[Drama 2018] Fluttering Warning / Love Watch, 설렘주의보

0ly40

Hi guys, I don't know how many of you have seen this already, but I just watched it, and am now squealing over what happened from 1:07 onwards! I think this will be soon? Since ep 5 preview shows WH getting hurt while protecting YJ from her attacker. Excited! :wub:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My take on Episode 3 is here:

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/11/11/fluttering-alert-ep-3-on-asking-for-favors

It’s quite long so relax your eyes before reading it. I think when he said that WH didn’t expect any favors from YJ, he wasn’t trying to be dismissive of her generosity. It was more like he’d been used to be self-sufficient that he couldn’t envision asking for favors from her. 

Also, his complicated relationship with his mother colored the way he viewed his relationship with YJ. It wasn’t by accident that he drew the curtains while YJ cried.   

And last, YJ’s insistence that she paid him back for his good deeds would thaw his opinion on self-reliance. YJ values reciprocity or rewarding kind actions with like kind actions, and it’s been hard for WH to ignore her offer of assistance. 

Overall, I thought Episode 3 was successful in giving us an insight into WH’s character. Although it was YJ who driving the plot, WH’s reactions to her were fun to watch. 

More here: http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/11/11/fluttering-alert-ep-3-on-asking-for-favors

@unhelpful

You raised a good point there. The development of the relationship between YJ and WH is more finessed than that of YJ’s brother and the reporter. Thank goodness because this is supposed to be the actress' comeback drama! 

To be quite honest, in this MeToo environment, I found some of the brother’s antics quite questionable. Examples: holding her hand when she was simply asking for the walkie-talkie. Or tending to her scrape with more attention than was called for. If the reporter didn’t like him one bit, his actions could be misconstrued as unsolicited and harassing.  

I wish writers would stop doing this kind of side-show.  Why can’t colleagues just be colleagues treating each other professionally instead of viewing each other as the potential main squeeze?  

But it doesn’t help that the actor playing the brother comes off as fake. I’m sorrynotsorry. Perhaps if he acted more convincingly, then he wouldn’t look like so creepy. 

@vegaspink

Yes, I agree. The money argument was realistic – and funny when I look at it from my perspective. Most young men I know would side with WH and consider it rude if I suddenly offer to pay a large amount of money in exchange for their time spent with me. They'd think, "Whut? Are we gigolos? Is she a sugar-mommy? What's going on here?" So...why would YJ be any different just because she was younger? :phew:

And yes, the apology scene was well-executed. It was subtle; it was clever and it worked without the bells and whistles of a multimillion dollar project. But I do wonder what happened to the apple....

@USAFarmgirl

Are you here, too? That's awesome! I don’t know how long I’ll be here because I’ll be sent to deal with shenanigans down our southern border (sigh). But while I’m here I’ll write more.

Yes, I like the fire connection. Knowing how this writer uses tropes, I wouldn’t be surprised if her mother’s brother’s wife’s cousin’s long-lost twin brother was involved in the fire accident and saved WH. And what a weird way to start a fire. That power strip didn’t an internal circuit breaker?? 

What I do find interesting is that WH keeps on asking her about the fire. I wrote somewhere that while she carried her memento of the fire as a scar on his back, he kept a memento. That necklace that he wears must have been the dog tag of the fire rescuer. If he lived with his dog tag, he should let her live with her scar, too. 

Re. the fake date. You’re right, he was thinking about her. He cut it short because he realized that she was imagining her old ex-boyfriend there with her on the couch instead of seeing him. I don’t know if you noticed it but she called him by her ex-boyfriend’s name. OUCHHHHH. But instead of correcting her, he just let it pass. That was awkward x 100.

Uhhhh... who's JaeMin??!!

sOY5a37.jpg

I found their glamping (GLamorous + cAMPING = glamping) quaintly Korean. They went through all that expense of renting a humongous tent and camping gear and they STILL dined on ramen noodles? hahaha. I was expecting steak kabobs or grilled salmon with lemon, cherry tomato and artichoke on skewers, seafood paella in tinfoil or seafood pasta with creamy white wine in tinfoil, and German Riesling. Then for breakfast, blueberry beer pancakes!!! Gosh, I’m hungry now. 

Anyway, what I like about that glamping scene is their stroll. I like how YJ clings to his arm like she's some kind of koala hanging on to a tree branch every time they go on walks. He did look awkward with those thumbs in the jean pockets but oh well….he’s still cute as a peanut. 

@Jemrie

Thanks for this gif.

OuQi8JG.gif

When I first watched her do her aerials, I found it distracting that her gluteus maximus were unevenly hanging from hoop. lol. But afterwards I just marveled at her ability to suspend like that. Wow! Some morning I trip over our roving roombas. :crazy:

Did you also notice that she has an built-in climbing wall, too? Neat. She has an exercise room while he has workshop. If they get married, they have their own man-cave/she-cave.

But I am aware that there's a stereotype being pushed here. She’s feminine so she does the sensual, graceful aerial hoop as pasttime. Meanwhile, he’s masculine so he works with the power tools.

