[Thai Drama 2018] Love by Chance Series Season 1 บังเอิญรัก

Terresa Gate

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, henry249 said:

For myself, I like the scenes the way they are now. I wouldn't want the director to change anything. I don't want anything to be fixed either. Maybe it's just my taste, but I think they're perfect. For me, Ae is not a polite person since the beginning. His language is very rough, maybe a little bit gentler with Pete, but still very rough. The way he chooses the pronouns to talk with friends, even a newly-met person like Pete, says many things about his characters. If you compare Ae's language with Tin's language, you would realize that Tin is super polite, and super well-mannered. I bet a typical person (except for Pete and Chompoo) would never fall for a guy like Ae in real life. Actually, Ae in the series is already much cuter and much more polite than Ae in the novel. His language contains full of swear words, even when speaking with his brother Oh (in the novel).

I don't think Ae's language is the problem here, the comment you replied to was referring to the way he behaves physically when he's frustated (and for no reason as he admits it himself afterwards on the top of things...weird scene). I wouldn't be able to comment on Ae's language anyway with my extemely poor thai :phew:

17 hours ago, mads102030 said:

Yep, there are just little things they could do to make so many scenes more palatable.  Ae was acting like an a** in general, dragging Pete around those 2 eps, and I don't know how to fix that.  He wasn't being especially rough with the dragging, so it wasn't too jarring for me, just kind of "off". But the push against the lockers really didn't even make sense with Ae's character, always trying to protect Pete from physical harm.  He even said later in the ep that he knew Pete didn't like Tin "like that", due to the look in his eyes.  So we know he doesn't suspect Pete of anything.  Why throw him like that?  Just backing him up to the lockers while talking could have solved that problem, and been no less sexy.  I liked the kiss over Pete's protest, in terms of sexiness. "I don't want to wait anymore."  The problem was that Pete's protest wasn't written well, so he just said "Wait, Ae".  Which means, "Stop".  If they had put different words in Pete's mouth, Ae could have interrupted them without it seeming to ignore Pete.  Even just a "Wait, Ae, are you sure...?" would have indicated that Pete's protest wasn't because he didn't want to continue, but maybe because he didn't know if Ae was doing the right thing, for himself.  Anyway, I've made peace with that scene, because, who am I kidding?  It was pretty hot (made less so, not more so, by the problems, but still hot), way more than most of us expected, and they ended it with quite a sweet talk that put everything in perspective.  

On the other hand, there's very little that can be done to fix the KK/Techno problem, unless they completely re-write it. 

Reveal hidden contents

When it's your FIRST TIME with someone (and their first time ever! ewww, novel stated 'No was a virgin), and there was no pre-existing (two-sided) flirtatious type relationship, and one is passing out drunk on the ground and crying. . . Nope, KK, that's not your moment. 

" And Tum/Tar...zzzzz"  Agreed.  But I want to know more about Tharn and Type.  Specifically, about their moans of pleasure every night.  Crap, thinking out loud again. ;) 

Agree with everything! Especially with the fact that this attitude didn't fit Ae as we learnt to know him. He was litteraly treating Pete like a fragile thing in the first episodes (it was even a bit comical at this stage), it was not to throw him at a locker door and punch the next door in the following episode...

And yes the way Pete's protest has been written/shown on screen was very clumsy to say the least.

35 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

That is sooo true! I'm getting impatient for the next episode and I can't remember the last time i was so eager to see a bl episode. I'm definitely "addicted". :D

I'm using a containment field for the excitement. Instead, I am learning Mandarin, watching William Chan (so HOT) in Love Lost in Time

( again) making some FMV's oh yeah...working.  So I'm good until Friday...maybe ded by then...especially if there is a breach in the field...:joy:

12 minutes ago, deltos said:

I'm using a containment field for the excitement. Instead, I am learning Mandarin, watching William Chan (so HOT) in Love Lost in Time

( again) making some FMV's oh yeah...working.  So I'm good until Friday...maybe ded by then...especially if there is a breach in the field...:joy:

Yep. That's all we can do. Try and fill in the time with other things. At the minute i'm watching Legend of Fuyao and also Eagles and Youngster. I'm also trying to improve my Thai with a friend from the office, but we keep getting distracted with other things. He has this bad habit of going completely off topic and we end up talking about football rather than learning Thai. 

12 hours ago, deltos said:

This is all I see..  I like them...they unfluff the show...

