[Thai Drama 2018] Love by Chance Series Season 1 บังเอิญรัก

Terresa Gate

7 hours ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

You might have to wait in line. I think he's becoming more attractive to some people on here. :D 

While he is cute, I can't help but find Perth cuter :lol:

It's what I call the "I like the tan/dark one" syndrome...Since I barely get attracted to people physically, I have noticed that in Dramas I tend to pay more attention to those that are tanned/dark skin instead of the fair skin ones and I never truly took notice of it, until I was riding the train and I kept obsessing over this guy's gorgeous tanned skin :flushed:and then I started realizing that from Thai Dramas I was always paying more attention to characters like Kongpop, Pete (Kiss me again), Knott (sotus), and now Ae and they all had two things in common (their gorgeous tanned skin and their really beautiful smiles) guess I do have a preference :phew:

Also why I find Mark (Kengkla)'s character charming :smirk:

(also might be because I myself have naturally tanned skin) 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

may be a spoiler to some regarding a character that already appeared in the series.

Spoiler

so apparently Money would be good friends with Pete and his gang in the novel, she regularly appears in the novel, and even went out with the whole gang (with Pond, ChaAim, Ae etc) a few times

On 10/22/2018 at 5:54 AM, polaroidpicture said:

Hey Everyone! I am a longtime lurker here who thoroughly enjoys reading your fannish thoughts and comments. I was compelled to post just this once out of frustration. Please don't misunderstand me; every single one of us is entitled to our opinions about whatever we deem to comment on. And I love to read it all! But I've come across so many posts from all over internet land about TinCan and how their story makes no sense that I felt a burning need to share. It's long so feel free to ignore. This is just me being self-indulgent in a forum I've grown to love. 

Hide contents

Reveal hidden contents

Let me me start off by stating that I am a diehard Tin/Can shipper! Yes, Mean is hella fineeeeee but I was pulled in by the Tin/Can coupling not his abs of steel.Hot! I knew that I would be following their story from previews and teasers. The enemies turned lovers trope has always appealed to me. Sometimes love is messy, crazy and wild. They may not follow the AePete wholesome formula but that's perfectly ok. Sometimes you grow into each other, work it through small disagreements, smooth out the edges. Sometimes you find what you need in the least likely place. 

I love Tin! Can, on the other hand, took some getting used to. He's loud and obnoxious at times and definitely whiny and headstrong. But his genuine love for and defense of anyone who he deems 'family' keeps me from walking away for too long. Now back to my boy Tin. Maybe I hold him especially dear because I understand what it's like to be betrayed and broken and to lose trust. Broken people are irrational at times. We don't always behave in rational and thoughtful ways. Despite what may be our best efforts to move on, our minds sometimes still reside in that past, in the hurt, in the betrayal, in the pain. Tin views everyone but Pete through those lenses. His theme throughout the entire series has been trust and his inability to do it. He's been consistent with regards to that. And people mostly leave his nasty,  snobbish, sexy richard simmons alone. But here comes Can. And he's like  a bull in a chna shop and he won't let go. He speaks his mind often and loudly. He doesn't let Tin walk away. Yes, his ways are aggressive and often fueled by anger (can't say I agree with it) but it's organic for him. The wrist grabs, the admonishing, the fists, he doesn't understand Tin's ways and demands better. 

He gets on Tin's radar after the punch. Who can forget the evil monologue of promised revenge?!! I just call it the Delicious Abs scene. Tin knows he crosses lines; he just doesn't want to care. No richard simmons given means no hurt or pain for him. Let's be honest he's not fully in touch with his feelings. All he knows is that Tul, whom he trusted and loved, almost destroyed him. He's so touch starved and vulnerable and along comes Can with his wrist grabs and loyalty and he just won't leave him alone. That's why I scoff when fans say they don't see it. In Episode 7, he actually approaches Can while walking to class.  He could have avoided him if he wanted. Maybe he wanted Can to know that he wasn't affected by the punch. Regardless, he engaged him. And notice his surprise at Can not knowing or caring about his family name. His defense mechanism kicks in though and he insults Can by calling him stupid because that's how he protects himself. He once again has to deal with Can at his car and this is the first time I begin to think that Can may be a little bit intrigued. He RAN to Tin's car to engage him. Why? Why would you engage an richard simmons? Why won't you move when he threatens to call security? I almost felt like he was playing a game of pulling pigtails with Tin! Look at his expression when Tin grabs him and pulls him away from his car. I swear he was a little turned on. Definitely surprised but zero in and you'll see something unexpected. 

