[Drama 2018] Fluttering Warning / Love Watch, 설렘주의보

0ly40

They just need to start gathering evidence of all the underhanded moves The Witch and Fake Dad are doing to force him to do as they want and ruin YYJ. Then use the current anti chaebol climate against them, as this abuse of power on a grand scale. His parentage going come out anyways so be the first to use it in your favour, even better if he has proof of fire incedent...actually doesn't need proof just get the word or the rumour mill netizenswill do the rest....see how fast the stock prices for both companies start crashing.... Mwah haha :naughty:. See how fast they'll leave Milk Couple alone. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drama logic aside, why would anyone force another person to do something against their will?

Marriage - aren't you afraid that person may cheat or leave? or abuse you emotionally or even physically in the marriage?

Taking over the companies - aren't you afraid that person entering the company but doing damage from the inside? You're adamant that it has to be this person, surely because you hope with this person around, the company will benefit greatly. But since the person is forced into it, couldn't that person just laze around and do nothing? Why not find a qualified professional instead?

It's just so ridiculous the way Chairman is forcing WH to accept the shares and position... but anyway, I'm not here for those business politicking. Just wondering out loud, not gonna lose sleep over it... I'm here to watch the OTP and OTP alone :D

1 minute ago, ktcjdrama said:

Drama logic aside, why would anyone force another person to do something against their will?

Marriage - aren't you afraid that person may cheat or leave? or abuse you emotionally or even physically in the marriage?

Taking over the companies - aren't you afraid that person entering the company but doing damage from the inside? You're adamant that it has to be this person, surely because you hope with this person around, the company will benefit greatly. But since the person is forced into it, couldn't that person just laze around and do nothing? Why not find a qualified professional instead?

It's just so ridiculous the way Chairman is forcing WH to accept the shares and position... but anyway, I'm not here for those business politicking. Just wondering out loud, not gonna lose sleep over it... I'm here to watch the OTP and OTP alone :D

That'd so be me....burn the whole house down from the inside. By the time am done daddy dearest will be bankrupt and having a chat with the prosecutors. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

what the deal with W H that she need to hook on him i wonder.

Wasn't there a scene in the first episode where her dad told her that she was out of the family if she didn't get W H to marry her?  My memory is fuzzy but it was something like that.  She surely has a reason for being so determined.

9 minutes ago, angelangie said:

hahaha maybe that is why.....but i didnt really pay attention to her :x i only pay attention to our OTP :D 

I ignored her at first just because she was annoying but now I see she's important in the plot.  Maybe I should re-watch episode 1!

28 minutes ago, thistle said:

Wasn't there a scene in the first episode where her dad told her that she was out of the family if she didn't get W H to marry her?  My memory is fuzzy but it was something like that.  She surely has a reason for being so determined.

Yup. He had her on the side so not in the register. To be full accepted and officially acknowledged as family he wants her to come bearing gifts. He also threaten to stop supporting her if she isn't successful.

49 minutes ago, tas82 said:

Yup. He had her on the side so not in the register. To be full accepted and officially acknowledged as family he wants her to come bearing gifts. He also threaten to stop supporting her if she isn't successful.

Thanks!  That is the part that I was trying to recall.  

I did actually re-watch part of the first episode, and it was surprising how much WH's mom and dad were teaming up to force him to marry HY.  Also the first thing HY told him when she met WH was that she "had to" marry him.

watched ep 7 and 8 and for some reason, am reminded of a saeguk. in many ways, it feels like a modern day saeguk because the reasons they can't be together has to do with the choego group which is like the throne of this little business. and am really enjoying that despite all the fluff, the relationships feel engaged and have depth that the fluff doesn't give you a tooth ache and feel bored. @ktcjdrama ~ normally, all this politicking would bore me but here, it makes it interesting because of the way side characters and relationships twists and turns as a result and gives the drama that little bit of depth.

so like the stepbrother hyung. woo hyoon was quite happy in his old hospital but when HY interferes, he goes to his old stepbrother. what I like is how their camaraderie and warmth is evident in how they relate to each other. he tells hyung that it is a contract relationship... with the breakup, it seems natural that yoo jeon would reach out to the sister-in-law and ask for help. and how excited were hyung and wifey. not once did they hesitate because they are in a way family. and neither does woo hyoon sigh and ask if they had the right to interfere.