I've resigned my self to the fact they will enter the Temple of Vestal Virgins as acolytes.  I'm hoping to see Pete actually wear a pair of sneakers ( I'll even take White) a pair of jeans and a t-shirt...maybe he could get chill for a moment or two..:lol:

Sorry for the CAPITALIZATION it had to be done! :sweat_smile:

I 100% agree. That is why I am looking forward to their story, because they are not the fluffy lovey-dovey couple, their story line along with  the step-brothers will touch on more mature content (rapes, depression, deceit to get what you want, age difference etc)...While I frown upon drunk sex (i.e. rape) as a trope,  I can still watch it and see how it's played out.  

5 minutes ago, Harunacamelia said:

I 100% agree. That is why I am looking forward to their story, because they are not the fluffy lovey-dovey couple, their story line along with  the step-brothers will touch on more mature content (rapes, depression, deceit to get what you want, age difference etc)...While I frown upon drunk sex (i.e. rape) as a trope,  I can still watch it and see how it's played out.  

I'm still in two minds about this possible "rape" scene and whether it will actually come across as being rape or not. Depends on how they portray on the screen.  

28 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I'm still in two minds about this possible "rape" scene and whether it will actually come across as being rape or not. Depends on how they portray on the screen.  

P'New was involved in MIR...so perhaps the scene will appear more like the drunken Tee/Fuse scene.:phew:

36 minutes ago, Harunacamelia said:

even the event photo's show this kinda of edginess...they don't take themselves seriously...so they have fun with it...their  body language is just so " what evah ! " "Dude let's just do this thing..."  LOL

42836275_10210631743904671_7310711340601

42918597_947412388783650_883347267663586

The following conversation is recreated to the best of my memory...

Dee - Babe, why didn't you tell me I was watching the latest episode last night? Now I have to wait for Friday to see the next episode!

Me - Oh? I swear I told you. Well welcome to the club.

Dee - Whatever. There better be some sex this week. All these hot eyes from Ae is just obvious. The dude is jonesing for Pete...

Me - Welllllll, rumor has it the director may hold out for another episode

Dee - The eff you say!? Thats some bogus sh it. I did not watch 8 episodes and join the crew of suffering to get no sex. We need to blast his twitter account. The eff is this. 

Me - Ummm, I was not expecting this response. Well TWM Next Chapter is out. Watch that one to help you pass the time. You liked that one.

Dee - How many episodes?

Me - ... one? 

Dee - Don't even try that sh it. I'll wait till its done.

After breakfast and I wanted a guy's perspective...

Me - So babe, what did you think of Ae?

Dee - What about Ae?

Me - You know, his jealousy and stuff. The way he dragged Pete around. The locker scene.

Dee - Are you talking about this now with your online crew? (Suspicious look)

Me - Maybe... Ok so I just wanted another guys perspective. Your bi and you've always been a top. From one top looking at another...

Dee - Well I didn't really think anything of it. Ae's young and a bit rough. Shoving Pete around didn't really surprise me. Pete can be slow to react and Ae moves quickly when he sees something he doesn't like. He wants Pete away from Tin and Pete is just frozen in surprise. He moves him along because he's an action guy. Now the locker scene would be rough on Pete because he's soft but I think it also get's Pete's juices going. These kind of situations get the adrenaline pumping and if your with someone you like, it's either run from them or tear their clothes off. I'm a basic kind of guy too. I'd be tearing clothes.

Me - So you don't think Ae was wrong?

Dee - Wrong? Didn't Pete tell him to wait? I didn't hear stop. Those are two very different words and there's a grey area. Pete is saying give me a second to calm down but Ae's not calm and he doesn't want Pete calm either. He wants the heat and the flash. Everything inside of him is raring to go. They need to be careful now because no means NO and that's it, point blank.

Me - So in other words state your position plainly.

Dee - You know it babe.

I took the day off today so I could get some things done. These kinds of days always go by fast because I never get all the things I want to do done in time. Case of point... I'm here when I should have gone to town to do the damn shopping. Ok Later guys...

12 minutes ago, deltos said:

P'New was involved in MIR...so perhaps the scene will appear more like the drunken Tee/Fuse scene.:phew:

My instinct is telling me that it will be tactfully handled and not come across as rape. I don't believe they would portray something that might worry any potential sponsors at this stage. Not when they're looking for a spin off and a possible season 2.  It would be too much of a risk. :)

2 minutes ago, 1sitsafetocomeout said:

The following conversation is recreated to the best of my memory...

