[Drama 2018] Bad Papa, 배드파파 - 2018 Grimae Awards for Best Actor & Best Drama

Prettysup

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, so the crutches were his? I think he'll have to use them for a couple of days depending on the strain. Hopefully he'll recover soon. Besides for the baseball match, this is why they probably decided to air just two mini episodes next Monday. Maybe they need to shoot fighting scenes and they want JH to rest enough time to prevent any damage. Glad that he was there when they sent the coffee truck, because in some occasions he couldn't enjoy the gift because of filming.

On 10/26/2018 at 10:33 PM, purplebass said:

Oh, so the crutches were his? I think he'll have to use them for a couple of days depending on the strain. Hopefully he'll recover soon. Besides for the baseball match, this is why they probably decided to air just two mini episodes next Monday. Maybe they need to shoot fighting scenes and they want JH to rest enough time to prevent any damage. Glad that he was there when they sent the coffee truck, because in some occasions he couldn't enjoy the gift because of filming.

I think I am right. 

Mans speedy recovery to JH!

26 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Awww Why does he always get injured while filming? Hope he recovers soon and glad that it was not a serious injury. 

I think it was from the day when he shooted for 18 hrs. 

Now I will be even more scared and yet curious to watch that match on Monday, the one where JC refused to tap when he was trapped by the opponent using the armbar technique... especially knowing that he overexerted and hurt himself filming that scene..:tears: 

I am glad there is no Bad Papa on Tuesday so that the filming can slow down a bit for him to recover fully.. 

5 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Now I will be even more scared and yet curious to watch that match on Monday, the one where JC refused to tap when he was trapped by the opponent using the armbar technique... especially knowing that he overexerted and hurt himself filming that scene..:tears: 

I am glad there is no Bad Papa on Tuesday so that the filming can slow down a bit for him to recover fully.. 

And he is going to do it without those pills.

Arent Jang Hyuk amazing here :)

15 hours ago, purplebass said:

He injured himself when shooting the 18-hour scene which was done on the 16 Oct. So it has be 10 days already. I guess the baseball matches are really a blessing in disguise now, hope he recovers well.

Another Tamagotchi video by MBC official instagram

3 Times Shin Eun Soo Impressed With Her Emotional Scenes In “Bad Papa”
Oct 27, 2018
by K. Lew

1050099951d34dfd942587749f914fc1.jpeg?s=

Shin Eun Soo is beautifully portraying her character’s love for her family in “Bad Papa.”

The actress currently stars in MBC’s “Bad Papa” as Yoo Ji Cheol’s (played by Jang Hyuk) daughter Yoo Young Sun, who gives up her dream to be a ballerina in order to protect her family. Though she had been a ballet prodigy, she gave it up after realizing that pursuing her dream would bring up her father’s scandals.

Though she pretends to be blunt on the outside, she cares for her family more than anyone else. She has also shown a stunning amount of growth as she pursues her other dreams with great effort. Here are three emotional scenes delivered by Shin Eun Soo.

1. It’s okay, Dad. It’s you.

Yoo Young Sun was bullied by her classmates for her fake designer bag — a gift from her father. Upon hearing her father being called poor, she couldn’t hold back her anger and got into a physical altercation with her classmates. The fight got so intense that she fell down the stairs and had to wear a cast for her arm. When her father arrived at the hospital, she put on a brave smile and told him that it was okay, refusing to tell him the reason behind the fight. Her father also apologized for the faux bag with a embarrassed smile, to which she responded with a warm smile of her own to comfort him.

2. Take care of each other! Mom, Dad, both of you!

Yoo Young Sun felt sorry that her father Yoo Ji Cheol and her mother Choi Sun Joo (played by Son Yeo Eun) were growing further apart, and her heart sank even further when she discovered the half-written divorce papers. Afterwards, she led the conversation so that the two would take care of each other, and also made reservations at a restaurant so the two could go on a date. However, Choi Sun Joo was unable to make it because of work, which left Yoo Ji Cheol to eat his meal alone. Seeing this, Yoo Young Sun ran towards her father to affectionately take care of him.