There’s nothing wrong with these gender stereotypes but if I were the director, I would have reversed it just for kicks. She does carpentry and he does the… hmmm… aerial hoops would be a bit too much. He can do flying trapeze instead. :)

@joonminfan

Thanks for the preview. So... we're getting our first couple kiss on week 3? I can't complain. Here's hoping that she doesn't pull the curtains on him like he did with her.  lol. 

@tinkerbelle2004

Hi there, tink! Welcome to soompi. Just keep on posting. Everybody has his/her own interpretation so it should be fun to read them. Vive la difference!  

Have a good week, y'all! 

8 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

Did you also notice that she has an built-in climbing wall, too? Neat. She has an exercise room while he has workshop. If they get married, they have their own man-cave/she-cave.

Yes, I did! Color me green with envy... I want both for a me-cave B)

12 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yes, I did! Color me green with envy... I want both for a me-cave B)

hahaha. I call dibs on a kdrama-cave.  With a magical walk-in closet (ala Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe) that brings me straight to the site of my current kdrama.   

What did you think of YEH outfits?

I liked that scene when she was picking out clothes for him. When he demurred after a few changes, she didn't force him. She just let him be. I like this about this character. She doesn't nag. :D

1 hour ago, packmule3 said:

I liked that scene when she was picking out clothes for him. When he demurred after a few changes, she didn't force him. She just let him be. I like this about this character. She doesn't nag. :D

Some of her outfits work for me. Some don't. I especially like the ones she was wearing for the photoshoot... When WH cut open her dress, I was screaming nooooo..... I mean, she isn't unconscious and she can still change out of it into a patient robe?? Oh well...

Yes, I really like their interactions. And how what she said about reason for trying many different outfits was then used by WH to comfort her about the failures in her love life...

1 hour ago, packmule3 said:

hahaha. I call dibs on a kdrama-cave.  With a magical walk-in closet (ala Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe) that brings me straight to the site of my current kdrama.   

I love reading your in-depth analysis of WH and YJ's interactions! Keep them coming please. It seems like not a lot of drama-watchers are talking about this online, or maybe it's because I don't know where to look, but I really appreciate your insights. :blush:

Hello! Hello!

I hope I am welcome here :)

I have enjoyed the 4 episodes of Fluttering Alert and I really do like our couple here :wub: 

I have been a fan of YEH since Goong so it is a welcome change for me to finally see her in a good drama come back. I like what I see :D  I am not a fan of CJM but his growing on me. :)

There's a few scenes that I love: 

1- WH watching over YJ while she rests after her advertisement accident  

2 - WH announcing that he is her bf,

3- walking while trying to look like they are lovebirds (thought this was so natural and funny too)

4- when WH answered YJ's ex phone call

5- when WH cleared the dishes after their dinner, YJ wanted to help but he did it. 

Looking forward to more of our 'fake' couple until that coming kiss!!! :D 

3 minutes ago, agdr03 said:

Hello! Hello!

I have enjoyed the 4 episodes of Fluttering Alert and I really do like our couple here :wub: 

I have been a fan of YEH since Goong so it is a welcome change for me to finally see her in a good drama come back. I like what I see :D  I am not a fan of CJM but his growing on me. :)

3- walking while trying to look like they are lovebirds (thought this was so natural and funny too)

5- when WH cleared the dishes after their dinner, YJ wanted to help but he did it. 

Yes your welcome here @agdr03 The more the merrier..  I'm looking forward to fake becoming real.. It's going to become real because of the crazy girl.. She's going to go all out because she stands to loose what lil fotting she has in that most likely dysfunctional family.

44 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

Yes your welcome here @agdr03 The more the merrier..  I'm looking forward to fake becoming real.. It's going to become real because of the crazy girl.. She's going to go all out because she stands to loose what lil fotting she has in that most likely dysfunctional family.

thank you @sava2sava  :)  

Yes, I wonder when will the fake become real? Maybe after the kiss in the hospital? Let's hope so. The way WH looks at YJ is definitely different from that teaser. 

Also, that lady is coming very strong indeed! She's doing everything to get WH. Let's see where it leads :)

On 11/10/2018 at 8:59 PM, packmule3 said:

He opened the box and inside it, he found a letter, a bouquet and an apple.

lol. If there’s one word you all have to remember in kdramas it’s this: apple is “sagwa” in Korean. “Sagwa” is a homophone. It can also mean “sorry.”

kekeke.. waving hello at @packmule3 hello-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455361 ;  yup, this is the first drama we are watching. we have different tastes. not keen on dramas where I have no clue who the OTP are.:P  hahahaha...

it is funny -- I did see the apple but didn't connect it to sagwa. instead, I was wondering why she only sent one and whether there was some more underneath in that box. how does one buy just one apple? ^_^ granted, there are times, when I just buy 150 gms of some vegetable and a single apple can weight that much... yes, random details... but all we need to know is sagwa also means sorry. righto! :D

Rewatching til Wednesday...  Hate weekdays but nowadays, it just can't come soon enough.

