[Thai Drama 2018] Love by Chance Series Season 1 บังเอิญรัก

Terresa Gate

1 hour ago, deltos said:

I did hear the same thing and I think you're accurate...at least its not a Het pagent...it's LGBTQA related. Actually I'm glad that we have a week in-between...I need detox...LOL

I know, which is why i'm not too upset about it. Anything LGBTQA related always has my support. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

If it is the pageant (and i'm not sure if it is or not at the minute. Just going by what i've been told.), then it could be taking up the time slop that Love by Chance is normally shown on. I think the TV channel are sponsors of the pageant. 

3 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I know, which is why i'm not too upset about it. Anything LGBTQA related always has my support. 

This is the FB Page...GMMtv is the airing channel...
https://www.facebook.com/MissTiffanyUniverse/

40 minutes ago, evanevan said:

I can't get the subs on phone but it works on my laptop.

I read somewhere that you have to have the line app on your phone...even though it doesn't work (yet) as a pure app it will allow the episodes to be viewed... I can get them on my iPad where I also have the line app.

1 hour ago, evanevan said:

I can't get the subs on phone but it works on my laptop.

The subtitle of LineTV links works fine on laptops on iOS.

For Android devices, you need the "Desktop site" mode. Click on the "..." button at up-right corner of the screen, tick on the box "Desktop site".

So here's a random question...just reading on some other sites and there is some push back about LBC not airing and the Miss Tiffany event.  How can. you like BL and not be sensitive to LGBTQ issues ?? It's like saying, " I like swimming but don't like the water ! " Mind-boggling to think there are folks out there who just like to see to guys get it on but don't like the " gay stuff ".

Ok I vented...:angry:

49 minutes ago, deltos said:

So here's a random question...just reading on some other sites and there is some push back about LBC not airing and the Miss Tiffany event.  How can. you like BL and not be sensitive to LGBTQ issues ?? It's like saying, " I like swimming but don't like the water ! " Mind-boggling to think there are folks out there who just like to see to guys get it on but don't like the " gay stuff ".

BL series are mainly for fujoshi, they're kinda like fantasies, rather than any real life situation.

Many of my gay friends don't care about BL series at all. While I (gay) like BL series, my boyfriend really hates BL series. He thinks BL series are very low-level.

And many fujoshi friends of mine, while they enjoy BL series, but they will never bother to take some time to watch/join any Pride parade event. They don't care about problems like same-sex marriage either.

54 minutes ago, deltos said:

I know. I just don't get it either. Also the pageant is transgender and i've even heard and read some gay people mouth off about it. I feel like hitting them on the head. It's really sad that the transgender community has to put up with discrimination from the straight community without getting it from the gay community as well. 

1 hour ago, henry249 said:

BL series are mainly for fujoshi, they're kinda like fantasies, rather than any real life situation.

Many of my gay friends don't care about BL series at all. While I (gay) like BL series, my boyfriend really hates BL series. He thinks BL series are very low-level.

And many fujoshi friends of mine, while they enjoy BL series, but they will never bother to take some time to watch/join any Pride parade event. They don't care about problems like same-sex marriage either.

I've read some academic stuff on Yaoi and BL which gives the historical context - I have yet to come across any research that answers the WHY?  

Spoiler

What is the motivating force behind str8 women having the need to write about male same-sex relationships...something they will Nevah have.  All they trans ?  I could not begin to imagine a female SS relationship to write about it.  I have friends who are lesbian  and I haven  interest in their personal relationships as women. 

What I am beginning to see is a transition to reality based BL a bit more.  Funny, China was more grounded ( now banned ) than even Thailand.  Changes are on the way which is the good news...at least for us.

57 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I know. I just don't get it either. Also the pageant is transgender and i've even heard and read some gay people mouth off about it. I feel like hitting them on the head. It's really sad that the transgender community has to put up with discrimination from the straight community without getting it from the gay community as well. 

Agreed. No matter what the case, it's all about gender identity and being at peace with who you are and being able to be who you are.  We all live in glass houses...can't throw stones. 

On 8/24/2018 at 8:50 PM, alvinyl said:

My heart melted when Ae told Pete that "Just now was my first kiss" 
:wub::wub:

This moment was so touching... I love Ae's personality : manly yet very sensitive, always blunt, doing what he wants and expressing what's on his heart or what's bugging him without beating around the bush. I really appreciate having a main character who is following his feelings and going for it without questioning himself for ages beforehand.

Actually the whole ep. was so touching, just perfect! :wub: I love how all the relationships evolve

- Pete / Ae : I love how they already behave like a couple. Ae is over-possessive, more and more jealous for every little thing, and Pete is always trying to explain himself and reassure him... So cute! At the beginning I was a little afraid of the parallel Ae constantly draws between Pete and Nong Yim . him always pinching and stroking Pete's cheeks is cute to a certain extent because it emphasizes his protective nature but it could have become too infantilizing... Fortunately that's not the case! 

- Pete / Pond : Pete knows Pond sees right through him so he no longer tries to deny that there is something going on between him and Ae. On the contrary, Pete seems to accept Pond's help to get closer to Ae... He has probably found a precious ally here! I think Pond is a really good guy, no(i)sy and such a tease, but who wants nothing more than seeing his friend happy one way or another. I'm dying to see what bawdy advice he'll give to our novice couple :lol: 

- Ae / Pond : Ae being jealous of Pond... Wooowww WTF?!! I've to admit that I didn't see it coming at all... but I love it!!! :D It shows how much Ae loves Pete, even more than he realizes himself. It also shows how overwhelmed he is by his emotions when it's a question of Pete. He is absolutely not lucid anymore, even having doubts about his best friend all of a sudden!

I can't wait for the next eps., I love how this series is progressing and the chemistry between the characters is so good! Love by Chance really is my weekly ray of sunshine, there isn't more drama than necessary for the moment (except with Trump but it's precisely what enabled Pete and Ae's encounter) and that suits me perfectly :)

1 hour ago, WeLoveSoompi said:

Pretend to be embarrassed, but want to touch. :wub:

That scene convinced me that Ae is absolutely and totally in love with Pete. His subconscious mind took over and he couldn't resist the temptation to touch Pete's chest. Also, all the touchy feely stuff with Pete has nothing to do with his "niece". That's being used as an excuse either consciously or subconsciously. Your subconscious mind is more powerful than your conscious one. Here ends my theory lesson. :D

4 hours ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

The clothes are pretty funky, but i really don't like the hair styles on both of them.  

Kazz has some weird concepts...but if you don't stretch  you don't grow...so I called it growth...let's face it...they won't stay soft and fluffy forever...LOL

Archived