[Drama 2018] Your Honor / Dear Judge, 친애하는 판사님께

Maetawinz

In the below first pic we notice cross necklace worn by KH ... usually wearing cross necklace indicates as a  commitment to the Christian faith.... In addition, some Christians believe that the wearing of a cross offers the wearer protection from evil   ...  also the  Angel tattoo on his arm, such angel images, a chubby healthy-looking baby angel with wings, are called "Cherubi" ... in the Bible and in the ancient time they are very powerful angels in charge of protecting God and heaven, and have many tasks ... but their main job is to protect those who believe in God! ... So seems our criminal KH is a man of faith in his nature ... :star: 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Translation of this article https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003293248

I have left out repetitive sections like what DJ is about and what time it screens etc and only included sections which I haven't read before in other interviews.

I asked Yoon Si-yoon and Lee Yu-young directly about how they perceive each other and how they feel about acting together?

Yoon Si-yoon, " Lee Yoo-young is a person who makes the viewers smile. "

" Lee Yoo-young's quiet, calm composure and cute appearance always makes audiences smile, " Yoon said. “She is an actress who knows instinctively how to be modest and minimal yet full of life in her performances (I think he is trying to imply that she doesn't overcook a scene or emotion - it makes you believable when you don’t overexaggerate to prove a point - you do just enough with your eyes, facial expressions, voice and body language to get your message across and no more. Yet not so bland that you're dead pan and expressionless.).  I am learning a lot from Lee Yoo-young. "

Lee Yoo-young, " I have never seen Yoon Si-yoon look tired. "

“Yoon Si-yoon” says Lee Yoo-young, “is a man of steel. I have never seen him look the least bit tired.  In addition, when filming begins, he immediately immerses himself in the role and becomes a completely different person. His work ethic and acting ability has left a lasting impression on me. "

Yoon Si-yoon and Lee Yoo-young both express how thankful and privileged they feel to be working together in the drama. In addition, the production team of " Dear Judge " said, " Yoon Si-yoon and Lee Yoo-young show great synergy when acting together. In fact, the two of them talk a lot about scenes, characters, and other things whenever they get a chance. We are thankful for the tireless efforts of them both. Thanks to the two of them who are lively and cheerful, the atmosphere on set is very friendly and congenial.”

Of course Yoon Shi Yoon is energetic most of the times, the guy enlisted in marine for mandatory military service....one of the toughest unit that you can enlist in....and Lee Yoo Young is a doll, you root for her instantly.....Seo Eun will be Kang Ho's moral compass but I am afraid Kang Ho will be again implicated in the murder committed by Soo Ho which was technically self defense and won't cause him to be punished...so what led to Joo Eun breaking things up with Soo Ho....did she catch what a hypocrite and corrupt judge he was??

20 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

Of course Yoon Shi Yoon is energetic most of the times, the guy enlisted in marine for mandatory military service....one of the toughest unit that you can enlist in....and Lee Yoo Young is a doll, you root for her instantly.....Seo Eun will be Kang Ho's moral compass but I am afraid Kang Ho will be again implicated in the murder committed by Soo Ho which was technically self defense and won't cause him to be punished...so what led to Joo Eun breaking things up with Soo Ho....did she catch what a hypocrite and corrupt judge he was??

Yes, she realized that he was a corrupt and hypocrite judge despite his great records and reputation. The preview leads me to think that JE witnessed a crime and saw that her boyfriend didn't help at all.

8 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, she realized that he was a corrupt and hypocrite judge despite his great records and reputation. The preview leads me to think that JE witnessed a crime and saw that her boyfriend didn't help at all.

I didn't see no preview.....where can I find it??

Dinner out with cast and staff

Of course Yoon Shi Yoon is energetic most of the times, the guy enlisted in marine for mandatory military service....one of the toughest unit that you can enlist in....and Lee Yoo Young is a doll, you root for her instantly.....Seo Eun will be Kang Ho's moral compass but I am afraid Kang Ho will be again implicated in the murder committed by Soo Ho which was technically self defense and won't cause him to be punished...so what led to Joo Eun breaking things up with Soo Ho....did she catch what a hypocrite and corrupt judge he was??

When I translated the character synopsis from SBS about JooEun (bear in mind that I am not a native Korean so the translations could be erroneous), I was of the impression that SH was the one who initiated the break up...like how he seemed to be wanting to tender his resignation on that night he was kidnapped.  He had gotten to breaking point and it looked like he just wanted out of the whole facade he was putting up - being the perfect Judge, the nice (?) boyfriend, the perfect son etc.  He had built for himself this house of cards, a perfectly crafted exterior, but I think inside he knew it was just an illusion and he felt more and more empty and fake until finally he just couldn't take it anymore.  I think that's why JE went to his apartment to confront him...I think maybe she wanted reasons as to why he did that?  Don't know.  Guess we will find out how accurate my translations were as the drama unfolds.

