[Thai Drama 2018] Love by Chance Series Season 1 บังเอิญรัก

Terresa Gate

11 minutes ago, compass96 said:

Hah i finally caught up. Started reading this thread from the beginning at 10.30 and now it's 3.23 am. So totally worth it though. I've seen the moisturiser, the butter and that 10 hour guy. I can now participate hurrah.

Btw this episode was fire but God i was so bored with Tum/Tar. I was so tempted to skip when they came on but held myself back. I didn't know they were stepbrothers until i read this thread as the series never explicitly states that they are although i guessed it was sthg like that. Still the ambiguity made it worse and made me feel icky. Also i didn't like tum's reaction when tar returned for an outing it felt too controlling.

I have a tiny wish i want a gl side couple. I know it's not going to happen but i can see champoo and Bow happening. Or maybe not. I'll be waiting for next friday with happy heart.

If you need therapy after the 10 hour guy, let me know. I have a good one on hand. ;)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I think the subs are in Mandarin, but it think they're speaking Vietnamese. If it's the same program i'm thinking about. There's so many with the same title out there at the minute. :D

Spoiler

It's about this poor family and his grandfather helped some rich man in the past so when he died, his son came to seek out Ha Sinh's grandfather and they sent him off to be successful in the city. Thought HS mom actually didn't like her own son. I am waiting for HS and VT to figure out how they feel about each other. I can only find 23 episodes so far.

I looked up Because of Meeting You and I found every other show but this one. I like the actors though. They are very comfortable with each other like MA and they could easily pass as a rl couple. I like their videos but I can't grasp jack sh it.

53 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I think the subs are in Mandarin, but it think they're speaking Vietnamese. If it's the same program i'm thinking about. There's so many with the same title out there at the minute. :D

Yeah you're right it was subbed...It's a remake of a KD right ?  I'll be honest, I'm shallow...I don't do modern drama much unless the ML is hot AF and I have seen them in a historical fantasy drama...( Mark Chou, William Chan, Ethan Ryan. Yang Yang), to name a few. Then I will venture into the real world ...other than that. Xian Xie is my calling.:lol:

Best way to start my day. I watched subversion still being in my bed with my cat by my side.

Situation with Chompoo and english-studing solved out pretty easy. All Pete had to do is just ask.

It's so funny how Tin is annoyed by Can. All this territory marking...:D And i like Techno's words about hating too much.

I was glad to know more about 4T-situation (4T=Tam/Tar/Tharm/Type). Now i wait for Tar telling Tum about what happed to him. That will be big shock for Tum.

1 hour ago, Park Baekhyun said:

Ae seriously needs to stop sweet-talking, it's not good for my heart, they might turn into cotton candy from how soft they were from his words :rolleyes:

My heart is melting every time when Ae calls Pete Ai Koon Chai.:wub:

14 minutes ago, mellialuna said:

Ae always told him to ask whenever he wants something! :)

Yes, and Pond was talking about the same. I guess Pete is still learning to be more confident with Ae. And i glad he didn't stay silent about Chompoo. For some people it's really not easy to speak up straightforwardly. (I can relate with Pete on that.))

Finally ENG SUB!  LONG POST AHEAD

I am seriously loving the way the director is taking this series. For the FIRST TIME I am finally interested in the other couples and their development and it sucks that it took seven episodes for me to get invested, which is actually a good thing, since usually it is the side couples I get invested in first and not the main ones in BLs. (Gaah forgive this long as& run-on sentence)...

CAN used to be annoyingly cute, but now there is such much more depth to him. Even being so simpleminded; the goodness and innocence comes through so well. I had mentioned on another site how the actor playing him was overacting making the character too silly for my taste, but now I am so happy he has found the footing he needed to portrayed this character's many layers. 

TIN: He is what I would call a believable villain. Often villains are portrayed as just these BAD people sometimes overly dramatic and far-fetched, however, villains are people and people are not just good or bad, but all shades in between. He is what I pictured someone turning bad would be. Someone who is so hurt by something or someone in their past that they build a wall around themselves/heart and push everyone else away. This is to protect themselves from being hurt once again. Only a few people who get the honored of being in their sphere are protected fiercely by them, so it's understandable that he would want to keep PETE all to himself. It's not a romantic type of protection, it's a "he's my only friend, he's my only thread to humanity" and "with him in my life I'm not lonely" so Pete is a security blanket for Tin. However, in his need to keep Pete to himself, he is actually pushing him away, because Pete will chose Ae over Tin. With Can in the picture, Tin's walls will start to fall but he will probably do something foolish to Can and it will hurt him (TIN) the most instead. 

