[Thai Drama 2018] Love by Chance Series Season 1 บังเอิญรัก

Terresa Gate

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, gogole mongol said:

Ha ha ha this reflections is right nevertheless i can't stop laughing because one big element is missing, it is what we call in french "le nerf de la guerre" (the sinews of war), which is MONEY. Str8 or gay, if you don't fill the tank with fuel, there will be more shooting/takes! :joy:

Yes ! Yes !Oui ! Oui ! Money does talk loudly in the entertainment industry...:lol:

2 hours ago, dramaandfood said:

I agree this might be the thought-process behind having workshops. Personally, I think BL or Non-BL both are acting (like.. Even if a person is gay, there is a chance that he might not actually like his co-star, so he has to act only)

I have friends who are actors  and they all say for a gay actor to play a gay role..nothing is at stake accept his acting ability - he will get other roles (gay). The str8 actor stands to loose more acting gigs once they have played a gay character...the entertainment business is funny that way. It would be simple if the actors could act in their characters, get paid and go home to their personal life. - Sadly, BL is constructed around Ships, and Fan Service, and Fan Meets, etc...so yeah you kinda have to like the person because you're gonna be with them a long time...gf's don't factor well for them.  The only exceptions I see is Arm/Porsche and Both /NewYear and well, they are out and gay..it's not given a thought. We all know what happens in the reverse and there is an implied GF - twitter breaks down. :joy:

1 hour ago, dramaandfood said:

(The point of achieving complete growth will be, where we dont have to use the term 'BL' or 'Gay' anymore to differentiate)
When everyone starts treating something as normal, it will become normal..

We may have to agree to disagree on this...:lol: I don't want a day to come when I am not seen for who I am.  The day I look for is when it doesn't matter... It's easy to say we no longer have to use the terms..when you are not part of the population to which that term applies...that's the privilege you have. However, for those of us who's life is " GL, BL or Gay "...it's not the case.  The " love know no gender" theme that permeates BL is a lovely sentiment - and were that true, you'd see a lot more GL as well as BL and that's not the case. So, in theory it might sounds all unicorns and rainbows..however, the reality is that we love-   some men love men, some men love women, some women love women, some women love men, some love both and all the other gender identities in between.We love who we love because we are attracted...I'm not attracted to women romantically, therefore love of that sort is not an option...  At best, all we can say is, it's OK to be who you are, and identify as who you are -  that's the normal... 

1 hour ago, deltos said:

At best, all we can say is, it's OK to be who you are, and identify as who you are -  that's the normal... 

Though we might not have a common ground (I disagree with some things - will save that for later heh) I like your thoughts a lot, lot here. I got little tears of proudness.

From what I read, not every gay/lesbian are as courageous and strong-hearted as you are, and for them, I still stand by my idealistic view hoping for that day (I want the change in the whole world too, but at least around me, I can and so I wont let a person be discriminated/discouraged for what they are). I agree I am seeing from outside. But I think thats something which would make me look at it objectively. When I look into more about other gay/lesbian (what they actually want) I might get a clearer perspective and might change my opinion. But for now, this is what I think.

I agree I am seeing from outside. But I think thats something which would make me look at it objectively. When I look into more about other gay/lesbian (what they actually want) I might get a clearer perspective and might change my opinion. But for now, this is what I think.

Ahhh thank you for your wonderful response. And yes...we may not agree on some perspectives however, to have a discussion makes a difference. And yes, once you begin to have conversations with member of the LGBTQ community, your perspective does change.  Allies are important for changes in attitudes, laws, and society in general. You are important.

whoa! it's amazing to know LBC will get a season 2. I just made my day. 

I only can have positive thoughts about it. I'm really happy about the series, the directors, writers, actors, production team, they all deserved it. And Tin Can, they are  really strong in terms of fan base(wich I'm included in) all over the internet. And the managers have been done a amazing work, keeping them together making events and stuff like that. 

But as long my expectations are high, my  fear is also. Because of  the moment of thai BL. 

I do believed that P'New was going to delivery us a enormous success with UWMA, I know it's too early to jugde, but I don't think it will be that great. I'm afraid in LBC ss2 they(all the production) just subvert our expectations. 

