that often go unnoticed and yes even unthanked.  Sometimes because they don't know for the heart often works behind the scenes and it's that kind of caring and giving and GOODNESS that shows what love is...

A father not of blood but of the heart shares the greatest advise...

Date someone you like but marry someone that is a good person.

I think he found her...

This was written a few days ago and right before I posted I lost electric because of an ice storm and was out until just now.  I was shocked that it wasn't lost so I decided to post it anyways.  Haven't watched the latest episodes so hoping you won't mind...

:heart:

I find it both weird and likable how we haven't yet heard YJ say that CWH is her boyfriend but he has been calling her as his girlfriend when talking to other people....  And he has gotten so used and comfortable calling her his gf...  Like when talking to his mom and YJ's dad....  He doesn't even have to think about saying it, he just does.

Seems to me that it's not just YJ who falls in love fast but he as well.  A trait he tried to avoid but still got from his mom???  Or is YJ just too lovable.? 

:blush:

2 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

Yet I continue to be so moved by the small and tender things that this OTP do for one another without even saying a word. Protecting the woman your falling in love with or the man her heart knows needs to keep his promises.   Might seem simple and yet just like those plants and tree in her secret garden that are growing because of receiving her tender care.  So it is with their relationship that may have started out one way only to have changed direction and grown into something much greater...

It is so insightful that you mentioned that their relationship grew because of her tender loving care. 

Indeed it is her little actions that touches his heart.. So I am making my list of the little acts that over time made him fall in love so fast... You might have yours.. But these scenes really speak volumes of the heart of YJ.. . 

Episode 1 - paid the treatment fees of her fan in the hospital 

Episode 2 - having a meal with him

Episode 3 - Thank you note from her

Episode 4 - (1) during the signing of the  contract, she made sure the contract included his terms too. I found this really sweet and thoughtful. (2) the apology gift and note. (3)picking out clothes for him. 

Episode 5 - (1) worrying about him even though she is injured (2) agreeing to his requests quite readily - to give him a gift and to visit his mum (3) paying a guarantee deposit - not the cost of the equipment. I thought she was thoughtful and knew that he would be upset if she paid for it so she found an alternative solution. 

If I remember correctly, YJ is always sobbing, crying or tearing in almost all the episodes thus far. Through all these, WH is seeing her sincere heart and it makes  a good man want to love and protect her.. So@vegaspink my conclusion is... YJ is just too loveable that it does not need to take WH long to fall for her. :wub:

hqdefault.jpg

"Someone you had no feelings for, could you kiss them? 

I couldn't.

As he moves gently in while looking directly into her eyes.

If I had no feelings for someone.  I could never kiss them"...

:heart:

His honesty continues to set him apart and is such a WOW FACTOR in this drama.  It's not that they are moving so slow it's that you  feel them even more because the writing and acting is working and you feel the realness in the way in which they express themselves...

Surprised that they already have matching couples necklaces/dogtags and it would seem have a lot more in common than they could ever realize.  It's the very reason there is a poster of her in the restaurant.  Not to mention why his Fireman Father doesn't want him bringing her there.  He knows her better than CWH and it would seem they share more than a fear of fire they would seem to have shared in the same fire...

It would seem the good chair proved that YJ is marriage material at least to CWH...

Guessing always trying to fit those pieces in finding the answers to a drama

LOL:blush:

11 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

The title really right.. its really heart fluttering. First time watched the lead guy, and really like how care he is to YJ. The story seems to be pretty simple, but their interaction is really sweet and natural. It seems YJ friend actually also hold a candle for her, but he doing so while pretend of being best friend for 10 years? Whats secret he told her? Maybe i miss something here. 

Me theory is that her friends ‘secret’ is that he’s gay, but maybe he had lied to her so that she wouldn’t suspect he had feelings for her during the years they were friends (cause of the whole idea that men and women can’t be friends). That may also be why she was against doing a fake relationship at first cause she felt she was forcing him k be a certain way? Then again if he really was, wouldn’t fake relationship be the perfectly way to protect him? So my theory may be wrong.

9 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

The title really right.. its really heart fluttering. First time watched the lead guy, and really like how care he is to YJ. The story seems to be pretty simple, but their interaction is really sweet and natural. It seems YJ friend actually also hold a candle for her, but he doing so while pretend of being best friend for 10 years? Whats secret he told her? Maybe i miss something here. 

I guess, years before he casually joke that he’s gay to make YJ more comfortable to interact with him. But unfortunately, YJ believes his joke as truth. She even told him (SH) that his ‘secret’ safe with her.

9 minutes ago, Sulistya Wati said:

I guess, years before he casually joke that he’s gay to make YJ more comfortable to interact with him. But unfortunately, YJ believes his joke as truth. She even told him (SH) that his ‘secret’ safe with her.

This is what I thought as well.

6 hours ago, philosophie said:

Me theory is that her friends ‘secret’ is that he’s gay, but maybe he had lied to her so that she wouldn’t suspect he had feelings for her during the years they were friends (cause of the whole idea that men and women can’t be friends). That may also be why she was against doing a fake relationship at first cause she felt she was forcing him k be a certain way? Then again if he really was, wouldn’t fake relationship be the perfectly way to protect him? So my theory may be wrong.

I also think think that way. In the preview, YYJ said her  best friend  will never like a woman.

Archived