Tum/Tar: MY GOD, they always seemed to have been so out of place in this drama (they could have their own tbh) but with Type in the picture and how he fits with all of them, I finally understand their purpose. I am really looking forward to the way they handle the Rape stuff (hopefully they will touch on it more than just in passing) because this happens a lot more than people think, specially to young gay men (statistically speaking the rate of rape among women and men is a lot closer than people think, men just don't report it as much due to the stigma) I wanted to hold Tar and hug him-I felt for him when he talked with Type about his phobia. It's so important for people to be able to have "skinship" we are social creatures and being able to hold someone's hand, being hugged by someone we trust, is so critical to our overall mental health. Even just putting our heads on someone's shoulder could be comforting, so Tar being unable to even be approached by someone without triggering his trauma, it's so heart breaking to me. 

Pond: Forever the best CUPID in the history of BL. He is the MAN! 

Techno and Can: I always pictured Techno as Can's mother with all of the nagging he has done since episode one and this episode just solidified his role LOL (not in an insulting way, I know he isn't a woman nor a mom) but he just reminds me of how I behave with my kids (niece and nephew I currently have custody of) it's really a great relationship and it helps with the silly mood. 

Last but definitely not least

AE/PETE: We have all said what we had to say about these two in this episode. The actors did a great job portraying their roles, but i have to say that Perth is really emerging as the best actor in this series together with the young man playing Tin. Perth's range in acting was on display in this episode. He went through every emotion I could think of, rage, insecurity, fluster, shy, excited, desperate, happy, nervous, horny, angry, jealousy...gosh you name it, I think he went through it. And that last part of the episode was so heartbreaking in the way Tin belittled Ae due to his status as a poor person. Tin insulted Ae's worth as well as his ability to provide for Pete all in ten seconds and it really got to Ae that he needed to bolt out of there and hide in his dorm. I know the feeling of feeling as less than or inadequate, so kudos to Perth for bringing those emotions out! 

Okay back to cleaning the house now! 

11 hours ago, 1sitsafetocomeout said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It's about this poor family and his grandfather helped some rich man in the past so when he died, his son came to seek out Ha Sinh's grandfather and they sent him off to be successful in the city. Thought HS mom actually didn't like her own son. I am waiting for HS and VT to figure out how they feel about each other. I can only find 23 episodes so far.

I looked up Because of Meeting You and I found every other show but this one. I like the actors though. They are very comfortable with each other like MA and they could easily pass as a rl couple. I like their videos but I can't grasp jack sh it.

They are Vietnamese, dear.

Director of Because of meeting you - Nguyen Bao Hoang has collaborated with a number of publishing houses, media companies and independent filmmakers in China and Vietnam with the expectation of co-publishing, step by step introducing their products/ films to China. So the subs are in Mandarin.

1 hour ago, Harunacamelia said:

Finally ENG SUB!  LONG POST AHEAD

I am seriously loving the way the director is taking this series. For the FIRST TIME I am finally interested in the other couples and their development and it sucks that it took seven episodes for me to get invested, which is actually a good thing, since usually it is the side couples I get invested in first and not the main ones in BLs. (Gaah forgive this long as& run-on sentence)...

CAN used to be annoyingly cute, but now there is such much more depth to him. Even being so simpleminded; the goodness and innocence comes through so well. I had mentioned on another site how the actor playing him was overacting making the character too silly for my taste, but now I am so happy he has found the footing he needed to portrayed this character's many layers. 

