Quantcast
Jump to content
Maetawinz

[Drama 2018] Your Honor / Dear Judge, 친애하는 판사님께

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Maryam said:

 

My guess about the whole of this drama is that KH could manage for dealing with the mess SH is bogging in and could rescue him from it , of course after a while with the collaboration of SH himself ... and helping  SH could restore his credits and criteria as a dear judge ... and about our lovely KH , he will have his own restaurant welcomming SE with his delucious  handmade foods ... if my guesses would not happen it means the writer has read my story and changed his ... :P

 

I

 

If it ends with KH restoring SH's credit and then KH loses his dream of becoming a judge which he said was his dream while SH gets off ill be super annoyed.. SH has killed someone , caused people to commit suicide and risked his brothers life and ruined his brothers life.

 

SH can not end this show as a judge or ill be super annoyed. 

7 hours ago, nrllee said:

Such a gratifying episode. 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Just finished subbed episode 19/20.  O my heart.  That was such a good episode.  KH is so good with SE...so gentle and kind...just what she needs.  Seriously the hand chemistry is off the charts and it's even better than kissing scenes.  SE in return is like this shining light, firm, steadfast, unwavering in her sense of right and wrong...always setting him straight...like his gravity...she grounds him and reminds him of who he really is - a good person.  I think it's a truism that is well worth repeating - you live up to other people's expectations.  KH's mom and everyone just expected him to be bad - she always presumes the worst of him (did you steal that? What bad thing did you do this time?)...so he just lived up to that expectation.  SE expects the best of him, so he rises to live up to her expectations.    And that last scene where they march off to face the disciplinary hearing together - perfect.

 

I still find the mom annoying.  She always presumes the worst when it comes to KH - 'did you steal anything?' What happened to, 'have you eaten yet?' Or 'let's have a meal before you leave?'.  KH does wanna start a restaurant then (with his mom as manager) - gotta give it to him, after all she's done to him, he's a big man to not be bitter and twisted and even let her back into his life. 

 

SH's confession.  JE's assessment of him just being an empty shell of a person?  Spot on.  He's really alone now.  Even she seems to have abandoned him.  He took the bribe intending to pay it back?  She wasn't buying it.  Sounds like she will name him if called upon, as one of the people linked to the goal ball scandal.  It sounds like he needs to make right what he's done wrong in the past.  There needs to be some form of justice for SH - he's escaped scot free so far? And we were right to assume that PJH was mentally disabled so for SH to condemn him to death was cruel in my mind?

 

And the first scene where SE is trying to get all her fellow trainees to vote for SH as guest lecturer?  Haha... She cajoles, she threatens, she collapses in giggles and hides under the covers when one asked if SH was handsome - she is the cutest thing. :wub:  I think someone is in lurv... :lol:

 

@partyon for some reason I didn't read your philosophical analysis till now - must've missed it.  I would agree with you given the cultural context that the mom just did what she could given her reality (cultural, sociological, economic circumstances).  Lots of Asian moms would look at her and think that she's done nothing wrong.  Hopefully we will see their family come to the table and instead of apportioning blame, that they all apologize for past wrongs and move on to rebuild those bridges. It's never too late.  And they each start to look at the other with fresh eyes rather than the prejudiced filters that they have with each other now.

 

Still dont know how i feel with KH ending with a restaurant i feel him as a judge. 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Wotad Me too, I don't want SH to remain as a judge. He doesn't possess the qualities of a judge: he is too arrogant, lacks empathy and impartial judgement. He is not able to relate to people hence he had no problem to convict someone to a death sentence causing his death.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my theory: Kh easily could absorb people towards himself especially ladies:lol:  ~ and vs kh , sh sending them away ~ he sent his brother to the jail ~ even his mother who has the most care for him he hides himself from her even before attempting for killing him who has to hide himself ~ His gf intended to cut her relationship with him before meeting kh who caused changing her mind and tries to keep their reationship ~ even he can not be successful in his job and wanted to resign soon ~ I think his mother knew about his tending to lost in solitude so tried to keep him closer to herself in his childhood and did less punishment to him so that she could attracted his trust toward herself and in front of his eyes did more punishment to kh, maybe the reason she now tries to keep kh far from sh. In fact though sh was always number one in his educations but actually he is a total failed person. I feel sympathy for such an isolated person. :unsure:

