[Drama 2018] Your Honor / Dear Judge, 친애하는 판사님께

Maetawinz

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Farbod Asha said:

@Maryam of me a motherly inspiration helped me to forcast. :))

I didn't watch new eps yet. From the cut videos I came to this idea that sh is not as cold hearted as he seemed. And their mother loves both twins as we see she discussed and demanded for help from sh for kh. As @Maryam had said before maybe revealing sh's secret made a big change in our opinion to sh but yet I can't forgive him for his perjury for kh because it was on a grand scale leading kh to the jail and ruined his reputation and future life.

I'm glad that se has good effect on kh and helps him to return to his good nature though se herself don't know this  but good nature of Kh can concept it and does the proper change in his manners. 

@Minoo Maani Sh has the same manner to his gf as to his mother. He is an introverted person and also he has many thing in his thought that bother him  and don't let him to have comfortable communication with others.

I like sh sad face but not his wicked expression 

Well, SH's real problem is that he has no real sense of justice. And this was proven in two cases.

First he doesn't trust his brother KH. I understand now why SH put the blame on KH for the incident with the knife. The student bullying him blamed him that KH had already taken the money from the student he was touching. However, he couldn't find KH because the latter kept missing school. In other words, he was painting KH as a person who would extort money. And the brother SH believed it. Then SH got mad at KH because he blamed him for the pain and pushes he received. So he wanted to get some justice for his suffering hence he said that he never saw the guy taking the knife. And this is the reason why SH should have never become a judge.

1. He took the words from the bullying guy as face value: KH would extort money from a student

2. Then because he became his punching ball, SH resented KH. However, the one who was hurting him was the student with the black gloves. The perpetrator got scot-free!!  

3. It was clear that the student who was harassed by the extorting student was trying to avoid extortion from him. He was a victim from the guy with the knife.

To conclude, KH  got blamed by three different people: SH, the victim from the extortion and the guy with the knife. The worst is that in the past, KH might have stopped them before from extorting money... So the bullied student (the one before SH) tried to put the blame on KH (he has an excuse for not having any money).

The second case is PHJ's case. SH knew that he was bought by OSC's father but he acted as if he was righteous and clean. Then when he saw the golf bag with the money, he got shocked... it was as if he didn't expect this. Notice how he was bothered by JE's comments. He clearly knew what was going on but decided as if he knew nothing. Now, I am wondering if PHJ was not mentally disabled... I am sure that the mother's death didn't occur like the verdict said it. I guess, evidences were destroyed. 

Haven't watch the episodes yet... yeou know.. real life stuff but TGIF so me gonna watch later.  I want to see the scene with mother. Thanks @bebebisous33 for the explanation.  I still like SH to at least get redemption. If possible.  The second case, wasn't he gonna have different decision for that case (after finding the money in the golf bag?) then  quit so he had that resignation before?. Maybe I'm confused or I'm still willing myself and wanting to see SH to to the right path.

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Well, SH's real problem is that he has no real sense of justice. And this was proven in two cases.

First he doesn't trust his brother KH. I understand now why SH put the blame on KH for the incident with the knife. The student bullying him blamed him that KH had already taken the money from the student he was touching. However, he couldn't find KH because the latter kept missing school. In other words, he was painting KH as a person who would extort money. And the brother SH believed it. Then SH got mad at KH because he blamed him for the pain and pushes he received. So he wanted to get some justice for his suffering hence he said that he never saw the guy taking the knife. And this is the reason why SH should have never become a judge.

1. He took the words from the bullying guy as face value: KH would extort money from a student

2. Then because he became his punching ball, SH resented KH. However, the one who was hurting him was the student with the black gloves. The perpetrator got scot-free!!  

3. It was clear that the student who was harassed by the extorting student was trying to avoid extortion from him. He was a victim from the guy with the knife.

To conclude, KH  got blamed by three different people: SH, the victim from the extortion and the guy with the knife. The worst is that in the past, KH might have stopped them before from extorting money... So the bullied student (the one before SH) tried to put the blame on KH (he has an excuse for not having any money).

The second case is PHJ's case. SH knew that he was bought by OSC's father but he acted as if he was righteous and clean. Then when he saw the golf bag with the money, he got shocked... it was as if he didn't expect this. Notice how he was bothered by JE's comments. He clearly knew what was going on but decided as if he knew nothing. Now, I am wondering if PHJ was not mentally disabled... I am sure that the mother's death didn't occur like the verdict said it. I guess, evidences were destroyed. 

