[Thai Drama 2018] Love by Chance Series Season 1 บังเอิญรัก

Terresa Gate

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I might be a little cruel here, but I can’t wait for the episode where “shampoo” finds out about Ae and Pete. :phew:

She needs to know....and it will be an event.

37 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

It was nice to see that Pete was the one "taking the lead" for a change. You can only increase and deflate the sexual tension so many times before someone gets upset about it and Pete had reached his limit in this episode.

Exactly, his  A$$ would have been. kicked out... 

Mission Accomplished !

cr.twitter

dowtj0tvaaepgqs-jpg-large.jpeg

1 hour ago, mads102030 said:
Spoiler

If it ever gets made, I'll check here to see if it's sketchy before watching.  With the original actors, I did kind of want to see a MingKit cut of season 2.  As of now, I'm out of it until I hear good reviews on a finished season 2. 

Spoiler

you might want to hear this @Kim Soo-Lee ..Mew is auditioning for 2moons. 

Ohh, this face...:D

tumblr_pg53o74ppI1x8jq0lo6_400.giftumblr_pg53o74ppI1x8jq0lo8_400.gif

1 hour ago, mads102030 said:

I don't know if Saint was more comfortable, or if PETE was more comfortable

I believe it's Saint. Well, Pete is too. But mostly because Saint is more comfortable in filming such scenes, imho. I think it would be even better if Saint had to be the lead in kissing, not Perth.

1 hour ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I can’t wait for the episode where “shampoo” finds out about Ae and Pete

Me too. At least she need to know that Ae is taken. For her own good.

Right now I kind of see her as head (and only member) of Ae's fan club.:lol:

12 minutes ago, kwonminrin19 said:

Does anyone knows what happened to Tar?? And is there eng Trans for the novel?

Tar mentioned in ep.7 what happened to him.

And no, there is no eng. version of the novel yet.

18 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well if Mew get's a part in 2Moons then i'll definitely watch it. I wonder if Art will try for a part also. Having a real life gay couple in the series will be great start. :D

Spoiler

OMG...it would be a first, a real out gay couple...and yeah I'd be right there watching too...Queening out !!

btw....just got some vid of LJG..from his visit to Thailand last week...I have no words...the boy got  loose !  :joy:

2 hours ago, mads102030 said:

I'm very curious about $$$ from LBC.  It seems like it's quite the international sensation.  But of course I'm only seeing it through the lens of the (International) BL world.  Since I'm not only new to that, but really new to Asian entertainment, I'm very curious.  Do you have any insight into how LBC is faring, according to Thai entertainment standards, in terms of money and success, up against all else it has to offer (straight dramas, non-love-related dramas. . .).  Or is it just that it has gained more money/interest than a typical BL drama, which is still a very small piece of the pie?  Or is BL really as popular in Thailand/Japan/Taiwan/China as it looks like it is in BL shows (so many fujoshis or however you spell it)?  Like, just tons of straight female tweens are obsessed with it?  Is it all but certain that there will be a season 2/spin-offs, with how it has been doing?  Is MCOT really kicking themselves, or is it worth it to not turn off more conservative viewers by airing it?  I don't expect anyone here to necessarily know all the answers. . .  But anyone have some insights? 

Hide contents

I really don't give a damn about 2 Moons (no offense, I support you all if you're fans).  I didn't read the books, and sounds like I would have been disgusted by book 2.  I didn't care for the first season of the show, except for MingKit.  I haven't rewatched.  But it's a bummer that fans are so excited about season 2 because it has questionable sex scenes.  I'm all confused.  Beam/Forth were friends/friendly in seaon 1.  How did that devolve into rape?  Eww, whatever, don't want to know/don't care.  If it ever gets made, I'll check here to see if it's sketchy before watching.  With the original actors, I did kind of want to see a MingKit cut of season 2.  As of now, I'm out of it until I hear good reviews on a finished season 2. 

I'm curious about this, too.

2 hours ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I might be a little cruel here, but I can’t wait for the episode where “shampoo” finds out about Ae and Pete. :phew:

"Shampoo".  :joy:

1 hour ago, aniola said:

Ohh, this face...:D

tumblr_pg53o74ppI1x8jq0lo6_400.giftumblr_pg53o74ppI1x8jq0lo8_400.gif

I believe it's Saint. Well, Pete is too. But mostly because Saint is more comfortable in filming such scenes, imho. I think it would be even better if Saint had to be the lead in kissing, not Perth.

Me too. At least she need to know that Ae is taken. For her own good.

Right now I kind of see her as head (and only member) of Ae's fan club.:lol:

Tar mentioned in ep.7 what happened to him.

And no, there is no eng. version of the novel yet.

Sulky Pete was something I didn't realize I needed to see!! He was so adorable and I felt like a mom trying to cheer him on...I was such a mess!! 

3 hours ago, mads102030 said:
Spoiler

I'm very curious about $$$ from LBC.  It seems like it's quite the international sensation.  But of course I'm only seeing it through the lens of the (International) BL world.  Since I'm not only new to that, but really new to Asian entertainment, I'm very curious.  Do you have any insight into how LBC is faring, according to Thai entertainment standards, in terms of money and success, up against all else it has to offer (straight dramas, non-love-related dramas. . .).  Or is it just that it has gained more money/interest than a typical BL drama, which is still a very small piece of the pie?  Or is BL really as popular in Thailand/Japan/Taiwan/China as it looks like it is in BL shows (so many fujoshis or however you spell it)?  Like, just tons of straight female tweens are obsessed with it?  Is it all but certain that there will be a season 2/spin-offs, with how it has been doing?  Is MCOT really kicking themselves, or is it worth it to not turn off more conservative viewers by airing it?  I don't expect anyone here to necessarily know all the answers. . .  But anyone have some insights? 