 

But these two looks wonderful together if they could continue their relationship <_<

 

 

In this scene they've put on the same color which is dark showing the darkness in their relationship too. -_-

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@Wotad Me too, I don't want SH to remain as a judge. He doesn't possess the qualities of a judge: he is too arrogant, lacks empathy and impartial judgement. He is not able to relate to people hence he had no problem to convict someone to a death sentence causing his death.

 

Yup. SH needs to be punished.  He needs to be responsible for the 'wrongs' he's done. How was he intending to 'pay back' the bribe money?  Even JE gave him an ultimatum saying she will only reconsider letting him back into her life after he works out a way to right the 'wrongs'.  I would say she's pretty much broken up with him.  Don't know how he's going to right the wrong for sending a mentally disabled man to jail who then committed suicide as a result?  I feel like that would sit badly on someone with a conscience - especially if it was done on purpose and unjustly?  No I think the mom's dream of both boys being by her side may well be a pipe dream. I am not familiar with the writer's previous works. Does he have a habit of giving viewers happy ever afters? Or is he ruthless and doesn't mind penning in a death or two along the way?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like the past two episodes have mostly centered on KH. What do you supposed SH has been up to? He's not simply hiding, right? Are we to think that he's looking for a way to take the corrupt guys out, since he's not actively helping them out either? It seems he was coerced into all that corruption, and it seems though the golf bag full of money was forcefully put in his car, he never spend any of it, and seems he never intended to. I wonder if his resignation letter, written the day he was kidnapped, meant that he wanted to walk away from all that, but also expose them (resigning because he knew he wouldn't have a job after doing so, but also, I feel, to be more like what his fiancee hoped him to be (a man of integrity, judge or not)...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, lilyphenix said:

I feel like the past two episodes have mostly centered on KH. What do you supposed SH has been up to? He's not simply hiding, right? Are we to think that he's looking for a way to take the corrupt guys out, since he's not actively helping them out either? It seems he was coerced into all that corruption, and it seems though the golf bag full of money was forcefully put in his car, he never spend any of it, and seems he never intended to. I wonder if his resignation letter, written the day he was kidnapped, meant that he wanted to walk away from all that, but also expose them (resigning because he knew he wouldn't have a job after doing so, but also, I feel, to be more like what his fiancee hoped him to be (a man of integrity, judge or not)...

 

I have always felt that whilst SH may have 'wanted' to do the right thing, he never had the courage to actually DO the right thing?  The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.  He may have every intention to pay back the money or right the wrong but he lacks the will, the courage and the street smarts to navigate the murky waters of the underworld.  He always seems out of his depth when he's interacting with the baddies.  Even when he tries to protect himself against PJH2 when he was confronted in his car, he kept dropping the taser (?) to use as a weapon of defense?  KH I feel had the courage and the street smarts but he lacked the will in the beginning and that's where SE comes in, she provides him with the strength of will forcing him to rethink his motives and realign his ideals - he becomes a better man because of her.

 

In short I really don't know how SH can right the wrongs he's done.  He seems rather helpless and incapable of dealing with OSC/LSH and co.  I can't see him marching into the room like KH did and rubbing it in their faces?  Redemptive suffering/death seems to be the one thing he could possibly bring to the table.  And if he dies (which is why I asked if this writer is likely to do that from past works - because he is male - most are female, he may not blink an eye to pen the death of a main character if the story requires it), then potentially, KH can assume SH's identity and stay judge with SE as his sidekick.  Mom may have to die as well in this scenario coz she's the only one who seems to be able to consistently tell the twins apart.  And of course crazy gf and PJH2.  Wow that's like a killing field...but then writer is male...this scenario is pure conjecture of course. :)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nrllee said:

