[Drama 2018] Your Honor / Dear Judge, 친애하는 판사님께

Maetawinz

10 minutes ago, allythefangirl said:

OMG! I hope the ending doesn't seem rushed. I am going to miss our angel. I feel like I need him to have more interaction with Mantis. :(  Will watch this week's episodes later.

It's coming together nicely so far for me anyway...the advantage of having it percolate in the writer's mind for 3 years...but next week is an agonizing wait for me... I am not by nature a very patient person... :sweatingbullets:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nrllee said:

It's coming together nicely so far for me anyway...the advantage of having it percolate in the writer's mind for 3 years...but next week is an agonizing wait for me... I am not by nature a very patient person... :sweatingbullets:

I have yet to watch it and will probably watch over the weekend. I will miss KH and SE. and Mantis!

In spoiler coz it looks like a fair number haven't caught up yet

Spoiler

SE's sister's case seems to be all that's left to resolve now.  Mantis for me serves as some Yoda like figure and writer Nim seems to use him to inject humour and also little insights into the storyline.  I think potentially his last talk with SE about her sister is his (writer) way to Segway into a potential twist.  He asked SE if she had ever been in a witness stand and grilled before and SE said no.  He could see that SE's relentless pursuit of justice for her sister may not in fact be the 'best' for everyone.  There could be innocents hurt and collateral damage in reopening the case. 7years is a long time.  What if her sister doesn't actually want to be found?  She could be married now with children and happy as she is with her new life?  So maybe for her she's already resolved the issue and moved on with her life? Not so for SE though, it has been all consuming for her thus far. Digging up the past all in the name of justice may well prove counterproductive and putting her in the witness stand again to have to face embarrassing probing questions like before would potentially do more harm than good and innocents (eg if she has a husband and children) would be taken out in the process.  It could well be a case that SE just has to let slide.  Very real scenarios.  Very real dilemmas.  Choices to be made.  This is why I love this drama so much and it has been a standout for me in DramaLand.  Guess we will see what unfolds next week.  :o

Ratings:

Ep.27: 7.5%

Ep.28: 8.6%

Still number 1!

Spoilers!!

judge14.png

In DEAR JUDGE

[Dear Judge] Eps 27 & 28 Park Byung Eun revelation of Hyung Yoon Si Yoon leaves Lee Yoo Young confused

Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2018

Article: Naver 'Dear Judge' Hyung Yoon Si Yoon's testimony led Lee Yoo Young's sister's case verdict to be not guilty.. Park Byung Eun's revelation leaves Lee Yoo Young confused

1. [+483,-6]
ㅠㅠ Dear Judge, please go for season 2. It's so interesting. 

2. [+160,-7]
The ending was so sad. But the fact that it's ending next week makes me sadder. 

3. [+83,-6]
They both have good acting.... Please have the two walk the flowery path. 

4. [+81,-4]
Kang Ho did nothing wrong. 

5. [+34,-5]
God Si Yoon. Get an acting daesang. 

6. [+29,-3]
If I have Kang Ho as my boyfriend, I don't think I will have anything I would envy in the world~~ Yoon Si Yoon's acting is great. 

7. [+19,-0]
What's Kang Ho going to do?? How am I going to watch next week's episode when it's making my heart ache? Yoon Si Yoon and Lee Yoo Young, they both have really good acting skills. 

8. [+18,-0]
I live my life finding pleasure in watching Kang Ho and Soo Ho. But the show is ending next week.. 

9. [+16,-0]
Why is this so interesting? I'm so curious about next week's episode. 

dearjudge25.png

Article: Naver 'Dear Judge' Yoon Si Yoon asks Lee Yoo Young who held onto him, "Will you wait for me?" 

1. [+68,-3] 
Is this a confession or are we breaking up? At that situation, that line was so cool. 

2. [+47,-3]
The lines are so straightforward, but it's good because I can feel their sincerity. 

3. [+31,-0]
Is it real that the drama is ending next week..... I hope it'll stay interesting 
till the end. 

4. [+11,-0]
Yoon Si Yoon was moving today. 

5. [+8,-0]
Park Byung Eun's acting is really good. 