Spoiler

Just some incoherent thoughts in no particular order....

5-6 years ago - BL was a quiet kept secret to the international world...if you read manga and watched anime, you knew about the BL dramas/live action.  After China banned BL drama's, Thai has ( it appears ) stepped into the gap along with Taiwan and other countries and as a natural course of events this genre has spread internationally which is why the cry for subs has appeared so strongly.  

Most if not all series are based on BL novels...which is a real cottage industry. For everyone that becomes a series there's another hundred that stay novels. Seven China's BL's came from novels; in fact many current CD's had  BL components that were turned into these vague kinda bromance relationships..TMOPB for instance.  

I don't think you can  be sure of a season 2 of any Bl series until you see it.  There are several  dramas that are in the can  now but not aired ( Soulmates). MCOT actually aired the BL drama ( I think) that really set things in motion: Lovesick, which kinda is  first cousin to LBC ( director, music, tropes, ) . The market for BL has grown over the years. You have more Gay viewers than before and if you've ever seen a fan meet, many fans there are way beyond tweens...LOL Clearly, WTD and TWM target a mature audience..you don't get the fruity drink commercials or ice-cream. Money is determined by sponsors and advertising. The more money you have upfront, the bigger the production budget and you get a higher end series. Check out the end credits of some dramas and see who the advertisers are - that says a lot. 

6 minutes ago, deltos said:
  Hide contents

5-6 years ago - BL was a quiet kept secret to the international world...if you read manga and watched anime, you knew about the BL dramas/live action.  After China banned BL drama's, Thai has ( it appears ) stepped into the gap along with Taiwan and other countries and as a natural course of events this genre has spread internationally which is why the cry for subs has appeared so strongly.  

Most if not all series are based on BL novels...which is a real cottage industry. For everyone that becomes a series there's another hundred that stay novels. Seven China's BL's came from novels; in fact many current CD's had  BL components that were turned into these vague kinda bromance relationships..TMOPB for instance.  

I don't think you can  be sure of a season 2 of any Bl series until you see it.  There are several  dramas that are in the can  now but not aired ( Soulmates). MCOT actually aired the BL drama ( I think) that really set things in motion: Lovesick, which kinda is  first cousin to LBC ( director, music, tropes, ) . The market for BL has grown over the years. You have more Gay viewers than before and if you've ever seen a fan meet, many fans there are way beyond tweens...LOL Clearly, WTD and TWM target a mature audience..you don't get the fruity drink commercials or ice-cream. Money is determined by sponsors and advertising. The more money you have upfront, the bigger the production budget and you get a higher end series. Check out the end credits of some dramas and see who the advertisers are - that says a lot. 

Thanks for the info. I only wish we could have access to like ratings or something.

18 minutes ago, deltos said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I have to admit i'm not a great fan of trying to make a BL novel into a bromance rather than a love affair. The one i watched not that long ago was "Advance Bravely". If you've read the novel it's clearly a love affair but they tried to make it "look" like a bromance. I do like the series, but it would have been much better left as a BL and not a "bromance".

5 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I have to admit i'm not a great fan of trying to make a BL novel into a bromance rather than a love affair. The one i watched not that long ago was "Advance Bravely". If you've read the novel it's clearly a love affair but they tried to make it "look" like a bromance. I do like the series, but it would have been much better left as a BL and not a "bromance".

Spoiler

Yeah I read the novel and in no form or fashion was it Bromance..I guess that's why they went the " expressive eyes" in the drama..which suggested but no way told the story.  The Phoenix and the Fox in TMOPB were an item in the novel...you got a hint of it but not much more...same with Beloved Enemy.

So..... I loved it!!! I just wanted to get this out here before I go back and read everyone's comments. I loved the talk that Ae and Pete had about the fact that Pete wanted Ae just as much and Ae kept leaving him hanging.....they are working on being a couple that communicates and that is key to a successful relationship. Also, I LOVE Pond! He is the original wingman! Getting his friend to the goal post with protection! Love it! 

Poor Can. Struggling so much with that kiss... I wish he would actually tell someone about it rather than drive himself crazy all by himself but he is kind of an oblivious character; after all, he does not see the rainbows and pink clouds all around Ae and Pete :wub: so he is going to suffer by himself for a while. 

Tum and Tar are still undeveloped so i have very little to say about that; KK and Techno are going nowhere this season so nothing new there either....all in all, am impressed by the acting of both Perth and Saint especially since we saw how much they were cracking up behind the scenes. Very good job to both of them. And to P'New for directing so well. The build up and all the tension was perfectly done and perfectly released. Phew... ok... am off to catch up on all y'alls comments.

2 hours ago, deltos said:
  Hide contents

OMG...it would be a first, a real out gay couple...and yeah I'd be right there watching too...Queening out !!

btw....just got some vid of LJG..from his visit to Thailand last week...I have no words...the boy got  loose !  :joy:

LJG as in Lee Joon Gi?? Love that guy!

21 minutes ago, deltos said:
  Hide contents

Yeah I read the novel and in no form or fashion was it Bromance..I guess that's why they went the " expressive eyes" in the drama..which suggested but no way told the story.  The Phoenix and the Fox in TMOPB were an item in the novel...you got a hint of it but not much more...same with Beloved Enemy.

Really? Phoenix and 4th Brother??? Wow...totally missed that in the series.... didn't even see bromance to be honest

6 hours ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Same here. The only one i liked is guardian but i think it would have been better as a bl

Archived