[Drama 2018] Your Honor / Dear Judge, 친애하는 판사님께

Maetawinz

@partyon Yes, I understand your point but if she had looked at KH's face, she would have seen that he had been punched too therefore she should have put herself in the middle and not just start hitting KH. I mean, in such a situation, the first thing is to calm them down and not add fuel to the fire.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unlurking just to make post a thought for episode 21-22

I think it was @nrllee who predicted that JE wouldn't do the newsbreak or say it another angle..wow! You predicted it right!

And the face to face of KH and SH!  although it wasn't what I wanted though, I believe there will be another KH-SH scene again! Hope so!

I just didn't get SH? Why is he so worked up after hearing the disciplinary committee from OSC dad? What was that? What does he want? Just return the money and get out scot-free? Return as judge or remain hiding? Seriously, KH is standing up for him. Is he gonna be a coward until the end?

And the playground kiss scene! I knew there would be a KH-SH kiss, I thought it would be in the end though. It was a healing kiss all right but for both of them. KH after his emotional scene with SH and mother then SE with her feelings for KH. Oh boy, OSC being mad at SE admission is such a sight! Serves him right (in exchange of failed ousting of his dad) :D 

Can I just say that the playground confession scene is the best confession scene that I have ever watched? Like seriously!? The way he explained why he was there and the way he said that he kept on liking her when he should not and how he is a bad person and she is a good person? I swear! BEST. CONFESSION. EVER!!!!! 

7 hours ago, Cache Sand said:

I agree with Mr Mantis's words. KH was too stupid to become a real bad guy. :D

In fact, OSC is a real bad guy in this drama. SE should notice about it. Besides,  KH should keep in touch with SE during weekend since they were in a relationship (no wonder SE was mad at him ). Overall, I am satisfied with the ending scene. 

I dont think KH is stupid at all he acts stupid but hes clearly clever. 

4 hours ago, partyon said:

I do think it was great to hear her admitting that she was disappointed in SH, and that she was glad that JE had dumped him. She also took responsibility that she had made mistakes with both of her sons. I don't agree that she failed KH more, though. KH may have become a thug, but SH is the one that is a bigger mess and unhappier than KH (at least right now). The mom made mistakes with both of her sons, and it will take time for her to change her ways. The great thing about being a human, though, is that we can learn from our mistakes and heal our wounds. :)

She 100% did fail KH more hes just not a weak person like SH is he was able to handle it. 

5 hours ago, partyon said:

I do think it was great to hear her admitting that she was disappointed in SH, and that she was glad that JE had dumped him. She also took responsibility that she had made mistakes with both of her sons. I don't agree that she failed KH more, though. KH may have become a thug, but SH is the one that is a bigger mess and unhappier than KH (at least right now). The mom made mistakes with both of her sons, and it will take time for her to change her ways. The great thing about being a human, though, is that we can learn from our mistakes and heal our wounds. :)

Right on, @partyon (rhyme intended).  I think whilst it looks like KH was the more damaged by failed parenting (and even then one could argue that mom was really trying her best in the only way she knew how given her cultural context), SH was in his own self inflicted way also battling his own demons.  He was friendless and the only ones he picked up (rich boys) weren't true friends.  He was desperately unhappy.  I know it's hard to understand how he could feel this way coz externally he seemed to have it all but the human mind is strange like that (that's why so many celebrities are in therapy :().  KH for all his anger and misguided ways still had friends (Mantis) and now SE (and even the other office folk).  He was a fly by the seat of your pants kind of guy.  Live for today and deal with the consequences tomorrow coz tomorrow may never come.  Until he met SE.  After that confession and kiss, SE (the one who always overthinks and thinks about consequences of decisions and actions constantly) was the one who brought up "what do we do tomorrow?" (At the office).  And for the first time KH confesses he now has that thought too.  Now that she's grounded him as his gravity, he is secure enough to envisage a "future", a "tomorrow" for himself.  Awww... :wub:

The mom is showing signs of admitting her failings as a parent.  I think she probably thought that even if she failed as a parent with KH (this is purely thinking from an Asian parent cultural context - if your son ends up in jail multiple times, you feel Iike a failure) that at least she had the golden child SH to boast about.  Until that encounter when she learnt about what SH did in refusing to acknowledge KH as a sibling.  Her perceived 'success' with SH was no longer.  He was inhumane, empty.  So she too is going through a transformative process.  I need her to apologize to KH though. Actually maybe to both boys, and start the reconciliation process.