6. [+8,-0]
Yoon Si Yoon jjang~♥

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2018/09/dear-judge-eps-27-28-park-byung-eun.html

Yes to Season 2... :D  Upon my word, writer is giving both KH and SE lines to die for... That confession of KH's to her offer to 'stay the night' - sigh... Beautifully done. :rolleyes:

Well deserving of that rise in ratings.  This week of waiting is gonna be a long one... :sweatingbullets:

Hi everyone! I’ve been a silent reader in all ysy related thread for 2 years but have to unlurk to share my thoughts. I’ve never followed korean drama this religiously ever but i made an exception to this because of ysy. He is such an underrated actor and i wonder why.

The scene in courtroom with the paramedic especially had me in tears. As a medical profesional myself, i can totally relate. Paramedics work tireless day and night to save lives but sometimes there will be ungrateful jerk of drunkards. I’m glad that the paramedic was acquitted and even given recognition he deserved. We are really proud of our paramedics in my country and especially the ones from my workplace. They are unsung heros that often forgotten.

This drama will be ending soon and I’ll suffer from ysy withdrawal. I know that he needs rest but is it greedy to ask him to take another roles by the end of this year? I hope he chooses more drama like this and not some sappy romance with a lot of kiss scene. He should be known as an actor who can transpire emotion through the screen and not some actor who is good at kissing.

Sorry for the long rambling eventhough this is only my first post. I just need to share the excitement. Have a nice day everyone! (Back to hiding)

Welcome to the light (even if for a moment out of the shadows) @umpeisan !  Medical professionals unite!  I will have to wait for subs but like you I love how DJ is unabashedly addressing social issues, using art as a statement. YSY has things in the pipeline for the future. As does LYY. Till then we will wait with bated breath for the DJ finale flourish.  Writer nim has outdone himself in my eyes and ears (the lines given have been pithy and painstakingly real) and the actors/actesses have delivered wonderfully poignant performances.  I am anticipating whilst sad that it's all coming to an end I can say that it has been time well spent for me personally. Don't stay in the shadows too long. :)

âYour Honorâ Brings In Consistent Viewership Ratings And Achieves Its Personal Best Again

“Your Honor” Brings In Consistent Viewership Ratings And Achieves Its Personal Best Again

Sep 14, 2018
by kminjungee

SBS’s “Your Honor” continues to maintain a steady streak!

The September 13 broadcast featured Han Kang Ho (Yoon Shi Yoon)’s last trial as a judge. His relationship with Song So Eun (Lee Yoo Young) seemed to deepen as well, until Oh Sang Chul (Park Byung Eun) tried to interfere by revealing the truth about Han Soo Ho (Yoon Shi Yoon)’s hand in the case of Song So Eun’s sister.

“Your Honor” saw an increase in viewership ratings during this broadcast, recording 7.5 percent and 8.6 percent according to Nielsen Korea. This also happens to be a personal best for “Your Honor,” which it first achieved during its August 15 broadcast, and was first in its time slot once again.

MBC’s “Time” also brought in higher ratings during its September 13 broadcast, seeing a viewership of 3.2 percent and 4.0 percent. KBS2’s “The Ghost Detective” was third, with viewership ratings of 2.0 percent and 2.7 percent.

All three dramas air every Wednesday and Thursday at 10 p.m. KST

1 hour ago, umpeisan said:

Hi everyone! I’ve been a silent reader in all ysy related thread for 2 years but have to unlurk to share my thoughts. I’ve never followed korean drama this religiously ever but i made an exception to this because of ysy. He is such an underrated actor and i wonder why.

The scene in courtroom with the paramedic especially had me in tears. As a medical profesional myself, i can totally relate. Paramedics work tireless day and night to save lives but sometimes there will be ungrateful jerk of drunkards. I’m glad that the paramedic was acquitted and even given recognition he deserved. We are really proud of our paramedics in my country and especially the ones from my workplace. They are unsung heros that often forgotten.

This drama will be ending soon and I’ll suffer from ysy withdrawal. I know that he needs rest but is it greedy to ask him to take another roles by the end of this year? I hope he chooses more drama like this and not some sappy romance with a lot of kiss scene. He should be known as an actor who can transpire emotion through the screen and not some actor who is good at kissing.

Sorry for the long rambling eventhough this is only my first post. I just need to share the excitement. Have a nice day everyone! (Back to hiding)

Welcome to the thread @umpeisan :D

A great first post!:thumbsup:Totally agree with you! 

(Don't go back to hiding)

46 minutes ago, kaytesarang said:

WAIT WHAT ENDING NEXT WEEK? OMG? WHY I THOUGHT IT WILL END ON OCTOBER 4? :( IS IT CONFIRMED? 

