[Drama 2018] Bad Papa, 배드파파 - 2018 Grimae Awards for Best Actor & Best Drama

Prettysup

15 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Did YJC left the chores for his wife? I thought that scene was just a flashback.

I thought it was a flashback too. One from when JC was still working as a detective since JC had only been out of a job for a day or so at that point. But my memory isn't so good these days. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, AgnesO said:

I really don't think that's the reason he hands her the divorce paper.  We shall know soon further down the episodes.

I was thinking that this happened after his defeat by MW and banned from boxing. Perhaps he wanted to divorce her then coz he thought himself as a failure. 

49 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I was thinking that this happened after his defeat by MW and banned from boxing. Perhaps he wanted to divorce her then coz he thought himself as a failure. 

Reminds me of the scene on the bridge.

That scene not only shows us how desperate he was, it also reflects his thinking that is, ever since his defeat, he had never stood up.  Living in denial, perhaps and not to mention he probably also has an inferiority complex.

I said this because of the messages he saw on the bridge.

Becos that’s how he sees himself, completely useless.

And people with inferior complex usually develop a set of defense mechanisms.

Whatever it is, continue to support #badpapa and we will know!

Haha I can’t wait for Monday! 

New stills! I think his fan boy will be his only supporter througghout the drama :) 

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

was thinking that this happened after his defeat by MW and banned from boxing. Perhaps he wanted to divorce her then coz he thought himself as a failure. 

I was wondering if he wanted to divorce her because he knew there's something wrong with his body and he was ridden with debt. I wondered what accident caused her to be hospitalised too..

I am also worried about what the pill is ultimately doing to his body. When they rejected him as a clinical trial subject, the reason cited was he has no tolerance to the toxicity of the medicine.  

58 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I was wondering if he wanted to divorce her because he knew there's something wrong with his body and he was ridden with debt. I wondered what accident caused her to be hospitalised too..

I am also worried about what the pill is ultimately doing to his body. When they rejected him as a clinical trial subject, the reason cited was he has no tolerance to the toxicity of the medicine.  

That’s why I said .... the boxer may die in the end :( 

He wasn’t selected Becos his health not optimal and yet he took those pills thinking that they are nutrients supplement but of course now he knew and he may continue with it Becos it helps him! 

12 hours ago, qynn said:

I thought it was a flashback too. One from when JC was still working as a detective since JC had only been out of a job for a day or so at that point. 

It was  a flashback. The scene depicted hardships of SJ's daily life but it didn't imply that YJC was the reason. He was a detective. His job was demanding. His working hours were irregular.

3 hours ago, kohnlee said:

I think his fan boy will be his only supporter througghout the drama :) 

No apart form KYD, he has Cha Ji Woo and detective ajjushi. His daughter is also on his side.:lol:

*edit: Hey I just rewatched and yes the portion after Jc broke the flowerpot onwards was a flashback that is the one where we saw his wife working tirelessly and coming home to a messy place. 

(Isn’t that what we were discussing about - I’ve got confused) 

That flower pot scene also showed that JC does care for his Wife. 

Wow.. haha I need to watch a second time to catch more details :) 

14 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

Hey I just rewatched and yes the portion that JC kept saying bulb is out was a flashback. 

Wow.. haha I need to watch a second time to catch more details :) 

I just rewatched ep 4 too but I dont understand how do you guys deduce it was a flashback? When JC told SJ about the light bulb, she told him she had just quitted her job to write an autobiography. Then she asked about the fridge handle. It certainly was not a flashback?

28 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I just rewatched ep 4 too but I dont understand how do you guys deduce it was a flashback? When JC told SJ about the light bulb, she told him she had just quitted her job to write an autobiography. Then she asked about the fridge handle. It certainly was not a flashback?

I edited my post.

i was referring to the one where the wife was shown she works endlessly and come home to a messy place.

Return of the Spider-Man hahah!

On 10/3/2018 at 2:51 PM, qynn said:

Okay, I have a few minutes to give my thoughts.

I was thinking the fight in Japan was going to be the end of JC's boxing career, but it was actually a fight with MW and afterward JC was banned and MW thinks he lost on purpose. There was a shady looking fellow at the Japan match that I'm guessing plays into things. MW might be a bit nostalgic about SJ but he's also using her to get to JC. Interesting. I assume this will all build to an ultimate showdown in the ring between MW and JC.