 

Yup. SH needs to be punished.  He needs to be responsible for the 'wrongs' he's done. How was he intending to 'pay back' the bribe money?  Even JE gave him an ultimatum saying she will only reconsider letting him back into her life after he works out a way to right the 'wrongs'.  I would say she's pretty much broken up with him.  Don't know how he's going to right the wrong for sending a mentally disabled man to jail who then committed suicide as a result?  I feel like that would sit badly on someone with a conscience - especially if it was done on purpose and unjustly?  No I think the mom's dream of both boys being by her side may well be a pipe dream. I am not familiar with the writer's previous works. Does he have a habit of giving viewers happy ever afters? Or is he ruthless and doesn't mind penning in a death or two along the way?

 

I dont know how they punish SH but KH can stay as a judge and i dont want KH's judgement's overruled. 

 

Its going to be a mess i think if we want SH punished then old cases and cases KH ruled on would need to be changed/ over ruled.

 

I wouldnt mind KH training to become a real judge then flashforward and hes a judge.

 

I also think maybe death could be the only way for SH. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@nrllee Thank you so much for the thoughtful reply. I agree with your analysis of SH: he seems to have been very passive until now. It's interesting to see that in reality, both brothers are not as different as they appear. They've both made wrong choices, with the exception of SH having a "good guy" image. They're both hurt from their past, apparently, but their heart, right now, is not in the same place. I can't understand why SH lied when he was a teenager, and why he thus sent his brother to prison with a false testimony. I'm guessing he blamed KH for the guys bullying him.

 

@Wotad About KH becoming a judge, if he goes through the training... Is that even a possibility, with his criminal past? I somehow doubt it, too.

 

I wish SH would help reveal the truth (I wish he had hidden some evidence somewhere). He would lose his judgeship for his corruption, his cases would be thrown. He would serve some time in jail (it wouldn't be KH for once), but his fiancee would still wait for him, happy that he decided to take the right path. One can dream.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, lilyphenix said:

@nrllee Thank you so much for the thoughtful reply. I agree with your analysis of SH: he seems to have been very passive until now. It's interesting to see that in reality, both brothers are not as different as they appear. They've both made wrong choices, with the exception of SH having a "good guy" image. They're both hurt from their past, apparently, but their heart, right now, is not in the same place. I can't understand why SH lied when he was a teenager, and why he thus sent his brother to prison with a false testimony. I'm guessing he blamed KH for the guys bullying him.

 

@Wotad About KH becoming a judge, if he goes through the training... Is that even a possibility, with his criminal past? I somehow doubt it, too.

 

I wish SH would help reveal the truth (I wish he had hidden some evidence somewhere). He would lose his judgeship for his corruption, his cases would be thrown. He would serve some time in jail (it wouldn't be KH for once), but his fiancee would still wait for him, happy that he decided to take the right path. One can dream.

 

 

Apparently its possible and this is a drama if they want to make it happen they can. 

 

I also dont know if i want that to happen to SH because then the cases KH worked on might get thrown out. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Wotad said:

 

If it ends with KH restoring SH's credit and then KH loses his dream of becoming a judge which he said was his dream while SH gets off ill be super annoyed.. SH has killed someone , caused people to commit suicide and risked his brothers life and ruined his brothers life.

 

SH can not end this show as a judge or ill be super annoyed. 

 

 

I don't remember KH said about his dream to become a judge ... but I heard he said about his dream of opening his restaurant and cooking SE 's favorites foods for her ... maybe I've not noticed that part of his dream to be a judge ...

 

About his killing someone, as I know he pronounced the execution verdict against PJH not directly to kill him ... and just half an hour ago with watching subbed film I found out PJH was a retarded ... so in the base of this info seems SH's verdict was totally an injustice and SH should get punished for it ... unless for example PJH's gf went into cahoots with an psychologist for getting those so-called medical history of describing PJH was a retarded ... but since SH had stricter evidence for his criminal commitment he pronounced that verdict against him ... PJH had the ability of making decisions and courages for killing someone and also for his suicide commitment ... so how he was retarded while he had this ability of making such imp decisions? ... we heard from PJH 's brother saying to his gf that "but anywsy PJH has killed somebody!" ... so even his brother confessed PJH had committed a criminal offence ...