SH is the only one left not quite in the redemptive process.  Whilst he is showing all the right signs of turning the tide I still feel he hasn't quite acknowledged that he's done any wrong and that's what I have a problem with.  He is still acting all sanctimonious in front of KH.  He seems to be doing the right things - returning the money, walking away from his position but it's like he's trying to do right without acknowledging the wrong in the first place?  I need him to own the responsibility of his decisions rather than blame it on circumstances (that's cowardly).  In short, for him to find redemption in my eyes, he needs to man up and repent of the wrongs.

@_gillianne19_

I think it was @nrllee who predicted that JE wouldn't do the newsbreak or say it another angle..wow! You predicted it right!

I don't remember predicting that so I can't take credit for it.  Maybe @bebebisous33 did?  

Ideally I would love if SH would finally come to an ‘aha!’ Moment about his flaws. I don’t think he has reached that level of self awareness despite costing his gf her job and being knocked some slight sense into him by KH. Nor the revenge of the ones distasified with his verdict. I don’t know what it will take for him to realize that trying to ‘make things right’ by paying back the money and going in his sabbatical is not really going to redeem him from all his wrongdoings. 

42 minutes ago, philosophie said:

Ideally I would love if SH would finally come to an ‘aha!’ Moment about his flaws. I don’t think he has reached that level of self awareness despite costing his gf her job and being knocked some slight sense into him by KH. Nor the revenge of the ones distasified with his verdict. I don’t know what it will take for him to realize that trying to ‘make things right’ by paying back the money and going in his sabbatical is not really going to redeem him from all his wrongdoings. 

Maybe his mom's kidnapping will precipitate that 'aha'?  Crazy gf kinda hinted at using their mom to flush SH out (not sure if PJH2 was happy to go with that idea or not).  If nothing at all, she's kinda like the only link that could possibly unite the brothers coz she's blood?

Yeah I really felt for poor JE.  She was desperately trying to get some response from him (anything really) and all she got was a defeatist victimized bland 'sorry'...she gave up so much for him and he was just like 'whatever'.  I'd be screaming at him in frustration, "FIGHT!!  Does our relationship mean so little to you?" Honestly I am not sure their relationship is salvageable at this point.

I read comments that Suho stamped on his resignation letter in the office scene. If this is is true, i suppose the whole trial will be nullified? To be honest, that would be dissapointing after such great buildup to be able to name all the bad rich guys in court. 

3 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

I read comments that Suho stamped on his resignation letter in the office scene. If this is is true, i suppose the whole trial will be nullified? To be honest, that would be dissapointing after such great buildup to be able to name all the bad rich guys in court. 

Yeah he did.  Not sure when he would've handed that in that though?  The fact that KH stated that it was "Judge SH" that was calling those baddies out in public (when it was actually KH) kinda complicates it somewhat I feel... :(:sweatingbullets:

6 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Yeah he did.  Not sure when he would've handed that in that though?  The fact that KH stated that it was "Judge SH" that was calling those baddies out in public (when it was actually KH) kinda complicates it somewhat I feel... :(:sweatingbullets:

SH should just lay low and let KH take over. KH is doing a great job cleaning after SH's mess. SH does not need to complicate things and make KH's life harder. I still dislike SH, he's so vague and ambiguous, what churns in his head is a mystery. 

I symphatize with JE. She's a nice and righteous person. Glad she broke up with SH. She deserves better. 

I'm glad the drama did not venture to crazy jealous girlfriend territory between KH/SH-JE-SE. Hahahaha

And I concur @katakwasabi about not venturing into the jealous gf territory.  

Ahh okay. I found this subbed version about the Angle tattoo on my Insta feed.  It makes more sense than the subbed version I watched before... @bebebisous33 must've watched this version. I like how SDI summed it up.

Mantis- you tried to become an angel but you gave up...you're too stupid to become a really bad guy.

Just now I finished 4 recent eps ... and really each time I get more thankful of all the cast and staffs of this project and for choosing such precious subject for the scenario and especially for  top professional directing of it ... I think I should mention this.