and the dowager queen or lion lady as I think of woo hyoon's stepmother. without this whole trouble, there would have continued to be misunderstanding between the two. but now, he goes to her for her guidance and help in dealing with HY so that yoo jeon does not get hurt. he does not tell his mom how he feels about yoo jeon because she has not been a mother. like it finally dawned on her, for many years, woo hyoon and his mother had switched places where it was unclear who was the actual parent. however, that is not the case with dowager queen. she has always been the stepmother and elder. so it is to her that he goes to her for help and by asking her for help, he acknowledges why she must hate him and his mother but also reveals that yoo jeon is important to him. so in a backhanded way, we see that this crisis is building trust and rebuilding an alliance in a way....

and we finally see the mysterious sa hyoon, the stepbrother, who seems angsty and as uninterested in choego group as woo hyoon. basically their distaste for the business has to do with how they have been treated by the dad. and sa hyoon doesn't want to be a pawn in the game.. so it will be interesting to see how he develops further... @tas82 ~ it looks like both brothers -- woo hyoon and sa hyoon -- seem bent on not getting involved in the business and acting out in some ways to not bend to the politics and maybe we will see house burning if they join hands? ^_^

and lion lady was right in that this fight is really between HY and herself because they want the throne. for both, it is a bit of validation but the difference is that lion lady actually knows relationships and feels pain. HY on the other hand is like a robot where she sees no value in human relationships which is why her tactics is all business...

I can't stop watching the GIF with YEH massaging CMY's neck.  It's so adorable! And that upper look he gave her was just cute!!!

They are very comfortable with each other.  I don't think I ever liked any of YEH's leading man as much as I like him.  I think if they do go out he will take good care of YEH. :D

Again, thanks for all the Xman clips and the awesome GIFs! I want to see the massage GIF again.  LOL.

I was only able to watch the last two episodes today and I was glad that my analysis about the mother was correct. The moment she heard from her son CWH that the fire was linked to the chairman and his family, she got shocked and changed her mind about the marriage. I had written that the mother supported the decision of the marriage because she didn't know that she could have lost her son due to him...

Sure, her change of heart can be explained by other points: YJ's attempt to restore the relationship between mother and son, her gentleness although the mother had been rude to her aso. It was interesting to see that KHJ hurt his mother by telling her own story. She tried to make her feel guilty, however it didn't work as it made it clear that it was never about CWH's feelings, only about her own feelings and interest: her longing for a powerful family and recognition.

As for Han Jae Kyung, she wasn't aware of the change in the relationship therefore I understood why she made this kind of decision. But now she is facing a dilemma: what will she choose? Her career (the company) or YJ's happiness? The preview gives the impression that HJK will put pressure on YJ. Since YJ is part of the company (she owns shares), she needs to think about leaving the company, if her friend and director keeps saying that she should just dump CWH. 

Finally, I would like to point out that KHJ is playing with the fire, when she is using the media. The break up news was not well received by the fans and they feel that there is something wrong. Then CWH explained that he had to do it but he maintained that he loved her. Therefore if her future marriage with CWH is announced, then the netizens might realize that she used her "power" to force CWH to break up with YJ. Moreover, the journalists might question this sudden engagement and dig up the past: CWH is an illegitimate son aso. I doubt that the chairman would like to see this in the newspapers. KHJ thinks that with her position she can do anything, yet she is unaware of the power coming from the netizens. Imagine... they could decide to boycott Kang's products and even avoid Chaego company. 

anyone counting the hours until tomorrow night like I do? :D

there's a scene of Kang Hye Joo which I did not get ...when she was talking to somebody then Woo Hyun was walking by, then she said "I have found the man..". Was she merely attracted to him at that moment? Or had she done her research and only made up her mind at that moment? 

14 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I was only able to watch the last two episodes today and I was glad that my analysis about the mother was correct. The moment she heard from her son CWH that the fire was linked to the chairman and his family, she got shocked and changed her mind about the marriage. I had written that the mother supported the decision of the marriage because she didn't know that she could have lost her son due to him...

