[Thai Drama 2018] Love by Chance Series Season 1 บังเอิญรัก

Terresa Gate

38 minutes ago, SaQaroz said:

You noticed :) Yeaaaah I suppose I'm not as good BL fan material as others here lol. I just don't get that we can't have a good, sexy scene without some dubious behavior/consent in it.

Unfortunately, it's the trope of BL. You hang around the genre long enough you begin to realize it's the template for writing BL novels and it doesn't change. The minds of the BL writers is at time questionable...( like how did you even think this was right ) ...I will say this, a gay man would most likely never write a "R" scene into a BL novel. Sadly though, fans look forward to that kinda thing...:crazy: And true enough, the novels are worse than the dramas...so yeah I hope they re-construct the kk/tech scene into something that is consensual. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, deltos said:

As viewers we often forget that there is legal side of entertainment which often isn't pretty.  Even what we read publicly has legal constraints and implications. Nothing is as it appears.

Sad but very true. Sometimes it's down to contracts being badly written with no "options included if things go wrong". Then when they do go wrong, it can become a legal mess that will almost certainly be very costly to sort out.

24 minutes ago, deltos said:

Unfortunately, it's the trope of BL. You hang around the genre long enough you begin to realize it's the template for writing BL novels and it doesn't change. The minds of the BL writers is at time questionable...( like how did you even think this was right ) ...I will say this, a gay man would most likely never write a "R" scene into a BL novel. Sadly though, fans look forward to that kinda thing...:crazy: And true enough, the novels are worse than the dramas...so yeah I hope they re-construct the kk/tech scene into something that is consensual. 

Yeah I know. When I was a teenager, I used to read a lot of mangas, and that was already a big issue in a lot of shojo and bl/yaoi mangas (especially yaoi actually). I don't read much of these anymore so I don't know if it's still the same these days. But it was already freaking me out. And I know it's a trope but it's a creepy and even quite dangerous one socially speaking (BL novels are mostly read by young girls...what does it teach them about consent and even sex in general??). 

And rules are made to be changed :rolleyes: 

...Anyway, I'm living in hope, that's gonna be my motto here :D

37 minutes ago, deltos said:

I totally agree with that. If i was to sit down and write a BL novel i think i would be to embarrassed to write some of the stuff i've read. Not that i'm prudish in that area, but i would always have it in my mind who's going to be reading this stuff and what effect it's going to have. 

11 hours ago, mads102030 said:

Ae/Pete and Pond are my favorite things about this show, so I was perfectly happy with them taking over the whole episode.  But it is true, the other couples appear so sporadically.  They're definitely never going to get the development that Ae and Pete have gotten.  Actually, I was worried that the back half of the season would show less and less of the main pair, so I'm glad they're just kind of covering the other stories in snippets.  Better than the alternative, just snippets of Ae/Pete.  Still hoping we won't have many/any super-light Ae/Pete episodes. 

Well My Accidental Love is about Ae/Pete and Tin/Can. We were lucky to even have the other couples at all. The fact that Ae?Pete is all over this makes sense. Hopefully season 2 (crosses fingers) will show us more of the other couples.

Sadly there is a great debate over whether it was rape or not with KK/No. Because No recognized KK and then asked him to continue makes some people think this was consent. The fact that he doesn't remember in the morning is also an issue and he as as naive as Can and easily fooled. I believe anything you allow under the influence is not true consent. Your judgment is impaired... point blank. I still like this couple thought for some reason. 

10 hours ago, mads102030 said:

I misplaced mine, too. . . Right around the time that Perth was being born, I believe. :joy:

LMFAOOOO!!!! IKR. I lost mine right around his 5th birthday. 

10 hours ago, mads102030 said:

I sort of felt that Tin's motivation was two-fold.  Sure, he wanted Can to shut up.  But why?  This is the second time that Can has really hit on the "truth" of what's going on with Tin when he's upset.  First, the awesome punching scene, when Can immediately knew that Tin was jealous of Ae and Pete's relationship.  And now, Can has honed in on the fact that Tin truly does feel unloved by his family, from overhearing just a bit of the conversation.  Sure, he was insulting him. . . but TWICE he knew exactly what was going on in Tin's head.  I think Tin is a little impressed by this guy who seems to get him without even trying.

And Tin has had dating a guy on his mind.  Sure, he doesn't love Pete "in that way", but I believe if Pete had taken him up on his offer last episode, he would have actually given dating him a shot, because he really didn't want to lose Pete as his only friend.  He told Pete it wasn't a joke.  Tin already got himself to a "not 100% straight" place.  Maybe he has also been wanting to test that out.  

