[Thai Drama 2018] Love by Chance Series Season 1 บังเอิญรัก

Terresa Gate

59 minutes ago, deltos said:

I think I'm with @Kim Soo-Lee on this....there is too much money at stake to go the "R" route. typical dialogue goes...you're drunk,  yeah I'm drunk but I still..are you sure...yeah I'm sure.  That would be the consensual phrases you need. Oh and a memory in the morning,

I feel like we and the other thousands of  fans are sitting on the ground outside the marriage tent - waiting for the hanky....:joy:

But wasn't money invested in Addicted too? (that's a real question, I actually don't know the background of this show). As I said earlier, I don't think sponsors would be afraid to invest money in this kind of scenario as they probably don't see it as a rape. At worst, it's "ambiguous" (= exciting for a lot of people, and a lot of people = $$$$$$).

I mean, it's not rape, but the sole fact that the writers though they had to have Ae trowing Pete at a locker door to make the scene hot and therefore please viewers speaks by itself when it comes to their business strategy ^_^

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SaQaroz said:

Oh I know that, statistics for convicted rapist out of 100 rapes reported speak by themselves unfortunately. I agree with what you're saying here, but we were not talking in legal terms, or were we? I know there is absolutely 0 chance KK would be prosecuted for this as No would'nt report it anyway. Truth to be told, I don't even think Tar's was reported (I'd be surprised). This is not the question of either or not it would be easy to prosecute such a case, it is to ask yourself if it as indeed a rape or not. When you watch a show, you are the witness.You know what's happening  (which obviously police, judges dont...unless they break the 4th wall ;)). And it's not because it would be impossible to prove in front of a court that it didn't happen, or that it's not a rape.

Well using my own moral compass, which some of my friends say is overdeveloped, would i take  advantage of anyone that was drunk, absolutely not. Even if they give consent. 

11 minutes ago, sweetseptember said:

Reminds me of a 14 year old  girl in my country who was gang raped in a toilet at school. The guys didn't get punished, they were even allowed to continue studying at the sama school the girl went in. And this happened in europe- in one of world's most well developed countries.Sometimes I wonder if we live in 21th century or what ? I hope the rape case in LBC will be tastefully done (meaning no  glamorise of rape...) But sadly, even though its 2018 we still have a long way to go before rape is seen as serious no matter what (not just in "some" cases like "he/she asked for it etc). its a worldwide problem... 

A girl got raped in toilets in my school too, by two guys of the same school. I knew one of them. We didn't see them for some months, then one day I saw him walking in the street. I learnt later that they had not been prosecuted, just reported to the scholl that had banished them for some time. This also happened in western Europe, in a so called developped country.

Rapists uner 18 are never convicted anyway.

Unfortunately, stories like these are numerous. It's why to see rapes being minimized always worries and saddens me. And I actually think it can be very damaging.

13 minutes ago, sweetseptember said:

Reminds me of a 14 year old  girl in my country who was gang raped in a toilet at school. The guys didn't get punished, they were even allowed to continue studying at the sama school the girl went in. And this happened in europe- in one of world's most well developed countries.Sometimes I wonder if we live in 21th century or what ? I hope the rape case in LBC will be tastefully done (meaning no  glamorise of rape...) But sadly, even though its 2018 we still have a long way to go before rape is seen as serious no matter what (not just in "some" cases like "he/she asked for it etc). its a worldwide problem... 

When it comes to sexual assaults either to a woman  or man, we have a very long way to go to find an acceptable solution to the problem.  And, i don't think moral standards are getting better, i'd say they're getting worse. Especially when you see a man like Trump who's meant to be the leader of the "free world".  

6 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

Well using my own moral compass, which some of my friends say is overdeveloped, would i take  advantage of anyone that was drunk, absolutely not. Even if they give consent. 

I have no doubt on that ;) I just wish BL shows (and not only them) would make clear that i's extremely WRONG as there is no way you can be sure a drunk person consents to the sex.

1 minute ago, SaQaroz said:

But wasn't money invested in Addicted too? (that's a real question, I actually don't know the background of this show). As I said earlier, I don't think sponsors would be afraid to invest money in this kind of scenario as they probably don't see it as a rape. At worst, it's "ambiguous" (= exciting for a lot of people, and a lot of people = $$$$$$).

Spoiler

Actually Addicted was a pretty low budget series few- sponsors ( production costs were minimum.) Compare Addicted  to Uncontrolled Love a very high budget film - lots of sponsors etc. and that was in spite of the ban. I stopped reading the novel after the rape scene which was quite violent. Even though they feel in love after..ya ya ya !

