[Drama 2018] Fluttering Warning / Love Watch, 설렘주의보

0ly40

10 minutes ago, curiousyeh said:

I like the development of their relationship. Did you notice that YYJ slightly  giggled when she reached for her phone to playback the conversation between her jerk ex & CWY? For one, she knew that she can get over the hurt & betrayal of that due to encouragement of the doctor.  But the main reason, she want to clearly hear what the doctor told him. Maybe, her extreme emotion made her to somehow shut out her world around her 

Yes she did haha...not too over excited...just a relief  that someone stand behind her...and helping to build her confidence...that way of love dont show us    Lately in kdramas...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see YEH on TV again. She is my first favorite kdrama actress via Goong/Princess Hours. I watched it several times. I watched Coffee Prince, Lie to Me several times(with my son), too coz I've watched all her dramas and I patiently waited for her return. Her chemistry with Chun Jung Myung is amazing.   I agree with all that both leads are very good actors. My husband even laughed at the dating scenes. Love, love, love them! I watched episodes without sub on different websites including navertv even if I only know very few Korean words. And watched the subbed episodes. 

This couple is so cute... Only moments after the announcement of their fake relationship and they have their first real couple-fight already.... ^_^

And why put things in writing? That's one solid evidence that will only cause trouble... Since this drama is kinda old school, that agreement will definitely come into play in the future :lol:

4 hours ago, curiousyeh said:

Did you notice that YYJ slightly  giggled when she reached for her phone to playback the conversation between her jerk ex & CWY?

I don't understand this part... When did this happen? I thought she reached for her phone to check the English script that she asked her manager about. To me it was an accident playback and it was the first time she heard the whole conversation because she sort of spaced out when WH took her phone away from her hand.

11 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I don't understand this part... When did this happen? I thought she reached for her phone to check the English script that she asked her manager about. To me it was an accident playback and it was the first time she heard the whole conversation because she sort of spaced out when WH took her phone away from her hand.

So I’m so wrong. I stand corrected.

Here's my quick take on a scene in Episode 4.   I'm only going to post an excerpt because my actual commentary has lots of pictures and I don't want to bore readers here more than necessary. :phew:

Hi, @Lmangla I have to drop by our ship later, I accidentally read a salacious gossip on Guigui's BFF. Hmmm...is this the first kdrama that we're watching at the same time? After all these years? 

from  http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/11/10/fluttering-alert-ep-4-on-symmetry

On Symmetry.

OyeG04F.jpg

This is why I’m sticking around with this kdrama. For moments like this, I can overlook clichés, non-existent cinematography, and second-rate acting from secondary characters.

Our couple had been at an impasse.

WooHyun misunderstood YooJung's offer to help him financially with his new hospital venture and she didn’t realize how fiercely proud he was of his financial independence. To exacerbate their quarrel, her manager also suggested monetary compensation. He was fuming because he thought she had put her manager up to it. Giving her a disappointed look, he rejected their “contract dating” and walked out on their briefing. All she could after his departure was to scold her manager for thinking that he could be paid-off easily, and to demand that she apologized to him.

In the next scene, YooJung was exercising.

AAzIGNx.jpg

She replayed the words she heard him say on separate occasions. “We are doctors. We’re not peddlers selling surgeries at some market. If my diagnosis is wrong, then I’ll quit being a doctor….I don’t eat with people that I don’t know.”

She also recalled their handshake shortly before they had the falling-out. He said back then, “Let’s give it our best shot because I may have to give up on myself if our cover is blown.”

Remembering all these, she told herself that their situation is difficult. In her judgment, “He seems like a difficult person, (meaning, he could be stubborn, obstinate, set in his ways, etc.) but he also seems like a good person.”

And then her doorbell rang. She jumped up from her reverie and ran to the door….

Next scene, WooHyun was at his workshop making furniture for his clinic.

KP8MAWF.jpg

He was replaying in his mind the pressure he received from people to marry. His mother told him, “Live your life with money and power, and do what you want. And fall in love too.” The wannabe fiancée said, “Instead of thinking of it as marriage, think of it as a strategy to get what each of us wants.” And his father said, “I’m worried as to what kind of deal you made with Yoon YooJung.”

Then, he remembered YooJung’s words right after their handshake which caused their falling-out. She said, “Put your personal pride aside and just tell me honestly. I want to be able to pay you back for all you’ve done. Isn’t it obvious to assume that the most important thing you need to running a new hospital is money?”

