[Thai Drama 2018] Love by Chance Series Season 1 บังเอิญรัก

Terresa Gate

I find this info in LazySubber's Facebook

there will be english subtitles. For now,  with what I understand,  I'm not really into this show. Only one part makes me want to know more but maybe with the subtitles it will change. Let's give a chance!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

Pete told his mum that he doesn't like girls... but he likes boys...!!

Pete: Mum, do you hate me now (because of this)

(long silence)

Pete: I don't want to be like this... I want to like girls... have one of my own... but I don't know what I did wrong, to be like this.

(flash back: mum sees a video, two boys kissing on a bedroom / scene back)

Mum: Your are still my son, no mater what. You haven't done anything wrong, na.

(they embrace and cry together)

Mum: Listen to me Pete. It doesn't matter who you like; Or whom you love... Or what you are... You will always be my dear son.

Pete: I am sorry mum. 

I was not sure, but i think it was something like that! Cause image speak for themselves!

4 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

I have the feeling there is not going to be an official YouTube Version for this Series; as the LINE TV version was run with the logo of the producers of the series. GMM 25 was use just to have the TV run; but they aren't involve much more.

Cheers...!!

God bless gmm25 because they help us (the fans) to air this show...  i love you (gmm25)....:wub:

8 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

There are a lot of things this kid never did before :joy:

Yes, it seems like an innocent kitten just born, still with closed eyes. On the other side, he already talk with his mom about his sexuality, that show even he can be blind, his brain is already full active!

10 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

there will be english subtitles. For now,  with what I understand,  I'm not really into this show. Only one part makes me want to know more but maybe with the subtitles it will change. Let's give a chance!

It's incredible! Yesterday, i just gives an eye on the link, so i appreciate the image quality, but there was not yet subbed, and this morning, i watch first part which have eng sub!!! Who made it and how so fast? BTW, it's so great!

I think ep 2 will be heavy on emotion too, much more than ep 1! (i also notice that the serie "innocently" promote Mercedes cars!  ha ha ha Which one did you prefer, the whole white or the dark grey?)

I just saw JayBL does the subbing!

1 hour ago, Mel_Rios said:

OK... more later... Have to get ready for Drake now :kiss_closed:

Hey mister Drake's promotion man, you have find the way to promote him in another topic! Congrats, you done a true good work!

ps: i'm kidding!:D

BTW, in break 3, at the bar sequence, there is a second singer. I think it is  Thitipat Pookboonsherd who play Mick into Love Sick 2. Am i right?

7 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

Pete... well... personally he is not my "type"... so feminine and weak... with that very timid voice... and soft movements...

I like his polite way of talking... even if it seems very very very old fashion.

I guess Pete's manners comes from his (very) rich family (able to offer a Mercedes last model to a young student is more than a sign) and a "well respected" home education. I am even sure he don't know only one local slang word (except a few learn at school and he still never used!). However, behind an apparently effiminate guy can be hidden a true male at bed! I know one!!!

So in France we have a proverb that say: "l'habit ne fait pas le moine!" ("the robe don't make the monk") that can be translated with:"you can't judge a book by it's cover"

6 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

I am not familiar with that face.... his singing was fine thou...

Yep, he sings so well that's why i think he is (Mick) Titipath. I have a vid where he sing love ballad so well a difficult song to interpret!

More songs there:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFcf6gkVhOtzxOTF29in1bw

And now, i am sure he is, so go there:

https://twitter.com/minthitipat

I think the pilot was really solid because it made me care about Pete and Ae in one episode. Meanwhile, we're 6 episodes into My Tee and I still don't care about Tee.

I definitely think Pete is a huge princess but it's super interesting since Thai dramas usually don't have leads that are that 'gay'. It'll also be interesting to see a masculine guy like Ae fall for him. We didn't see much of the others but I'm also excited for Tin and Can.

I hope the fandom gets big, people have already made fanvids for it which is promising.

On 8/4/2018 at 6:03 PM, gogole mongol said:

BTW, in break 3, at the bar sequence, there is a second singer. I think it is  Thitipat Pookboonsherd who play Mick into Love Sick 2. Am i right?

