[Drama 2018] Bad Papa, 배드파파 - 2018 Grimae Awards for Best Actor & Best Drama

Prettysup

20 hours ago, AgnesO said:

Wow, didn't expect people to start dying in today's episodes.  And it looks like JC's condition is getting more serious.  Things have started to unravel one by one.

JC has known about his illness all along.  That's why he has refused to take part in the boxing competition when the CEO approached him.  

I believe JC will take the trial test because of his daughter, who I'm quite certain has inherited her father's disease.  I really hope JC will survive.  It'll be sooo sad if only the mother and daughter are left.

And plsss don't give me that "after watching his daughter performed the final competition and won, JC passed away peacefully" :rage: 

A happy ending pls, for JC and his family.  This is supposed to be drama about family right?  The family will not be whole if anyone of them dies.

I think JC will die though, I don't see how he can redeem himself otherwise since his 2 opponents have both passed away (directly or indirectly due to him), and now Detective Lee too. So sad.

19 hours ago, qynn said:

I'm starting to believe #2 will be the case. Sobs. Before this episode, I thought that maybe JC would end up helping bring the bad guys down and be brought down himself in the process and the family would be back to where they started but with mom and daughter still loving JC despite his fears. But he's sick and his daughter is likely sick, so I think 2 is the most likely outcome. 

I think so too.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

think JC will die though, I don't see how he can redeem himself otherwise since his 2 opponents have both passed away (directly or indirectly due to him), and now Detective Lee too. So sad.

Noooo...I hope he doesn't die..already watching the recent eps with such heavy heart.. Maybe he might get injured or hurt in such a way that he will not be able to fight anymore ?  

Look likes they are filming the last fight tonight.

44845992-297728914408436-589140157186179
46138972-370400943703420-692264181683978
46151777-360222994751768-868716873027629

Cr. IG Owner kil_hyun_kwon

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

I think JC will die though, I don't see how he can redeem himself otherwise since his 2 opponents have both passed away (directly or indirectly due to him), and now Detective Lee too. So sad.

He can redeem himself by exposing the bad guys and bring them down, and return the justice to his opponents by admitting he took the drugs.  I would really hate to see him die cos he's not the main culprit that caused the death of the 2 fighters.  JC's biggest mistake is taking the pills to win over his opponents and getting honor and wealth out of it.  And the way I see it, he's thinking of death to atone for his sins???

I would rather he pulls himself together, admit his wrongs and cooperate with the Cha father and daughter - to finalize the drugs and bring the bad guys to justice.  And strive to live for his wife and daughter.  They may have to give up their wealth and big house, but find peace and happiness instead. 

Isn't this what the drama should try to convey?  Or is the writer out of his mind, and out to show JC as really a bad papa by killing him in the end.  I've no doubt by the end of the episode, the drug would be successfully developed to treat people, and the bad guys die or brought to justice.  But if JC die in the end, its so unsatisfying and pointless.   His wife and daughter would live in misery even if they manage to keep the wealth.  Everybody would be unhappy.  I don't mind him getting hurt and fight for his life, like what his previous coach has told him - to hold on till the end.  But JC got to survive, at least for his family. 

Then that'll be a good papa and brave fighter.

I just watched tue episode.

That was so depressinggggg, I’ve never watched anything that makes me feel soooo sad plus Jang Hyuk’s eyes are not helping. Chuno was sad but I can understand why. This one better give me that too! I really can’t see other way out for JC.  I agree with u @AgnesO but as of now , JC’s behaviour doesn’t suggest that. Unless his family could be the one who could change that.

1. Will we see a case of MW and JC against ceo in the final match? Is it possible for the 2 of them to work together to destroy Ceo? Maybe even the brothers? 

And JC may just die in that match :( 

2. We need Kang Pil Joo to turn this around. 

3. And JC plssss open up to your Wife. Is sooo painful to keep all these to yourself. 

4. Wasnt too surprised that Detective died. The scene where he was caught going through the laptop was left open, so I thought something bad could have happened to him. 

5. And that big bodyguard. Why is he so submissive? Is it because he needs that medication too? 

6. Lastly, why is the writer writing something so tragic :( I Guess this is too heavy for many people and therefore they are not watching haha. 

3 hours ago, AgnesO said:

He can redeem himself by exposing the bad guys and bring them down, and return the justice to his opponents by admitting he took the drugs.  I would really hate to see him die cos he's not the main culprit that caused the death of the 2 fighters.  JC's biggest mistake is taking the pills to win over his opponents and getting honor and wealth out of it.  And the way I see it, he's thinking of death to atone for his sins???

I would rather he pulls himself together, admit his wrongs and cooperate with the Cha father and daughter - to finalize the drugs and bring the bad guys to justice.  And strive to live for his wife and daughter.  They may have to give up their wealth and big house, but find peace and happiness instead. 

Isn't this what the drama should try to convey?  Or is the writer out of his mind, and out to show JC as really a bad papa by killing him in the end.  I've no doubt by the end of the episode, the drug would be successfully developed to treat people, and the bad guys die or brought to justice.  But if JC die in the end, its so unsatisfying and pointless.   His wife and daughter would live in misery even if they manage to keep the wealth.  Everybody would be unhappy.  I don't mind him getting hurt and fight for his life, like what his previous coach has told him - to hold on till the end.  But JC got to survive, at least for his family. 

Then that'll be a good papa and brave fighter.

I totally agree with you. To me, I don't really see death as redemption even if that death would lead to the completion of a drug that would save countless lives. For me, redemption comes from admitting your sins, accepting the consequences and striving to be better in the future. 