Frustrated, he told himself that he had been mistaken to expect more from her. “I thought she was a different person. They’re all exactly the same.” In his mind, she too would parlay a personal relationship into a cold economic transaction with mutual benefits.

And then HIS doorbell rang. He walked back to the living room with a delivery box in his hand.

He opened the box and inside it, he found a letter, a bouquet and an apple.

lol. If there’s one word you all have to remember in kdramas it’s this: apple is “sagwa” in Korean. “Sagwa” is a homophone. It can also mean “sorry.”

He opened the letter, and written on top of it is the word “merci” meaning “Thank you” in French. We wouldn't know the contents of the letter till later in the episode but whatever it was, he was appeased after reading it.

Then he saw a bouquet of flowers. There was another note attached to it, “Purple Hyacinth words – Sorry.”  He smiled after reading this.

Finally, the next scene, YooJung’s manager got off the elevator and she was met by their in-house reporter. The contract dating was back on again.

Do you see how subtle the script was?

I like it that the director left it up to the viewers to string the connection of the scenes together. He didn't insult our intelligence by over-explaining things or giving us a slow-mo apology scene with a schmaltzy OST in the background.

Instead, he gave us the SYMMETRY between the actions of the couple to guide us through the development and resolution of their conflict. YooJung was upset by their first “couple fight” but so was WooHyun. She busied herself with exercise to keep her mind off it, just like he kept himself occupied with woodwork to keep his anger at bay. She was pondering over his rigidity while he too was reflecting (and over-reacting, lol) on the coercion he received from his people. Then, her doorbell interrupted her brooding, and so did his.

However, she was expecting that doorbell and he wasn't.

She rushed off to answer to it, and off-camera, she handed a package to the door. Then, in another scene, he too went to answer the door, and off-camera, he was handed the package that she had sent earlier.

See the symmetry? The action of one character was expertly created to parallel and mirror the action of the other person so they could be linked in time and space. And the apology was their main connection.

YJ offered the proverbial olive branch (or in this case, the purple hyacinth posy) to end their disagreement, and her apology made him realized that he’d been wrong in his estimation of her. In her clumsy way, she had only ever wanted to show her gratitude for his help. She didn’t mean to offend him. Hence, the word "merci" on the letterhead. All along, she wanted to thank him.

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/11/10/fluttering-alert-ep-4-on-symmetry

34 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

Here's my quick take on a scene in Episode 4.   I'm only going to post an excerpt because my actual commentary has lots of pictures and I don't want to bore readers here more than necessary. :phew:

Hi, @Lmangla I have to drop by our ship later, I accidentally read a salacious gossip on Guigui's BFF. Hmmm...is this the first kdrama that we're watching at the same time? After all these years? 

from  http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/11/10/fluttering-alert-ep-4-on-symmetry

On Symmetry.

This is why I’m sticking around with this kdrama. For moments like this, I can overlook clichés, non-existent cinematography, and second-rate acting from secondary characters.

Our couple had been at an impasse.

WooHyun misunderstood YooJung's offer to help him financially with his new hospital venture and she didn’t realize how fiercely proud he was of his financial independence. To exacerbate their quarrel, her manager also suggested monetary compensation. He was fuming because he thought she had put her manager up to it. Giving her a disappointed look, he rejected their “contract dating” and walked out on their briefing. All she could after his departure was to scold her manager for thinking that he could be paid-off easily, and to demand that she apologized to him.

In the next scene, YooJung was exercising.

She replayed the words she heard him say on separate occasions. “We are doctors. We’re not peddlers selling surgeries at some market. If my diagnosis is wrong, then I’ll quit being a doctor….I don’t eat with people that I don’t know.”

She also recalled their handshake shortly before they had the falling-out. He said back then, “Let’s give it our best shot because I may have to give up on myself if our cover is blown.”

Remembering all these, she told herself that their situation is difficult. In her judgment, “He seems like a difficult person, (meaning, he could be stubborn, obstinate, set in his ways, etc.) but he also seems like a good person.”

And then her doorbell rang. She jumped up from her reverie and ran to the door….

Next scene, WooHyun was at his workshop making furniture for his clinic.

He was replaying in his mind the pressure he received from people to marry. His mother told him, “Live your life with money and power, and do what you want. And fall in love too.” The wannabe fiancée said, “Instead of thinking of it as marriage, think of it as a strategy to get what each of us wants.” And his father said, “I’m worried as to what kind of deal you made with Yoon YooJung.”