TIN: He is what I would call a believable villain. Often villains are portrayed as just these BAD people sometimes overly dramatic and far-fetched, however, villains are people and people are not just good or bad, but all shades in between. He is what I pictured someone turning bad would be. Someone who is so hurt by something or someone in their past that they build a wall around themselves/heart and push everyone else away. This is to protect themselves from being hurt once again. Only a few people who get the honored of being in their sphere are protected fiercely by them, so it's understandable that he would want to keep PETE all to himself. It's not a romantic type of protection, it's a "he's my only friend, he's my only thread to humanity" and "with him in my life I'm not lonely" so Pete is a security blanket for Tin. However, in his need to keep Pete to himself, he is actually pushing him away, because Pete will chose Ae over Tin. With Can in the picture, Tin's walls will start to fall but he will probably do something foolish to Can and it will hurt him (TIN) the most instead. 

Tum/Tar: MY GOD, they always seemed to have been so out of place in this drama (they could have their own tbh) but with Type in the picture and how he fits with all of them, I finally understand their purpose. I am really looking forward to the way they handle the Rape stuff (hopefully they will touch on it more than just in passing) because this happens a lot more than people think, specially to young gay men (statistically speaking the rate of rape among women and men is a lot closer than people think, men just don't report it as much due to the stigma) I wanted to hold Tar and hug him-I felt for him when he talked with Type about his phobia. It's so important for people to be able to have "skinship" we are social creatures and being able to hold someone's hand, being hugged by someone we trust, is so critical to our overall mental health. Even just putting our heads on someone's shoulder could be comforting, so Tar being unable to even be approached by someone without triggering his trauma, it's so heart breaking to me. 

Pond: Forever the best CUPID in the history of BL. He is the MAN! 

Techno and Can: I always pictured Techno as Can's mother with all of the nagging he has done since episode one and this episode just solidified his role LOL (not in an insulting way, I know he isn't a woman nor a mom) but he just reminds me of how I behave with my kids (niece and nephew I currently have custody of) it's really a great relationship and it helps with the silly mood. 

Last but definitely not least

AE/PETE: We have all said what we had to say about these two in this episode. The actors did a great job portraying their roles, but i have to say that Perth is really emerging as the best actor in this series together with the young man playing Tin. Perth's range in acting was on display in this episode. He went through every emotion I could think of, rage, insecurity, fluster, shy, excited, desperate, happy, nervous, horny, angry, jealousy...gosh you name it, I think he went through it. And that last part of the episode was so heartbreaking in the way Tin belittled Ae due to his status as a poor person. Tin insulted Ae's worth as well as his ability to provide for Pete all in ten seconds and it really got to Ae that he needed to bolt out of there and hide in his dorm. I know the feeling of feeling as less than or inadequate, so kudos to Perth for bringing those emotions out! 

Okay back to cleaning the house now! 

Urghh I've always love your analysis. I agree so much about Tin, poor baby has been hurt so much that he turned that way. Can't wait for his character development. 

And yes, Ae must have been really hurt by what Tin said about him being not worthy for Pete and not being able to provide Pete for whatever he needs. I'm interested to see how Pete comforts Ae this time, since Ae has been bothered by this since the last episode. 

@Harunacamelia you have said so many of the things I want to say but I'll still touch on them in my own way.

Things that stood out to me in this episode:

-Type was soo central today. I truly think that it is because Type and Tharn went through so much as a couple that Type is able to see and speak to everyone in a way that makes things so much clearer. He saw the way Ae and Pete were heading and he decided to give him a heads up in his own way just in case these two don't realize the road they are heading down. Then he told mother No to check on his son (Because I wholeheartedly agree and had the exact same thought), then he went to council Tarr. This guy has a lot of work to do. Which brings me to a side note: "Moaning pleasurably every night instead"... DEAD!

-I love the relationship between these friends called Type and Techno. I honestly don't think they have given up on Tum. They are simply waiting for him to get over his anger and come back into the fold lol.

-Can and Tin are heading the way of Type and Tharn. That's all for now because I covered everything in my post based on the Raw version. I just have one question thought. Who the hell is Tin's dad? Did I miss that somewhere? Well I can just watch all the episodes again :D

-Am I a freak because I don't see step siblings as related? Like I get half-siblings but a marriage does not make you blood. I feel like I might just be looking at this wrong or something but being step-brothers doesn't mean you can't fall in love with each other to me. On another note, I now understand Tar's reaction and the emphasis on Tum holding his hand. After that experience, it's great to have someone you can feel safe with and in his own way, Type is trying to help them figure things out. Type the therapist.