 

Really we don't know what exactly has happened for SH in all those trials he had been involved to make those decisions ... even about raping to SE's sister we don't know the real story why SH committed perjury? Maybe he hadn't been noticed at all the event and believed in what his friend described about, or the scenes which he had noticed told him another thing ... as we watched he had believed KH has done blackmail ...

 

He never spent even one cent of that bribed money and maybe he couldn't refuse that bribe at that time waiting for a suitable chance, or  to return it , or apply that as an evidence against those corrupted authorities...


Maybe my expectation sounds a stereotype or cheesy but to be honest I prefer to see a  happy ending for both twins that they could get out of these mess clean , and their mother's dreams come true , having them with their wifes besides herself walking together happily ... :blush:

A new interview:

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

One of my favourite scene of ep 20. Kan Ho fighting!!! :tounge_wink:

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the problem I have is that SH dealt out the death sentence against PJH.  He could've done what SE did in the mock trial and just handed out life imprisonment. The fact that he dealt out the death sentence is akin to him acting 'like God' (which was the discussion SE had with KH when the case came up).  He did it to cause a sensation so the Press would shift their attention away from the LSH case. So yes whilst PJH was culpable for killing his mother, it was manslaughter because he couldn't have knowingly done it with intent to kill as a mentally disabled person isn't entirely in control of their faculties so intent is gonna be very hard to prove. Intent is critical in establishing murder and it's usually really hard to prove even when a person is mentally capable - you have to prove it beyond reasonable doubt?  The death sentence was far too harsh so SH has a man's blood on his hands as a result. He needs to face the music for that. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nrllee said:

I think the problem I have is that SH dealt out the death sentence against PJH.  He could've done what SE did in the mock trial and just handed out life imprisonment. The fact that he dealt out the death sentence is akin to him acting 'like God' (which was the discussion SE had with KH when the case came up).  He did it to cause a sensation so the Press would shift their attention away from the LSH case. So yes whilst PJH was culpable for killing his mother, it was manslaughter because he couldn't have knowingly done it with intent to kill as a mentally disabled person isn't entirely in control of their faculties so intent is gonna be very hard to prove. Intent is critical in establishing murder and it's usually really hard to prove even when a person is mentally capable - you have to prove it beyond reasonable doubt?  The death sentence was far too harsh so SH has a man's blood on his hands as a result. He needs to face the music for that. 

I agree with you. If he had handed out life imprisonment, this would have still got the attention of the media. They never asked him to convict him like that, to me he had the choice.... But even so, they never threatened him and that is what it makes worse. So far, it was never shown like that. Sure, SH might have felt pressured because in my opinion, he perceives wealth as thread. This is illustrated with his flat: he lives in an expensive and exquisite flat showing that he can not be easily touched. This apartment symbolizes his way to protect himself. However, this underlines his cowardice. He never dared to mess up with rich people. And it seems that this avoidance has become a habit from him. The knife incident marks the turning point in SH's life. He will use a weaker person in order to avoid any conflict with the rich bullying student. I see some similarities here. Moreover, SH had other reasons to lie in front of the police officer: he might have blamed his brother KH... he saw him as someone who would extort money. And in PJH's case... he might have seen it in a similar way. If the guy had done nothing, nothing would have happened to him. He did kill his mother. And this outlines his lack of empathy and discernment.    

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Maryam about restoration of sh's credit, already kh has done that because of his fair judgments  as se recommended judge soo ho name as the best judge to give a special lecture for legal trainees. With these few trials he could gain a lot of credits for judge sh. Even pjh's brother mentioned that to gf that he is changed to a better judge.

