[Thai Drama 2018] Love by Chance Series Season 1 บังเอิญรัก

Terresa Gate

MOTHERRRR FUUU*888888....(spoiler if you haven't seen the episode)

I love love loveddddd that touch of his finger to Pete's lips...my stomach was a mess! Uggg...this is what i mean by small touches being more intimate to me. I love when people or rather when someone gently touches a person's erogenous zones it sends me in a tingly mess! 

Sorry still watching episode...brb 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, baw74 said:

It's Friday - it'll be a beverage for me... think it'll be some champagne. :phew:

Well have one on me! 

Kim and I have a birthday party tonight and the guest of honor tends to go a little over the line with the soju. So, i've been appointed his "Black Knight" for the evening. It's a tradition here in South Korea, that if someone can't drink any more then his "Black Knight" takes over and finishes the drinks that people have given him. I don't drink but i'll take over when i think he's had more than enough. 

2 hours ago, checkmatey said:

I love QAF. Watched it so so so many times. Ending hurts every time. I'm surprised more BL fans don't know of it or watch it, but I guess it's a lot different.

Spoiler

I saw Queer as Folk when it was on the air.  I actually liked the very end.  Was pretty pleased that they went the realistic route, for Justin's sake especially.  I want him to have the amazing art career he deserves!  You never know what could happen in the future.  Maybe in a few years Brian will open an office in New York specifically to be closer to Justin, and they can live a more realistic happily ever after.  But I felt pretty weirded out by the part leading up to that, when it all felt too much like a fantasy and Brian doing a complete 180 just because he was able to verbalize the love he had already admitted to to Michael and Debbie (not in so many words, of course) as far back as maybe season 2.  And Justin was too young to get married and move out to the country, however much he was drawn to Michael and Ben's nesting. 

I put "BL" and "gay themed" in two completely different categories in my head.  One is realistic, and geared more toward gay people or straight allies who want to see realism.  The other was created for straight girls, who enjoy watching love stories in which both parties are sexually attractive to them, but gay men can get in on the fun, too, if willing to overlook the more ridiculous aspects.  If they would just tone down on any and all force/rape, I think BL can be a mostly positive influence.  Sure, it has bred weird fans who ship straight men together and understand very little about the real obstacles gay men face, but it does normalize love between gay men.  And often in a way that isn't done as often in gay media. . . emphasizing love more than sex, which is a thing that people really need to see.  Better to have girls on the street saying, "aww, so cute" than "eww, gross" when they see a real gay couple.  It's a first step.  But I'm not surprised that Asian BL and Asian/Western gay-themed content have very different demographics that don't completely overlap.

14 minutes ago, evanevan said:

love how the sweet music just abruptly stops when Tin enters. So evil!

When it comes to the 4 couples, I noticed there are a lot of dramatic changes (either music or cinematography)...The Tum/Tar couple seem like they belong in a movie with the way they are filmed and the tone of film they use like a sepia tone (they seem so out of place with the others) with Tin/Can obviously is more "fiery, a bit dark in tone and camera work really in your face" . With Ae/Pete we also get lots of close ups, but they are mostly angled and filmed in a softer shade/tone letting lots of lighting shine through to give it an innocent/fresh view. 

we don't have much with Techno and Kengkla, but they are going to probably be a more mature/dark filming or the total opposite since Kengkla is playing a high schooler. We just have to wait and see. Music wise, it's going to be mischievous, playful and silly. 

8 minutes ago, mads102030 said:
  Hide contents

I saw Queer as Folk when it was on the air.  I actually liked the very end.  Was pretty pleased that they went the realistic route, for Justin's sake especially.  I want him to have the amazing art career he deserves!  You never know what could happen in the future.  Maybe in a few years Brian will open an office in New York specifically to be closer to Justin, and they can live a more realistic happily ever after.  But I felt pretty weirded out by the part leading up to that, when it all felt too much like a fantasy and Brian doing a complete 180 just because he was able to verbalize the love he had already admitted to to Michael and Debbie (not in so many words, of course) as far back as maybe season 2.  And Justin was too young to get married and move out to the country, however much he was drawn to Michael and Ben's nesting. 

I put "BL" and "gay themed" in two completely different categories in my head.  One is realistic, and geared more toward gay people or straight allies who want to see realism.  The other was created for straight girls, who enjoy watching love stories in which both parties are sexually attractive to them, but gay men can get in on the fun, too, if willing to overlook the more ridiculous aspects.  If they would just tone down on any and all force/rape, I think BL can be a mostly positive influence.  Sure, it has bred weird fans who ship straight men together and understand very little about the real obstacles gay men face, but it does normalize love between gay men.  And often in a way that isn't done as often in gay media. . . emphasizing love more than sex, which is a thing that people really need to see.  Better to have girls on the street saying, "aww, so cute" than "eww, gross" when they see a real gay couple.  It's a first step.  But I'm not surprised that Asian BL and Asian/Western gay-themed content have very different demographics that don't completely overlap.