We make the mistake to think that sponsors don't know what the conversations are or what the BL genre is about. They know and sponsor those series to a target audience. (think that damn fruity drink).  MCOT dropped LBC even though it was reportedly said that they would do a rewrite of some scenes. They dropped it anyway ( I'm sure they regret it because the $$$ from LBC is huge).

The locker scene is old school.  If you have watched enough drama's in general you see it happening...it's a plot device, simply that. It could have been a wall, a bed, a truck, a beach,...and yeah it was to make a point and move the scene. It creates reactions; in this case, a sense of urgency for one of the characters. 

Last year when it was announced that 2M would not have a 2nd season, there was much disappointment and outcry about not having a S2 of 2M... Why ? Because the "R" scene was in book 2 and fans wouldn't get to see it. ( Beam/Forth).  I thought that was pretty sad...as soon as a new drama is announced the first discussions are about the "scenes" in the novel.  As a gay guy, it's pretty sad to know that " those kinda" scenes are the most sought after by female readers; because consensual or not - the physiological impact is the same..it's the scenario that matters.  

So we can continue to beat this dead horse...however the bottomline remains that we have to wait and see what P'New has done with that scene. 

8 minutes ago, deltos said:
  Hide contents

Actually Addicted was a pretty low budget series few- sponsors ( production costs were minimum.) Compare Addicted  to Uncontrolled Love a very high budget film - lots of sponsors etc. and that was in spite of the ban. I stopped reading the novel after the rape scene which was quite violent. Even though they feel in love after..ya ya ya !

We make the mistake to think that sponsors don't know what the conversations are or what the BL genre is about. They know and sponsor those series to a target audience. (think that damn fruity drink).  MCOT dropped LBC even though it was reportedly said that they would do a rewrite of some scenes. They dropped it anyway ( I'm sure they regret it because the $$$ from LBC is huge).

The locker scene is old school.  If you have watched enough drama's in general you see it happening...it's a plot device, simply that. It could have been a wall, a bed, a truck, a beach,...and yeah it was to make a point and move the scene. It creates reactions; in this case, a sense of urgency for one of the characters. 

Last year when it was announced that 2M would not have a 2nd season, there was much disappointment and outcry about not having a S2 of 2M... Why ? Because the "R" scene was in book 2 and fans wouldn't get to see it. ( Beam/Forth).  I thought that was pretty sad...as soon as a new drama is announced the first discussions are about the "scenes" in the novel.  As a gay guy, it's pretty sad to know that " those kinda" scenes are the most sought after by female readers; because consensual or not - the physiological impact is the same..it's the scenario that matters.  

So we can continue to beat this dead horse...however the bottomline remains that we have to wait and see what P'New has done with that scene. 

Spoiler

I know Addicted Heroin is very popular and well loved, but after reading the stuff Gu Hai does to Luo Yin , I kinda lost interest to watch it.. its just disturbs me so much. But it reminds me back in 1970s/1980s when around 90% of US romance novels had the male lead raping the female lead... i'm not sure, but in some asian countries (like china and thailand) it feels like the view on rape and consent is very similar to how it was like in 1970s/1980s USA...but i could be totally wrong lol. 

26 minutes ago, deltos said:
  Hide contents

Thank you for the information, I had no idea. I find it sad too that some fangirls (most maybe?) are only really interested in hot scenes. It's also why writers/directors don't care about whether or not there's violence, dubious consent or even blatant rape in a sex scene cause they know a huge part of the  targeted  audience won't even care as long as the guys involved are young, sexy and willing to do a lot of fan-service.

However, I still think things won't stay that way forever. I've been watching Asian shows since I was a teenager and particularly in Chinese shows, I was already able to see that some things have changed. Some things which wouldn't have been such a big deal 10 years ago are not accepted anymore, or not perceived the same way anymore.

And yes, I'm definitely waiting to see what the director has in store for KK/Techno! In hope he will make some significant changes to the infamous first night :phew:

1 hour ago, sweetseptember said:
  Hide contents

I know Addicted Heroin is very popular and well loved, but after reading the stuff Gu Hai does to Luo Yin , I kinda lost interest to watch it.. its just disturbs me so much. But it reminds me back in 1970s/1980s when around 90% of US romance novels had the male lead raping the female lead... i'm not sure, but in some asian countries (like china and thailand) it feels like the view on rape and consent is very similar to how it was like in 1970s/1980s USA...but i could be totally wrong lol. 

