[Thai Drama 2018] Love by Chance Series Season 1 บังเอิญรัก

Terresa Gate

7 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

Yes we know that Pete asked Tinn to investigate. What we were trying to work out earlier on here is where Tinn got his information on Trump. I think it was from a Private Investigator, but we're not sure. :D

Oh yeah, maybe a Private investigator. 

I still think it's interesting that Pete asked Tin to do some research about Trump. It suggested Pete is not done or passive about what Trump did to him. He isn't letting this go. It's an interesting side of Pete i think. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, another new member here.:rolleyes: I'm reading this (about thai bl) part of forum more than year, but finally decide to join.

Really hooked up with LBC now, and sometimes even get tired from it.:D But i was really waiting something like this so can't complain now. Meaning i enjoy every part of the show, every character and they relationship. Not only love stories, but friendship too. Pond is great friend. Yeh, he can joke, tease and laugh (and i think it's common then you're a good friends), but he always be there for Ae. Glad to see how he helps Pete with present. And it's nice to see how he and ChaAim gradually are starting to get along. (I liked Cherreen in "Puppy Honey" so glad to see her in LBC.) Also it always fun for me to see Techno and Can, two cute puppy woof-woof with each other. I kind of still puzzled with Kengkla/Techno because even it's fun to watch i feel sorry for Techno being fooled by these two scoolboys. But since Kengkla seems really inlove with him (and Mark is quite charming)) i won't think too much about. Pete and Tin friendship looks interesting to me. For now i guess Pete is the only person who can tolerate Tin's rudeness and see good in him. And Tin just see that Pete is really nice guy. That's why he want to warn him about this "greedy thai programm studens". May be if he knew early about Trump-problem he helped Pete with it too. So i look forward for Tin/Can storyline, the future scenes from the trailer and clips really catch me up.

About Chompoo... I kind of ok with her, she seems nice and harmlees to me. :) I see her how just young, naive, dreamy girl. Obviosly she was to straighforward with "be my boyfriend" but i still can't be mad at her. It feels like she build a castle in her mind and one thing what was missing is prince Charming. But i think i'll fillfull my opinion on her when i'll see her reaction when Ae reject her.

Oh, I can't believe i write all this since writing in english not my strongest side. :lol:

27 minutes ago, lelliae said:

I'll probably come back later to write some of my thoughts on ep.5 but for now... I totally agree with what you're pointing out in your post SaQaroz, especially with the fact that Ae saying he's not handsome is not credible at all! Come on!!

- Ok, people don't have the same tastes (fortunately),

- Ok, Ae isn't very tall (actually it really isn't shocking, he is even taller than Can...),

- Ok, he obviously lacks self confidence and is very modest,

- And maybe there are "physical criterias of beauty" in Asia that he doesn't met.

But, really... Who could dare to say he isn't handsome??? Perth/Ae obviously and objectively IS handsome, no matter how you look at him... I could have believe this in the mouth of some characters I've seen in other dramas or films I have watched (according to my tastes, of course. I have in mind Haruta from Ossan's love for example), but here no!

In the novel:

1) Ae is probably the least handsome character. Even Trump and Pond are (much) more handsome than Ae. But Ae is very manly. That's why Pete doesn't believe that Ae can be gay.

2) Ae is quite short compared to other characters. I think p'Money is supposed to be taller than Ae.

3) Pete is not supposed to be cute. Pete is supposed to be handsome, cool, sophisticated, high-class, but not cute. Pete is only cute in Ae's eyes. 

It's just that, in the series, Perth is both handsome and manly, and Saint is both handsome and cute.

15 minutes ago, henry249 said:

In the novel:

1) Ae is probably the least handsome character. Even Trump and Pond are (much) more handsome than Ae. But Ae is very manly. That's why Pete doesn't believe that Ae can be gay.

2) Ae is quite short compared to other characters. I think p'Money is supposed to be taller than Ae.

3) Pete is not supposed to be cute. Pete is supposed to be handsome, cool, sophisticated, high-class, but not cute. Pete is only cute in Ae's eyes. 

It's just that, in the series, Perth is both handsome and manly, and Saint is both handsome and cute.

