Quantcast
Jump to content
Terresa Gate

[Thai Drama 2018] Love by Chance Series บังเอิญรัก (Season 1)

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, zeroro said:

I wish this series' popularity picks up.. I really like it. 

You should check out facebook and Twitter...it's pretty hot right now...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just my opinion but I think Pete is definitely feminine and fragile. Being rich doesn't make you feminine because Tin is also a rich boy and he's not fragile like Pete at all. It's not a bad thing and I think it makes him contrast nicely with Ae.

 

I like that Ae is so direct and masculine while still being a very kind person. Because you'd think someone fragile like Pete would want someone who is also polite but Ae is his exact opposite, and exactly what he needs. That's why I liked this scene, Ae takes care of him but he doesn't coddle him at all.

 

bDmzu2D.jpg

 

lrTQdMK.jpg

 

3Pnmlra.jpg

 

FUrskFg.jpg

 

9tvFz6B.jpg

 

Also Ae was pretty clear about Gay-ness not being contagious so I wonder how they'll handle his sexuality. I hope he's explicitly gay or bisexual and not just 'Gay for Pete'.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, winetart said:

Just my opinion but I think Pete is definitely feminine and fragile. Being rich doesn't make you feminine because Tin is also a rich boy and he's not fragile like Pete at all. It's not a bad thing and I think it makes him contrast nicely with Ae.

 

I like that Ae is so direct and masculine while still being a very kind person. Because you'd think someone fragile like Pete would want someone who is also polite but Ae is his exact opposite, and exactly what he needs.

 

Someone effeminate present moral and physique character that are traditionally attribute to women. I don't see that for/into Pete. I didn't see Pete as fragile, but more inexperimented with common life. Pete fragile? So able to drive a big coupé Mercedes, there is something that don't cement! Have you ever been into rush hour in BKK? I can told you this is not the place for fragile people!

A refined person will never ask to someone to be refined, this is how to be refined! The bus scene show it too. Pete: "Not that bad, i'm okay!"

 

3 hours ago, winetart said:

That's why I liked this scene, Ae takes care of him but he doesn't coddle him at all.

 

Hummm IMO we are at the limit between the two.

 

BTW, that's good to read other opinion, thanks for doing it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, winetart said:

Also Ae was pretty clear about Gay-ness not being contagious so I wonder how they'll handle his sexuality. I hope he's explicitly gay or bisexual and not just 'Gay for Pete'.

Unfortunately, that's one of the tropes for BL. Str8 guy falling for a gay guy. So...unless Ae explicated says he's Bi or Gay....he's going Gay for Pete. That has been the norm for BL. There are very few where this isn't the case.:)

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deltos said:

Unfortunately, that's one of the tropes for BL. Str8 guy falling for a gay guy. So...unless Ae explicated says he's Bi or Gay....he's going Gay for Pete. That has been the norm for BL. There are very few where this isn't the case.:)

Eh... I'll say Ae's a demisexual. He doesn't show much sexual interest at all (as shown by his total lack of interest in porn). It's only after he becomes close with Pete that he starts to ask his roommate about 'doing it'.

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, evanevan said:

Eh... I'll say Ae's a demisexual. He doesn't show much sexual interest at all (as shown by his total lack of interest in porn). It's only after he becomes close with Pete that he starts to ask his roommate about 'doing it'.

Perhaps,  having read the novel it didn't come across as exploration in gender identity.  It's a BL novel they aren't that deep. Guy meets guy, they fall in love, overcome some obstacles, (not necessarily in that order) and there is a BE or an HE. The roommate reminds me of a character from American Pie. I've know gay and str8 guys  who aren't interested in porn..it's not a big deal in my opinion and clearly not enough to say who Ae is. JMHO. I will say it's one of the better executed BL dramas, the characters and the complexity are there -  It has a very LS feel which I enjoy. I'm looking forward to this journey. Thanks for you thoughts on that.:)

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, evanevan said:

Eh... I'll say Ae's a demisexual.

 

Demisexual what? Monk have genitals but no sexual activities (officially), is that the definition of demisexual?

 

4 hours ago, deltos said:

He doesn't show much sexual interest at all (as shown by his total lack of interest in porn).

 

Appetite comes with eating (french proverb), so the more you have, the more you want! :joy:

  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, gogole mongol said:

 

Demisexual what? Monk have genitals but no sexual activities (officially), is that the definition of demisexual?

1

 

Demisexual means not having any sexual interest in anyone until you've formed a romantic relationship. So what I was saying is that Ae probably isn't looking for sex at all until he becomes close with Pete.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gogole mongol said:

Appetite comes with eating (french proverb), so the more you have, the more you want! :joy:

And now I know why we have appetizers...:P

 

1 hour ago, evanevan said:

Demisexual means not having any sexual interest in anyone until you've formed a romantic relationship. So what I was saying is that Ae probably isn't looking for sex at all until he becomes close with Pete.

I think it's a relationship in general. The sex is secondary (well not always). I think as the relationship grows so does the natural curiosity. Let's see where Episode 2 leads us.. there's a lot of ground to cover.;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just realized that Pete will be Ae's first kiss (it's right there in the trailer but I just missed it all this time somehow). So Ae's a total virgin. XD

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, evanevan said:

Demisexual means not having any sexual interest in anyone until you've formed a romantic relationship. So what I was saying is that Ae probably isn't looking for sex at all until he becomes close with Pete.