 

Bts

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Maryam said:

 

 

 

 

 

Ill have to find the scene where he said his dream was to be a judge now.. i swear he said it. 

 

I dont care for SH for having a happy ending he can die for all i care i have 0 sympathy for this character.

 

8 hours ago, nrllee said:

I think the problem I have is that SH dealt out the death sentence against PJH.  He could've done what SE did in the mock trial and just handed out life imprisonment. The fact that he dealt out the death sentence is akin to him acting 'like God' (which was the discussion SE had with KH when the case came up).  He did it to cause a sensation so the Press would shift their attention away from the LSH case. So yes whilst PJH was culpable for killing his mother, it was manslaughter because he couldn't have knowingly done it with intent to kill as a mentally disabled person isn't entirely in control of their faculties so intent is gonna be very hard to prove. Intent is critical in establishing murder and it's usually really hard to prove even when a person is mentally capable - you have to prove it beyond reasonable doubt?  The death sentence was far too harsh so SH has a man's blood on his hands as a result. He needs to face the music for that. 

 

Exactly this is the point that needs to be said more. 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wotad said:

 

Ill have to find the scene where he said his dream was to be a judge now.. i swear he said it. 

 

I dont care for SH for having a happy ending he can die for all i care i have 0 sympathy for this character.

 

Hahaha... ok, just the first paragraph and a few lines of the second paragraph were my reply to those ambiguities and the rest was my own opinions and suppositions ...

Fortunately my heart and mind both are full with love and joy for one by one of all the scenes and characters' actings either positive or negative of DJ  so no null or grudge rooms to display ... :wink: 

 

 

 

Hope this wonderful project could obtain the best awards for all of its elements ... :star:

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Wotad said:

ll have to find the scene where he said his dream was to be a judge now.. i swear he said it. 

 

I vaguely remember he said it to Mr Mantis?  They were sitting at a table talking after Mr Mantis was released.  Only because Mr Mantis laughed out loud at the audacity of KH's comment about being a judge.

 

EDIT- the beginning of Ep 12 where he meets Mr Mantis (SDI) and he was trying to get him to dig up dirt on PHN and Mr Mantis said he's retired now and his dream was to settle down with a Wife and start a family. Then he says to KH, "everyone should have a dream, what's yours?" And KH replies, "a judge" to which Mr Mantis bursts out laughing at the ludicrous answer thinking KH is not taking his advice seriously.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Episode 19-20

I don't get SH. What's with cancelling the phone and freeze card account? What does he mean to that?

 

And the thing about what's that again? It was said that SH (but not KH) ordered something.. . What does SH up to? 

 

And yes @nrllee, that first part where SE campaigned for KH as special lecturer :wub: priceless. There's no denying their relationship is gonna prosper.

 

That of SH and JE, it's just short but is it not a flashback?

 

Line from the episode 

"Do you know how cruel the word "someday" can be? That word endlessly tortures people who are caught between hope and despair.  

 

On 8/30/2018 at 8:42 PM, partyon said:

               )        ,       

What is clear is that painful truths are going to come out sooner or later causing tears and disappointment. With SE's sister back in the story again, it will come out sooner or later that SH was involved. Of course SE will think it was KH who was one of the witnesses in the trial. KH will have to reveal to her who he really is. It will be tough times watching it all go down... :tears:

      :  bulle

 

Why do I feel now that KH knows the truth about LHS's circle of lies and SH being involved, next would be that of SE's sister. 

 

Saw this 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still dont understand the mechanics of SH's mind. He was barely shown in ep 19-20. Its hard to understand a character who is barely shown. Plus SH is a bad cookie, its not hard to not support or symphatize with him at all.

 

I just worry what will happen to KH after all this. And what will happen to SE. And what will happen to KHxSE ship~ hahaha. KH and SE are so cute together.

 

Eventually i want the show to show SE graduating and be a judge herself. She's much more than a supporting figure for KH. I think she can do well even on her own. I hope there will be a time for SE to shine in her career and not only as a trainee or intern.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...