I'm extremely happy they didn't stick to the novel. For me the characters on screen are just perfect.  :D

So precisely actors and characters as they are depicted in the show don't fit the novel in that aspect. As lelliae said, everyone has different taste but there are some beauty standards whatever we like it or not and by these standards, Perth (so Ae) is quite handsome. I think a lot of people would say he's more handsome than Trump and even Pond.

The same can be said about Techno and his brother actually. No said once that he's not as handsome as Nic and I guess it's how it's supposed to be in the novel by the way even Nic says several times that he doesn't understand why Kla is so into his brother but in my humble opinion, Gun is, once again by common standards, more attractive than the actor playing Nic ( didn't pick his name sorry).

This kind of change goes with all adaptations tbh. Production will rarely allow to have average-looking actors as main roles in their shows... But in all honesty, I wouldn't mind if it was the case. Bit more realistic even if that probably wouldn't please fangirls :phew:

12 minutes ago, SaQaroz said:

Production will rarely allow to have average-looking actors as main roles in their shows... 

This is sad but true. Just because someone isn't handsome doesn't mean they don't have great acting skills and i think a lot of talent could be and is lost because of that thinking. I was going to list from first to last who i thought was the most handsome in the series and then thought better of it. As they say "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and every one  has their own take on what is beautiful / handsome or not. To me what's inside matters a lot more than what's on the surface. Ok, rant over for now!  :D

17 minutes ago, SaQaroz said:

So precisely actors and characters as they are depicted in the show don't fit the novel in that aspect. As lelliae said, everyone has different taste but there are some beauty standards whatever we like it or not and by these standards, Perth (so Ae) is quite handsome. I think a lot of people would say he's more handsome than Trump and even Pond.

The same can be said about Techno and his brother actually. No said once that he's not as handsome as Nic and I guess it's how it's supposed to be in the novel by the way even Nuc says several time that he doesn't understand why Kla is so into him but in my humble opinion, Gun is, once again by common standards, more attractive than the actor playing Nic ( didn't pick his name sorry).

This kind of change goes with all adaptations tbh. Production will rarely allow to have average-looking actors as main roles in their shows... But in all honesty, I wouldn't mind if it was the case. Bit more realistic even if that probably wouldn't please fangirls :phew:

Reality might be the least-wanted thing in BL series/novels.

For example, when Pete was beaten by Trump, the first thing they should do, in real life, is to going to hospital for a serious check-up, not renting a hotel room nor applying some random medicine on the wound. But if they went to a hospital, we wouldn't have the scene when Ae took his shirt off, or Pete tried to be cute, or the two of them sweetly hug each other, or the touching and morning wood of Ae the day after.

So, I don't mind the not-so-realistic things here.

1 minute ago, henry249 said:

Reality might be the least-wanted thing in BL series/novels.

For example, when Pete was beaten by Trump, the first thing they should do, in real life, is to going to hospital for a serious check-up, not renting a hotel room nor applying some random medicine on the wound. But if they went to a hospital, we wouldn't have the scene when Ae took his shirt off, or Pete tried to be cute, or the two of them sweetly hug each other, or the touching and morning wood of Ae the day after.

So, I don't mind the not-so-realistic things here.

It would also take up too much screen time if they had done that. They call it "poetic license" when they skip through facts on a show. 

5 hours ago, aniola said:

Hi, another new member here.:rolleyes: I'm reading this (about thai bl) part of forum more than year, but finally decide to join.

Really hooked up with LBC now, and sometimes even get tired from it.:D But i was really waiting something like this so can't complain now. Meaning i enjoy every part of the show, every character and they relationship. Not only love stories, but friendship too. Pond is great friend. Yeh, he can joke, tease and laugh (and i think it's common then you're a good friends), but he always be there for Ae. Glad to see how he helps Pete with present. And it's nice to see how he and ChaAim gradually are starting to get along. (I liked Cherreen in "Puppy Honey" so glad to see her in LBC.) Also it always fun for me to see Techno and Can, two cute puppy woof-woof with each other. I kind of still puzzled with Kengkla/Techno because even it's fun to watch i feel sorry for Techno being fooled by these two scoolboys. But since Kengkla seems really inlove with him (and Mark is quite charming)) i won't think too much about. Pete and Tin friendship looks interesting to me. For now i guess Pete is the only person who can tolerate Tin's rudeness and see good in him. And Tin just see that Pete is really nice guy. That's why he want to warn him about this "greedy thai programm studens". May be if he knew early about Trump-problem he helped Pete with it too. So i look forward for Tin/Can storyline, the future scenes from the trailer and clips really catch me up.