-May we all bless Pond so that he and ChaAim may have a long and beautiful relationship... I love this guy. Like Type he was all over this episode but he was just so bad in such a good way. The text message, the comments that revealed the new status. The frankness about his feelings for ChaAim. Here is another straightforward guy but he has so many more layers than even Ae. It's what makes him so endearing. 

-Which brings me to AEPETE! Oh my goodness. Jealous Pete is King... Queen... Take your pick. With just a cute face and a stutter, he had Ae under his thumb and sank those English lessons like a pro. I actually liked that Ae went to Chompoo not because he couldn't resist Pete, but because he don't want to overwhelm him. It led to that perfect moment. Though now, after the locker room, I'm not sure how Ae will be able to focus. :phew:

I also liked that Ae didn't just show up out of nowhere to save the day. You know how sometimes the Seme just shows up and you wonder where the hell he came from but the resulting hot scene after just makes you overlook that huge plot hole? All three were converging on that spot at that time and we knew it so Ae storming in wasn't that hard to see coming.

I'll skip Tin here again too because I already talked about that. I love the moment during that long kiss where it went from desperate and hasty, to bright lighting, to sweet and hot.It took me not being all excited at the moment to notice that shift but when I did, it just melted me. Then Pete was giving Ae that come hither look and It all went uphill from there.

Ae asking Pete like 10 times just so he could be sure was also sweet. He wanted that status so bad that he couldn't believe it when he did get it. 

Things that wrenched me this episode:

-Ae asks Pete to lean on him but he has to lean on Pete too and I think that's where there will always be an issue. Pete naturally has more while Ae has to work for it. Even if Pete has to support them financially, doesn't mean Ae can't offer support in other ways. Ae wouldn't see it that way though because he is conventional and single minded in what he feels is right or the right way. It will be up to Pete to help Ae come around with some manipulation and I really do mean that. Pete has the layers and 'over thinking' personality needed to maneuver Ae and I just wish they were a real people I could watch like a fly on the wall lmfao...

I also want to comment on that ending scene too because that was one hell of a psychological punch. Tin really understands guys like Ae and he knows how to hit where it hurts. But unlike Ae, Can is even more innocent and too sweet and loyal to manipulate like that. I do feel that crying scene was because he tried to teach Can this 'lesson' he's been planning and it backfired so bad that it wrecked him instead. I feel like Can destroyed his walls without him even knowing so when the blowback happened, he didn't realize how truly defenceless he was. But hell, I could be so wrong there too and his brother made him cry. We will just have to see.

Either way I am looking forward to the evolution of Tin.

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!! I was incoherent this morning when i watched the first time, made strange noises as I watched the second time and by the fourth time I was squealing and throwing my arms up in the air like my team just scored a goal in the world cup!!! That was not what I was expecting and way better than I was expecting.

Phew. Ok now that that is out of the way, on to what I liked:

- i loved that Pete stepped up and owned his desire to keep his loved one to himself which I think everyone feels they need to at the beginning of any relationship. He admitted to his jealousy which we know he has been feeling but which he does not express as well as Ae expresses his. They are equal in wanting each other and no third parties are allowed. Loved it.

- the. kabedon! the. tension! the KISS!!!! Omo, i thought i was going to explode!!! Hubba, hubba! Perth is 16????? All i have to say is well done Perth, well done Saint and WELL DONE, @aloneneww.

- I loved that Ae wasn't just being a jealous idiot all by himself but actually said what he felt and made sure they cleared the air between. I loved that there is no secret now in terms of what Tin is doing for Pete and that Ae and Pete are in it together.

- what else? oh yeah I love Pond! nothing like a great friend who is not judging and is totally on board for your ship. And! will help you get some nooky-nooky, if you are too shy to get it yourself lol

- I also loved that Pond addressed the slapping on the head thing... it was beginning to make Ae look like a brute which I got the feeling from his friends, was not how he was like normally. Mostly because he seemed to be doing it a lot in anger with Pond. I do get that he was experiencing a surge in emotion and sexual energy that he had never felt before but it was still good that someone on the show mentioned it....this might make me seem too soft but I just do not like unnecessary violence.

Ok, am off to watch again for like the millionth time. Have a great Sunday everyone.

Archived