I have many things in my mind to bring up but as well as my lack of knowledge in eng lng , the same for criticising and analysing for the field of film course ... so forgive me if my comments seem crude ... I pass fast of this subject and bring up the mains as for confronting of the twins that by watching SH reaction toward KH and calling him an insect I really got disappointed of him ... how he arrogantly have a looking down view of his brother , even denying him ad his brother , and I think his mother had an imp role on creating such self-centered attitude in his mind while often  she has declared her wish as just  having him as  her only son! ... how she could expect of him to be a good human being while she herself had not kept the status of a grandeur motherly spirit while most of the time she herself hasn't had unfair manner with KH , as even this belief was created in SH that to look at KH as a pesky , jerk creature or an insect ... It's really heart braking ! ...

I think even his ambition is the feedback of  his mother's attitudes while bringing them up... so he did what he had learned from his mother ... and maybe KH from his childhood was a more independent and bolder kid who dared to do what he thought with less obedience from his mother and learning more of his experiences in the society and communities consequently to have different manner and view of SH  , as we see how he deeply revelotionises his trial cases caz he knows the society and  its problem practically ...

but maybe there is a hope for SH  not to be that much coward when JE avoided revealing his name in the news program and I think she didn't that just for her love to him but seems she feels there is something more behind SH actions, and I don't think she made this decision sentimentally or naiively , she is so wise and also honest and straight ... 

From my view the best ep was ep24 with admirable acting of adorable Yoon Si Yoon who could so impressively portray the ststus of a grandeur, honorable ,righteous judge ... :heart:

Such a heart delighting ending... they got union tightly walking together arm in arm towards the light of a righteous world ... :star: 

4 hours ago, nrllee said:

Maybe his mom's kidnapping will precipitate that 'aha'?  Crazy gf kinda hinted at using their mom to flush SH out (not sure if PJH2 was happy to go with that idea or not).  If nothing at all, she's kinda like the only link that could possibly unite the brothers coz she's blood?

Yeah I really felt for poor JE.  She was desperately trying to get some response from him (anything really) and all she got was a defeatist victimized bland 'sorry'...she gave up so much for him and he was just like 'whatever'.  I'd be screaming at him in frustration, "FIGHT!!  Does our relationship mean so little to you?" Honestly I am not sure their relationship is salvageable at this point.

That could be very possible. Watching the end of the most recent episode though gave me an idea for another possible theory. Seeing how KH was able to get through to that female idol, I think what may make SH finally come to his senses is watching one of KH’s trials. If he sees how KH is able to make a positive influence with a judges power, he will get an ‘aha’ moment.

@Maryam all the cast and staffs are wonderful , but ysy on his own does superb acting and capture the scenes. He motivates other cast submit better performance. When I reviewed the kiss scene with Se several times with more focuse on I found somehow @Minoo Maani says right. Se expressions and emotions are wonderful but while kissing acting the most attraction and emotions were of ysy making you unconsciously just look at his touching face with that beautiful drop of tear on his face. The scene is moving but mostly by ysy. Even in eps23,24 more than before eps ysy significantly possessed the screen so the rating jumped up though there was more place to get higher. And Nara also had a wonderful shining in these eps.  yy too with her sweet smile and beautiful acompany with ysy  at the end left an indelible image of herself. It was more touching ending. 

19 hours ago, nrllee said:

The mom is showing signs of admitting her failings as a parent.  I think she probably thought that even if she failed as a parent with KH (this is purely thinking from an Asian parent cultural context - if your son ends up in jail multiple times, you feel Iike a failure) that at least she had the golden child SH to boast about.  Until that encounter when she learnt about what SH did in refusing to acknowledge KH as a sibling.  Her perceived 'success' with SH was no longer.  He was inhumane, empty.  So she too is going through a transformative process.  I need her to apologize to KH though. Actually maybe to both boys, and start the reconciliation process.

SH is the only one left not quite in the redemptive process.  Whilst he is showing all the right signs of turning the tide I still feel he hasn't quite acknowledged that he's done any wrong and that's what I have a problem with.  He is still acting all sanctimonious in front of KH.  He seems to be doing the right things - returning the money, walking away from his position but it's like he's trying to do right without acknowledging the wrong in the first place?  I need him to own the responsibility of his decisions rather than blame it on circumstances (that's cowardly).  In short, for him to find redemption in my eyes, he needs to man up and repent of the wrongs.

