[Thai Drama 2018] Love by Chance Series Season 1 บังเอิญรัก

Terresa Gate

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am officially dead! Good bye world!!! Don't open the spoiler tag if you aren't ready to be spoiled

These two boys (gosh I keep telling myself, they are kids they are kids) did such an excellent job acting out those bedrooms scenes. I loved LOVED the way Pete was coquettish and also had the whole puppy eye down to a T to get Ae to do him. This episode was definitely Pete's episode. I think Pete plays the shy rich kid to get what he wants. FREAKING AE!! I can see why Perth was picked to play this character. HE is really good....OMG THOSE KISSES, they were so sweet and sexy at the same time. I can't believe these two went in on that...Take note BLs this is how you do a bedroom scene that isn't graphic but also isn't perverse. Ae and his hickey and Pete with his hands fisting on Ae's thighs cause he was impatient to get Ae naked!!! The way Pete's hands held Ae's neck as they kissed. GOSH these two are making me a mess when I see those small touches

:joy::flushed:

Hellllo!  Ciao a tutti!  Happy Friday!  I am just ecstatic that they finally let JayBL sub the episode before it aired!  Wow, such an awesome surprise!!  So, my initial random thoughts, then will read all the comments...

Tin and Can got more attention than I expected this episode, considering the teaser.  I guess we're ready to really switch to their storyline, since Ae and Pete have. . . ah hem. . . done most of their development in terms of becoming a real couple.  I was really pulled in by Tin and Pete's first conversation.  I didn't expect such a blunt conversation and renewed offer like that.  Made me like Tin more.  He meant what he said.  He loves Pete (as a friend), and according to his twisted logic, he thinks he's the qualified party to "take care of" Pete.  If it weren't for Ae, I'd be rooting for them.

I'm pretty sure Can has had a crush (as in, he's a hottie!) on Tin since the beginning.  He went out of his way to notice the guy before they'd ever really had much interaction.  And whoever it was in here that said "Tin stole Can's first kiss" was right on the money.  Can seemed pretty freaked out that he hadn't managed to kiss a girl first.  I loved that Can tried to establish Tin's sexuality by talking to Pete!  It's a BL, but sexualities exist!  Even among guys who aren't katooeys (or whatever Ae called P'Money. . . transgender?). It's possible to be gay or bisexual!  Weeeee!  Maybe one or both will use that word to describe themselves before the season is done, so we aren't saddled with a two-way "gay for you".  I am ready to care about this couple.

Pond was sneaky this episode, but actually he was less "under the radar" than I expected.  Haha, Ae and Pete both knew by the end of the episode that he had some hand in their. . . reaching their destination.

Ok, finally, the SCENE.  I have nothing bad to say.  I liked it.  I do have a couple critiques, if P'New wanted to actually raise my blood pressure (as I was hoping a bit, from his teases and from my experience with ep 7), that I'll mention in a moment. 

This show falls below TWM and WTD, and above every other Thai BL, in terms of "skinship" (eww, first time I've used that word, I think, didn't like it).  Just as we already knew.  The "first time" scene was better scripted than I expected, and less awkward, which I really appreciated. I'm glad that it came off as so sweet and consensually desired.  I mean, it's both of their first time.  Being with someone you love, your official boyfriend, both virgins, prepared with the correct goodies (thanks Pond), and hugging and agreeing that you both want it equally before moving on to the act...  All super adorable.  And the scenes that followed were also sweet and a little hot.  I can be perfectly happy as it is. . .  Lovely scene. 

But here are the two things that could have raised my blood pressure to locker room scene levels:  1)  Just one kiss, maybe toward the end of the scene, with a bit of the locker room intensity.  You can kiss passionately just from being turned on, doesn't have to be jealously motivated/out of desperation.  These kisses were just above the car kisses.  Still, it was well done and not awkward, thank god.  The actors really are giving it their all.  2)  I actually thought they panned down a bit too much toward the end of the scene.  The intertwining fingers, the kissing of chest/neck, the talk "sorry if I hurt you, but I can't hold back anymore" or something to that effect, were undercut a bit by cutting back out to the shot showing they were still both mostly clothed, and with the comforter between them, during all of that.  I didn't want to see MORE, I actually wanted to see less, so my brain could fill in the blanks with a further level of disrobement.

The part of the episode that got me hottest?  When Ae said he was hard.  Whew!  I was sitting here with Pete like, "What the hell, Ae, get your hard a$$ back here!  Well, not a$$, but. . .

Ok, now that you've all read the depths of my perviness. . . Can we still be friends? 

Haha.  Nice shots of the lamp and Pete's pajama top, right?  No goldfish to be seen. .  .   

It was amazing surprise to be able to watch episode with engsub on friday night already.:w00t:

Seriously, if someone was as nosy about my personal life as Pond is about AePete's, i would be very annoyed and angry. Did he even have time for ChaAm with all this concerns about his best friend and his "fan"?-_- Pond is still our favorite cupid, but today my thanks are to Ping for trying to put some sense into Pond's head.^_^

Also i really like Plan's acting. He did well in showing serious and foolish (sometimes almost in the same time) sides of Can, all this frustration after Tin's kiss.