 

OK! This is the word demisexual who taken aback by surprise, cause it is the first time i saw it written (in english) somewhere! So my previous comment suit so well with your esplanation! Happy Ae!!!^_^

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deltos said:

And now I know why we have appetizers...:P

 

French gastronomy talk of "plaisir de la chair" (pleasure of the flesh), but it also be considered as a joke because the word "chair" can name "meat" and "sex"!!! Ae is now into appetizer phase for the coming eps. I test, i appreciate, and i need more! Or how to quickly become greedy! No problem for Pete, he's already swimming into jar of jam :joy:

  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, evanevan said:

I just realized that Pete will be Ae's first kiss (it's right there in the trailer but I just missed it all this time somehow). So Ae's a total virgin. XD

:lol::lol: yeah...Pete can't ride a bicycle or take a tram...but he's got other skills....:D

 

 

9 minutes ago, gogole mongol said:

 

French gastronomy talk of "plaisir de la chair" (pleasure of the flesh), but it also be considered as a joke because the word "chair" can name "meat" and "sex"!!! Ae is now into appetizer phase for the coming eps. I test, i appreciate, and i need more! Or how to quickly become greedy! No problem for Pete, he's already swimming into jar of jam :joy:

Loving this !  I must remember that phrase...<sigh> English is so flat sometimes...not very nuanced.. we lack  je ne sais quoi  in the language of love !  

 

So Shaoye  will have to school his Nong...yep I just merged to cultures in one sentence....LOL

  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, gogole mongol said:

OK! This is the word demisexual who taken aback by surprise, cause it is the first time i saw it written (in english) somewhere! So my previous comment suit so well with your esplanation! Happy Ae!!!^_^

 

I must add one point. There is a risk, if you translate demisexual to french to use two words: "asexuel" and "asexué" which both have very different signification.

Asexué= a person whitout genital (which is a non-sense, cause it is necessary to have "tools" (male and female) for reproduction)

Asexuel= people not interested/attracted by sexual physic act of any kind!

So if you translate litterally "demisexual" into french, it can turn into "half genital owner", i can imagine what it must be for male, no yet what it will be for woman!

  • Confused 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2018 at 11:05 PM, deltos said:

it's about time the tables were turned... LOL

 yeah, only 1 BG couple with 5 BL couples... BL couples are all main roles... BG couple minor side role... but i kinda like pond and his future GF kinda funny interaction in episode 1... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Beam_Tee said:

 yeah, only 1 BG couple with 5 BL couples... BL couples are all main roles... BG couple minor side role... but i kinda like pond and his future GF kinda funny interaction in episode 1... 

Agreed, I think the actress was in Puppy Honey.  I'm ok with that BG. :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, deltos said:

Unfortunately, that's one of the tropes for BL. Str8 guy falling for a gay guy. So...unless Ae explicated says he's Bi or Gay....he's going Gay for Pete. That has been the norm for BL. There are very few where this isn't the case.

 

Totally agree. I think novel writers repeat this antienne from one BL to another one. When did true imagination will take the power? It is the same with the seme and the uke! It seems they only share gay sexualty in two part, and reduce it between the bottom and the top. I guess lot of BL novels are written by women, which haven't really "study" on this point. No alternative, you are this, you are that. Gay sexuality is adventure playground without limit into imagination. The only limit is when you disagree! I don't care for the novel (i already explain why i didn't read), but it's a little bit irritating to always share out role to only two "activities" into BL series. I'm affraid to again have to face with this fact with "Love by chance"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love By Chance The Series

TV Show 08/09/18

:love:

Eng Subs by Lazy Subber

(Please, do not re-upload this video; just share the link to it)

 

 

 

* * * Cheers * * *

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gogole mongol said:

Totally agree. I think novel writers repeat this antienne from one BL to another one. When did true imagination will take the power? It is the same with the seme and the uke! It seems they only share gay sexualty in two part, and reduce it between the bottom and the top.

The problem I have with uke and same is that for some reason a personality is attached.  The uke(bottom)  must be this frail effeminate flower boy, while the same (top ) is the oh so masculine manly type.  I'm sure there is the BL novel template which if you write this is what you follow and what is included. There have been exceptions however they have been met with this story is " too real." not enough fluff. Perhaps it's changing... 

 

3 hours ago, gogole mongol said:

I guess lot of BL novels are written by women, which haven't really "study" on this point. No alternative, you are this, you are that. Gay sexuality is adventure playground without limit into imagination. The only limit is when you disagree! I don't care for the novel (i already explain why i didn't read), but it's a little bit irritating to always share out role to only two "activities" into BL series. I'm affraid to again have to face with this fact with "Love by chance"

Actually the author of MT is a man. What it suffers from is pacing mostly...but yeah it's rare.  With LBC the author does comment on perceptions that fans have about the characters.  For Pete she said:
 

Quote

Many comments said Pete is too sweet,slow,and tense in front of Ae. But this is exactly Pete character. If you've read my novel, you'll understand. Saint can portray this role wonderfully. Wait until you see the development of each character

 

and about Ae she said:

Quote

Ae was a good man, but Ae in the novel was not this perfect, he wasn’t handsome, tall, nor rich. The only thing he has was the heart as wide as ocean. XD

 

So I guess who would know better than the author of who the character is supposed to be and how he supposed to be portrayed. I am remaining optimistic about LBC and the direction it takes and gee we've only had (1) episode... For once, the perceived " uke " is taller than the perceived  " seme "..we've already broken a mold. As mentioned earlier Pete takes Ae's first kiss. Pete  could break the mold again.  We may be surprised to discover more activities and storylines revealed. I also trust the director ( this isn't his first rodeo)... So I am hoping for the best from this series...I like the energy and the story telling style and so far the actors are doing a wonderful job.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...