Quantcast
Maetawinz

[Drama 2018] Your Honor / Dear Judge, 친애하는 판사님께

As we fasten our seatbelts in anticipation of turbulence brought about by tropical cyclone SangCheol, let us remember moments from our OTP :wub:.  I have my tissues ready :tears:.  And a tub of ice cream (comfort food) - essential rations for heartbreak to come.

• Like 7

SH vs KH full scale-confrontaion will begin in eps 19, 20

Captured pics

0000892033_001_20180828155524974.jpg?typ

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000892033

One actor is playing both roles of kh and sh, but I think kh character is more similar to ysy's own character minus criminal commitments. He never could be a criminal. But a judge yes. :wub:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I missed so many good discussions since last week because of business trips...  I tried to read through all the theories that have been floating around. Thanks to everyone contributing to this thread! :)

I will give a summary of some things that came to mind after watching ep 17-18 and reading through your posts:

1) I do think it is good that they are showing a bit of SH's background in order to let us viewers know that everything isn't as black and white as we think. I don't think that SH is necessarily a bad person. I think he had to shoulder way too much responsibility too early, and it was hard on him. I even think that he probably didn't even have the passion of becoming a judge - he just became what was expected of him as the person with the best grades. Getting into the best university would have been a breeze for him. Being a judge is a good stepping stone for becoming a politician or even the president. This is what everyone around him wanted him to be.

In summary, being a judge is not what he had the passion for. That's why he wasn't able to give rulings as a fellow human being - he just gave rulings according to the law books. Him going on the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage was probably the turning point for him. He needed to find himself and what he wanted from his life. I don't think he was merely running away - I think he was in crisis with himself. He was clearly very unhappy with his life.

2) I agree that PJH might have been disabled. Or then he wasn't responsible at all for the mother's death and the death was a coverup that the family agreed to in order to hide the real culprit. In any case, I wouldn't be surprised if our rich boys are more involved in this case than what has been implied so far.

3) I am still wondering why the tattoo spells ANGLE. It seems so strange for it to just be a misspelling. (K-dramas have a lot of symbolism, and maybe there is a meaning behind the spelling?) An angle is the space between two straight lines that have one common point from which they diverge. Did KH get the tattoo when KH's and SH's futures started diverging from each other? Or does it mean that they are destined to merge again, and become real brothers who love each other? In any case, I feel like the mother is the merging point.

4) OSC is becoming a real stalker and I feel that he is going to turn into someone equally nasty as his friends at this rate. :(

5) Both KH and SH blame each other for their misfortunes. It will be nice to see them have to face each other sooner or later, and have to clear up all misunderstandings and feelings of hurt as real adults. Yes, we can blame the mother, but she probably did the best she could as a single mother. I don't think she treated either twin with the intention of hurting them. She wanted the best for the both. I am pretty sure she will be able to go on a picnic with both of her sons by the end of this show. :)

6) KH and SE. Could they be any cuter seriously?!?! :wub: And KH, you go man!!! Go out there and continue improving yourself, and go back for those empty lunch boxes!!! Preferably already in the next episode. :D

• Like 10

17 hours ago, nrllee said:

KH needs SE to remain as judge though coz he doesn't actually know the law.  He's heavily reliant on her doing all the legwork for the cases.  I guess another scenario could be he goes to law school properly as KH, finishes and then SE becomes a real judge and he comes under her as trainee :) - a role swap. 

He can learn the law though and he has a criminal record could be become a judge or even go to law school?

2 hours ago, partyon said:

She wanted the best for the both. I am pretty sure she will be able to go on a picnic with both of her sons by the end of this show. :)

6) KH and SE. Could they be any cuter seriously?!?! :wub: And KH, you go man!!! Go out there and continue improving yourself, and go back for those empty lunch boxes!!! Preferably already in the next episode. :D

Im not sure if she wanted the best for both of them she treated KH much differently which is why he started being rebellious. 

Im also hoping for a emotional brother reunion where KH calls SH hyung and cry's/hugs him ;p 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Wotad said:

He can learn the law though and he has a criminal record could be become a judge or even go to law school?

I thought it disqualified him but I just googled and apparently it is possible (not sure about Korea) but certainly in the West it is. It all depends on the law school (and tribunal), the nature of your criminal past and some other factors.

3 hours ago, partyon said:

1) I do think it is good that they are showing a bit of SH's background in order to let us viewers know that everything isn't as black and white as we think. I don't think that SH is necessarily a bad person. I think he had to shoulder way too much responsibility too early, and it was hard on him. I even think that he probably didn't even have the passion of becoming a judge - he just became what was expected of him as the person with the best grades. Getting into the best university would have been a breeze for him. Being a judge is a good stepping stone for becoming a politician or even the president. This is what everyone around him wanted him to be.

In summary, being a judge is not what he had the passion for. That's why he wasn't able to give rulings as a fellow human being - he just gave rulings according to the law books. Him going on the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage was probably the turning point for him. He needed to find himself and what he wanted from his life. I don't think he was merely running away - I think he was in crisis with himself. He was clearly very unhappy with his life.