Oh I totally agree especially since he made that comment after the kiss. I read that immediately as he had been thinking about doing it, most likely with Pete, but since Can was conveniently there, why not try it with this idiot and shut him up one time. He wanted to kiss someone or he wouldn't have had that reaction. Now we just have to sit back and enjoy where that kiss will lead...

Anyway the English subs are up now so I'm going to watch those then make my official comments about the episode. See ya in a couple of hours cause I'll ned to watch it twice.:lol:

1 hour ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I totally agree with that. If i was to sit down and write a BL novel i think i would be to embarrassed to write some of the stuff i've read. Not that i'm prudish in that area, but i would always have it in my mind who's going to be reading this stuff and what effect it's going to have. 

Ok..because I can't shut my brain down this morning/evening...I think there are levels of BL fans ( feel free to add more - and this is for fun don't nobody get their boxers/briefs/panties in a bunch !!:tounge_wink:)

WHAT KIND OF BL FAN ARE YOU ?©

1) Novel Fans:  This novel is cannon...it's perfect I want to see everything I've read in the drama series - don't leave anything out - the good the bad and the ugly. I want it all !.

2) Drama Fans: This drama is cannon. I love the way the story is being told...I don't care what's in the novel- haven't read it and prolly won't read it ..just tell the story on  screen.

3  Drama & Series Fan:  I like both-I don't care if something from the novel is left out and I don't mind if there is something new in the drama. Just make me smile and sigh.

4) Character Fans:  I'm glad the characters look just like they were described in the novel..they look like the novel cover ! Keep the hairstyle the same. 

5)Actor Fan: They are the rainbows, fluff and unicorns of actors. I will watch anything they act in and follow them to the ends of the galaxy. They are cuteness personified how could they be born of a human they were just sent down from ________ in perfect form. 

6) Pretties Fan; Don't care about the novel, the drama series, or anything else...I just watch it for the pretty boys..and when the series is over - I say thanks for the fish and move on to another set of pretties.

7) Writers Fan: I read everything written by this author. They have such deep insight into the world of BL and know what they are writing about. They are cannon.

8) Lurker Fan - I just saw a clip of a series on YT an decided to watch - don't know nothing about anything I just read the forums to see what people say - they too deep into this shite for me.  I have no time to care.

9) Data Fan - ask me anything you want to know I can tell you how any times each character blinked their eyes, the color of the walls of each scene and what was on them, and I memorize the dialog from each episode. And I can compare and contrast any BL series. Data is cannon,

And of course, within each category, there are sub categories.. btw did anyone notice the number of Beatles posters on the wall of pond and Ae's dorm room ? So odd. .:joy: 

33 minutes ago, readlire92 said:

have you seen this longer version of the teaser of ep 9? (i think it's from the chinese release)

Reveal hidden contents

if you have access to Weibo...you will always see different scenes or cuts.  It's always good to widen your vision. I remember there were some cuts in the Chinese version of TWM2 last year  that you didn't see in the Thai version..and they were tasty to say the least.:yum:

1 hour ago, 1sitsafetocomeout said:

Well My Accidental Love is about Ae/Pete and Tin/Can. We were lucky to even have the other couples at all. The fact that Ae?Pete is all over this makes sense. Hopefully season 2 (crosses fingers) will show us more of the other couples.

I get that but is Tin/Can really written this way in the novel though? Surely there must be more to their story. I liked the punching scene but the kiss came out of nowhere for me. It's where you realise that you're really in the big BL fantasy world cause no way that would have happened in real life lol.

21 minutes ago, deltos said:

Ok..because I can't shut my brain down this morning/evening...I think there are levels of BL fans ( feel free to add more - and this is for fun don't nobody get their boxers/panties in a bunch !!:tounge_wink:)

1) Novel Fans:  This novel is cannon...it's perfect I want to see everything I've read in the drama series - don't leave anything out - the good the bad and the ugly. I want it all !.

2) Drama Fans: This drama is cannon. I love the way the story is being told...I don't care what's in the novel- haven't read it and prolly won't read it ..just tell the story on  screen.

3  Drama & Series Fan:  I like both-I don't care if something from the novel is left out and I don't mind if there is something new in the drama. Just make me smile and sigh.

4) Character Fans:  I'm glad the characters look just like they were described in the novel..they look like the novel cover ! Keep the hairstyle the same. 

5)Actor Fan: They are the rainbows, fluff and unicorns of actors. I will watch anything they act in and follow them to the ends of the galaxy. They are cuteness personified how could they be born of a human they were just sent down from ________ in perfect form. 