3. Mom, don’t be sorry.

When Yoo Young Sun confessed that she had quit ballet because she hated seeing people curse out her father, she sobbed her heart out. Afterwards, Yoo Ji Cheol told her to not be concerned by such things and urged her to chase her dreams. Encouraged by this, Yoo Young Sun went signed up for a dance audition, but was unable to even perform because she slept in late. However, she confidently overcame this obstacle, and upon her return home, comforted her crying mother, who had felt guilty that she hadn’t been able to wake up her daughter on time.

A source from the production team stated, “The character Yoo Young Sun isn’t someone who speaks easily. She thinks and ponders over things, and conveys her thoughts with minimal expressions. However, her thoughts are very mature. Shin Eun Soo is portraying Yoo Young Sun’s thoughts in detailed ways through her gaze and actions. Please look forward to Yoo Young Sun, who will compete and dance on even bigger stages.”

“Bad Papa” airs every Monday and Tuesday at 10 p.m. KST.

If you haven’t already, check out the latest episode below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1252799wpp/3-times-shin-eun-soo-impressed-emotional-scenes-bad-papa

Thanks for the translated clips @azureblue7. I knew that he and Cho Ji Woong are friends since Chuno days but didn't know they were this close. 

Poor CJW he is such a funny guy but his marriage was 'ruined' because of 'sincere' Hyukie.lols 

And though it may sound weird to other people but I think JH aptly named him 'tasty' actor. I too feel same way when I see him. He is just magnetic.

4 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

Thanks for the translated clips @azureblue7. I knew that he and Cho Ji Woong are friends since Chuno days but didn't know they were this close. 

Poor CJW he is such a funny guy but his marriage was 'ruined' because of 'sincere' Hyukie.lols 

And though it may sound weird to other people but I think JH aptly named him 'tasty' actor. I too feel same way when I see him. He is just magnetic.

I really like  CJW's acting after watching him in Signal! After he rejected appearing in signal 2, I don't think I will watch it. Wonder if both of them talked about this..JH also rejected appearing in voice 2.;)

I can imagine how serious a wedding host JH will be ..haha. But can tell how appreciative CJW  is towards what JH has done for him. He finished the entire hotdog while the other two guests didn't. Loyal friend just like Hyuk.

20 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

Awww Why does he always get injured while filming? Hope he recovers soon and glad that it was not a serious injury. 

I think it was from the day when he shooted for 18 hrs. 

Yes, 18 hrs of such intense physical shooting is no joke.

20 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I'm with you.  I think I'll cringe while watching, since it'll be even more real as he has actually hurt himself.... but knowing how much effort JH has put into that scene, I'm also looking forward to it... hope he'll recover soon before the next fight scene :tears:

29 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Wonder if both of them talked about this..JH also rejected appearing

But can tell how appreciative CJW  is towards what JH has done for him.

He finished the entire hotdog while the other two guests didn't. 

It was not like that. CJW found the filming experience so exhausting. That's why he rejected the offer. Movie actors generally find drama filming very difficult.

Not everyone is so hardworking (read crazy) like JH.:sweatingbullets: CJW says he find filming(both movie&drama) tiring.

Actually CJW owes Hyukie a little bit more. JH suggested him for the bodyguard's role in TWDR. CJW used to be a supporting movie actor but  I think it was first role for which he was 'noticed' by the wider audience. He is a very very talented actor but getting noticed is equally important to survive.

It's funny but one of other guy Yoo Hae Jin is also Hyukie's friend. He is in 'shy group' and he is really shy.lols

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Guess this injury has recovered before the coffee support event?

Did the opponent really use the armbar technique on him for real?? Pulled and hurt his wrist or shoulder for real?? My goodness, I know the supporting actors are all professional boxers or MMA fighters and not actors..but more precautions should have been taken.. now i will watch the next match feeling more upset as I will be wondering if his expression of pain when his opponent pulled his arm is real.. . I will cringe for sure.

Ok..just read this post, so he didn't injure his arm. It is in the script but the ankle injury is real. 

Cr.owner

Archived