[Drama 2018] Your Honor / Dear Judge, 친애하는 판사님께

Maetawinz

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@jongski Actually, I quite dislike HSH because he knew very well what would happen to his brother, when he remained silence. Then for the verdict of the rape, HSH knew that his testimony would help the defendant who almost got scot-free. In the preview of the next episode, we see a crime committed in front of him and his girlfriend and HSH stopped his girlfriend to intervene. Yes, his break-up did hurt him and in the end, he wanted to quit. As for HKH, as much as I disliked him in the finale scene, I can understand where he is coming from: he is actually just doing what his brother wanted to do in the first place but quit before. In order to keep his cover, he has to make sure that the powerful people don't suspect him. Then since he has been treated unfairly, he no longer believes in the justice system. Imagine, he spent more time in jail than his fellow who had the nerve to ask for his money. He was using the law system to his advantage as he has the means, whereas HKH hasn't. From the beginning, HKH has witnessed how the powerful profited from it hence he has become cynical and selfish. 

In reality, I wished that his brother is mistaken for him so that he can see what kind of life his brother had after the betrayal and abandon!!

And unlike all the others, HKH recognized the sexual harassment which he will remember at some point.

@HallyuMint SE is now a trainee judge. She works for HSH officially but when she started, HKH was replacing his brother.

@bebebisous33 point taken.

I love how we are all discussing about justice and how it plays out in our world. This is exactly what LYY predicted would happen as we watch the drama. She was asked how the drama would impact viewers and she said that it would spark thinking about what justice is because it would explore different facets of it.

@jongski

"Sense of justice?"

I hated HKH with the last scenes. He doesn't even have the right to say all those things. He isn't damn judge nor lawyer.  He doesn't know anything and did not read what SE wrote. She was telling him that if he read it then he will know why she wrote an appropriate sentence.  7 years is very low for an assault of that nature injuring a man making him blind. Whacking  a camera on an old man's face. heck that could be  manslaughter. The intent to injure because LHS think he's powerful and can do no wrong. 

Agreed about the point that he hasn't got all the facts and is just making snap decisions based on what little he knows.  I can however see his point on "justice". He hasn't had any happy relationship with "justice". He tried to do the right thing and saved his brother but the law (his mom and the justice system) punished him for it so he is bitter and twisted as a result.  He has lost faith in a justice system that would reward right.  Contrast SE who had every right to be just as disillusioned and bitter as he is about the justice system because of how it treated her sister and again how she was dealt with when her Prosecutor mentor harassed her...but no, she was unwavering in her belief and still maintained her stance that justice was something worth fighting for.  She acts as our conscience.  Do we just accept that justice is antiquated and a nice ideal but totally unrealistic in the real world so we just go with the flow (coz that's how things are in the real world, chaebols rule so we just need to accept that they have more rights than the poor) or do we make a stand and speak out for change because we envisage a better tomorrow?

So for the moment neither twin is hitting the right notes for me (but I have faith that their character growth may change my view) but SE is shining as my heroine and I am firmly in her camp right now. 

@nrllee To me, SE will become HKH's model and support. Since she has such a strong sense of justice, he will come to her side quite quickly. She represents everything what he felt and wanted in the first place. We shouldn't forget that he was disillusioned before he became a victim of the justice system due to his brother. He was in rage, when he suffered from his mother's unfair treatment. In reality, his disappointment in justice started before he became a real criminal. He has never experienced true and real justice. 

15 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@nrllee To me, SE will become HKH's model and support. Since she has such a strong sense of justice, he will come to her side quite quickly. She represents everything what he felt and wanted in the first place. We shouldn't forget that he was disillusioned before he became a victim of the justice system due to his brother. He was in rage, when he suffered from his mother's unfair treatment. In reality, his disappointment in justice started before he became a real criminal. He has never experienced true and real justice. 

