[Drama 2018] Bad Papa, 배드파파 - 2018 Grimae Awards for Best Actor & Best Drama

Prettysup

Lee Eun-sam, starring in MBC 'Bad Papa'  ... Lively character

Actress Lee Eun-sam has been confirmed to appear in MBC new Mon/Tue drama 'Bad Papa', which is a story of a struggling man who choose to become a bad human in order to be a good father. Actor Jang Hyuk has been confirmed to play the titular role of the father, Yoo Ji-chul. 

Lee Eun-sam plays the innocent and delightful character Lee Seul-gi, who is one of the three best friends of Ji-chul's daughter Yoo Young-sun (Shin Eun-soo).

Lee Eun-sam said, 'I am very happy and grateful to be part of this great work, and I will try to shoot with a learning attitude. I hope to have a lot of love and support for 'Bad Papa'."

Eun-Sam has been active as a host of KBS2 TV children program 'Panny Panny' and EBS 'Cooking Cook' etc. She has also recently appeared in KBS2 TV drama 'Miracle that we met' that ended in May. Her upcoming works include the movie is 'Hey guys, you are not bad'.

On the other hand, MBC's new Mon/Tue drama 'Bad Papa' is scheduled to be broadcast in September following 'Risky Romance'.

2018062801001494500109901.jpg

http://www.sportsseoul.com/news/read/652313

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actor Sung Hyuk decided not to appear on MBC new Mon/Tue drama 'Bad Papa'.

According to a drama official, Sang Hyuk attended the script reading session of 'Bad Papa' recently, and decided not to appear in it.

Sung Hyuk was orginally scheduled to return to the TV screen with 'Bad Papa' six months after the TVN's 'Hwayugi' ended in March which he received favorable reviews for his performance.

Bad Papa', scheduled to premiere in September, is a story about the struggles of a middle aged man who chose to become a bad person in order to be a good father. It stars Jang Hyuk, Son Yeo-eun, Lee David and Kim Jae-kyung.

11445_5663_3647.jpg

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=22758734&cloc=

22 hours ago, Prettysup said:

According to a drama official, Sang Hyuk attended the script reading session of 'Bad Papa' 

I wonder when will the photos of script reading be released..JH must be really busy now since the filming  schedule is going to be tighter due to the coverage of the World cup ..

On 6/30/2018 at 7:00 AM, azureblue7 said:

I wonder when will the photos of script reading be released..JH must be really busy now since the filming  schedule is going to be tighter due to the coverage of the World cup ..

Seems like it was not final script reading so JH might or might not have attended this session. 

JH doesn't have many scenes in WOL so his schedule must not be

hectic right now.

But from the synopsis it looks like his role must be physically and emotionally demanding. So I hope he gets good rest before the filming starts.:yum:

On 6/27/2018 at 1:05 AM, jongski said:

Haven't heard of the actor but. "superb body condition" got me! Heehe :P I hope the acting complements that.

Looks like a few new actors are making their debut with this drama.

I too prefer superb acting much more over superb body.:mrgreen:

@Prettysup and others. Waiting for script reading pics. Please. Jang Hyuk and this drama and the story and his character and the emotions and  the actions.

"Bad Papa', scheduled to premiere in September, is a story about the struggles of a middle aged man who chose to become a bad person in order to be a good father"

Just with the at story alone,  I'm excited to watch him. Like I said, if anybody deserves best actor award at the end of year awards and the real criteria is acting. It's Jang Hyuk. Hoping this drama will cinch it for him. I have a feeling I'm gonna be emotional with Bad Papa. Heck I've seen Chuno 3x and I cry every time with his scenes. He's really brilliant actor .

20 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

Seems like it was not final script reading so JH might or might not have attended this session. 

Remember this pic he posted last week? It looks like his typical script-reading outfit, so there is a chance he did attend that session.

8 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

I'm withholding all of my expectations becuase I don't want them to be crushed in the end(but still secretly I'm excited).:mrgreen:

Same. I'm cautiously excited you could say. The description of JH's character sounds good. I'm just a little concerned about all the new or newish actors that have been cast. Plus, I don't mind that JH's character has a teenage daughter but add in her teenage friends, and I'm a little ugh. 

I m very much excited for this.. We got a glimpse of JH fighting skills and fighter look in WOL.. I can't wait for the show anymore.. The storyline looks very different n unique!! I can't wait to see this avatar of JH!! B)

20 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Remember this pic he posted last week? It looks like his typical script-reading outfit, so there is a chance he did attend that session.

Lol. It's his outfit for all of the ocassions(except formal). I'm sure he even sleeps in those clothes. Wait...isn't that T-shirt atleast three years old?:joy:

15 hours ago, qynn said:

Same. Plus, I don't mind that JH's character has a teenage daughter but add in her teenage friends, and I'm a little ugh. 

I think they are only playing minor roles. I've heard good things about actress Shin Eun Soo so no worries here.:)

Ha Joon, confirms appearance in 'Bad Papa'  ... working with Jang Hyuk 

Ha Joon is set to star in MBC's new Mon/Tue drama 'Bad Papa', and is starting to prepare in earnest. His agency Elen Company said, "Ha Joon will appear in 'Bad Papa' as the character Lee Min Woo."