Yes...YSY confirmed with a post saying it's last week...next drama in that time slot starts 27Sept.  Not sure what  SBS will put on Wed 26Sept though?  That is YSY's birthday :)

EDIT - please come home SE..food is getting cold and someone is waiting patiently for you (cute sticky labels still on fridge from before- awww.... :wub:)

This is how men do reconciliation (writer is male so he's speaking from experience)

SH rings KH after both narrowly escaping death together. Nothing like a near death experience to crystallise what's really important in life.

SH - Hey it's me.

KH - You alive?

SH - I'm going in tomorrow to pack up. Don't you dare come near the court.

KH - Yeah? Well I have a trial tomorrow so I'm really busy. Don't YOU dare come near the court!

SH - How are you going to run a trial?

KH - It's my last ruling and my trainee wrote it so I have to read it. She's miles better than me and miles better than you too!  B**stard.  I'm hanging up.

SH (to himself) - crazy b**stard

I am so feeling the brotherly love...:wub::P

3 hours ago, kaytesarang said:

WHY BUT WHY? I THOUGHT SO THE LAST EPISODE IS ON SEPT 27?

Well we just had 27/28 last night.  So next Wed 19Sept we will have 29/30 and then Thu 20Sept will be 31/32 (so 32 episodes in total? Or 16 if you use old system).

EDIT- I don't mean to be rude but typing all in caps comes across as SHOUTING in the online world. Unless there is something wrong with your keyboard and it's stuck on caps lock?

The final trial was well done. The defendant was calmed after heard that he was not guilty. But when he walked out from the court room, he cried suddenly. I was really touching at that moment. The last scene was shocked and sad for SE. What will happened in the next episode? I watched SE's expression was sad at first but later she became calm. Maybe she had made up something on her mind. 

My thoughts on episode 25-26

When KH heard from about the resignation.. aww. It seems he liked being a judge now. I think? When he plays his fingers through the files and desk.. then SE... :( That SH! :angry: 

When SE and KH skipped work and went to 'date' ;) I think that VR games thing is in Incheon? I watched in Arirang TVs Travel Agency with Kriesha Chui and they went there. 

And about him not taking the money from another group.. maybe because it wasn't about the money now? Like, he likes what he does so it's not the money he wants now?

And the letters SH took.. so it was letters from families of the accused/s he had sentenced wrongly for the sake of the conglomerates I think? Haven't seen your comments while typing these so I haven't got a clue yet. And SH appearing in front of the gf while KH is in pain and tied down? Wow! Just wow SH! Only now? Too bad it was KH still who got themselves out and beat the gf/bro tandem! 

So it's just that? SH kneeled down in front of them? What about KH now that SH gave the resignation? And SH as well? Will they reconcile?

And at the end.. SE "spend the night" :wub::blush:

Edited: so next episode has reconciliation scene? Will have to catch up.

I watched eps 25&26 with sub and in my view the most impressive parts were while KH was explaining about he has nothing , no money, no family , and that his mother doesn't care about him to be alive or not vs his brother, who she can't live without him ... and the second part while SH accepts his fault and apologizes the PJH's brother and gf ... and the third part in which SE pulled KH 's sleeve, asking him to stay the night at her home ... 

I watched ep26 without sub ... and I felt so pity for KH who was dreaming of having for the first time in his life a sweet and happy dinner with someone who really loves and cares about him and he loves her so much too ... but seems his dream will turn to a painful nightmare... again I feel so much heart broken because of our innocent angle angel ... maybe this event would cause they never could have a romantic relationship caz of her irritating memory of the case of SH 's perjury against her sister in the court ...  :dissapointed::heartbreak: 

1 hour ago, _gillianne19_ said:

And about him not taking the money from another group.. maybe because it wasn't about the money now? Like, he likes what he does so it's not the money he wants now?

I think it's more about his character growth.  He wants to be a 'good man' now for SE's sake so he's trying to leave all his past life behind him.  Money is no longer his 'gravity'.  SE is.  He wants to be a better man for her sake.  And you will see in the next Episode he says as much in his confession to her.  He is on the straight and narrow and he is trying (in his KH way) to stay on that to prove his worth to her.  Awww... :wub:

And in my mind the brothers have reconciled. They are talking now, in their usual gruff sibling banter way.

Archived