And thinking this because of the series I'm watching right now, they are not bad. regarding Make our days Count wich isn't Thai. But they are in the avarage. I when I think P'NEW and LBC I just can think "this gotta be above the avarage".

m' I the only whos thinks that maybe in 1 year or 2 if it keeps this way. Many gonna get tired of Thai Bl? 

1 hour ago, tiny06 said:

m' I the only whos thinks that maybe in 1 year or 2 if it keeps this way. Many gonna get tired of Thai Bl?

My guess that not to get tired but to become more picky. Right now we have many of on-going and up-coming BL series. So we can choose what we want to watch.

I would like to think that eventually producers will stop to consider BL audience as easy target who will watch anything with male+male relationship. It was the case couple years ago, but i think things are slowly changing now.

2 hours ago, tiny06 said:

when I think P'NEW and LBC I just can think "this gotta be above the avarage".

Tbh, right now one thing what i'm sure about LBCs2 is that will be watchable. Because i don't fully understand are they going to do s2 just as present for fans (like Reminders) or they will put in it as much effort as it was with s1. Will see.

So as

On 11/25/2019 at 11:33 AM, dramaandfood said:

I dont want to expect something astronomical and get disappointed later.

it's better do not expect much in order to be more happy later.:)

2 hours ago, tiny06 said:

I do believed that P'New was going to delivery us a enormous success with UWMA, I know it's too early to jugde, but I don't think it will be that great.

So far UWMA is good.^_^

20 hours ago, deltos said:

Allies are important for changes in attitudes, laws, and society in general.

Allies/Friend/Bro anything is Okay :D

4 hours ago, tiny06 said:

And Tin Can, they are  really strong in terms of fan base(wich I'm included in) all over the internet.

I read this the other day that, Mean-Plan has done over 50+ projects/events together since last year and Thats amazing partnership. So its true, they have got a loyal fanbase.

But as long my expectations are high, my  fear is also.

Though Reminders was a low budget and also had editing errors, it mostly received positive response from the viewers. And because of it's success only, LBC S2 has become more favorable for the sponsors too. I dont know about other couples. But LBC S2's target viewers are Tin-Can or Mean-Plan fans. So for sure, they are going to be satisfied and that IS an assurance. So if you are a TC or MP fan, Have no fear.

And if you are an Ae-Pete or PS fan, just buy lots of tissues :D For KK-TT fans, hmm.. lets just hope its not Teaser number 2.:lol:

For me, personally I am looking for more of Cooheart for I have got a new-found likeness to him after this smile in UWMA,

GUiC0Om.jpg

I have replayed this scene 3 times already. This scene is definitely going in my sweetest confessions list.:wub:

I know it's too early to jugde, but I don't think it will be that great.

The 'Me' who cant stop bragging about UWMA in LBC thread is not pointing things out, of how epic it is, I will carry a banner to recommend it to everyone who is reading.:D

Many gonna get tired of Thai Bl? 

Not only BL, but all entertainment in general, we all will hit a slump somewhere where we get bored of everything, even if its good too. But the slump will pass by. And They will come back.

1 hour ago, aniola said:

I would like to think that eventually producers will stop to consider BL audience as easy target who will watch anything with male+male relationship.

I second this.

1 hour ago, aniola said:

Because i don't fully understand are they going to do s2 just as present for fans (like Reminders) or they will put in it as much effort as it was with s1.

Scared (I dont want it to be like Reminders, though I liked it) but you wrote what I feared. Quality is going to depend on the sponsors they get. Lets just hope for the best.

10 minutes ago, dramaandfood said:

I have replayed this scene 3 times already. This scene is definitely going in my sweetest confessions list.

In is such sunshine.:wub: No wonder gloomy Korn couldn't not notice this over-positive guy.

The couples in past and present are quite different from each other (they mostly connected only be the fact of reincarnation and their undying love) with their own love stories, but what In and Pharm have in common is how wide and bright Earth and Fluke's smiles are. They make me smile together with them.:lol:

20 minutes ago, dramaandfood said:

we all will hit a slump somewhere where we get bored of everything, even if its good too

I'm taking a break from BL once in a while, but those breaks usually so short that i'm hardly even notice them myself.:D

The 'Me' who cant stop bragging about UWMA in LBC thread is not pointing things out, of how epic it is, I will carry a banner to recommend it to everyone who is reading.

take it easy on me, it's just a impression. Or better ,is try to predict sometimes how it's gonna be ahead. BTW I agree with @aniola "so far it's good" 

I read this the other day that, Mean-Plan has done over 50+ projects/events together since last year and Thats amazing partnership. So its true, they have got a loyal fanbase.