Sure, her change of heart can be explained by other points: YJ's attempt to restore the relationship between mother and son, her gentleness although the mother had been rude to her aso. It was interesting to see that KHJ hurt his mother by telling her own story. She tried to make her feel guilty, however it didn't work as it made it clear that it was never about CWH's feelings, only about her own feelings and interest: her longing for a powerful family and recognition.

As for Han Jae Kyung, she wasn't aware of the change in the relationship therefore I understood why she made this kind of decision. But now she is facing a dilemma: what will she choose? Her career (the company) or YJ's happiness? The preview gives the impression that HJK will put pressure on YJ. Since YJ is part of the company (she owns shares), she needs to think about leaving the company, if her friend and director keeps saying that she should just dump CWH. 

Finally, I would like to point out that KHJ is playing with the fire, when she is using the media. The break up news was not well received by the fans and they feel that there is something wrong. Then CWH explained that he had to do it but he maintained that he loved her. Therefore if her future marriage with CWH is announced, then the netizens might realize that she used her "power" to force CWH to break up with YJ. Moreover, the journalists might question this sudden engagement and dig up the past: CWH is an illegitimate son aso. I doubt that the chairman would like to see this in the newspapers. KHJ thinks that with her position she can do anything, yet she is unaware of the power coming from the netizens. Imagine... they could decide to boycott Kang's products and even avoid Chaego company. 

Wow. I couldn’t agree more with your opinion. It would be interesting if the novel writer also has the same train of thoughts. 

Or better yet, CWH agreed to wed KHJ and left her at the altar. *evil laugh*

On 11/25/2018 at 10:16 PM, thistle said:

hi there, @thistle,

I wrote my reply to you in my blog. I'll just put an excerpt here to avoid making this post long.

I don’t think it was explicitly said that Wannabe Wife was going to be disowned by the family if she didn’t get WH to marry her.

However, she did receive a phone call, in Episode 3, while she was exercising on the treadmill where she was told she would have to "give up everything she was aiming for." Her goal could be interpreted as being the Madam of Choego group and/or being a cherished daughter of her father's family.

According to the subs, she said “Chairman” when she answered her phone. That's why I originally thought she was speaking to WH’s dad, Chairman Cha. Here's their conversation:

Chairman: You still haven’t confirmed the marriage details with Cha Woo Hyeon?
Wannabe Wife: We’re just getting to know each other better so please give me more time.
Chairman: You said if I created the context you could make Cha Woo Hyeon ours and be seated atop Choego Group. I trusted you to come this far because you were so confident.
Wannabe Wife: Yes, I know that well.
Chairman: If you can’t keep your promise to me, and miss that chance to align closely with Choego Group, you’re going to have to give up everything you’re aiming for now.
Wannabe Wife: Yes, Chairman.

Flashback to when she first met WooHyun. She was saying on the phone, “In order to cover the issue of my birth, we need to marry a son of a top five family. A talent that can be seated as the leader of the group.”

When she spotted WH walking by (yeah, right! What a coincidence, eh?) she decided, “I found my match.”

After that flashback, she vowed to herself, “I will definitely not miss it, Father.”  :( That's when I realized that the "Chairman" she was addressing to earlier was her own father.

This odd father-daughter phone conversation substantiated what she told WH in Episode 2. She said her family’s lack of interest in her until she received a marriage proposal.

Her words: I’m also a child of wedlock. When I was seven, I moved into my father’s house. But I have no memory of ever being treated like family or as a person. I was only ignored and was an outcast. But because of the marriage proposal with you, for the first time I became someone important in my family.

Also, in Episode 3, shortly before Chairman Cha was going to announce WH's transition as the company’s leader, she met her father in the company of Chairman Cha.

Kangan: I heard my HJ has been racking up a lot of favors recently. (Meaning, she’s been asking for favors, NOT granting favors.)
Cha: What favors? She’s so smart that I’m the one taking the help for granted.
Kangan: I’m so grateful to hear that. Anyway, with our new structure, I hope that our Cheogo group and Kangan group will become an organization that will lead South Korea into the future.
Cha: (laughing) Very well said. Your participation would be essential.
Kangan: Are we some strangers when we’re going to become family?