'Bad Papa' is a drama depicting the struggle of a man who chose to become a bad man in order to become a good father. It is a story about bad people whom we cannot cheer for, and also the story of our fathers whom we cannot help but cheer for. 

Ha Joon plays Lee Min Woo, a mixed martial arts champion. He is the top ranked middleweight martial arts champion who is popular due to his skills and good looks. It is a character that attracts the public attention because he portrays a youthful image when he appears on TV and is involved in the fitness business.  It is a key character that leads to conflict in the drama.

Above all, this work is more encouraging as it is the first time that Ha Joon will be playing a major role. Actor Sung Hyuk was previously offered this role but he stepped down after attending the script reading session. 

Ha Joon made his debut with the musical " Couple of Fantasy " in 2012, and began making appearances in dramas such as " Three Days ", " Six Flying Dragons " and movies "The Boys who cried wolf" etc.  Last year, he played a handsome detective Kang Hong-seok in the hit movie "Crime City " and emerged as a dark horse in Chungmuro with his solid acting skills. Recently, he also appeared in the drama ' Radio Romance'.

'Bad Papa' is  written by Kim Sung-min, and directed by Jang Chang-kyu PD. It is scheduled to be broadcast in September following "Partners for Justice' and 'Risky Romance'.

90883094.1.jpg

http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20180703/90883107/1

On 6/23/2018 at 1:47 PM, DreamCatcher2011 said:

Yeah Jang Hyuk. So happy to see him again as the first lead not the second lead. It didn't respect him to put him as the second lead with his talent. 

Amen, if he isn't the main actor I spend my time wanting him on the screen. I'm just greedy. 

Comedian Jung Sung-ho challenges acting in MBC drama ‘Bad Papa’. 

Jung Sung-ho recently appeared in KBS2 drama 'Jugglers' last January as the director of the production department of the YB Ad-video division, introducing a distinctive and natural acting power and giving laughter to viewers.

In MBC drama 'Bad Papa' scheduled for airing in September, Jung Sung-ho will act as a commentator of mixed martial arts, and he will be appearing as an actor with a new look.

Jung Sung-ho is a cast member in the TVN entertainment program 'SNL Korea' and has been receiving a lot of love from viewers.

art_1530772166.jpg

http://www.ekn.kr/news/article_lab.html?no=372390

Shin Eun-soo confirms to appear in MBC 'Bad Papa'

Shin Eun-soo will play Yoo Young-sun, daughter of Jang Hyuk, in the MBC new Mon/Tue TV drama 'Bad Papa' that is scheduled to be broadcast in September.

Yoo Young-sun is a dancer filled with dreams and passion when she was young, but at the age of 17 years, she became a student with no aspirations. Her personality is similar to her father, with both having strong inclination towards sports. Her life is a strange reflection of her father’s success and failures. 

Shin Eun-soo, who was born in 2002, will play a role that is appropriate to her age. She made her debut in the movie "Vanishing Time" in 2016, acting alongside Gang Dong-won. She also acted as the teenage character of Jun Ji-hyun in SBS drama 'The Legend of Blue Sea' and in TVN drama stage "Anthology". Her upcoming work included director Kim Jee-woon's new film "Inrang". 

'Bad Papa' depicts the struggle of the middle-aged man Yoo Ji-chul (Jang Hyuk) who chose to become a bad man in order to be a good father. It will air in September after 'Investigation Couple’ and ‘Risky Romance’. 

20180706141211789.jpg

http://news.jtbc.joins.com/article/article.aspx?news_id=NB11661255

On 7/8/2018 at 6:12 PM, jongski said:

I said previously  this is the first time I'll see him in drama with having a teen daughter. Suits his age actually.  The drama I'm anticipating. Still waiting script reading pics.  Hello MBC.

We'll get this drama within three months!!! :blush:

Song Hye Kyo and Kang Dong Won played parents to a teenager when they were only 34 !  Hyukie is almost 42.:)  On one hand he never played daddy and now he is suddenly dad to teenagers.

Actor Park Ji-bin returns to TV screen after five years.

According to OSEN, Park Ji-bin will appear in MBC's new Mon/Tue drama ‘Bad Papa’, which will premiere in September following ‘Investigation Couple’ and ‘Risky Romance’.

‘Bad Papa' is a story of a middle aged man's struggle who chose to be a bad man in order to become a good father. It stars Jang Hyuk, Kim Jae Kyung, Shin Eun-soo, Lee David and Ha Joon. Park Ji-bin is expected to act as a villain which he has never be seen as before.

It had been 5 years since Park Ji-bin’s last drama SBS's ‘The suspicious housekeeper’ which was aired in 2013. He was considered to be one of the best child actors in the 2000s, had participated in various dramas and films. He became the youngest actor to win the Best Actor award at the Montreal Film Festival in 2005.

Park enlilsted in the military in May 2015 and was discharged in 2017. Since then, he has preparing for his return by keeping fit while reviewing his next works.

On the other hand, Park Ji-bin will play the role of ‘Tofu’ in ‘Tofu's Personified’, a web drama broadcasted on "Olleh TV mobile" on the 17th July.

201807131108773642_5b480dbcd9c2a.jpg

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110945048

Archived