WOW! Do you remember where you read that? That's a important fact, maybe can become an article in the blog I write. 

I dont know about other couples. But LBC S2's target viewers are Tin-Can or Mean-Plan fans. So for sure, they are going to be satisfied and that IS an assurance. So if you are a TC or MP fan, Have no fear.

That's the point. I'm a man, like 90% of the fanbase probabily is made by woman. That's where my fear resides. I don't want them to do a series that focuses only on please the fanbase. And there's that common fear, a sequence not being as good as the previous one

BTW.  Any of you guys know someone(maybe that lives in Thailand) or someplace(site or forum) where I can find information about budget of the series, How much they earned, how much each actors recieve? Maybe a GMMTV report. Well anything related to money stuff

2 hours ago, aniola said:

they mostly connected only be the fact of reincarnation

After I read this, I was like, "Noooo They both have the same killer smile" then I read your next sentence and went "yes yes" :lol:

1 hour ago, tiny06 said:

take it easy on me, it's just a impression. Or better ,is try to predict sometimes how it's gonna be ahead.

No problem really. The reason I like sharing my opinion in this forum is because, if my thoughts were different from others, they disagree to share their own opinion, it will only broaden my perspective. Personally also, I have only come across tolerant and amicable people here. In turn, I also respect other's opinion. So soompi is really an awesome space for interactions.

1 hour ago, tiny06 said:

WOW! Do you remember where you read that?

I saw it in Twitter 2 days ago. A fan counted all the 2wish events from last year. I tried searching now but couldnt find it.

1 hour ago, tiny06 said:

That's the point. I'm a man, like 90% of the fanbase probabily is made by woman. That's where my fear resides. I don't want them to do a series that focuses only on please the fanbase.

I think pleasing a particular fanbase is partly a good thing. Trying to please them all, and ending up with frustrated fans all around, I think it is better to focus on their target. But I understand what you mean - Story-wise, they already have a pre-written n completed novel. So I want to say writing (same writer Mame) is not going to be much different from S1. If you liked S1, you will most probably like S2 too.

1 hour ago, tiny06 said:

common fear, a sequence not being as good as the previous one

I have the same fear too. So only I am keeping my expectations under control. Low expectations Lesser disappointments.

Strictly speaking, we know nothing of LBC S2.. like when they are starting to shoot, is the screenplay prepared already, how many episodes, which platform its going to air etc. But just the thought, LBC S2 going to happen, is already an excitement for me. I will dwell on that happiness a little longer for now.

14 minutes ago, dramaandfood said:

So I want to say writing (same writer Mame) is not going to be much different from S1. If you liked S1, you will most probably like S2 too.

I think in case of LBC main point is the same director, not writer.

19 minutes ago, dramaandfood said:

They both have the same killer smile

a5d11e9ab979cd507fc4d4b6ef2f528b2e6c36f4

If only we all start a day with smiling to our reflection in a mirror..:lol:

19 hours ago, aniola said:

I would like to think that eventually producers will stop to consider BL audience as easy target who will watch anything with male+male relationship. It was the case couple years ago, but i think things are slowly changing now.

For one thing, the target audience is not 13 -18 females....it's much broader and includes international audiences and way more Boyz watching...who ( of course) challenge the stereotypes and tropes that have been embedded in the BL's of the past.  Clearly, if SS marriages are to be legalized in Thai anytime in the next century - entertainment will have to change what they produce. 

Tbh, right now one thing what i'm sure about LBCs2 is that will be watchable. Because i don't fully understand are they going to do s2 just as present for fans (like Reminders) or they will put in it as much effort as it was with s1. Will see.

They will prolly follow the novels...Pete will go to Europe, KK & Techno will deal with that lack of consent thing, ( getting on soap box - can writers stop with that lack of consent/dubious consent/sexual harassment theme ? - getting off soap box)  you'll get the full story of TarTum, and the how TinCan became a cpl - the LBC universe in a nutshell...:rolleyes:

So far UWMA is good.^_^

Makes my Wednesday !