To me, Chairman Kang came off as fulsome or flattering in his appreciation of their partnership. When he told Cha that his daughter had been asking for favors, he was expecting to be denied graciously by Cha. He was "humble-bragging” about HJ in order to praise their great new partnership of the Cheogo and Kangan groups.

rswSGhs.jpg

By the way, SaHyeon, the Other Son, was among the entourage, walking beside his mother.

Then Wannabe Wife arrived. WH’s father smiled at her but her own father pounced on her.

Kang/her father: When’s WooHyun coming?
Wannabe Wife: (looking at Chairman Cha who smiles back and nods at her): Any minute now, Father.

Her father frowned at her, side-eyed Chairman Cha, then gave her a displeased look.

gLzprWW.png

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/11/27/fluttering-alert-on-fathers-and-daughters

On 11/25/2018 at 6:58 AM, angelangie said:

i didnt like the way she spoke to WH's mother......it was honestly very disrespectful.....so what if she isnt the legal wife....just a kept woman? still she is your elder....

she spoke as if she knew everything!

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

@angelangie is on a warpath now. :lol:

I agree. The way she spoke to WH’s mom is vastly different from the way YooJung spoke to his mom.  Although the mom minced no words in telling YJ that she disapproved of her, YJ was deferential, understanding and appeasing. She even tried aegyo on her -- which worked! (But if she were my in-law, I’d limit my meetings with her to family gatherings like Thanksgiving, Fourth of July, and Mother’s Day where there would be tons of witnesses to deter me from committing homicide. hahaha.)

This Wannabe Wife however spoke with zero aegyo. She spoke in a matter-of-fact style. She forgot that she was in a tearoom (not a boardroom) with a potential mother-in-law and that she needed to be more deferential in tone.  

WW: Mother, I received a part of the business from my father in order to support WH. 
Mom: Is that so? (coldly)
WW: It’s a medical and biological engineering business. It’s the business that Chairman Cha wanted the most of those in Kanghan Group.
Mom: Well, if it has to do with anything medical, then my WH would do wel;
WW: Yes, it’s a business that my father put a lot of effort into. He says that he’ll give it to WH if he marries me. 
Mom: Really? (coldly again)
WW: WH needs this kind of weapon in order to be able to fight against Chairman Cha’s brothers, and CEO Cha SeHyun as well as Chief Director Go Kyeong Won.

(up to here, Wannabe Wife was nice to her)

Mom:  But what should I do? My WH dislikes both Choego Group and you.
WW: You have to change WH’s mind. 
Mom: It wouldn’t matter. My WH is the type who won’t do something until he dies if he doesn’t want to do it. 
WW: Do you wish him to live as a person with no father, siblings, background, or roots because of you, Mother? 
Mom: What do you mean, no roots? How could you talk like that? 

The mother objected to WW saying that she wasn’t a “root” for WH. Here, I understood roots to signify family bonds, connections, heritage, and values. If WH didn’t agree to this marriage/merger/whatever, then he would lose whatever connections he had with the Cha family. (Which was non-existent anyway…lol.) 

On one hand, mentioning “roots” is a definite slur to her being an unwed mother. The Wannabe Wife had no business pointing this out to her. But on the other hand, because WooHyun is illegitimate and he did have to suffer society’s stigma and ostracism. Bloodlines matter, in a Confucian culture, not to mention a hierarchical and PATRIARCHAL society. So the Wannabe Wife is only stating the obvious. 

But for us viewers, there’s an added layer to this interpretation. We know that WH’s mother had been a … hmm… what’s the nice word for this?… a CASUAL parent. She wasn’t there for him when he needed her. 

So yes, I agree the mom had the right to be offended here. She could be offended either because WW was rude to her or because her conscience pricked her.  

To continue…

WW: I heard this countless of times as I was growing up. The mother who gave birth to me tried to commit suicide and even decided to emigrate so that I wouldn’t hear things like that (meaning that she had no father, siblings, background, or roots). So they sent me to Father’s house. 

Here I think it dawned on the mother that this crazy, hateful, determined, greedy girl was also a deeply-troubled one. She suffered, too, as an illegitimate child.  