In Episode 8, we have the awkwardly staged kiss. It was an AePete episode and I wish they had left it at that. It almost seemed like an afterthought and I blame the directing team for that. But this happens after he asks Pete to choose him instead of Ae. So he's frustrated, maybe a little confused about the appeal of these Thai Program kids, and now here comes Can AGAIN, butting into his business. So I can see him grabbing him and shutting him up to make a point. And Can, once again engages. I think he subconsciously is attracted. Can isn't a bully so why go after Tin again?  Why the rant about him while talking to Pond? Why can't you stop thinking about him? If he messed up your day by being in your path, keep on walking. But he actually approaches and engages again. He just can't help it! 

Episode 9- That kiss haunts them both, Can more than Tin of course. Tin has dated, has probably had many sexual entanglements given his past; Can has not. Now we see the subconscious become  reality. He can't stop thinking about it, can't concentrate, is truly distraught by it. Ok we know that Can is extra but he goes on and on about this kiss. Did he feel something? He's obviously confused by Tin's behavior, even  pulls Pete aside to ask about Tin's sexuality. Slips trying to lie about why he's asking and calls Tin good looking. Again, natural and organic. 

In Ep 10, we find that Tin wants to make Can his target. Now is it because he is still thinking about the kiss or because he knows he's affected him and wants to get in his 'revenge'? Probably mostly revenge. Because Tin is nothing but predictable. He plays these games so that he can continue to stay in his 'all people are evil' bubble. He invites himself along after hearing Can's name so we know it's Can related. He spots Can as soon as he gets there and keeps staring at him despite how visibly uncomfortable it makes  Can. He allows himself to be pulled along to the locker room by Can and tries to mess with his head. He obviously knows he can affect Can. The touches, the sexual innuendo, it's all because he knows he has hit a weak spot. He's also feeling him out with regards to AePete. He thinks he has him! Of course he must be having a gay panic. But not Can, he's steadfast and loyal to the end. And then they both go back to their respective corners, Tin rocked by Can's trustworthiness, Can rocked by his attraction to Tin. That sigh against the lockers spoke to me more than any words could have. The confrontation before the soccer match was more of the same. Tin desperate to get Pete away and that was desperation, propositions him again. He's feeling vulnerable after recalling the past with Tul. He's almost like a cornered animal. He's actually threatening Pete by saying that he will take him away from Ae if he wants to. Now we all know Pete ain't going anywhere since Ae is peeling his shrimp just right! And here comes Can AGAIN! This kid is relentless. Pete didn't ask for any help. Hello! But what I noticed this time is that Tin is patiently and carefully listening to Can. He even flinches when Can calls him a piece of richard simmons. He tries to explain himself by saying that there's no one like Pete (which means he's the only person he trusts). He actually cares about Can's opinion of him. Something changed between their locker room confrontation and this one. But Tin being predictable Tin falls back on his old ways and we see the spread your legs for me nonsense. He doesn't know what to do about Can. He's totally irrational when it comes to him. If you notice he doesn't evil monologue unless it's related to Can in some way. Can riles him up! 