Then, he remembered YooJung’s words right after their handshake which caused their falling-out. She said, “Put your personal pride aside and just tell me honestly. I want to be able to pay you back for all you’ve done. Isn’t it obvious to assume that the most important thing you need to running a new hospital is money?”

Frustrated, he told himself that he had been mistaken to expect more from her. “I thought she was a different person. They’re all exactly the same.” In his mind, she too would parlay a personal relationship into a cold economic transaction with mutual benefits.

And then HIS doorbell rang. He walked back to the living room with a delivery box in his hand.

He opened the box and inside it, he found a letter, a bouquet and an apple.

lol. If there’s one word you all have to remember in kdramas it’s this: apple is “sagwa” in Korean. “Sagwa” is a homophone. It can also mean “sorry.”

He opened the letter, and written on top of it is the word “merci” meaning “Thank you” in French. We wouldn't know the contents of the letter till later in the episode but whatever it was, he was appeased after reading it.

Then he saw a bouquet of flowers. There was another note attached to it, “Purple Hyacinth words – Sorry.”  He smiled after reading this.

Finally, the next scene, YooJung’s manager got off the elevator and she was met by their in-house reporter. The contract dating was back on again.

Do you see how subtle the script was?

I like it that the director left it up to the viewers to string the connection of the scenes together. He didn't insult our intelligence by over-explaining things or giving us a slow-mo apology scene with a schmaltzy OST in the background.

Instead, he gave us the SYMMETRY between the actions of the couple to guide us through the development and resolution of their conflict. YooJung was upset by their first “couple fight” but so was WooHyun. She busied herself with exercise to keep her mind off it, just like he kept himself occupied with woodwork to keep his anger at bay. She was pondering over his rigidity while he too was reflecting (and over-reacting, lol) on the coercion he received from his people. Then, her doorbell interrupted her brooding, and so did his.

However, she was expecting that doorbell and he wasn't.

She rushed off to answer to it, and off-camera, she handed a package to the door. Then, in another scene, he too went to answer the door, and off-camera, he was handed the package that she had sent earlier.

See the symmetry? The action of one character was expertly created to parallel and mirror the action of the other person so they could be linked in time and space. And the apology was their main connection.

YJ offered the proverbial olive branch (or in this case, the purple hyacinth posy) to end their disagreement, and her apology made him realized that he’d been wrong in his estimation of her. In her clumsy way, she had only ever wanted to show her gratitude for his help. She didn’t mean to offend him. Hence, the word "merci" on the letterhead. All along, she wanted to thank him.

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/11/10/fluttering-alert-ep-4-on-symmetry

so love your explanation on this scene.  i didn't quite get how deep the meaning of those stuff YYJ sent.  thanks ....... i'm loving this show and can't wait to see the next episodes.

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Her little smile started on 58:40 after she heard woo hyeon  convo with hjm :)

just checked its because my eyes trick me or my heart said so :w00t: lol

13 hours ago, Lmangla said:

even though it is fake, they both are treating each other with kindness and respect. he was so protective of her on the phone when he told the ex off. in usual contract relationships in other dramas, both feel rather burdened by each other and so take out their frustrations on each other.

here, they are on the same page in that it is mutually beneficial for both and so there's a kind of team work approach to this relationship. it makes them more protective of each other and also aware of each other's needs as they are learning about each other. when her manager ruffled his feathers, she wanted the manager to apologize. but rather than hold on to her pride, she makes the move and apologizes.

he values sincerity so much that he really appreciated her cards and flowers. it wasn't some grand gift like a car or watch but it meant more to him. and for her to see that, it definitely warmed her heart especially when her ex thought of her as a cheapo instead. it is rather sweet that her cards not only makes him smile but he keeps them as a remembrance. :wub:

Thanks for this insight. It definitely provided depth to the characters. I rewatched the scenes again. Yes. He is a sincere person and thus would soften when he feels the sincerity of the other party. 

7 hours ago, packmule3 said:

I know it's not nice to highlight the negatives, especially when it's a criticism of someone's efforts, but it's really hard to not be disappointed by a certain aspect of the show. Although I don't know how much of it is the acting and how much is the script. I'm referring here to our FL's younger brother and the journalist.