I agree. Him being caught up in the whole bribery scandal was the straw that broke the camel's back. He seemed to always resent being 'the responsible one' and was unhappy most of the time. Santiago was his escape and a time to reflect and find himself.  I feel for him.  Even his gf JE (from the brief scenes that we've seen of her) seems to be 'using' him to advance her career?  I am sure there's more to it than that (the photos in SH's camera seem to imply otherwise) but thus far each encounter (bar the midnight run with KH) has been her wanting information from him.

4 hours ago, partyon said:

3) I am still wondering why the tattoo spells ANGLE. It seems so strange for it to just be a misspelling. (K-dramas have a lot of symbolism, and maybe there is a meaning behind the spelling?) An angle is the space between two straight lines that have one common point from which they diverge. Did KH get the tattoo when KH's and SH's futures started diverging from each other? Or does it mean that they are destined to merge again, and become real brothers who love each other? In any case, I feel like the mother is the merging point.

Plausible. Certainly a good 'angle' (pun intended).  The only reason I have with it just being a play on pronunciation 'Angle-ee (Angry)' is because KH keeps referring to it as such. That he's no 'angel', he's Angry Han KangHo. I don't know if they will reveal anymore in the drama.  It may be one of those Special Bonus Features (Interviews with PD and writer) they put in the DVD to get enthusiasts to buy it.  Guess we will find out.

4) OSC is becoming a real stalker and I feel that he is going to turn into someone equally nasty as his friends at this rate. :(

Nice Oppa is not so nice anymore. 

5) Both KH and SH blame each other for their misfortunes. It will be nice to see them have to face each other sooner or later, and have to clear up all misunderstandings and feelings of hurt as real adults. Yes, we can blame the mother, but she probably did the best she could as a single mother. I don't think she treated either twin with the intention of hurting them. She wanted the best for the both. I am pretty sure she will be able to go on a picnic with both of her sons by the end of this show. :)

Yes to the difficulties of being a single mom and just doing her best to get by.  No ill intent but I just wish she went about it differently instead of the constant comparison, preferential treatment of SH and pitting the boys against each other.

And point 6) re KH/SE - one word YES. :wub:

• Like 4

saw this one

3 hours ago, Wotad said:

?             

Im also hoping for a emotional brother reunion where KH calls SH hyung and cry's/hugs him ;p 

I second this. Siblings should always forgive.    

• Like 6

This was the original interview they did during the Poster Shoot. This video has English subs, the original one didn't.

• Like 7

A collection varrious expressions and gestures of Yong Seong

0003381691_001_20180829005236757.jpg?typ

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=011&aid=0003381691

Yong Seong and the prosecuter are wonderful in portraying their negative  characters ... though their role are negative but i love them for their wonderfiul acting ... :thumbsup:

I'm excited for today new eps ... seems we should expect some more exciting scenes especially some romantic ones ;)

If both twins would be confronting each other what will be their reactions and then actions after that? ... hope more  for their collaboration and solidarity instead of hostility or conflict... I think at first SH will make some opposing moves and and will get into troubles ... and as always KH will save him ... and then the solidarity will happen between both leading to a happy ending ... :blush:

in this troubled world we need some mood boosters like a happy ending in this project ... and especially the project  could meet a wonderful outcome with so many awards ... and our criminal dear judge Mr. Yoon could obtain several golden awards for his hard working ... :heart:

@Minoo Maani  KH is very charming as our lovely Siyoon ... as you I think he could be a wonderful lawyer or a righteous  judge.  :)

@partyon  I love your No.3 analysing. .. hope both lines (our twins) could end up beside the center of their solidarity their mom. :wub:

Edited by Maryam
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

More still cuts!

Dlu-Bl5VsAAexX1.jpg

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0003066989

Yoon Shi Yoon And Lee Yoo Young Remind Us Why Hand-Holding Is The Cutest PDA In “Your Honor”

4ee502a8c05f423f9978a88fdd896591.jpeg?s=

Aug 28, 2018
by notclaira

It’s a small gesture, but with so much meaning!

While Yoon Shi Yoon and Lee Yoo Young’s characters in the SBS drama “Your Honor” have shared plenty of cute moments together, recent stills showed us how a simple hand-hold can be the cutest form of PDA (public displays of affection).

Spoilers

Last episode, Han Kang Ho (Yoon Shi Yoon) threw a question at Song So Eun (Lee Yoo Young) that made viewers anticipate the answer. With emotion in his eyes, he asked her, “If you like someone, do you need conditions?” The question revealed his true and sincere feelings toward Song So Eun.

yoon-shi-yoon-lee-yoo-young-your-honor.j

Spoiler

yoon-shi-yoon-your-honor.jpglee-yoo-young-your-honor.jpg

In the stills for the next episode, the two enjoy a quiet date on the streets at night, holding hands. Although it’s a simple gesture, the two of them seem to linger on the touch and enjoy the skin-to-skin contact as they walk along.