Now, Episode 11 - I don't understand why people say that their interactions don't make sense here. Tin has shown that he's rocked by Can's behavior, he respects him at least a little because of his his genuine trustworthiness and loyalty.  Yes, he got punched again and monologued about revenge again blah blah blah but I don't think Tin is bothered by that because he deserved it both times. He knew he crossed the line but he falls back on using hurtful words and humiliation when he can't control his situation. He even did it with Pete; asking if he's been brainwashed. Basically, he's all talk! What revenge has Tin ever succeeded at? Other than pissing off Ae and Can. He didn't even say a word to Pond despite being in his presence several times (according to Pond in Ep 10). Tin spends time with Can's family and is genuinely moved, he's enjoying himself, even smiles. He likes it. He actually wants what Can offers. Is there intense want and love behind it like AePete? No. Tin is too richard simmons up for that. But he wants to trust, to count on someone. He thinks Can can be that. So he tries and extends the olive branch after lunch. He even opens up to Can because once again Can's opinion of him matters. I don't even think he's shared what he told Can with Pete. I almost cried during that scene for him because anyone who has ever had deep seated trust issues knows how difficult it is to be truly vulnerable, to open yourself up to someone else's judgement or opinion. You are saying here's my heart, please don't walk all over it. Tin did that! My baby! But Tin being Tin can't get out of his own way. My heart breaks for him because he's so lonely and Can seems like a possibility for everything. But he can't stop sabotaging his own happiness. I am hopeful that Can's apology letter has opened up the floodgates. Someone actually apologized to Tin and he is so touched he actually starts to believe. I can't wait until Can faces off with Tul over Tin. Tin's head might explode if someone stands up for him! 

So, no it's not a pretty story. And there's no lovey dovey or sexy moments to coo over at the moment (I'm thankful to AePete for those) but this slow burn to love is also credible and valid. Tin is like the walking dead and you simply cannot expect rational behavior from someone walking around in pain. Every thing you do is influenced by that hurt. There are days you wake up and you want to try but you go back to status quo because that's what feels safe. I think Tin's actions make sense for him. Do I wish there was more cohesion or that they had taken more time to flesh out the story? Of course! But I'm comfortable saying that I get it. 

That's very comprehensive analysis you have there. I am Tin/Can shipper too. Ae/Pete is too sweet for me, my teeth hurt. Klenka/Techno is just too near to perversion (the unconscious rape?) and the stepbrother trope never appeals to me. So Tin/Can is the right spot for my taste. 

Of course, at first I don't like Can's personality, too loud, too childish. But it has great dynamic when paired to Tin's cold disposition. I think Can has been attracted to Tin since he laid eyes on him (he rejected the girl who asked him to ride her home). Since then, he often provokes him even Tin didn't say anything. Of course sometimes I wonder why Tin does not say anything - in last episode, the restaurant scene, - Can literary insulted Tin and when they were on the street, Can does cross the line. Even I felt bad for Tin (Tin only said he was disgusted once or twice.) From some excerpt of the translated novel, Can is power bottom, he knows what he wants and he will say 'I love you' easily if he feels like it, and he means it. He will be drunk by Tin's shower of affection.

5 hours ago, WeLoveSoompi said:

:tears: OMG " Love is true "  . . .  i dont know why i cry when watch this video xD because the song suit with the video? or anything . . ? lol :bawling:

I wish I can give 10000 Likes for this video. Trust me, I tried. :lol: It seems only one is possible in soompi. Lol. (I wish there was a caption for the song lyrics. Even the lyrics are too apt. With my 5 years of drama watching experience, I bet I know the kor lyrics and the eng translation of that song. Ha.)

Please see after watching the video..

Spoiler

KyW0nrr.jpg

Oh Can' smile here. He doesnt look at Tin to smile but still Tin sees he is smiling and laughs even bigger. I love these things.

8mdvnkH.jpg

Ok Who has got the best hair around..?   Me: You both do.. Now Dont compete. :lol:

NmBixC5.jpg

Even Tin cant escape Can's laser eyes. Shying for the cameras and is his ears red? Heh.

9JC4VtG.jpg

I am curious.. Who won here? Tin or Can..? My guess.. Of course Can.. Tin is too smitten to beat him. Ha.

tO7Jqws.jpg

Tin:: Oh. How dare "Can"?  you dont look at me...?

pOWWcIa.jpg

Can:: My intuition tells me Someone doing something behind my back..