About Chompoo... I kind of ok with her, she seems nice and harmlees to me. :) I see her how just young, naive, dreamy girl. Obviosly she was to straighforward with "be my boyfriend" but i still can't be mad at her. It feels like she build a castle in her mind and one thing what was missing is prince Charming. But i think i'll fillfull my opinion on her when i'll see her reaction when Ae reject her.

Oh, I can't believe i write all this since writing in english not my strongest side. :lol:

Welcome to BL heaven, where anything is possible :D 
Love the perspective and the way you expressed it.  Keep it up :lol:

4 hours ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

This is sad but true. Just because someone isn't handsome doesn't mean they don't have great acting skills and i think a lot of talent could be and is lost because of that thinking. I was going to list from first to last who i thought was the most handsome in the series and then thought better of it. As they say "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and every one  has their own take on what is beautiful / handsome or not. To me what's inside matters a lot more than what's on the surface. Ok, rant over for now!  :D

Totally agree. Beauty can vary from one's perspective. But whats inside can always be surprising ( The person you love can show you different sides that will keep your heart fluttering. ) 

Warning : this post is totally off-topic!
... I just wanted to say how much I love our exchanges on this thread (and more generally on Soompi) :wub: That's so stimulating and enriching!! I love how each of us ventures an idea and then this leads to some very interesting discussions fed by all of our points of views and cultural differences. I'm so glad I decided to join you here! Moreover, it makes the wait between 2 eps. so much more bearable. Thanks for all that guys :)

4 minutes ago, lelliae said:

Warning : this post is totally off-topic!
... I just wanted to say how much I love our exchanges on this thread (and more generally on Soompi) :wub: That's so stimulating and enriching!! I love how each of us ventures an idea and then this leads to some very interesting discussions fed by all of our points of views and cultural differences. I'm so glad I decided to join you here! Moreover, it makes the wait between 2 eps. so much more bearable. Thanks for all that guys :)

I love it here also, even though we do ramble on a bit :w00t: and go off topic from time to time.  :D

8 hours ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

To me what's inside matters a lot more than what's on the surface. Ok, rant over for now!  :D

You are not alone, however, everyone see the surface first! That's why production always choose the more handsome/cute/beautiful/perfect/attracting possible in the name of baths/dollars/euros/pesetas/liras/escudos/pound sterling!!! :cry:

6 hours ago, pupuce said:

if Pete tried not to be gay, does this mean he tried to be straight and dated a girl before?

I think it's implied he wasn't interested in anyone. Like when he said "is it possible I was aroused?" or "is it possible I liked someone." Plus, Pond calling him "amateur." That was scene was so funny like of course, he heard you through the door. When Ae shoved his book at him, i died laughing.

I don't always think people need labels, but if he did, Ae would probably be demisexual.

I've haven't been this excited since Sotus S started!!! I LOVE LBC!!! Every character and storyline is amazing, the only drama that doesn't make me skip at all!!

When I first heard about LBC and saw the trailer, I didn't think much of it as it was not advertise as great as MY Tee and Sotus, but this series is a bag of sweets. Pete and Ae are my favorite couple and second is techno and Kengkla (He is such a schemer).

The next episode for sure is the turning point of Pete and Ae and then I think they will focus more on Tin and Can. I very interested in Tin and Can. In the trailer I already didn't like Tin's older brother and the conceited voice he had. 

I think the scene in which Tin is crying in the shower isn't from an issue with Can, but an issue with his brother. Because his brother can make him not trust people than he most likely the one making tin cry. Can will be the light in his darkness. I hope to see more of their story soon.

9 hours ago, checkmatey said:

I think it's implied he wasn't interested in anyone. Like when he said "is it possible I was aroused?" or "is it possible I liked someone." Plus, Pond calling him "amateur." That was scene was so funny like of course, he heard you through the door. When Ae shoved his book at him, i died laughing.

I don't always think people need labels, but if he did, Ae would probably be demisexual.

i was talking about Pete not Ae.

Archived