In a way, SH reminds me a lot of how kPop idols are...they look like they have everything and some of them just can't deal with the whole facade, they are running on empty for far too long and when breaking point happens, we see their deaths splashed on the news and the community mourns and wonder why we never picked up the signs?  Sad but true in real life. :tears:

Still cuts

DjZvQGzV4AA2J9P.jpg

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003293586

Yoon Shi Yoon And Lee Yoo Young Reveal Thoughts About Each Other’s Acting In “Your Honor”

Yoon-Shi-Yoon-Lee-Yoo-Young-1.jpg

Yoon Shi Yoon and Lee Yoo Young recently revealed what they thought about each other in an interview.

After premiering on July 25, SBS’s “Your Honor” received hot responses for interestingly untangling the the various relationships starting from the first episode. The drama follows the story of an unconventional judge and his growth as he lays down the law in surprising ways.

The relationship between Yoon Shi Yoon, who plays Han Kang Ho and Han Soo Ho, and Lee Yoo Young, who plays Song So Eun, in particular has been a point of interest for viewers. The two hold their first meeting at an interrogation room and their second in court. Their first two meetings could not be any more different as the they first meet as a five-time-convicted criminal and a prosecution probationer, and meet again as an unconventional judge and judicial student.

In the interview, Yoon Shi Yoon and Lee Yoo Young were asked about how they saw the other person, as well as how they felt about acting with each other.

Yoon Shi Yoon replied saying, “Lee Yoo Young, who is quiet and cute, always makes those watching her smile. There’s a scene where she’s eating hot rice soup and then suddenly becomes flustered, but I was surprised at how she was able to act so lovably without overdoing it. She’s an actor that knows how to act minimally without exaggerating too much, but is also overflowing with vitality. I’m learning a lot from Lee Yoo Young.”

Yoon-Shi-Yoon-Lee-Yoo-Young-3.jpg

Lee Yoo Young in turn answered that Yoon Shi Yoon was a steel-like person. She replied, “I’ve never seen Yoon Shi Yoon become tired. Not only that, when filming begins, Yoon Shi Yoon falls into his role in an instant and transforms into a totally different person. The fact that he is able to take on the two-in-one role and concentrate with every inch of his body is particularly amazing.”

Yoon Shi Yoon and Lee Yoo Young maintain a positive and thankful mind for each other as they film for the show. A staff from “Your Honor” revealed, “Yoon Shi Yoon and Lee Yoo Young display an amazing synergy when they act. When the two actors have some free time, they’ll have discussions about the characters, the scenes, and more. We think that their determination is flowing onto the drama, so we’re thankful. In addition, the atmosphere of the set is also lively due to these energetic and bright actors.”

https://www.soompi.com/2018/07/30/yoon-shi-yoon-lee-yoo-young-reveal-thoughts-others-acting-honor/

So I just finished episode 1 (1&2). I don't have much to say since I first saw/read your assumption to the story so I don't have anything to add. And thanks to the Others who gathered here and made discussions! Welcome to this thread! What I'm just thinking is that how the people who knows Judge Han would notice that it was KH and not SH. And will they able to know that Judge Han is missing?

On 7/28/2018 at 4:52 AM, HallyuMint said:

Can anyone tell me is So eun no longer working under that prosecutor  as she passed the trainee intern thing?

He is no longer her supervisor ??

I think because of what happened with that Prosecutor?

I just want to add. The scene with the attorney boyfriend (?) of SE and his dad with KH might be something? An obvious case of lobying a result? The father was upset with him. A trial court of his case later on maybe? And since its KH and not SH, they might have an altercation because KH did not know the meeting. I'm about to watch episode 2 (3&4) later or before the next episode tomorrow.

23 minutes ago, rachelyun said:

OST part 1 will be released on Aug.1, 6:00 pm

위로 (Consolation?) by Jung In

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0003056304

Thank you @rachelyun

Jung In has an unique soulful voice. Like those songs she did earlier with Gary/Leesang.

Looking forward to listening to the full OST.

5 hours ago, rachelyun said:

cuts:

An unexpected meeting

Hmm...I was sort of anticipating that they would meet.  I vaguely remember a quick scene where SoEun was walking past a stack of letters and she sees the one on top of the pile??  It was the one KH penned for the SDI (I forget his character's name) in prison... I guess it stood out because of the way it was addressed.  Only coz I can read Chinese, the direct translation of "Dear Judge" from Korean is more akin to how you would address a letter to someone you're very fond of.  It dispenses away with all formalities and is more like "My Dearest Judge".  I guess that's why SDI asked KH why he should start the letter like that and KH's reply was that everyone would use formal language like "Your Honour" and he (KH) felt that a softer approach would make SDI's appeal letter stand out from the crowd and the judge would be more likely to warm to his appeal.

Although why they would meet in a restaurant outside of the prison confines stumps me...unless he has done his time and he's free.

SBS captured pics of dj

2018073112593594654.jpg

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1539282#_enliple

ysy does excellent switching  characters action of each twin  and shows entirely two separate personas without any sign of other twin's characteristics except their appearances. His expressions are completely fit to each twin's personality. Beside all the cast good working his acting effect covers more areas of a successful outcome.  

Captured pics

Archived