I wondered the same thing?  Didn't wanna say it coz it seemed presumptuous and discrimatory to say that he "looked" disabled.  When listening to the facts of the case it sounded like he was out to get rid of his Mom by first feeding her 'bad food' and then smothering her with a pillow when she didn't die from food poisoning.  Although the odds were stacked against PJH1.  The exaggerated Press reports (that JE kept hounding SH about as they lay in bed), the collusion of Prosecutor, lawyer and judge, the fact that SH (was trapped by the circumstances - Golf bag money which didn't look like he asked for), and then of course there's a witness statement that SH decided to deny a hearing (I think this is the letter that SE has been reading and referring to - the 911 EMT).  What totally baffles me is if PJH1 (man who committed suicide after death sentence) killed his own Mother...why would his Brother PJH2 want revenge for him?  I mean his own mother died in his brother's hands?  And PJH2 did mumble, "He did murder someone" in his interchange with the gf?  Unless the mentally disabled theory is true, which then sheds different light because they would be hard pressed to justify "intent" of the perpetrator and a lesser charge of manslaughter would've been more appropriate?  And PJH2 would then be less likely to 'hate' his Brother for killing the Mother because he would think PJH1 didn't know any better?   SH's job was to fast track the trial and take the heat off from the Press over the LSH drug/assault case.  So his sensationalising the whole judgement with a death sentence meant that the Press attention would be taken off LSH and instead be diverted to this case.  And now it is revealed that PJH2 and gf had a mole on the inside (one of the legal aides working in SH's office).

@jongski I am looking for redemption for SH too.  I feel this episode was meant to soften the viewer's criticism of him.  I think his Mom put undue pressure on him to be the Father figure for KH (hello she is the parent? He is a sibling and even then really only older by 2minutes?).  That's a lot of pressure to put on a child.  SH in his own way was forced to clean up after KH too?  Because he was the more reliable twin (and wasn't a truant), he was the one targeted by the bully to pay up on KH's behalf (and then have to get the money back off KH later), he paid for the legal and settlement fees for KH (in his interchange with his Mom in his apartment)- although one could argue that it was his false testimony that got KH in jail in the first place (maybe it was SH's weird way of delivering tough love to KH and hoping that some jail time would force him to come to his senses?).  So my feelings about SH have softened somewhat.  His exasperated plea to his Mom at his apartment was telling.  "KH! KH! KH! It's always about KH!"  He was tired of being burdened with the responsibility of his twin Brother (probably why when he saved him from PJH2 he was just as exasperated, "why can't you be gone from my life ?"  And then his final retort to his Mom who asked him to "save KH" was "Can you save me Mom?  I really feel like I'm suffocating to death!"  It was a plea for understanding which he never really got from his Mom...she was way too worried about her wayward Son KH and in desperation pushed all the responsibility of parenting onto SH?  And not just that, also the responsibility of making it in life (because KH wasn't on that trajectory) so that he could support her in future and be the child that every parent would be proud of?  She never thought for a moment that SH could have problems of his own and just heaped her worries onto him regardless?

In short, SH was trapped both by the burden of responsibility for KH and also corruption in the judicial system.  It's no wonder he wanted to just run away from it all in the end.  I think the fact that he saved KH was a plus for me.  He could've just let him die (he knew what PJH2 was trying to do from the first kidnapping) but he didn't.  I guess you could argue that SH wasn't that gallant and had no intentions to save KH and had other reasons for following PJH2.  But I would like to see some humanity left in SH.  I really believe he just didn't have the backbone that KH does.  He was just too scared of the consequences to step out of line.

Ironically, whilst KH is bailing SH out and fixing his errors of judgement in the judicial system, we also see SH in his weird way bailing KH out by paying for his legal/settlement fees, saving him from PJH2.  So I do hope that SH will be redeemed in the end and reconciled with his brother.

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

This is why ill have a hard time every forgiving SH how could he do this to his brother.

5 hours ago, jongski said:

Haven't watch the episodes yet... yeou know.. real life stuff but TGIF so me gonna watch later.  I want to see the scene with mother. Thanks @bebebisous33 for the explanation.  I still like SH to at least get redemption. If possible.  The second case, wasn't he gonna have different decision for that case (after finding the money in the golf bag?) then  quit so he had that resignation before?. Maybe I'm confused or I'm still willing myself and wanting to see SH to to the right path.

Hes literally caused people's death's and punished people who did not deserve it i dont really care if SH finally see's the light its a bit late? 