I don't particularly like SJ, but if JC kept promising to take care of things and then not coming through, I can understand why she'd become resentful. The scene of her working two jobs and then coming home to a messy house was something I could empathize with. That doesn't mean I like how she expresses her feelings to JC. I didn't like that she went to dinner with MW, but I hated that she badmouthed JC to him. 

Totally with you,  about the wife, she is not being loyal to her husband. It doesn't matter how many problems do you have o what difficulties  is your family going through. She knows that her husband and MW are not friends and JC is looking like a fool in front of him, she seems no to know that the only thing JC  has left is his pride. I feel sad for him.

1 hour ago, camichi said:

She knows that her husband and MW are not friends and JC is looking like a fool in front of him

Does she really know any credible reason for JC's disapproval of MW apart from their past professional rivalry? She didn't go and ask MW for help. It was MW who showed up when she was in desperate need of money. He was her childhood friend, so she didn't distrust him. He even gave her a much desired writing job. Till this point SJ never acted in selfish way. She has only her daughter's wellbeing in her mind.

I'm not the writer of this drama so I don't know how her character will act in upcoming episodes but SJ is not vicious, she is just frustated with her life-style and Ji Chul.

Despite all of this belittling the husband(both in public and private) is a big no-no. If she rebukes him for his mistake then It's alright. 

2 hours ago, camichi said:

but it was actually a fight with MW and afterward JC was banned and MW thinks he lost on purpose. There was a shady looking fellow at the Japan match that I'm guessing plays into things. MW might be a bit nostalgic about SJ but he's also using her to get to JC. Interesting. I assume this will all build to an ultimate showdown in the ring between MW and JC.

I also feel that there seems to be a misunderstanding between JC and MW. Did JC really fake a defeat during their last match? Or was there something wrong with his body that caused him to lose in a manner that neither MW or the public could accept or even believe that he genuinely lost? MW seems to bear that grudge till now and he is using SJ to get back at JC.

2 hours ago, camichi said:

Totally with you,  about the wife, she is not being loyal to her husband. It doesn't matter how many problems do you have o what difficulties  is your family going through. She knows that her husband and MW are not friends and JC is looking like a fool in front of him, she seems no to know that the only thing JC  has left is his pride. I feel sad for him.

I feel sad for him too.. every time he gets knock down at the ring, the  thought of and love for his family always gives him the strength to persevere and get up again to fight.. There must have been some reason for him to lose that last match...  

2 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

Does she really know any credible reason for JC's disapproval of MW apart from their past professional rivalry? She didn't go and ask MW for help. It was MW who showed up when she was in desperate need of money. He was her childhood friend, so she didn't distrust him. He even gave her a much desired writing job. Till this point SJ never acted in selfish way. She has only her daughter's wellbeing in her mind.

I think she did approach MW for help on her own the first time round.  But later on, after JC went to return MW his money and sort of reminded him about SJ being his first love, MW got angry and approach SJ to ask her to write his autobiography.

Frankly speaking, I find it hard to blame SJ but I also feel very sad for JC. He is really trying his best...luck is just really not on their side. Their daughter's case, JC losing his job, house getting auctioned off soon unless they have the money to buy  it..all these need money...really in desperate need of money and JC's health is worrisome too..He is hiding it from his wife.

16 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

JC's health is worrisome too..He is hiding it from his wife.

Now I understand why people are worried JC may die in the end. Hmmm... think that will be kind of a good ending though, I love tragic heroes..

And can anyone recall the first scene of Husband and Wife in the kitchen? 

JC eating curry and his Wife is hurrying to work and asked him about the $1000 in his jacket. JC expressed he is feeling lonely. It shows that they have not bedded each other for a while. It must have been since they were both trying to make ends meet. And that could be why she can’t write erotic stuff or find any inspiration to do so. 

During the press con, the wife’s character did mention this is a story about How the family almost fall apart and went through all to be together again. Becos of what the actress said, I believe JC and his Wife still love each other. JC doesn’t want her to touch the broken flower pot Becos he still care. But the reality of financial problem is taking a toil on their relationship.

And what is so good about the plot is that this part about the family, about the Wife and husband and Financial problem is so real. It is almost like a scene taken off from a real life story. 

I saw some preview but i dont know how to extract it and post it here hahaha!

Archived