22 hours ago, tiny06 said:

And thinking this because of the series I'm watching right now, they are not bad. regarding Make our days Count wich isn't Thai. But they are in the avarage.

I think Taiwan BL's are different because they take risks...and there is always some reality embedded in them no matter the story arc...I'm enjoying MODC and will miss it...thankfully..UWMA goes on until after Jan. and WHYRu begins in Jan too...so I"ve got enough unicorns, rainbows and rocks ( tough issues)  to last me a while.:joy:

5 hours ago, dramaandfood said:
6 hours ago, aniola said:

Because i don't fully understand are they going to do s2 just as present for fans (like Reminders) or they will put in it as much effort as it was with s1.

Scared (I dont want it to be like Reminders, though I liked it) but you wrote what I feared. Quality is going to depend on the sponsors they get. Lets just hope for the best.

Have read on Lazzy Subber FB page P'New will be the director of s2! What a quality reference, no?!

1 hour ago, deltos said:

They will prolly follow the novels...Ae will go to Europe, KK & Techno will deal with that lack of consent thing, ( getting on soap box - can writers stop with that lack of consent/dubious consent/sexual harassment theme ? - getting off nap box)  you'll get the full story of TarTum, and the how TinCan became a cpl - the LBC universe in a nutshell...:rolleyes:

Why read novel when comment can sum up it with just a few words? For sure a nutshell :joy:

26 minutes ago, gogole mongol said:

Have read on Lazzy Subber FB page P'New will be the director of s2! What a quality reference, no?!

Wasn't he the director for S1 ? But I do see growth..if he can do S2 like he's don UWMA...it will be something to watch for sure.

6 minutes ago, gogole mongol said:

Why read novel when comment can sum up it with just a few words? For sure a nutshell :joy:

Details, details, details....what else you want to know..:joy:

18 minutes ago, deltos said:

Details, details, details....what else you want to know..:joy:

Oh my god. no more details. If we have the details we gonna miss the surprises.:sweat_smile: BTW deltos. how much they change the things from a novel to the series? I remember season 1 the scene when Pete came out to his mother. P'NEW gave a Interview telling how he decided to do the scene in that way. I remember that what he told about homosexuality and etc. and was thinking "very nice, a gay director and he is doing the trully "gay" part in a reasonable way. looked like it  came from him, I don't remember if he mentioned MAME. 

31 minutes ago, gogole mongol said:

Why read novel when comment can sum up it with just a few words?

But you never know if comment is fully correct.:phew:

1 hour ago, deltos said:

( getting on soap box - can writers stop with that lack of consent/dubious consent/sexual harassment theme ? - getting off nap box)

Did you use the speaking thing too for everybody could hear you better?:yum:

10 minutes ago, tiny06 said:

Oh my god. no more details. If we have the details we gonna miss the surprises.:sweat_smile: BTW deltos. how much they change the things from a novel to the series? I remember season 1 the scene when Pete came out to his mother. P'NEW gave a Interview telling how he decided to do the scene in that way. I remember that what he told about homosexuality and etc. and was thinking "very nice, a gay director and he is doing the trully "gay" part in a reasonable way. looked like it  came from him, I don't remember if he mentioned MAME. 

To be honest with you, I'd have to go back and read the novel, then go back and watch LBC1 to give you that information neither of which I am inclined to do. In my mind ( limited as it may be)..Novels are for reading...Series are for watching...if the storyteller ( director) in the series is good...I don't even need to read the novel to know the story. And I definitely don't read the novels for " the bed scenes" they make me laugh...so when I read ( and usually quickly) it's for something to read...not to hang on to. Yeah and I agree gay directors make a difference in how they tell the story...the nuances are evident...and you can tell the difference. There is one exception...interrnalized homophobia can impact the story telling...I won't mention his name.  But other than him...series can be quite impactful when done through the right lens. :phew:

12 minutes ago, aniola said:

But you never know if comment is fully correct.:phew:

Exactly !  :joy:

12 minutes ago, aniola said:

Did you use the speaking thing too for everybody could hear you better?:yum:

Nah..,I only use it to express an opinion that may or may not be popular...self-expression !:glasses:

Archived