6) Pretties Fan; Don't care about the novel, the drama series, or anything else...I just watch it for the pretty boys..and when the series is over - I say thanks for the fish and move on to another set of pretties.

7) Writers Fan: I read everything written by this author. They have such deep insight into the world of BL and know what they are writing about. They are cannon.

And of course, within each category, there are sub categories...:joy: 

Wow!! You really are a true expert in this field. Not much more i can add to your list. :D

4 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

Wow!! You really are a true expert in this field. Not much more i can add to your list. :D

Not really...I tend  notice patterns...so it's an easy application....nbd !  LOL  and reading the various comments around the nets about the 2M debacle just kinda triggered my thinking..

41 minutes ago, 1sitsafetocomeout said:

he as as naive as Can and easily fooled.

I'm so adore Techno that now i hate the thought that he meant to be with someone as twisted as Kengkla. I'm curious how their story will go but still a bit sad about it. I prefer not to think yet about their first night and just wait to see how it will be shown to us.

25 minutes ago, SaQaroz said:

bit the kiss came out of nowhere for me

I have the same feeling. Maybe because it was their only scene in this episode. So they just bump-kiss-and-go in the middle if AePete-fluff, and i was like "eeee, what? oh, never mind, come back to AePete".

40 minutes ago, deltos said:

I guess i'm something mixed. I'm usually mostly drama-fan, but curious to know some fact from a novel. And if i like a actor i'll probably follow his future work if it would be interesting to me.

13 minutes ago, deltos said:

and reading the various comments around the nets about the 2M debacle just kinda triggered my thinking

I choose to ignore (as much as i can) all news about 2moons until there is something clearly stated. Don't want to spent my mood on all this.

58 minutes ago, SaQaroz said:

I get that but is Tin/Can really written this way in the novel though? Surely there must be more to their story. I liked the punching scene but the kiss came out of nowhere for me. It's where you realise that you're really in the big BL fantasy world cause no way that would have happened in real life lol.

Honestly... I've seen weirder things happen in real life. In terms of the novel... have no clue. The series is known to change things so this could be a changed scene. The kiss didn't feel like it came out of nowhere to me. I can see the progression.

Tin kissing Can is a result of a corruption of his feelings and thoughts. He might have preferred it was Pete but here is the only other person that affects his life in anyway. Can is the only other person that is close to Tin right now even if it is in an antagonistic way (which in itself is very sad).

Can and Tin have been building to some sort of emotional climax from the start. Yet despite Can's physical response (the punch), Tin has never responded to Can physically but emotionally (his conversation with his mirror). This shows that Can has managed to breech Tin's walls (thought I truly think he is not aware of this as yet). 

So when faced with Can's verbal assault on a sore spot in his life, Tin retaliated as he always has. Sure a kiss is physical, but in this case it is about what that kiss represents emotionally. 

Tin is just another type of casanova, the cool/cold one. He doesn't need his fists when his words have power. Look at Ae, decimated by him in just a couple of sentences. He really hits you where it hurt the most. This would hurt Can because it is his first and he lost it to the person he hates the most. The kiss he has been saving for the girl he may one day love... given to the boy he hates. If that isn't revenge, I don't know what is. And it was served so cold too. All Can could do was fret... Poor baby.

9 minutes ago, 1sitsafetocomeout said:

The kiss he has been saving for the girl he may one day love... given to the boy he hates. If that isn't revenge, I don't know what is. And it was served so cold too. All Can could do was fret... Poor baby.

So does this mean that we have a two-way " gay for you " trope happening ? :scream:   lol

1 minute ago, deltos said:

So does this mean that we have a two-way " gay for you " trope happening ? :scream:   lol

I really hope not, because that would be way too much for me to handle. :(

One is bad enough, but two straight guys falling for each other. I think that would be a first. :D

10 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I really hope not, because that would be way too much for me to handle. :(

One is bad enough, but two straight guys falling for each other. I think that would be a first. :D

Well we don't have clarity yet...was Can upset because he lost his first kiss or lost his first kiss to a guy ? Tin clearly said it wasn't bad kissing a guy...which puts him in the never thought about it seriously  but now that I've done it it isn't so bad category.  And yeah...two st8 guys fall for each other would take BL to a brand new unbelievable height of fantasy, fiction.  Makes me wonder if they will have two gay guys falling for each other... now that that would be a first for BL ( as we know it)  !! :joy:

33 minutes ago, 1sitsafetocomeout said:

He doesn't need his fists when his words have power. He really hits you where it hurt the most. This would hurt Can because it is his first and he lost it to the person he hates the most.