Anywayzzz, in episode 2, when she barged into his home drunk.....  I realized how easily our two leads get along....  She convinced him to eat with him, thus opening a bit to her but it seems to be enough that he looked like he was going to give her a ride to wherever she wanted to go before.  Initially, he refused but after eating and talking to her, they seemed to be going somewhere since they ended up in the parking garage... 

And I love how even though they didn't address it and we didn't see him change his mind, the drama showed that 1) CWH is not a stubborn mule (like most leads usually are) 2) YJ is good at making people trust her (she's sincere and has empathy towards another being, even when she herself is having a difficult time) 3) their conversation went better than what is shown since he had a complete 180 from not eating with her to doing so and not giving her a ride to (again) doing so.  Not only that, his attitude with her at the garage is completely different from that morning.  4) the drama does not dwell on details, as much as other dramas (I mean, they didn't even re-address the ride but we know what was happening)

I really like how this drama does not dwell too much on details and that the characters (at least the leads) aren't stubborn.  CWH is not stubborn with how he changed his attitude towards YJ and YJ is not stubborn with her not pushing CWH to get her way (the ride and in ep 3, she didn't keep pushing him to be her fake bf)

While waiting for the next episode, I watched Knowing Bros (Ask Us Anything) with Chun Jung Myung as a guest. And I am really surprised cause he is not what I imagined.

Like having near death experience, and be jiujitsu black belt holder only for 6 years while commonly it needs 10 yrs to do so. Having a girlfriend which is a daughter-of-a-gangster-boss and being beaten by him...

Oh my... :sweatingbullets: what a manly life he has:wub:

it's been a while since I come to soompi and I'm back for this drama :w00t:

To be honest, I wasn't expecting anything when I first started watching but Chun Jung Myung and Yoon Eun Hye is such darlings in here I can't even.....

The series really grows on you! I kind of love how the characters grows and this drama brings back the old k-drama feel. :wub:

This also my first CJM drama and surprisingly he has me hooked on his quiet, understated performance. Thumbs up!

Can't wait for Wednesday because I want to see the OTP again so much.... esp.WH... :D 

On a side note, does anyone else feel weird seeing WH-fiance-wannabe with her secretary? He was by her side when she was exercising full of sweat, then when he covered her with towel as she was climbing out of the pool... too close and personal, I'd say... wouldn't be surprised if in the end the secretary turned out to be holding a torch for her :P 

9 hours ago, agdr03 said:

Hello! Hello!

:D

I made my list, too, girlfriend! It has lots of pictures so I'm not going to double post over here. Tell me if I overlooked anything.

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/11/12/fluttering-alert-heart-fluttering-moments-ep-4

But I totally agree: clearing the dishes is 100% a swoon-worthy moment. It's funny that you and @USAFarmgirl mentioned it. 

@Jemrie,

I borrowed a couple of your gifs and pics. Hope you don't mind. Saved me time taking screenshots of them. 

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke.. waving hello at @packmule3 hello-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455361 ;  yup, this is the first drama we are watching. we have different tastes. not keen on dramas where I have no clue who the OTP are.:P  hahahaha...

it is funny -- I did see the apple but didn't connect it to sagwa. instead, I was wondering why she only sent one and whether there was some more underneath in that box. how does one buy just one apple? ^_^ granted, there are times, when I just buy 150 gms of some vegetable and a single apple can weight that much... yes, random details... but all we need to know is sagwa also means sorry. righto! :D

Heyyyy... where did you get this emoji hello-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455361 ?  Did @CamelKnight finally get to work our requests of emojis??? What's that dude up to? Anyway...

The apple is a trope specific to Kdramas. I thought it was cute that the apple came wrapped up like that.

And oh! Here's a little bit of trivia because you and I like this kinda thing. Do you know that stores here mostly sell perfectly-shaped apples, pears, lemons, and other produce? lol. If Korea has this problem with cosmetically enhanced faces, then America has a problem too with ugly fruits. I've always wondered what happened to them. They probably became feeds for animals or something. Well, I discovered that there's start-up company that buys these deformed fruits and sells them. It's an interesting concept. And now when I go to farmer's markets,  I pick the imperfect fruits, too. The only time I see fruits here individually wrapped like YJ's is when I go Korean stores.

https://www.imperfectproduce.com/about-us

@angelangie!

My BFF from the dinosaur age?  Muwah.  I'm glad you're here. Who's WangSo? Is this from that kdrama with IU and the four/five/six princes who loved her? 

@ktcjdrama,

YJ said, " “We found out what kind of clothes suit you the best because we tried on all those clothes. This was a meaningful struggle.”

He said, "You said this before. You find out the first outfit you put on is the better one after you put on the next one. It was a meaningful hardship. Now you’ve gained the discernment to see a good guy due to Hwang Jae Min. Think of it as a meaningful bad encounter and shake it off."

I agree I liked that part...although it was kinda cheesy. lol. The funny thing this isn't the first time that WH mentioned looking for a "good" guy/girl. He said that before in Episode 1. Hmmm...I'll have to write about this in my blog. 

As for the clothes, I liked this outfit. It would be a pain to wash and iron though with those plastic-y flowers but it looked cute for spring wear. 

evWo3KO.jpg

Archived