TZalQvK.jpg

And Mission Accomplished. :D

m0HvUOT.jpg

I dont think we are getting a back-hug in the drama. Lets be satisfied with this. Heh.

nDMi0MW.jpg

Me: I know Can is killing you with cuteness. But Dont Kill him. Heh.

And Last but my Favorite..

axoHVxT.jpg

Tin side-glanced Can to look what he is doing. And he purposely did the opposite heart. Ha.

No I am not shipping. I already have some ships that lost it direction, some drowned and many that didnt even set off. Please Dont do this to me. sniff3.gif

6 minutes ago, dramaandfood said:

I wish I can give 10000 Likes for this video. Trust me, I tried. :lol: It seems only one is possible in soompi. Lol. (I wish there was a caption for the song lyrics. Even the lyrics are too apt. With my 5 years of drama watching experience, I bet I know the kor lyrics and the eng translation of that song. Ha.)

Please see after watching the video..

Hide contents

KyW0nrr.jpg

Oh Can' smile here. He doesnt look at Tin to smile but still Tin sees he is smiling and laughs even bigger. I love these things.

8mdvnkH.jpg

Ok Who has got the best hair around..?   Me: You both do.. Now Dont compete. :lol:

NmBixC5.jpg

Even Tin cant escape Can's laser eyes. Shying for the cameras and is his ears red? Heh.

9JC4VtG.jpg

I am curious.. Who won here? Tin or Can..? My guess.. Of course Can.. Tin is too smitten to beat him. Ha.

tO7Jqws.jpg

Tin:: Oh. How dare "Can"?  you dont look at me...?

pOWWcIa.jpg

Can:: My intuition tells me Someone doing something behind my back..

TZalQvK.jpg

And Mission Accomplished. :D

m0HvUOT.jpg

I dont think we are getting a back-hug in the drama. Lets be satisfied with this. Heh.

nDMi0MW.jpg

Me: I know Can is killing you with cuteness. But Dont Kill him. Heh.

And Last but my Favorite..

axoHVxT.jpg

Tin side-glanced Can to look what he is doing. And he purposely did the opposite heart. Ha.

No I am not shipping. I already have some ships that lost it direction, some drowned and many that didnt even set off. Please Dont do this to me. sniff3.gif

true . . :wub: 

32 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I could watch this video for a very long time. :wub:

I really like the composition...very well done especially the slo-mo ...it feels like a high end a cosmetic ad....:)

Something obliquely-off topic

Spoiler

and, there is a hole or a leak in the battleship - it's slowly sinking - only time will tell if it's repairable...we talking drama of queens to the nth level. :crazy:

40 minutes ago, deltos said:

I really like the composition...very well done especially the slo-mo ...it feels like a high end a cosmetic ad....:)

Something obliquely-off topic

Hide contents

and, there is a hole or a leak in the battleship - it's slowly sinking - only time will tell if it's repairable...we talking drama of queens to the nth level. :crazy:

Spoiler

PLEASE DON'T TELL ME THIS IS WHAT I THINK IT IS :bawling:

10 minutes ago, Harunacamelia said:
  Reveal hidden contents

PLEASE DON'T TELL ME THIS IS WHAT I THINK IT IS :bawling:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Well...there's a choice between https://youtu.be/rYEDA3JcQqw. or https://youtu.be/CnXXVgQw-j4  and my personal fav https://youtu.be/QxsmWxxouIM?t=128.  Depends on where you stand - when Queens fight  move out the way..because there is always collateral damage.  :wacko:

2 hours ago, deltos said:
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

Well...there's a choice between https://youtu.be/rYEDA3JcQqw. or https://youtu.be/CnXXVgQw-j4  and my personal fav https://youtu.be/QxsmWxxouIM?t=128.  Depends on where you stand - when Queens fight  move out the way..because there is always collateral damage.  :wacko:

Always Whitney, always! :love:

Archived