Through this show from the beginning, the mother  has always been for  SH. When I saw that first episode, it's the first thing I remember..  disliking her.  SH this SH that.  The interrogation   from ep 1. that was heartfelt and real from KH. So I agree that the mother has to make up for all the years she treated KHas non existent and  below the level of SH.

As for SH... maybe he's afraid deep inside. Maybe he knows what he's doing isn't moral anymore.  he just doesn't want to do anything because he's afraid of losing everything ( if he hasn't already.). He did work hard when he was young to get to where he was- doing something immoral even if he knows. He doesn't have friends, and the one he associates with are all powerful immoral ones.   I know i know I'm making up excuses, trying to salvage SH's character.  I still want to see glimmer of hope for redemption but I'll probably  hear the worse  from chingus. It's okay ( been there before .. The Promise thread with Seo Jun young's character,  Good Wife thread w/  Yoo Ji Tae's character). I don't even know why I want to see these bad characters to at least get redemption.

And by the way, here's hoping Lee Yoo Young win some thing.. bes tnew comer?

19 hours ago, nrllee said:

Right on, @partyon (rhyme intended).  I think whilst it looks like KH was the more damaged by failed parenting (and even then one could argue that mom was really trying her best in the only way she knew how given her cultural context), SH was in his own self inflicted way also battling his own demons.  He was friendless and the only ones he picked up (rich boys) weren't true friends.  He was desperately unhappy.  I know it's hard to understand how he could feel this way coz externally he seemed to have it all but the human mind is strange like that (that's why so many celebrities are in therapy :().  KH for all his anger and misguided ways still had friends (Mantis) and now SE (and even the other office folk).  He was a fly by the seat of your pants kind of guy.  Live for today and deal with the consequences tomorrow coz tomorrow may never come.  Until he met SE.  After that confession and kiss, SE (the one who always overthinks and thinks about consequences of decisions and actions constantly) was the one who brought up "what do we do tomorrow?" (At the office).  And for the first time KH confesses he now has that thought too.  Now that she's grounded him as his gravity, he is secure enough to envisage a "future", a "tomorrow" for himself.  Awww... :wub:

@_gillianne19_

I don't remember predicting that so I can't take credit for it.  Maybe @bebebisous33 did?  

Well, about JE's news, I had written this:

From my point of view, it could be possible that JE will realize that the media are manipulated hence she decides to show the scandal in a different perspective. 

My prediction was indeed correct. She never wanted to name SH as a corrupted judge. In the end her decision was correct because now the judge SH appears as the one who goes after LSH and the others. If she had announced his corruption without any proof like the director wanted, this would have ruined her reputation and the reputation of the channel news.

@jongski

Now, I would like to add another observation about SH. In my opinion, his inner conflicts have a lot to do with the way the mother raised him. He had no friends because the mother expected from him the best grades hence he had no time to socialize. Then there is a reason why SH looked down on his brother KH. From the start, the mother showed a certain desdain for KH. She kept comparing him to SH and wondering why she had such a son. Now, she wonders why SH denies the existence of KH. She is surprised therefore she is unaware that she is the source of this. She kept saying that the one was bad aso.

Since the mother focused on his grades, she neglected SH's personality... and never paid attention, if he had any friend but if he was a loyal and filial person. Now, she mentions his loneliness and his lack of friends, however she never saw him being with the rich chaebols. SH hid it from her. To conclude, he was not really alone.

Therefore she is not the only culprit. SH seems to have thought that money and having rich people by his side could improve his life. Since SH was introduced to JE by the rich guy (sorry forgot his name) and SH was there, when the rape happened, this means SH acted as if he was their "friend". In reality, being with them was just a way to protect himself. Don't forget the scene with the knife incident. The guy who assaulted him was a rich student... So in order to avoid such a situation, SH thought that making connections to rich people would mean that he wouldn't be bullied and would be left alone. Yet, the rape happened and he became an important witness... and once again, he decided not to reveal the truth (like for example having earphones) as he wanted to avoid any pressure.

Why lie? In my opinion, SH has learnt from his mother not to reveal the truth. Remember the first scene where KH is punished so harshly by his mother and SH is left almost unpunished. KH complained about it and argued with her to the point that KH decided to rebell against her. In this scene, SH learnt something important. If you don't fight and even remains silence or even lie, then you won't get punished.     

Archived