The production staff stated, “In tonight’s episode, Han Kang Ho and Song So Eun will again experience a meaningful moment together that will bring them closer than ever before. Please look forward to Yoon Shi Yoon and Lee Yoo Young’s chemistry as the drama continues.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1221721wpp/yoon-shi-yoon-lee-yoo-young-remind-us-hand-holding-cutest-pda-honor

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

It is as us in the underground feared...only Wednesday (tonight's) episode on...nothing on Thursday this week either. :( 

http://w3.sbs.co.kr/schedule/scheduleSub.do?depth02=d2_2&depth03=sbs&channel=SBS&ymd=20180830

Looks like tonight they are screening rerun from last week (Ep 17/18) at 2055 and then Ep 19/20 at normal time 2200

http://w3.sbs.co.kr/schedule/scheduleSub.do?depth02=d2_2&depth03=sbs&channel=SBS&ymd=20180829

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

@rachelyun Thank you so much for the pics. I am so excited of seeing KH and SE holding hands... :wub:

@Wotad I respect your opinion about the mother maybe not wanting the best for KH, as she treated her sons differently. Maybe I just think differently? I think most moms in this world want the best for their children, but I also think it is very human for mothers to not be perfect. We all make mistakes, why would we expect mothers to be perfect super humans? ^_^ I believe she thought she was doing the best for both of the kids, which of course wasn't the case in real life. Once all three start talking about their feelings, maybe she will learn from this, too?

@nrllee I like your theory about the tattoo :) And like you said, it seems that SH's girlfriend is using him for her own gain. Poor SH :(

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, partyon said:

@rachelyun Thank you so much for the pics. I am so excited of seeing KH and SE holding hands... :wub:

@Wotad I respect your opinion about the mother maybe not wanting the best for KH, as she treated her sons differently. Maybe I just think differently? I think most moms in this world want the best for their children, but I also think it is very human for mothers to not be perfect. We all make mistakes, why would we expect mothers to be perfect super humans? ^_^ I believe she thought she was doing the best for both of the kids, which of course wasn't the case in real life. Once all three start talking about their feelings, maybe she will learn from this, too?

@nrllee I like your theory about the tattoo :) And like you said, it seems that SH's girlfriend is using him for her own gain. Poor SH :(

To me, this is just an idealized picture of a mother. I know in my surrounding at least five mothers who are/were very selfish and even quite heartless. Just because someone gave birth doesn't mean that the person will be a motherly person. Becoming a "good" mother is not inherited in our nature, it has rather a nurture cause. If the parents were already selfish aso, the children have a bad example and copy the parents' behaviour.

On the other hand, I agree with you. There is no such thing like a perfect mother. Moreover, the definition of a good parent is really subjective. What someone else sees as a negative characteristic (strict parent), the other will consider it as a positive aspect. It depends on the culture and the way people were raised.

The mother did something wrong: it is not just the favoritism among the sibling. She chose to consider SH as good because of his good grades. That was her definition of a good son and good boy. She was just superficial... she took the good grades as a mirror of SH's personality. Then she neglected other aspects, like empathy, loyalty and sense of righteousness. She is indeed responsible for the fight among the siblings. The moment she sided with SH (knife incident), she added fuel to the fire. Then by asking SH to help KH, she adds again more fuel to the fire, as SH doesn't feel responsible for his brother's misery. On the other hand, he is indeed guilty BECAUSE if he hadn't lied in the first place, KH would have never had a criminal record. SH doesn't even try to take KH's side. For him, KH has always been a criminal as he was supposed to have extorted money from the other student. He has such a biased view of his brother. 

I agree with you that SH should have never been a judge in the first place as he is not able to be neutral as a judge. He just uses the law for his own interest and to confirm his biased view of people. He is indeed very judgemental and arrogant.

@nrllee I don't see JE as a bad person. She is not using SH in my opinion. She has in fact a huge sense of justice. When she invited him to the interview, she saw him as brave and integer. When she asked him about the trial of PJH, she was already smelling a conspiracy and she was correct. She asked him because she wanted to know more. She was actually curious and it underlined to me that she was a journalist to the core/bone. Sure, she wants to improve her career, however she is not trying to ruin any person.   

• Like 3

@bebebisous33  I don't think she really intentionally 'uses' him just for the sake of it.  She just has that drive so she will ask him for legal advice and other bits of info to flesh out her stories.  It just comes across as very ambitious.  But honestly you won't get far as a reporter without that drive. She does like/love him.  She looked devastated when she found out SH's name was mentioned in the whole golf ball (?) scandal that she was covering.  I am not entirely sure what she will do with that info.  Do you think she has a huge sense of justice?  She didn't really come across to me that way.  I thought she was just after the story (like all good journalists).  I must have missed that about her.  She seemed to know how she should feel (like how she said she felt she should be happier to be given the job of a "war reporter" because it was nationalistic and she would be covering what mattered during a war) but instead she was disappointed as it didn't give her the fulfillment or gratification she was looking for in a job.  So for me, that told me that she liked the ideal but it wasn't enough to satisfy her.  To me, she smelt the conspiracy but it was more a case where she smelt potential news worthy gossip/slander to report which is why she kept pushing SH for a comment to verify her suspicions?  I need to rewatch those bits with her in it to get a better handle on what makes her tick.  She hasn't had much air time.

• Like 4