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

I will find it really hard to ever have some sympathy for SH but maybe it will change it is interesting how both brothers dont like the other brother always being mentioned by the mom. 

35 minutes ago, Wotad said:

This is why ill have a hard time every forgiving SH how could he do this to his brother.

Hes literally caused people's death's and punished people who did not deserve it i dont really care if SH finally see's the light its a bit late? 

I will find it really hard to ever have some sympathy for SH but maybe it will change it is interesting how both brothers dont like the other brother always being mentioned by the mom. 

Perfectly valid point of view too.  We'll see how writer nim pens his magic and wait for final verdict in the end.  :)

@bebebisous33 I hadn't watched full eps so I had no idea. After watching full eps I think the subject of pjh tried to kill his mother is brought forth for framing him pronouncing the sentence of execution for him as je implied that to sh. And sh's decision for designation is a good sign of his character that he can't tolerate to be a corrupt judge, I think. And his reaction to je's talks in the bed was because of his uneasy conscientious. Even reminding that trial makes him upset.  He couldn't continue in this way. 

I just watched the recent eps. My views on SH has somewhat changed. 

I think SH is not corrupt. He just got tangled in the mess created by Osung and that no-use-chaebol.

KH asked SE if the sentencing for PJH was too harsh or out of line. SE explained the sentencing was appropriate and fair for the case, though it was quite quick. However she herself would not be able to sentence someone to death and gave him life inprisonment during her moot trial.

The flashback shows SH was not supporting the idea of doing Osung any favours. It just happen to be his sentencing was inline with what Osung wanted, making Osung think SH was supporting them. The problem is what happened after PJH's case. SH should have disassociated himself from Osung people. But he didnt. That money should be chucked out but he brought it to his house. Which i think was bad judgement from SH.

At the end of ep18,  it seems that now SH sees KH as a corrupt person as seen in the car recordings: KH is saying he treats being a judge as a way to earn money. And KH even recieved the bribe from osung's rival, which strengthens SH's suspicion.

So basicly both brothers are seeing each other through jade coloured glasses. They need to meet up and discuss this mess. Work together for once, for the benefit of both.

Their mother is just...after all the effort you took to delist KH from your family tree..and someone comes rolling in asking and you just tell them that SH-the judge has a twin bro. A twin bro who has been to jail 5 times. Come on mum! Where are your senses? Urggghhh.

44 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

KH asked SE if the sentencing for PJH was too harsh or out of line. SE explained the sentencing was appropriate and fair for the case, though it was quite quick. However she herself would not be able to sentence someone to death and gave him life inprisonment during her moot trial.

The flashback shows SH was not supporting the idea of doing Osung any favours. It just happen to be his sentencing was inline with what Osung wanted, making Osung think SH was supporting them. The problem is what happened after PJH's case. SH should have disassociated himself from Osung people. But he didnt. That money should be chucked out but he brought it to his house. Which i think was bad judgement from SH.

I agree that SH seemed to just have been swept along with the tide.  SE's moot trial decision does seem to imply that the sentence given seemed fair but it was the speed of how the decision was arrived at that she questioned.  SH went along with the plan to take the heat off the LSH case by delivering his sentence faster than it would've been done.  He didn't allow a fair trial.  He disallowed a key witness' statement which would probably have dragged the trial out longer or mitigated the sentence.  I think SE was correct to say that given the dire nature of the sentence (whether it was life imprisonment or the death penalty) more care and time should've been given to really explore the full facts of the case.  

And I agree about SH not dissociating himself from Osung's people after the event.  He was just "flowing like water".  Even his decision to resign and go on a pilgrmage wasn't particularly bold.  You don't run away from your problems and responsibilities, you take it on the chin and deal with them, whether it is to fix it or apologise for where you have failed.  That's where KH has it in spades over SH character wise.  KH stands and fights and he deals with the fall out.  SH runs away.  And in real life, NOT reporting a crime means you can actually be charged as an accessory to the fact.  So if you see/witness a crime and you choose NOT to do anything about it, the fact that you knew about it and didn't report it to the police or relevant authorities means that you were complicit and therefore an accessory to the crime.  SH could've reported the Golf bag bribe but didn't.

Does SH really know KH took the rival company's bribe?  I had the impression that those blackbox chips only record when the car is being driven (when the engine is running) so he would've only seen recordings of KH with SE conversations as he was driving her home or mutterings of KH to himself when driving alone.  So any conversations when the car is parked or motionless (like when KH found the money in the armrest) should not have been recorded.  The whole purpose of those chips is for use in the event of a car accident so it only records when the engine is running.

