[Thai Drama 2018] Love by Chance Series Season 1 บังเอิญรัก

Terresa Gate

6 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

Good Morning! Yes, i should have been fully asleep but the call of nature got me running to you know where. I keep my iPad beside my bed so i always check to see if there's anything important before i go back to sleep.

Yes, all on tender hooks here now. It's 7.39am Friday morning and we're only 2 hours ahead of Bangkok time.

I'm working from home today so it's a great Friday all round. :D

Dude it's great we got understanding husbands, partners and BF's...cause this shite is like a full on drug... Well...it's still Thursday evening  here not even 7PM...I got a long way to go.  I moved some stuff around so that working from home tomorrow could happen...it's like an event...you have to be in the moment... the Boyz better bring it !!:lol:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, deltos said:

Dude it's great we got understanding husbands, partners and BF's...cause this shite is like a full on drug... Well...it's till Thursday evening not even 7PM...I got a long way to go.  I moved some stuff around so that working from home tomorrow could happen...it's like an event...you have to be in the moment... the Boyz better bring it !!:lol:

The time will flying in pretty quick. 

Yea, i have to admit that Kim is very understanding when it comes to some of my obsessions, despite him being the "seme".

However, he also knows he has to keep me happy as i hold the "keys to the kingdom" (looks behind me) and he knows if i'm not happy the "doors" going to be closed for a while. ;)

*Spoilers of sorts*

::whispers LATE BLOOMER OVER HERE whispers::::::sweatingbullets:

IF anyone visits mydramalist site, you'll see my many comments about MIR and how the drama sort of normalized rape (Tee and Fuse was definitely a rape...one was drunk and could not consent to sex) And the Book/Frame one could be considered rape because Frame forced himself on Book...BUT i digress...

For LBC, I hope that doesn't become the case with the Techno/Kengkla coupling (though I was told that this isn't the case as they don't even have sex until much later in their relationship) I'm getting the vibe that this director is actually trying not to make a mockery of the LGBTQ-A community and might actually be trying to showcase real world experiences that Gay people often young ones go through. The true testament to how thoughtful this drama could be in that department, will be in the way they explore sex and consent with Pete/Ae and Techno/Kengkla. The Tin/Can i'm not too interested in, but I'll still watch them. 

Anyways, I'm sooooo glad to see this getting 14 episodes! YAY...also, I've been counting down the hours until tomorrow and this is the first time I've ever been so invested in a BL drama (even with Diary of tootsies I wasn't this excited) 

DBM was an awesome BL, even if there were so many plot holes, however, I'm glad they showcased messy relationships in a believable way. Not everyone gets their happy endings. 

41 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

The time will flying in pretty quick. 

Yea, i have to admit that Kim is very understanding when it comes to some of my obsessions, despite him being the "seme".

However, he also knows he has to keep me happy as i hold the "keys to the kingdom" (looks behind me) and he knows if i'm not happy the "doors" going to be closed for a while. ;)

Well as any Seme knows...if you misplace the keys...you are locked out...and there is NO locksmith...so yeah..the kingdom is precious.:phew:

24 minutes ago, Harunacamelia said:

I'm getting the vibe that this director is actually trying not to make a mockery of the LGBTQ-A community and might actually be trying to showcase real world experiences that Gay people often young ones go through. The true testament to how thoughtful this drama could be in that department, will be in the way they explore sex and consent with Pete/Ae and Techno/Kengkla. The Tin/Can i'm not too interested in, but I'll still watch them. 

It's not a vibe. P'new said as much. Keeping it real ! In addition to the tropes...(which we really can do without but..)

DBM was an awesome BL, even if there were so many plot holes, however, I'm glad they showcased messy relationships in a believable way. Not everyone gets their happy endings. 

Nope they don't. BL is being changed slowly, one trope at a time...LOL

6 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

That's why the "uke" actually holds all the card in a relationship. ;)

You know, I don't think I've ever seen a BL where the " uke " ( gawd I hate that word - but for fun...) was in a position of "power".  They are all written very "soft". Racking my brain to remember a BL Chinese or Thai where there was a strong even controlling " uke" . :phew: There are a few strong characters in a couple of Manga's I've read though and it's prolly why they are my favs.