Dee - Babe, why didn't you tell me I was watching the latest episode last night? Now I have to wait for Friday to see the next episode!

Me - Oh? I swear I told you. Well welcome to the club.

Dee - Whatever. There better be some sex this week. All these hot eyes from Ae is just obvious. The dude is jonesing for Pete...

Me - Welllllll, rumor has it the director may hold out for another episode

Dee - The eff you say!? Thats some bogus sh it. I did not watch 8 episodes and join the crew of suffering to get no sex. We need to blast his twitter account. The eff is this. 

Me - Ummm, I was not expecting this response. Well TWM Next Chapter is out. Watch that one to help you pass the time. You liked that one.

Dee - How many episodes?

Me - ... one? 

Dee - Don't even try that sh it. I'll wait till its done.

After breakfast and I wanted a guy's perspective...

Me - So babe, what did you think of Ae?

Dee - What about Ae?

Me - You know, his jealousy and stuff. The way he dragged Pete around. The locker scene.

Dee - Are you talking about this now with your online crew? (Suspicious look)

Me - Maybe... Ok so I just wanted another guys perspective. Your bi and you've always been a top. From one top looking at another...

Dee - Well I didn't really think anything of it. Ae's young and a bit rough. Shoving Pete around didn't really surprise me. Pete can be slow to react and Ae moves quickly when he sees something he doesn't like. He wants Pete away from Tin and Pete is just frozen in surprise. He moves him along because he's an action guy. Now the locker scene would be rough on Pete because he's soft but I think it also get's Pete's juices going. These kind of situations get the adrenaline pumping and if your with someone you like, it's either run from them or tear their clothes off. I'm a basic kind of guy too. I'd be tearing clothes.

Me - So you don't think Ae was wrong?

Dee - Wrong? Didn't Pete tell him to wait? I didn't hear stop. Those are two very different words and there's a grey area. Pete is saying give me a second to calm down but Ae's not calm and he doesn't want Pete calm either. He wants the heat and the flash. Everything inside of him is raring to go. They need to be careful now because no means NO and that's it, point blank.

Me - So in other words state your position plainly.

Dee - You know it babe.

I took the day off today so I could get some things done. These kinds of days always go by fast because I never get all the things I want to do done in time. Case of point... I'm here when I should have gone to town to do the damn shopping. Ok Later guys...

You must have some memory. I can't remember what i said to my husband an hour ago. :joy:

25 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

My instinct is telling me that it will be tactfully handled and not come across as rape. I don't believe they would portray something that might worry any potential sponsors at this stage. Not when they're looking for a spin off and a possible season 2.  It would be too much of a risk. :)

Exactly.  At the end of the day...it's all about $$$.:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Harunacamelia said:

If they show the first night between KK and Techno the way it is written in the novel BUT address the obvious issue with it, I'll be more than happy. They are my favourite couple in the show, although it's in pending till we get that scene) but I won't support them if it comes accross as a rape. However, if the show labels it as rape and addresses wverything that's wrong about it, in that case that will be a good, much needed storyline. And I will be impressed in a positive way.

...Problem is I'm pretty sure that won't happen :sweatingbullets: But let's wait and see, wait and see.. 

On a side note, you can have serious, mature content without depicting rapes, especially if it to dismiss it as drunken sex.

1 hour ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

Uh I'd like to believe that but how many sex scenes/scenarios with, at best, dubious consent, did we see in sponsorised, successfull BL shows?? Tee/Fuse is not exactly a great example to reassure me.

The problem, in my eyes, is that many people (including BL writers) see rape only as a physically violent sexual assault, commited by someone who purposely wants to harm the victim.

Spoiler

Tar's case looks like a good example of what I mean actually. And gang raped in addition.

While rape is WAY more complex than that in reality and can happen in a lot of vatious contexts. This kind of rape is actually not even 5% rapes in my country. When someone is drunk, has sex and wakes up the next morning wih no memory and being horrified with what happened, it's difficult to claim they gave clear, real consent to sex.

16 minutes ago, SaQaroz said:

If they show the first night between KK and Techno the way it is written in the novel BUT address the obvious issue with it, I'll be more than happy. They are my favourite couple in the show, although it's in pending till we get that scene) but I won't support them if it comes accross as a rape. However, if the show labels it as rape and addresses wverything that's wrong about it, in that case that will be a good, much needed storyline. And I will be impressed in a positive way.