There is one question in my mind.  Why did SH show up with the taser(?) - tool for an electric shock seeming to want to use it on KH in the carpark and then decide against it?  Did he just want to confront KH?

And yes to wanting the twins to settle their differences and take on the baddies as a team...and a double yes to Mom seeming to be the one factor that seems to ruin it for the twins, be it her poor parenting skills, her pitting the boys against each other with her constant comparing or nagging and her lack of sense in her dealings with total strangers. 

@nrllee @katakwasabi I have a different perception of SH. To me, he knew what was going on. Meeting the others was a way to agree to their deal. Don't you find it suspicious that Sh refused the statement from the emergency man? He is the one who accepts and refuses evidence hence he holds the cards. Based  on the evidence, he condemned the guy to die. Since he knew that the prosecutor and lawyer were working together and didn't report it, he became an accomplice. Saying that he is not corrupt is diminishing his crimes. Then he did accept the money. It is just that he never thought, this would be this much... Then let me ask you: Could a judge afford such an expensive flat with his salary? Thirdly, the role he played in the rape is still not fully unveiled. Did he take pictures of the rape as we saw him taking pictures of the butterfly? Even if he never heard the screams, he could have justified his testimony: he had ear phones. He never did so that his testimony helped the rapist. He knew the impact of his testimony. Furthermore, like KH pointed out, SH used his power to kill someone, although this was never asked in the first place. SE mentioned that she would have condemned him to life sentence. Why did he give this sentence? It is because he was afraid that his involvement could be revealed.  Sorry, I don't feel any pity for SH. The man thinks too highly of himself: he is a good man. 

Actually, the last episode was focusing on the definition of bad man and good man. What is a good man? For KH, he is a bad man (just like his jail friend) because he went to jail. To conclude, for him a good man is someone who has no criminal record. But SE sees it differently. his reaction showed to her that he was a good man from the beginning. Imagine: if SH hadn't sent his brother to jail, he would have led a better life. SH is the one who destroyed KH's life and he got bothered that he had to help his brother. What an irony!! Strangely, SH even didn't believe in his brother's innocence once again. He was already guilty.

We have many examples that "good men" (based on KH's definition) are not really good men in reality. The husband who came to the restaurant was portrayed as someone who exploited his wife and tried to extort money from her. Yet he never went to jail. He was even violent... Finally, the rapist and LSH never went to jail but they are bad men. And to me, SH is not so different from LSH and the rapist. He might have not been sent to jail, yet he committed crimes as he became an accomplice. However, SH justifies his actions by blaming everything on his brother. He got mad that KH said that he only saw his job as an income source. KH actually was expressing what SH was really thinking and feeling all this time. He didn't do his job because he had a huge sense of justice.

@bebebisous33 insightful.  I like how you've honed in on the Good man Vs Bad man analogy.  I missed that.  And yes your assessment of SH may be damning and whilst I do want his character redeemed somehow in the end, I do see the need for justice to be served on his past 'crimes'.  KH paid for his own crimes (and then some) and did the time.  SH has thus far gotten away with things far too easily. 

I wonder how writer nim will fill in the rape story and bring SE's Sister back?  I am almost wishing that they will extend the drama to deal with these loose ends properly rather than do a rush job.

I could watch subbed eps17&18  in which we find out more that twins' mom really loves and cares about KH ... how she insisted on getting help from SH  for him and already several times she has been obliging to do this  request from SH each time kh was put in jail ... so she got tired of repeatedly doing that ...the reason of her cranky behaviors towards kh

SH has high moral standards, and can't ignore them even from his brother or mother... when he said I have my justice really he did that ... when even PJH's brother mention to the gf that anyway PJH has killed a body , so we find that the execution verdict SH pronounced is not injustice ...

But about covering up the drug issue I think SH was gaining imp evidences  to reveal them on a proper time ... His reaction while watching the bag of money was honest but he knew he couldn't face easily and lonely with that powerful firm that had strong support from some poweful authorities , and having many agents in the most of  organizations as in the justice , so he should take more trustful complex ways in order to achieve a certain conclusive result without any mistake so that he can finish them ... 

Even SH's reaction to the words of KH who told to SE that he is doing his job for earning money, though we know he didn't tell the truth since he hadn't better answer to give to SE, showed his disgusting of such intentions ... as we before have watched  when he came back to his apt and found that kh has resided there, immediately went for the bag of money to get sure it's intact ... And I think he himself never spent even a cent of that money and kept them as a crime evidence ... 