6 minutes ago, deltos said:

You know, I don't think I've ever seen a BL where the " uke " ( gawd I hate that word - but for fun...) was in a position of "power".  They are all written very "soft". Racking my brain to remember a BL Chinese or Thai where there was a strong even controlling " uke" . :phew: There are a few strong characters in a couple of Manga's I've read though and it's prolly why they are my favs.

I know and that's sad. Maybe in the future we'll have a strong "uke" character. There's this misconception that all "uke's" are soft and submissive and in my opinion that's not alway the case. 

I know i don't like the word either but it's what most people know and understand, so i'll go with the flow.

23 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I know and that's sad. Maybe in the future we'll have a strong "uke" character. There's this misconception that all "uke's" are soft and submissive and in my opinion that's not alway the case. 

I know i don't like the word either but it's what most people know and understand, so i'll go with the flow.

Don't know if you read manga's too but

Spoiler

Haru wo Daite Ita

I found both characters written with strength. Now I'd love to see this a BL....:D

2 hours ago, deltos said:

I always watch Thai, Chinese, and Korean dramas raw. Without dialog I can 1) Focus on the acting and directing. 2) Listen to the language which is a good way to learn, 3) Not be handicapped waiting for subs.  Understand LBC is the first Thai drama to have subs in under 12 hours. Usually you are waiting for some kind soul ( who is usually in college) to sub a series ( if they like it ). Have to admit Lazy S is my fav cause she also throws shade in her comments and explains the nuances of various words.  TWM had subs pretty quickly too. So this is a new thing and says they ( production companies/TV stations are recognizing the growing international audience ( $$$).  So when I do get subs, I rewatch - kinda like a test to see if what I understood was said was accurate or not.  I also have a VPN that allows me to watch some dramas realtime - commercials and all ! That in itself is a real adventure.:lol:

Like you i always watch the raw version first and then with subs if there are any. It's always English subs as not a lot are subbed into Korean, but English is fine for me. Normally i watch Korean, Thai, Chinese and Vietnam dramas. My Thai isn't perfect but i can normally make out what's going on, and also with Chinese (my grandmother, who's originally from China, isn't happy that my Cantonese is a little too rusty for her liking). Next year i'm planning on learning Vietnamese, as i find that language interesting. 

27 minutes ago, deltos said:

Don't know if you read manga's too but

Hide contents

Haru wo Daite Ita

I found both characters written with strength. Now I'd love to see this a BL....:D

I've read this a few years ago then lost track of it. I never finished. Jeez. Now i feel compelled to go read it again to the end. We'll that should keep me distracted for a while when I need it.

10 minutes ago, baw74 said:

Not all relationships!  My husband is a slave to my ... I can't find a convenient rooster icon to link.

LOL! I will concede there are exceptions to the rule. My husband is 7years older than me and definitely more masculine, but i hold the cards in this house hold. He does get his own way a lot but only when i allow it. :D 

10 hours ago, 1sitsafetocomeout said:

Hummmm, it will be interesting to see Yuri as the "bad guy" in this show. I did like her character in LS. She was just a girl who liked a boy and tried her best t make that boy see her. Sure she was pushy and annoying at times but that's what a teenage girl is like when seeking attention from her special boy. 

I totally understand how hurt she must have felt and I was also really happy to see her try to move past all that and accept that she wasn't the one and that while Noh hurt her, he hadn't changed. He was still the good guy she liked from the beginning.

Hummmm, i don't see Yuri as you see her. She is the ONE who has decide Noh was his boyfriend! She was dreaming (as teenage  girl do) of charming prince, and Noh, as a perfect gentleman, didn't disagree with this situation. For Noh, Yuri or another one was the same status: "for everyone i have a girlfriend", even it was (very) far to be the reality. She is nice, gentle, but more often corny. Yes, it was really smart from her to accept Noh/Phun relation, nevertheless, she was the one who create the problem with Noh, who create his own sadness, and the only one responsible to be hurt. To his credit, she couldn't know how things will turned .They must be friends since beginning, so all's well that ends well!

Archived