...Problem is I'm pretty sure that won't happen :sweatingbullets: But let's wait and see, wait and see.. 

On a side note, you can have serious, mature content without depicting rapes, especially if it to dismiss it as drunken sex.

I think I'm with @Kim Soo-Lee on this....there is too much money at stake to go the "R" route. typical dialogue goes...you're drunk,  yeah I'm drunk but I still..are you sure...yeah I'm sure.  That would be the consensual phrases you need. Oh and a memory in the morning,

I feel like we and the other thousands of  fans are sitting on the ground outside the marriage tent - waiting for the hanky....:joy:

30 minutes ago, SaQaroz said:

Uh I'd like to believe that but how many sex scenes/scenarios with, at best, dubious consent, did we see in sponsorised, successfull BL shows?? Tee/Fuse is not exactly a great example to reassure me.

The problem, in my eyes, is that many people (including BL writers) see rape only as a physically violent sexual assault, commited by someone who purposely wants to harm the victim.

Reveal hidden contents

Tar's case looks like a good example of what I mean actually. And gang raped in addition.

While rape is WAY more complex than that in reality and can happen in a lot of vatious contexts. This kind of rape is actually not even 5% rapes in my country. When someone is drunk, has sex and wakes up the next morning wih no memory and being horrified with what happened, it's difficult to claim they gave clear, real consent to sex.

Rape is THE number one crime that is both difficult to prosecute and also difficult to defend. Mainly because you almost never have witnesses and it's a he said, she said, or he said, he said situation. Unless, you have very strong scientific and medical evidence.

The Tar incident appears to have been done purely out of revenge or jealousy and is totally unacceptable on every level you can think of. 

On the Tee and Fuse situation, and this is purely from a legal standpoint here in South Korea, you would be hard pressed to get a prosecutor to even file charges for rape against Tee. Even though Fuse was drunk at the time. Morally and ethically i would agree that he shouldn't have went as far as he did. Unfortunately, that doesn't always translate into it being an offense legally.  

1 hour ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

You must have some memory. I can't remember what i said to my husband an hour ago. :joy:

Only when I'm paying close attention that I remember this stuff. Otherwise, I'm so lost. And why the hell are vegetables so expensive?

2 hours ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I also agree... Despite the popularity of LBC, if the investors aren't pleased, it's never going to happen. 

3 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

Rape is THE number one crime that is both difficult to prosecute and also difficult to defend. Mainly because you almost never have witnesses and it's a he said, she said, or he said, he said situation. Unless, you have very strong scientific and medical evidence.

The Tar incident appears to have been done purely out of revenge or jealousy and is totally unacceptable on every level you can think of. 

On the Tee and Fuse situation, and this is purely from a legal standpoint here in South Korea, you would be hard pressed to get a prosecutor to even file charges for rape against Tee. Even though Fuse was drunk at the time. Morally and ethically i would agree that he shouldn't have went as far as he did. Unfortunately, that doesn't always translate into it being an offense legally.  

Oh I know that, statistics for convicted rapist out of 100 rapes reported speak by themselves unfortunately. I agree with what you're saying here, but we were not talking in legal terms, or were we? I know there is absolutely 0 chance KK would be prosecuted for this as No would'nt report it anyway. Truth to be told, I don't even think Tar's was reported (I'd be surprised). This is not the question of either or not it would be easy to prosecute such a case, it is to ask yourself if it as indeed a rape or not. When you watch a show, you are the witness.You know what's happening  (which obviously police, judges dont...unless they break the 4th wall ;)). And it's not because it would be impossible to prove in front of a court that it didn't happen, or that it's not a rape.

Reminds me of a 14 year old  girl in my country who was gang raped in a toilet at school. The guys didn't get punished, they were even allowed to continue studying at the sama school the girl went in. And this happened in europe- in one of world's most well developed countries.Sometimes I wonder if we live in 21th century or what ? I hope the rape case in LBC will be tastefully done (meaning no  glamorise of rape...) But sadly, even though its 2018 we still have a long way to go before rape is seen as serious no matter what (not just in "some" cases  , and cases like "he/she asked for it " is seen as no biggie etc). its a worldwide problem... 

Archived