I think the gap between two brothers is just some misunderstandings ... especially it started seriously  while KH found that his mother doesn't register his name in her id paper he felt frustrated ... and well they had opposit characters so less compromising and more misunderstanding 

There is strong probability that both reach to a solidarity  to vanquish osung ... 

And finally at the end we find SH as lovely as KH and love him too ... though from the first moment I loved him  ... :P

Hope their mother's dreams of having both of his sons besides her come true as @Farbod Asha forecasted that already ... 

Our lovely twins: :wub:

@nrllee if i recall correctly SH knew KH took money from Osung's rival from one of his conversations with the bar lady. Or i might be mistaken and jumbled up SH and KH hahaha

@bebebisous33 taking a look at it again. SH is indeed an accomplice regardless of his earlier discomfort. I might have missed a scene, i didnt realize SH refused a statement from a key witness. Earlier on i had no sympathy at all for SH, my thoughts about SH may have wavered a bit but i dont have much sympathy now either. SH will need to face the consequences of his actions, and i hope the consequences will be appropriate for his wrongdoings. Poor KH already have his own enemies, now he has to fight of SH's enemies too. 

Anyways. I'm eager to see what happens next. KH is turning out to be a sensible judge. I wonder if he studied to be a lawyer or judge before? He seems to know the basics.

The 2nd half for your honor has a lot to cover. We have yet to cover SE sister's case. We have yet to see Sung dong il be fully utilized. Even the drunk driving and bar fight case has yet to be settled. A lot of things to cover. I hope theres enough episodes to cover everything.

Ps: why is SH living in a gigantic house while being on the run? His runaway house is bigger than his own. Haha. I thought for someone who wants to lay low, he would have lived in a more humble condition :lol:

14 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

@nrllee if i recall correctly SH knew KH took money from Osung's rival from one of his conversations with the bar lady. Or i might be mistaken and jumbled up SH and KH hahaha

@bebebisous33 taking a look at it again. SH is indeed an accomplice regardless of his earlier discomfort. I might have missed a scene, i didnt realize SH refused a statement from a key witness. Earlier on i had no sympathy at all for SH, my thoughts about SH may have wavered a bit but i dont have much sympathy now either. SH will need to face the consequences of his actions, and i hope the consequences will be appropriate for his wrongdoings. Poor KH already have his own enemies, now he has to fight of SH's enemies too. 

You're probably right about SH knowing KH took $ from rival group. In my haste I miss bits plus my impatience often means I look at the 86% subbed and think yeah close enough and start watching :lol:

Yeah SH refused a witness statement. SE mentioned it in passing I think. I may need to watch again to catch all the little details.

As for the massive hideout I always assumed it was like a hotel suite he was in. Yeah I would've thought it would be less ostentatious but SH is a neat freak i can't see him settling for a 2star motel with leaky taps and bed bugs :lol:

@nrllee @katakwasabi To me, KH will be the one who will correct SH's verdicts and improve his reputation as a judge. Even his aid who worked with PJH2 and PJH's girlfriend said that KH had changed for the better. So in my opinion, SH who was arrogant hurt a lot of people the way he used the law. His arrogance could be perceived with his statement to keep writing in Chinese characters. His verdicts were not only ambiguous but also were not understandable for common people. His intelligence and knowledge were his tools to climb up the social ladders. I am surprised that SH is still able to pay for such a huge hotel room. Where does he get the money from?

KH took the money from the other Group but a huge amount was given to the son of the victim in order to file a suit against LSH. Then we see that KH gave clues for the husband who had lost his wife in that DUI so that the perpetrator would be sent to jail. So far, KH hasn't put any money on the account hence there will be no traces of taking a bribe from the other group.

The way I see it, SH is not paying attention to details. He has already forgotten the incident with the punishment (KH decided to rebel against his mother as the latter was only punishing him). As long as he was not really involved (in a bad way), he didn't care. And that's his problem. He can not feel empathy for others, unlike KH.  

The recent episodes have shed light on SH's connection with the corrupt people. They also showed why SH seems to resent his mom and KH. I feel a bit sorry for their mom as she seems to be the bad guy for her two sons. 

I liked how the brothers are investigating the things that are happening with them and how their investigation seem to fuel their anger towards each other. I wonder how this will play out towards the second part of the series. 

Glad to see more of Maryong on this week's episode. I love how he seemed to have turned a new leaf and refused to beat that crap out of the ex-husband. I wonder how he will impact the story as well.

Archived