I REALLY DISLIKED ADDICTED due to EVERYTHING that was done to Luo Yin. How anyone thought any of that was sexy or cute or sweet is beyond me. I always side-eye people recommending that drama to newbies in the BL sphere. Ugg...

since I work with defendants from all walks of life, I have had to work with those accused of rape, ranging from young people to the very old...like in their 70s old. And I try not to see them as just these bad actors, but as people with many complexities to them. It's hard due to my moral compass, however, not everyone has the same moral values/meters, we all take our cues from our societies and families. There are cases where throwing the person in prison is the way to go, but there are other cases where it isn't that simple. So, I totally feel for the victims in these types of crimes, but with my years of experience in the Criminal Justice field, I can also say that there are always more layers to those doing the bad actions. That is why for the Kengkla/No relationship, depending on the context of the scene, I will reserve my judgement until it plays out. WOW seems we opened up a big debate here today, great seeing everyone's different opinions

Someone mentioned Pete's hands on Ae in the preview OMG I LOVE YOU whoever YOU ARE!! I totally missed that but re-watching it on my computer screen I was able to appreciate everything!! Also, was PETE Shirtless already?? Damn AE works fast or Pete was ready to go! :phew:

7 hours ago, Beam_Tee said:
Spoiler

Pete seems so passive in his attitude, no wondering why Ae thinks he is the only one who wants to go further.

But I'm all for the next episode (each episode are great, and each week seems longer caused by the anticipation of the trailer).

3 minutes ago, Harunacamelia said:

Someone mentioned Pete's hands on Ae in the preview OMG I LOVE YOU whoever YOU ARE!! I totally missed that but re-watching it on my computer screen I was able to appreciate everything!!

I missed it the first time and noticed it only the second time but rewatch numerous time just to be sure ... :D

9 minutes ago, Harunacamelia said:

Hide contents

I REALLY DISLIKED ADDICTED due to EVERYTHING that was done to Luo Yin. How anyone thought any of that was sexy or cute or sweet is beyond me. I always side-eye people recommending that drama to newbies in the BL sphere. Ugg...

Spoiler

After reading your comment my desire to watch Addicted hasn't exactly increased:rolleyes: thank u, i should stay away.. I heard Luo Yin could be very "difficult" , a tsundere who would always protest against Gu Hai whenever Gu Hai wanted to touch him etc... but Gu Hai, its still no excuse to kidnap/sexually assault him ! and people keep saying how sexy , manly and amazing Gu Hai is, that he is the number 1 seme in dramaland, etc. Hmm.. ok.. well people are allowed to think whatevr they want of him, as long as they realize what Gu Hai has done is completely unacceptable IRL. 

Hide contents

since I work with defendants from all walks of life, I have had to work with those accused of rape, ranging from young people to the very old...like in their 70s old. And I try not to see them as just these bad actors, but as people with many complexities to them. It's hard due to my moral compass, however, not everyone has the same moral values/meters, we all take our cues from our societies and families. There are cases where throwing the person in prison is the way to go, but there are other cases where it isn't that simple. So, I totally feel for the victims in these types of crimes, but with my years of experience in the Criminal Justice field, I can also say that there are always more layers to those doing the bad actions. That is why for the Kengkla/No relationship, depending on the context of the scene, I will reserve my judgement until it plays out. WOW seems we opened up a big debate here today, great seeing everyone's different opinions

Someone mentioned Pete's hands on Ae in the preview OMG I LOVE YOU whoever YOU ARE!! I totally missed that but re-watching it on my computer screen I was able to appreciate everything!! Also, was PETE Shirtless already?? Damn AE works fast or Pete was ready to go! :phew:

1 hour ago, Harunacamelia said:

Every time i watch the preview i keep getting distracted and missing it! :(

I'll have to watch it in slow motion frame by frame. :P

On 10/1/2018 at 11:33 PM, Kim Soo-Lee said:

Every time i watch the preview i keep getting distracted and missing it! :(

I'll have to watch it in slow motion frame by frame. :P

Wanna gif?:P (If it's works...:mellow: seems my phone is against me.)

7f352d17-50fc-418f-94a5-90bb97f2e967.gif

1 minute ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

Why does a week have to be so long! :tears: 

I knowwww :bawling: but on the plus side, i am going to probably take Friday off to make my weekend super long since it's a holiday that following Monday!! YAY me, so I can binge watch these episodes on the big screen TV with my family. I'm forcing them to watch it, my mom being such a drama lover, will probably like it (she watches Mexican novelas, but she also liked Diary of a Toosie when I put it on for her). :joy:

7 minutes ago, Harunacamelia said:

I knowwww :bawling: but on the plus side, i am going to probably take Friday off to make my weekend super long since it's a holiday that following Monday!! YAY me, so I can binge watch these episodes on the big screen TV with my family. I'm forcing them to watch it, my mom being such a drama lover, will probably like it (she watches Mexican novelas, but she also liked Diary of a Toosie when I put it on for her). :joy:

Great! The episodes are absolutely awesome on a large screen. I get the official You Tube episodes on to our media system and then play it through our TV in the living room. Dim the lights, lay back and enjoy. :D

Archived