Compared to the subtle and sweet way we've seen a mutual respect and appreciation grow between our main couple, the subtle as a brick relationship that's suddenly appeared between those two is almost painful to watch, and also feels completely unnecessary. I don't know if it'll tie back into the main couple later one, but I don't care about these two at all. Every second we waste on them I feel is time that could have been better spent with YJY and Woo Hyun, or we could have seen how Woo Hyun's sudden appearance at the press conference and the last minute switch has affected SL. After spending three episodes building him up, it felt like he just disappeared in this episode and instead we were treated to a pointless and embarrassing new second couple.

Is the main writer focussed on our main couple while the lines for these two have been shipped out to an assistant writer? It's really weird how well crafted one couple is compared to the other.

7 hours ago, packmule3 said:

@packmule3 At first, I hated how they made our couple fight over money but now, I actually love this addition.  Why?  Because it reminds us that YYJ and CWH are two people who do not actually know each other.  I mean, we got used to the two respecting and enjoying each other's company but that's because they saw each other's good side in the beginning...  But they do not yet know their deeper sides.  

YYJ knows nothing about CWH's background and how he has a wealthy father and how everyone around him are using money as a carrot for him, probably his whole life.  So that hurt his pride and he probably thought that YYJ was the same as everyone around him, who thought that he can be led by money..  And he in turn did not know that YYJ just wanted to help him, even if it's through money because to her, money is a means she can use since she has it.  It's like that scene in episode 1 where she paid for her fan's hospital bills.  She can pay for it and she did, not to look down on people but because she can.  

This scene is a reminder that the two are actually just getting to know each other.

Another thing, I loved the apology scene.  It shows that she knew her wrong and that he can easily forgive people who apologize... that's probably what he never experienced before..... someone apologizing to him, especially those who used money against him.  

And I love how simple but thoughtful the apology is... It's not something that takes a whole episode to do but it was also a thought out apology...  It also shows how simple but thoughtful YYJ and the drama are...  

And once the apology occurred, there was no awkward tension from the two because of the fight... It shows they moved on because of an understanding...

2018110701000659400047671.jpg&key=bd8999qqe688aae59bbe20181015155349.png?w=584

Gee I think the character WH would make any woman want to unlurk if nothing else just to say the world needs more men like him. LOL:w00t:   I love that he is true to himself no matter who he is dealing with.  That his life is built around principles and values that he believes in and holds dear.  That he isn't willing to sell himself at any price and even in a fake relationship always seeming to be the gentleman towards YJ...

Sometimes he makes me think of a White Knight that whether dealing with the press and speaking or taking on YJ's ex's call and being firm and protective.  I think although their time together hasn't been long still he has a caring nature that allowed him to see she was uncomfortable during their fake date enough to make him say lets take a break.  She thought it was him but really it was about her...

I love that he is inexperienced and so many things to him are brand new and that he is thoughtful in making a salad she can eat but also in him eating the same thing.  Even while camping he was willing to clean everything and allow her the rest because he knew she needed it.  Even him giving her the tent and going straight to the car without a thought speaks loudly about the kind of man he is...

I think the fact that they have both been scarred in the past by fire and as we have seen WH will once again be that Knight in facing his own fears because he cared for her more than fear itself.  I think this is a very big step for him saving her and I think her knowing it will mean something for her too...

Special shout out to all the Chingu's I know here and good to see you @packmule3 it's always great to see you anywhere:wub:

I just realized that in episode 4, during their fake date at his home, he has her letter in a book and the bouquet with the note still on it in a vase.  I think it reflects what she is to him.  It shows that not only is her keeping her in his mind but also in him...  In episode 2, he couldn't wait to get her out of his home but here, he is keeping what she gave him in sight... I mean, yes, if someone gave anyone a flower, they can just put it in a vase like a normal person, but he didn't need to use her letter as a bookmark, did he?  And he didn't need to keep the note on the flower either but he did.  For someone who was uncomfortable having someone in his home, he sure don't mind now, does he....? 

And I love how he invited her to eat with him, so different from episode 2 where he said he does not eat with people... :D

Cliche plot but it's saved by two very well paired leads. YEH is in her element of lighting the screen everytime she is on. And agree that the second leads (brother and reporter) are quite painful to watch. The development there is unnatural and disjointed whilst I am very surprised at the plot development with the main leads given such a cliche overall 'contract' dating premise. It is believable and realistic enough.

For this. I'll be camping on this drama when I rarely ever watch a drama that's still ongoing...

Archived