Totally agree with both points. It was a realistic ending, but my hopeless romantic heart was sad. And yeah, I watched it live on LOGO right after it finished airing on HBO then found the unedited versions online. My mom didn't watch me enough lol

I can see how they don't overlap much. I happen to fall into the "straight ally" category, but I also like the Asian BL too. I support both, but yeah, they need to tone down the whole rape thing. >_> Though QAF could have toned down the drugs.

I've just finished watching the episode and loved it just as much as last week.  Now i can't wait to see next weeks episode but i'll have to rein in my enthusiasm for the next 7 days. 

I don't advocate anyone hitting another person but Can is definitely the one to get Tinn off that pedestal he's sitting on.

I also don't have anything much to say about what's her name yet. Just that for me at the minute she's like an itch i can't scratch. Irritating!

This is completely off topic but i love the words and the song and i've been listening to it for the past hour. :D

Spoiler

3 hours ago, deltos said:

The F-ing GAY for YOU...I had hope ( lost again)...that Ae wouldn't use it even if that were the case...

In my head i have excuse for Ae saying this. Like he doesn't care at all about gay/straight-thing, just consider himself straight because most people are. Even if he never liked girl before. I want to say what maybe Ae just don't think much about such subject like his own orientation. All his concerns are about Pete only. Especially when Pete is so upset about possibility for Ae being called "rude-word-for-gay".

But i agree it would be better if words about liking girls were just put away.

1 hour ago, mads102030 said:

but it does normalize love between gay men

Good point. Because when girls are starting to take interest in BL/yaoi/slash-fanfiction/gay-theme/etc., they usually became quite supportive about LGBT. (If they weren't already before or just didn't think about.)

1 hour ago, deltos said:

You might depending on the kind of " toast " you're having. 

Ok if you or anyone else  hasn't watch E6...don't look inside the spoiler...

Hide contents

Ok ...so I'm pissed...the TROPE ... The F-ing GAY for YOU...I had hope ( lost again)...that Ae wouldn't use it even if that were the case...:angry:.  The scene was well acted overall then he said that !!!...does it always have to be this way ?  <steps down from soap box>

Spoiler

I'm so annoyed!  The scene was going so well, really pulling on my heartstrings, and BAM.  It's so dumb.  I had a bit of trouble enjoying the rest of the scene.  (I'm sure I'll get over it and enjoy later. . . I mean, this is Thai BL, what was I thinking getting my hopes up that we could avoid the trope for once?  Oh, I know, because Pete's gay, and neither of them have ever had a girlfriend.  THAT'S why I got my hopes up.)  "Gay for you" always drives me nuts, but sometimes I just tell myself, "these silly boys (i.e. Phun/Noh) have just never learned the word bisexual, ah well".  Ae doesn't even come across as possibly bisexual, much less "straight but maybe like a 1 on the Kinsey scale and just Pete is SOOOO special" or whatever it is they want us to think.  Ae has said MULTIPLE TIMES that he has never felt this way about anyone before.  He has never liked a girl!  He has never kissed a girl! The thing that led him to realize that he was thinking of Pete as more than a friend was an ERECTION.  The first he's had that was motivated by another human being, if his reaction is any indication.  Really, Ae comes off as gay all the way.  He has been groping (haha, mostly cheek groping) Pete practically since they met, before he even knew his personality that well.  Argghh.  He's "gay for Pete, specifically Pete's body and face at first, but also his personality later on, but only Pete".

Without subs, I could tell in that scene that Pete was explaining why he didn't want Ae to be gay, due to the associated hardships. When Ae looked like he finally understood and hugged him and all, and especially when Pete hugged back, I was really hoping Ae had said something like, "Pete, I don't like Chompoo, and I like you, a guy.  No amount of you pushing me away is going to change who I like, or stop people from talking if they don't approve."  That's it, I didn't need a "I'm gay too"-type statement, at least at this juncture.  Actually, I was REALLY hoping he said, "Pete, I've never liked anyone before, then you, a guy, came along, and I like you.  Pretty sure you and I are in the same boat.  If you've never been able to like girls, why should you assume I'm any different?" 

But he really went out of his way to emphasize the "gay for you" thing.  Anyway, as I always do in these cases, I'm going to go ahead and label Ae, in my head, as either gay but still questioning, bisexual, or pansexual, and move on.  Even if he AND the show never figure it out, I have now officially dubbed him, "Not just gay for Pete, because that's dumb". 