I thought JC would die after Ep. 25-26 but changed my mind after 27-28. Yes, things look dire with JC coughing up blood and if JC participates in the trial, it's hard to see him surviving. However,  SJ was reading Crime and Punishment (which IIRC was the same book she was reading in the flashbacks of teenage SJ) which I feel might be a clue to the ending. 

11 hours ago, kohnlee said:

I hope to see the family come a full circle.

Intact, together with or without the wealth.

In fact, better still without it. It shows and prove to JC that money is not the only thing that makes the family happy. 

Yes, that would make this drama more meaningful.  

Hi all. I'm finally back after my exam, just in time for the ending next week.

It was hard to watch episodes 25-28, because the tone of this drama got darker. I'm not only sad for those we've lost, but I think those deaths had a purpose to trigger the last part of the plot.

1. With the death of Jong Doo (younger thug), I think the older thug Pil Doo will finally bark at his owner the shady CEO, because we all know and he must know that it was his boss who had the guy killed. The CEO knows that Jong Doo is not a bad guy and was a big mouth, so to the CEO he is useless. I bet he set him up not only to kill the fighter, but also to kick him out bc he's done business behind his back (like taking pics for MW's ex girlfriend). I wish that Pil Doo will avenge his brother by exposing his boss, because I think he's kept track of all the disgusting stuff he made him do for him. So he can redeem himself in a way, because he's also a "bad papa" for his younger bro, since they had nobody but themselves as a family and he always tried to protect him.
  2. With the death of detective Lee (I'm really sad my ship with Ji Woo won't sail...) the police may be able to advance in the last portion of the investigation. Something tells me that they may track the location of the lab or find his cam-glasses with the video recording. Maybe doctor Cha could help with this, since the president already wants to kill him.
  3. With the deaths of the two fighters who were 2nd and 3rd, I think the aim was to get JC to the top because he'd get the CEO big money, since with the drug he'd be invincible. Something tells me the CEO might've drugged the brain-dead fighter to ensure JC won. The other fighter was removed bc he could hinder JC's newfound career. The next one to eliminate is Min Woo, and I think that if in the match against JC he's gonna win, the CEO won't hesitate to had him killed as a payback for his mistrust 11 years before. Since I don't think MW will die, he and JC may have an agreement for real this time, or MW is gonna lose on purpose. Maybe MW is gonna discover that JC was in the risk of getting seriously ill and that's why he lost.

This takes me to another point. MW realized already that JC wasn't losing on purpose 11 years ago, so he's seeing his senior in a different light. He's gonna put everything into this match because he thinks JC is gonna use drugs. I hope JC doesn't drink anything before the match to ensure he doesn't take the drug unwillingly, but so far, unless director Park brings more pills to the CEO, there aren't pills around him to give JC.

In the grand scheme of things, if you think about it, president Jeong and CEO Gook are the same. They both care about money and only money, and be successfull - it doesn't matter people die in the process. The president already killed detective Lee and probably the younger doctor as well, then Choi Yong Woo who didn't die by his hands but by something that was created out of his reckless order. And he wants JC and YS too. The CEO removed any obstacle that could hinder his possibility to gain more money. Doctor Cha is the JC of president Jeong, and JC is the doctor Cha of CEO Gook. Doctor Cha also saved his daughter Ji Woo when she was younger. JC and Doctor Cha are specular characters.

Now that YS may show signs of amyotrophy, I wonder if JC will be tempted to finally go to the lab to be tested. He could be doing it to save his daughter, if it comes out that she has the disease he doesn't have. Maybe this could happen after his fight with MW, because we saw JH's video and they're gonna fight for sure. I think that president Jeong and CEO Gook will be caught at the same time and perhaps in the future JC will try to help doctor Cha with the medicine because the doctor may come out of this mess unscated. I know he wants to admit he killed Choi Yong Woo, but I don't think he's gonna be punished in the end, same with JC. So maybe it will end with JC helping Doctor Cha and we see a flashforward of 10 years where he his happy with his wife and YS can live thanks to the drug the doctor finally developed for neuromuscular disease. Of course, maybe not at Shingoo Pharmaceutical. But maybe the doctor could be appointed as the new president and develop the drug the way he knows is safer. And JC could become a coach and get his own business. I think that it would come full circle if JC and doctor Cha turn into the "good" versions of CEO Gook and president Jeong in the end. With the older thug and YD and his friends work for JC in a honest and legal way. While the bad guys root in jail and may suffer at the hands of inmates because of the crimes they committed.

Well, it looks like my idea may happen? Anyway, it's full circle since YS went to the hospital during the first episode of the drama. That was probably an early sign of her illness, but they all believed she had only hurt her arm. I guess when she fell during rehearsals with her friends that were signs of the disease. Hopefully JC could help doctor Cha develop the medicine that could save her and millions of people. I can't see the drama end with YS die but it would be a punishment for JC to have to deal with something hard like a sick daughter for the rest of her (hopefully long) life. Because LG's disease worsens with time.

Who knows who's gonna try to shot detective Cha. From the background, it looks like the garage where the thugs who knew the time the company of president Jeong picked up subjects for the test lived.

@kohnlee I couldn't understand much without subs but things are definitely not going smoothly for him..:tears:

7 hours ago, purplebass said:

can't see the drama end with YS die but it would be a punishment for JC to have to deal with something hard like a sick daughter for the rest of her (hopefully long) life. Because LG's disease worsens with time.

I really don't know the drama is going to end..will YS be saved? But Dr Cha was arrested ...how?? 

The last fight.

Archived