I agree and desagree in the same time. Tin really never responded phisically (well, almost never), every time when Can grabbed his hand he just took it back. Yes, he kissed Can because he want him to shut up and make him discouraged. But i don't think Tin had in mind taking something "first" from him. And his word about "kissing boy not that bad" was more or less like statement of the fact. Like he never done it, and now it is accidently happened that he tried, and he saw it's ok too.

13 minutes ago, aniola said:

Yes, he kissed Can because he want him to shut up and make him discouraged. But i don't think Tin had in mind taking something "first" from him

I would agree that it wasn't Tin's intent to take Can's first however, the impact is still ( possibly) that it was Can's first- and can having lost that " first card " ( of many) unwillingly he is the one left affected. Tin could probably care less... It perhaps will  force Can's hand to tell Tin he now has to take responsibility ( that seems to be a common expectation in situations like this ) for taking his fist kiss. :phew:

I guess I would be a novel/drama fan...

I love to read so I always end up reading the novel and appreciating that. If there is a movie, I will watch the movie but I usually have no expectations because to me, novels and movies represent different things. The novels tell us the emotions behind scenes we may not be able to see in a movie, and the movies show us the actions that can only be described to a certain extent in a novel. I think that's why I usually read the manga and watch the anime. It just makes sense to me to do both.

My feelings on the current episode:

- I really don't have anything I didn't like about this episode which is a first. I can usually spot one thing that stood out to me that made me cringe in a bad way. I even got the Tin/Can scene despite it being so abrupt.

- I have to avoid anything sweet this week, my sugar levels are currently off the charts. The looks - jeez these boys can smize as Tyra Banks coined it. Their eyes were saying a lot in this episode. Ae wants to eat Pete and Pete is hoping he will. Ae really is going through a period of uncontrolled lust and he knows it but he can't help it. Pete is much more controlled but Pete also has some experience with liking someone and may have had secret little crushes even before Trump (this name still gets me every time) so his control is a little better. And Pete is also good at holding thing in unlike Ae. I also think this lack of experience is what makes it so easy for Ae to expose himself to Pete because he's still thinking 'we're both guys so it's no big deal' while Pete gets all revved up. I love the shock then the rush to the bathroom. 

Pond's serious face when he's talking to ChaAim so just too smexy. This guy means business and he looks at her with such intensity. Her response was faster than I expected but I'm not surprised that she said yes. Though if they make it far she has her work cut out training him to clean up after himself.

Tin's Mean look (I couldn't help it! Forgive me) after he kissed Can  and liked it gave me shivers. He stole so much power over Can in that moment but it's only temporary Tin... He's going to claim it back and Tin will be his sucker soon.

- Nong Yim is the best. She is like a cute little doll and because of her, Ae swallowed ice in one gulp so he could cool down... Bwahahahahahaha. But on a serious note, Ae should use this as a lesson to help him be careful. He can't always let his emotions run amok like that. I loved the lesson given here. Another thing, with Nong Yim, I can see Pete and Ae being awesome daddy material. Pete would spoil the children and they would shower them with love. It was such a sweet scene.

- Oh wait I found a critique but only a little one. Sometimes Pond overreacts to Ae's questions. If he just responded lightly, he would get so much more out of Ae. Still, he's doing a great job as is.

- They met each other's parents!!! Lol I love it! Ae's mom was very impressed with Pete and I liked that she didn't hesitate to put him to work. I see that Ae has mentioned Pete but not to the level Pete has mentioned Ae. I am not surprised. Despite loving his family. Ae keeps his own council. I am also not surprised that Ae hasn't told his parents yet. I think it is too soon and I would prefer that they spend time with Pete before he tells them. Like softening them up kind of. I don't know but they make me nervous although they could be just as cool as Ae was when finding out Pete was gay. 

I love that Ae's mom didn't hesitate to give Pete a job to do. I also like that Ae didn't try to stop her because Pete doesn't know how to do something. He doesn't baby Pete and that's great.

- Considering that Pete's mom secretly knows about Trump, Ae is like a breath of fresh air. I like that she overheard Ae telling Pete that he needs to take care of himself so she wouldn't worry. It shows that Ae has Pete's best interest at heart. Also with Ae there, she doesn't have to worry. 

The hot eyes over the lunch table was hilarious and when Ae dropped his spoon, I just died laughing. Serves him right for undressing Pete with his eyes in front of his mom. Not that Pete minded. He was doing some undressing of his own. 

Also the shrimp references. Ae admitting he wanted to undress Pete. Frustrated Ae... All of it... I feel faint. I think I'm heading for a diabetic coma. I need to rewatch TWM and balance it all out... Later

Archived