Like the way Pete was talking to Tin about Ae. Did you notice how he was squeezing his bag? Because it's not easy for him, but Pete believe in Ae and don't want to hear how Tin says bad thing about him.

2 hours ago, mads102030 said:

This show falls below TWM and WTD, and above every other Thai BL, in terms of "skinship" (eww, first time I've used that word, I think, didn't like it).  Just as we already knew.  The "first time" scene was better scripted than I expected, and less awkward, which I really appreciated. I'm glad that it came off as so sweet and consensually desired.  I mean, it's both of their first time.  Being with someone you love, your official boyfriend, both virgins, prepared with the correct goodies (thanks Pond), and hugging and agreeing that you both want it equally before moving on to the act...  All super adorable.  And the scenes that followed were also sweet and a little hot.  I can be perfectly happy as it is. . .  Lovely scene.

I really liked that the "first time" scene came consensually desired! 

Actually their little conversation was adorable! The way they talked was so cute!

Spoiler

The way Pete said "you postponed it again because we have class tomorrow (3 times) " and then Ae said "i am sooooorry" was sooo adorable :wub:

The actors are amazing as always! The directing too 

I felt like Saint was more confortable in these kissing scenes :phew: so a really enjoyed them B) 

3 minutes ago, readlire92 said:

I really liked that the fact that the "first time" scene came consensually desired! 

Actually their little conversation was adorable! The way they talked was so cute!

Reveal hidden contents

The way Pete said "you postponed it again because we have class tomorrow (3 times) " and then Ae said "i am sooooorry" was sooo adorable :wub:

The actors are amazing as always! The directing too 

I felt like Saint was more confortable in these kissing scenes :phew: so a really enjoyed them B) 

It was nice to see that Pete was the one "taking the lead" for a change. You can only increase and deflate the sexual tension so many times before someone gets upset about it and Pete had reached his limit in this episode. :joy:

On 10/1/2018 at 7:52 PM, deltos said:
  Hide contents

We make the mistake to think that sponsors don't know what the conversations are or what the BL genre is about. They know and sponsor those series to a target audience. (think that damn fruity drink).  MCOT dropped LBC even though it was reportedly said that they would do a rewrite of some scenes. They dropped it anyway ( I'm sure they regret it because the $$$ from LBC is huge).

The locker scene is old school.  If you have watched enough drama's in general you see it happening...it's a plot device, simply that. It could have been a wall, a bed, a truck, a beach,...and yeah it was to make a point and move the scene. It creates reactions; in this case, a sense of urgency for one of the characters. 

Last year when it was announced that 2M would not have a 2nd season, there was much disappointment and outcry about not having a S2 of 2M... Why ? Because the "R" scene was in book 2 and fans wouldn't get to see it. ( Beam/Forth).  I thought that was pretty sad...as soon as a new drama is announced the first discussions are about the "scenes" in the novel.  As a gay guy, it's pretty sad to know that " those kinda" scenes are the most sought after by female readers; because consensual or not - the physiological impact is the same..it's the scenario that matters. 

I'm very curious about $$$ from LBC.  It seems like it's quite the international sensation.  But of course I'm only seeing it through the lens of the (International) BL world.  Since I'm not only new to that, but really new to Asian entertainment, I'm very curious.  Do you have any insight into how LBC is faring, according to Thai entertainment standards, in terms of money and success, up against all else it has to offer (straight dramas, non-love-related dramas. . .).  Or is it just that it has gained more money/interest than a typical BL drama, which is still a very small piece of the pie?  Or is BL really as popular in Thailand/Japan/Taiwan/China as it looks like it is in BL shows (so many fujoshis or however you spell it)?  Like, just tons of straight female tweens are obsessed with it?  Is it all but certain that there will be a season 2/spin-offs, with how it has been doing?  Is MCOT really kicking themselves, or is it worth it to not turn off more conservative viewers by airing it?  I don't expect anyone here to necessarily know all the answers. . .  But anyone have some insights? 

Spoiler

I really don't give a damn about 2 Moons (no offense, I support you all if you're fans).  I didn't read the books, and sounds like I would have been disgusted by book 2.  I didn't care for the first season of the show, except for MingKit.  I haven't rewatched.  But it's a bummer that fans are so excited about season 2 because it has questionable sex scenes.  I'm all confused.  Beam/Forth were friends/friendly in seaon 1.  How did that devolve into rape?  Eww, whatever, don't want to know/don't care.  If it ever gets made, I'll check here to see if it's sketchy before watching.  With the original actors, I did kind of want to see a MingKit cut of season 2.  As of now, I'm out of it until I hear good reviews on a finished season 2. 

15 minutes ago, readlire92 said:

Hide contents

I don't know if Saint was more comfortable, or if PETE was more comfortable, but I did appreciate him doing some initiating!  With the way they've been characterized, it's fine that Pete is shy. . . but like, thank goodness he's not TOO shy.  I'm wondering if Ae is ever going to find out that there was actual SCHEMING on Pete's part, with Pond, to get Ae into the sack.  hahaha.  Kind of hope Ae finds out but isn't mad. 

Archived