Yeah I recognize him immediately :)

It's a little better with the subtitles, I'm not into the show, immediately attracted like for My Tee, but I will try some more and see.

Hopefully I know some actors' faces because for now I don't get all the names' characters yet!

Amazing first episode!!! Why is this not more popular...

Anyway...

Spoiler

Judging from the trailers, Pete's mom will die, right? That'll be an interesting storyline. I can't remember any other Thai BL that has done that before.

I watched the first episode yesterday only out of curiosity cause the trailer was not especially appealing to me. I must say I remain skeptical at that stage. I don't connect at all with the main character (although it was instant with Mork in My Tee) and I don't buy the "love at first sight" gimmick especially dramatized that way (with slow motion and heavy music). I must lack romanticism :rolleyes:

That said, I liked that for once a main character in a BL clearly stated that he's gay, it's a nice change. Also, I tend to like more side couples than main in that kind of show, so I'll still watch next episode before deciding if I drop it entirely or not to see if we get a bit more of the other characters. But that will definitely not be my new favourite show (it actually reminds me of 2Moons that I hadn't liked at all).

11 hours ago, winetart said:

I think the pilot was really solid because it made me care about Pete and Ae in one episode. Meanwhile, we're 6 episodes into My Tee and I still don't care about Tee.

I definitely think Pete is a huge princess but it's super interesting since Thai dramas usually don't have leads that are that 'gay'. It'll also be interesting to see a masculine guy like Ae fall for him. We didn't see much of the others but I'm also excited for Tin and Can.

I hope the fandom gets big

"OMG... Yes... I can't still endure with Tee either  And is getting worst by each episode. 

It is interesting to have this feminine and cute gay college student (Pete) as love interest for the masculine and direct Ae."

It's seems to be a refined guy made automatically of you an effeminate one. As you (Mel_Rios), i don't like effeminate guy, but i don't make a mystake to compare sophisticated (a lot more than Ae, of course) guy to effeminate!  I didn't see any effeminate movement or manner into Pete attitude. When you live into a rich family, there is a lot of conventions that enter into you and Pete unconsciously reflect all into his external and ordinary life. The best exemple is he never practice bicycle or used common lift. If this fact made of him a neanderthal man? :joy:

ps: there is a solution for "Cause you are my...", take tranquillizer pills just before each new episode :joy:

32 minutes ago, SaQaroz said:

I must lack romanticism :rolleyes:

Romanticism! That's the real question! Director have an idea about his work (into made a BL serie), and viewers have another vision, mostly depending on their own desire (or phantasm) what a BL serie must be. One need more or less  romanticism, other need more hot moment (kiss only!), another want the proud knight coming back from war and offered his heart, a knee at ground, promising eternal love. There is a lot of fairy tales possible! A lot of people try to redo his own script, and will disagree if it doesn't go in their way. For me, i just take things as they comes, and i let peoples do what they want when they will. However my first respect sign goes to director's work. In the end, it is good serie or not, that's another story.

To SaQaroz: don't take my words especially for you, this is not the case. I just write my reflection from the word "romanticism", which is made (my reflection) from what i read into Pink Milk and Soompi forum, since i both subscribed.

1 hour ago, gogole mongol said:

To SaQaroz: don't take my words especially for you, this is not the case. I just write my reflection from the word "romanticism", which is made (my reflection) from what i read into Pink Milk and Soompi forum, since i both subscribed.

Haha I don't, don't worry!  And even if it was for me, you're entitled to your opinion :) I however mostly agree with you. Of course, a director has a vision, but that doesn't mean we can't critizise it! The main reason I don't like "love at first sight" is actually not because of a lack of romanticism (I was a bit ironic in that part) but because I think it's lazy writing. Instead of building up a relationship that would explain why A falls in love with B, they just go with "he loved him at first sight". So I guess it's not because they share a deep connexion in that case but because he's physically attracted to him and kinda decided he would have a crush on him (in love with love as some people would say).

Anyway, take it or leave it. If I don't like next episode, I'll stop watching :)

Archived