One word "yes" :D

I finished 4 episodes last night ... persuading legal drama series tv show! :thumbsup: ... just I found all the cast professional and talented ... all the best are gathered in this project ... the chemistry between Siyoon and Yuyoung is wonderful ... I've already heard about LYY talent but to be honest her performance is even better than my expectation  ... Siyoon could take on the expressions and the personalities of two individuals of the twins and convey these different personas onscreen artistically ... just eagerly waiting for the rest eps... :heart:

IE002370485_STD.JPG

PBE fishbowl...haha...his Insta...I love how dry and laconic he is during interviews.  Such a marked contrast to the bright, cheerful YSY, LYY and Nara.  I laugh just coz he's the perfect foil to their glowing positivity.  Here he is thanking his fans for the rice wreaths at Press Conferemce.

Finished watched the first 4 episodes and I must say that this is a compelling legal drama. Although there are some parts when HKH's scenes were funny, it was conveyed how he was unfairly treated from the get-go. His character may seem over-the-top and sometimes dumb, but I'm excited to see how his character would develop. He may have spent a lot of time going in and out of jail, but it seems like his twin brother, the "perfect" one, is a more horrible human being. I'm looking forward to more of this drama. The chemistry between YSY and LYY is great. I also wanna see the chemistry between YSY and Nara. 

9 hours ago, rachelyun said:

This scene with his mom was superb!!

I agree!!  So real...when he smashed the flower pot over the guy's head and his Mom screams at him...and then that heated exchange afterward about not involving SuHo because his 'bad deeds' could shed a bad light on SuHo?  Kinda insensitive?  Little does she know that it looks like good two shoes SuHo isn't really as good as she believes him to be...he's no "Angle" :lol:

Actually I am dying to find out what the deal is with the misspelling on KH's tattoo. I hope they give it to us somewhere down the track.

Saw episode one and have decided to stick to it. It was gritty, the parts with Lee Yoo Young were disgusting and heartbreaking....I wanted to cry and go and smash the head of both the prosecutors. Pathetic men abusing their power the way they see fit in the name of law. I don't think Kang Ho is being over the top. I think his over the top behavior is a shield he uses to lessen his pain. Soo Ho and Kang Ho's mother is horrible. Years of emotional abuse, betrayal by his own brother when all he did was try to save him from getting hurt turned him into this delinquent who uses his rage to get back at the unfair world. Yes, he is a criminal but at the very least, he doesn't pretend to be a nice guy. He still does care for his mother in his own way, more than what can be said about Soo Ho. Guy is corrupt from head to toe and only cares about going up the food chain whatever way he can. I like the duality in their nature. One is branded a criminal but has a good heart, the other one is a perfect law abiding citizen who is using the system to benefit himself. Gotta give it to Dong Gu, both are him but I already deeply resent Soo Ho and kinda adore Kang Ho. 

I think that  Soo Ho has emotional wounds as well. We didn't see much of him as much as Kang Ho. His attitude could stem from something growing up as well.  Pushing himself and striving himself.. to be like the "perfect' son for the mother.  We don't know because again Kang Ho has more scenes. But drama like  this ( and we've watched a lot) when one twin behaves  in a way that we resent and don't like it's coming from something within.

During the hearing, he said  that the defendant was a friend from med school and law school origination formed by those interested in photography. When asked if he knew about the  relation between defendant and victim,  he only knows that she liked  the upperclassman and was shown even the by defendant the text message send by Ji Yeon saying she likes him.

The day  Ji Yeon was raped he saw them from a far going inside 'base camp' he had earphones and was reading book.  He didn't hear the screams as he had the earphones. But I have  this feeling, he knew that the defendant was an a**hole from the  getgo.  And probably was toying and planing to do something to Ji Yeon.  I think he should have stopped that upperclassman even before. Maybe could have warned Ji Yeon. We must remember. He's not a rich kid so he has to maintain good status with this rich students.  We need to know what's going through his mind.  Maybe a bit of another flashback will be good..

Yoon Shi Yoon  really shows his good acting with this dual characters. I like that his facial expressions  and mannerism as Kang Ho which is totally different from that cold hardly smiling twin judge.

Lee Yoo Young character as  is also favorite.  She fragile and vulnerable but she showed her principles and convictions.

@rachelyun thanks for the making film video. :)

Two solid actors looking so comfortable behind the scenes!

Lee Yoo Young is so charming in her own way and Yoon Shi Yoon is an all round nice guy.

SBS, give us more bts! 

Oh I am also curious about the OST. Hope we can get the full song soon.

Archived