Haha, I went off.  I was a bit mad.  Woo, but I've calmed down now.  Hopefully they never introduce that same idea into the dialogue again, and we can all move on as if we didn't hear it.  I'm going to hold on to my dream that he'll actually come around and say something else later on, but I'm certainly not holding my breath.  And prepare yourselves.  Can did mention that he thought a girl was cute in an earlier episode. 

2 hours ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:
  Hide contents

What can i say! I was hoping it wouldn't happen, but in the back of my mind i knew it might, so i'm not surprised.  As long as we get a happy ending then i'll still be more that satisfied with the series. :D

Good attitude!  Soaking up some of your positive energy now!

54 minutes ago, checkmatey said:

Totally agree with both points. It was a realistic ending, but my hopeless romantic heart was sad. And yeah, I watched it live on LOGO right after it finished airing on HBO then found the unedited versions online. My mom didn't watch me enough lol

I can see how they don't overlap much. I happen to fall into the "straight ally" category, but I also like the Asian BL too. I support both, but yeah, they need to tone down the whole rape thing. >_> Though QAF could have toned down the drugs.

Haha, my mom bought me the DVD box sets after I gushed about how much I liked the show.  I was in university at the time.  Something tells me I'm older than you.  Haha.

Spoiler

I agree that drugs aren't a great message, but the difference is, good people do sometimes do drugs.  Good people don't rape people.  I felt like Queer as Folk glorified and vilified drugs in turn, but actually came down more on the side of "drugs are bad" much more often.  They certainly caused much more trouble than they were worth for Ted and Blake.  Ted lost EVERYTHING.  And Ben's abuse of steroids also caused major problems with Michael.  If Debbie and Brian want to share the occasional doobie, and gang wants to spike the punch with mdma once every decade, more power to them, I say. 

37 minutes ago, aniola said:

In my head i have excuse for Ae saying this. Like he doesn't care at all about gay/straight-thing, just consider himself straight because most people are. Even if he never liked girl before. I want to say what maybe Ae just don't think much about such subject like his own orientation. All his concerns are about Pete only. Especially when Pete is so upset about possibility for Ae being called richard simmons.

But i agree it would be better if words about liking girls were just put away.

Good point. Because when girls are starting to take interest in BL/yaoi/slash-fanfiction/gay-theme/etc., they usually became quite supportive about LGBT. (If they weren't already before or just didn't think about.)

Good excuse!  I agree that Ae doesn't seem to have ever given the topic much thought, one way or the other. 

Haha, sometimes that swearing filter is pretty funny, "Pete is so upset about possibility for Ae being called richard simmons".

Does anyone have a list of words that are banned, or point me to somewhere that does?  Because I have discovered that I can say damn damn damn all day, but f u c k (and apparently, according to the above f a g) are both off limits.  What other words will cause me problems?  This is important, I have a potty mouth and no interest in richard simmons.  :D

15 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I have to admit that my first reaction in my head was   씨발  . But then i thought better of it. :D

Hold on, off to translate. . .

Yep, that's just what I though!  :lol:  And the forum doesn't block it, if it's not in English.  Maybe going to be my go-to Soompi curse word. . .

24 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I have to admit that my first reaction in my head was   씨발  . But then i thought better of it. :D

Oh I know that word.......BUTTER !!!     No, it's  The F word...singular, not plural, used as verb.

20 minutes ago, baw74 said:

Reveal hidden contents

VzxXzT5.png

My virgin eyes!  :o

:lol::lol::lol:

There goes those eyes again...looking like a chrysanthemum.

10 minutes ago, mads102030 said:

Haha, sometimes that swearing filter is pretty funny, "Pete is so upset about possibility for Ae being called richard simmons".

:joy:I can't stop laughing now.

Actually i already fixed it with

52 minutes ago, aniola said:

Ae being called "rude-word-for-gay". 

:glasses:

But i guess i always can follow Kim Soo-Lee example and type bad words in russian.:ph34r::D

5 minutes ago, mads102030 said:

Hold on, off to translate. . .

Yep, that's just what I though!  :lol:  And the forum doesn't block it, if it's not in English.  Maybe going to be my go-to Soompi curse word. . .

hahahahaha!  I don't usually use swear words and i did go and bow to Buddha a few times afterword to cleanse my mind.  :D

2 minutes ago, aniola said:

:joy:I can't stop laughing now.

Actually i already fixed it with

:glasses:

But i guess i always can follow Kim Soo-Lee example and type bad words in russian.:ph34r::D

We've started a trend here. Everyone will have to keep the translator handy. :D

Archived