So yes, I think WW’s approach was wrong. She could have been subtler when she shared her sad childhood story. Remember, YooJung also shared her sad story about her estrangement with her father. But she did it with a lot more finesse and tact. 

:D

source: http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/11/27/fluttering-alert-on-mothers-and-daughters

@Jemrie dear! I'm stealing your gifs, okay? Don't arrest me! lol. 

1 hour ago, packmule3 said:

hi there, @thistle,

I wrote my reply to you in my blog. I'll just put an excerpt here to avoid making this post long.

Thank you for making such a detailed answer.  There is a lot to think about with the motivations of the two Chaebol (did I spell that right?) families.  Truthfully, I don't understand power-hungry people like those, and it bothers me when characters are so pushy with members of their own families.   

If this drama wants to continue to tug at our heartstrings, I would expect that we should be shown another side to HJ's character because no one is really only evil.   I have no sympathy for her (neither do most people, it appears), and that seems wrong.  There should be some balance, so I hope that we will hear more about her motivations.

@thistle Actually, I am not bothered by KHJ's behaviour and actions. The description of her childhood and the scenes with her father underline perfectly why she is so determined to get married to CWH. She doesn't realize how wrong her actions are because of her selfishness and past trauma. Since she was never acknowledged and was always treated like nothing by her own family (her father's), she had to become "selfish" in order to "survive". If she hadn't been like that, she would have kind of disappeared. Her existence would have been denied. So the circumstances of her life turned her into a selfish person. Her strength became her flaw in the long run as she stopped looking at others. 

Then like @packmule3 illustrated it, she feels herself like she has no roots. In her eyes, she can only exist when she gets married. Only with her marriage, her father will recognize her and treat her better, besides she will have her own family. Sure, she is also projecting her own mentality into CWH. Since he had a similar past, she also believes that CWH has the same wish and desire. She is not entirely wrong: CWH has been longing for a family and father too which is the reason why he sees YJ's father as his own father and why he put two bowls on the table, when he used to eat alone. Nonetheless unlike KHJ, CWH is smart enough to realize that belonging to a powerful family will never give him that feeling of family and love. KHJ is in that matter too naive. First, CWH witnessed the fight between his father and his step-mother, he also noticed that his step-brother was unhappy himself. Another explanation why KHJ and CWH think totally differently is that his own mother had a different approach how to resolve the problem with the lack of roots and connections: she did not run away (moving abroad) in order to hide like KHJ's mother who tried to commit suicide, his mother chose to find another man in her life. Yes, she failed... as she got divorced so often, however due to her marriages, CWH found a hyung. He was able to connect to others, while KHJ has been focusing on herself all this time. The choice of his career is another explanation: CWH wanted to ensure that nothing connects him to his biological father, KHJ did the exact opposite. She decided to work for her father (his company) thinking that this might create a bound between her and her father but she failed. 

Finally, we shouldn't forget that CWH almost died in the fire which created a huge riff between him and his biological father. So far, KHJ has not been hurt physically by her own father. 

@angelangie@Far^away In my opinion, KHJ's background should be revealed as well so that her father's reputation is tarnished. KHJ became like that because of him... the two fathers should experience the disgrace she and CWH have been facing but the best punishment would be that they are abandoned by their own family. Both fathers are terrible, they only care for their own interest: their company. 

30 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

histle Actually, I am not bothered by KHJ's behaviour and actions. The description of her childhood and the scenes with her father underline perfectly why she is so determined to get married to CWH. She doesn't realize how wrong her actions are because of her selfishness and past trauma.

That is a good point.  But I think that finding a reason for selfish behavior is one thing, and excusing it is quite another.  The first is understandable; the second only encourages more of the foul behavior.  It is essentially the difference between the way an adult behaves and the way a toddler does.  We expect an adult to be capable of action but a child is only capable of reaction.  HJ is acting like a selfish brat, and she should be capable of so much more.

IMHO, it is incumbent upon each person to rise above whatever circumstances that surround them--that we should attempt to overcome the things that have harmed us, that we should do better than those who have shown us only cruelty.  Thus, I am really very bothered by a character's unworthy and unkind behavior.  And I would like to be shown some humanity to her character--saying that she has been harmed is not enough; she needs to reach past her own injury to help another.

Archived